EASILY
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By sexy_merc

Didn't The One get taken out by Darkseid? I don't remember The One at all, and his page saying he has near infinite strength is stupid.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Sexy Merc said:

" Didn't The One get taken out by Darkseid? I don't remember The One at all, and his page saying he has near infinite strength is stupid. "

All I know of him is what I just read on his page:

"A composite being formed from the fusion of five Gods: Highfather, Ares, Zeus, Jove and Odin. The power level of The One is near infinite."

A bunch of skyfather-level guys against someone who was near omnipotent? Yeah, I'm going with the near omnipotent guy.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sexy_merc
@JediXMan said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

" Didn't The One get taken out by Darkseid? I don't remember The One at all, and his page saying he has near infinite strength is stupid. "

All I know of him is what I just read on his page:  "A composite being formed from the fusion of five Gods: Highfather, Ares, Zeus, Jove and Odin. The power level of The One is near infinite."  A bunch of skyfather-level guys against someone who was near omnipotent? Yeah, I'm going with the near omnipotent guy. "
My first though was that it was a stomp until his page gave me the misconception of him having near infinite power, which is probably why this thread was made. Kyle wins easy.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Sexy Merc: 

Everybody (Highfather, Ares, Zeus, Jove, and Odin) in the list is just Skyfather level. Nothing more. 

Infinite = Omnipotent and vice versa. I still don't understand why people think stacking characters together would equal omnipotence. If you combined all the non-omnipotent people in comics together, they still wouldn't be omnipotent because omnipotence is infinite.

Is Ion omnipotent or near-omnipotent? I think near since he was weakened after rebuilding the Corps (I think, anyway)
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said:
" @Sexy Merc:   Everybody (Highfather, Ares, Zeus, Jove, and Odin) in the list is just Skyfather level. Nothing more.   Infinite = Omnipotent and vice versa. I still don't understand why people think stacking characters together would equal omnipotence. If you combined all the non-omnipotent people in comics together, they still wouldn't be omnipotent because omnipotence is infinite.  Is Ion omnipotent or near-omnipotent? I think near since he was weakened after rebuilding the Corps (I think, anyway) "
That's true. 1,000,000,000 is no closer to infinity than .00001. Also, I think Ion is vastly powerful, but he's still below omnipotence. He is, however, above any skyfather. 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sexy_merc
@JediXMan: Kyle was near omnipotent, displayed omniscience, and was omnipresent. Most of them were limited because of the time he chose to have the ION power and recreate the Guardians on Oa, as well as recharging the Central Power Battery. He only decided to permanently take away the ION power because he was drifting away from his close ones and decided to relinquish it. Giving up that amount of power really shows his willpower and a great example of why I love him. Even before gaining the ION power, it was stated that he had a piece of ION inside him before engaging in combat with Nero, so this might imply that the willpower of ION was somewhat stored in Kyle since becoming a Green Lantern. After Sinestro stripped him of the ION power recently though, it's still unknown whether or not he still has a small fragment of the power.
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Ion

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@Sexy Merc said:
" @JediXMan: Kyle was near omnipotent, displayed omniscience, and was omnipresent. Most of them were limited because of the time he chose to have the ION power and recreate the Guardians on Oa, as well as recharging the Central Power Battery. He only decided to permanently take away the ION power because he was drifting away from his close ones and decided to relinquish it. Giving up that amount of power really shows his willpower and a great example of why I love him. Even before gaining the ION power, it was stated that he had a piece of ION inside him before engaging in combat with Nero, so this might imply that the willpower of ION was somewhat stored in Kyle since becoming a Green Lantern. After Sinestro stripped him of the ION power recently though, it's still unknown whether or not he still has a small fragment of the power. "
That's right. I forgot that you're the authority on Kyle Rayner and the Lantern Corps in general. Personally, I prefer John Stewart to any other Lantern, but that's just me. That's off-topic though. Why didn't Sodam Yat had vast power with the Ion empowerment, but he didn't seem to demonstrate the same level that Kyle did. He seemed to show similar abilities but at lower levels. That is, unless there's a feat he did that I'm not remembering. He does have a lot of great feats, but I think Kyle was more powerful than he was, overall. If I'm correct, why was that?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Silver2467 said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Sexy Merc:   Everybody (Highfather, Ares, Zeus, Jove, and Odin) in the list is just Skyfather level. Nothing more.   Infinite = Omnipotent and vice versa. I still don't understand why people think stacking characters together would equal omnipotence. If you combined all the non-omnipotent people in comics together, they still wouldn't be omnipotent because omnipotence is infinite.  Is Ion omnipotent or near-omnipotent? I think near since he was weakened after rebuilding the Corps (I think, anyway) "
That's true. 1,000,000,000 is no closer to infinity than .00001. Also, I think Ion is vastly powerful, but he's still below omnipotence. He is, however, above any skyfather.  "
That's why I don't like the term near-omnipotent, because one is no closer to infinity than is one quintillion. Unfortunately, for people like Spectre, Ion, Parallax, Anti-Monitor, etc. I must resort to that aforementioned phrase.

@Sexy Merc said:
" @JediXMan: Kyle was near omnipotent, displayed omniscience, and was omnipresent. Most of them were limited because of the time he chose to have the ION power and recreate the Guardians on Oa, as well as recharging the Central Power Battery. He only decided to permanently take away the ION power because he was drifting away from his close ones and decided to relinquish it. Giving up that amount of power really shows his willpower and a great example of why I love him. Even before gaining the ION power, it was stated that he had a piece of ION inside him before engaging in combat with Nero, so this might imply that the willpower of ION was somewhat stored in Kyle since becoming a Green Lantern. After Sinestro stripped him of the ION power recently though, it's still unknown whether or not he still has a small fragment of the power. "

Interesting. Might I inquire as to when the whole Ion saga took place? I've been interested in reading that for awhile.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @JediXMan said:
That's true. 1,000,000,000 is no closer to infinity than .00001. Also, I think Ion is vastly powerful, but he's still below omnipotence. He is, however, above any skyfather.  "
That's why I don't like the term near-omnipotent, because one is no closer to infinity than is one quintillion. Unfortunately, for people like Spectre, Ion, Parallax, Anti-Monitor, etc. I must resort to that aforementioned phrase.  
I know what you mean. I don't like using it either, because really, it doesn't make sense, but there isn't really a better way to put it. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Silver2467 said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @JediXMan said:
I know what you mean. I don't like using it either, because really, it doesn't make sense, but there isn't really a better way to put it.  "
Exactly. There needs to be some other term.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sexy_merc
@Silver2467 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
That's right. I forgot that you're the authority on Kyle Rayner and the Lantern Corps in general. Personally, I prefer John Stewart to any other Lantern, but that's just me. That's off-topic though. Why didn't Sodam Yat had vast power with the Ion empowerment, but he didn't seem to demonstrate the same level that Kyle did. He seemed to show similar abilities but at lower levels. That is, unless there's a feat he did that I'm not remembering. He does have a lot of great feats, but I think Kyle was more powerful than he was, overall. If I'm correct, why was that? "
That's a big compliment and thank you man. Kyle is my favorite comic book character so I appreciate what you said. To answer your question, for starters, Sodam never had full access to the ION power and the Corps had to quickly find a candidate to host ION because of Anti-Monitor's attack. Because of this, Sodam had to focus solely on the Power Ring which he had to wear in order to get limited ION power that he had. Kyle didn't need to have a ring in order to control the power and this could show his experience compared to Sodam. Bear in mind however that Sodam still relied on brute force using his Daxam bloodline in order to fight Prime so we didn't see much of ION's ability utilized like Kyle did. If he did use it more (due to his lack of experience), we may have seen similarities of him to Kyle's second coming of ION. Now Hand of God ION is a whole different story. Kyle releases the hate in himself which forms it's own physical form known as Oblivion. It was modeled by a drawing of a villain Kyle drew when he was a kid. Kyle defeats Oblivion and the energy he absorbed because of this resulted in the ION entity being drawn to him. The Central Battery energies left Hal during Zero Hour and after he ignited the sun in Final Night was also absorbed by Kyle so it wasn't just the Central Battery Power. During the story we see when Kyle is clearing his thoughts in another reality that Oblivion and Parallax (Hal) are both prevalent. The reason he sees the manifestation of both Oblivion and Parallax, in my opinion, is his ability to overcome fear (Parallax) and embrace the Central Power Energy as well as overcoming his hate (Oblivion) as he expelled whatever hate he had in his heart. It should be noted that most of the hate came into fruition because of Major Forces' killing of Kyle's then girlfriend. What made this version of ION the most powerful was Kyle's ability to embrace his fears and hate permanently, as well as gaining the total sum of the energies from the remnants left from the sun because of Hal, the total energies by the Guardians of the Universe and full access to the Central Power Battery (which Sodam didn't have or utilize).

@JediXMan said:
Interesting. Might I inquire as to when the whole Ion saga took place? I've been interested in reading that for awhile. "
It took place in Green Lantern Volume 3 #142-150, and deals with Oblivion in the beginning. It's a good read and for me personally as well as Kyle's journey of a Green Lantern, my favorite arc in comics because of how well Kyle's character was portrayed.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
Classic ION for the win... 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467
@Sexy Merc said: 
That's a big compliment and thank you man. Kyle is my favorite comic book character so I appreciate what you said. To answer your question, for starters, Sodam never had full access to the ION power and the Corps had to quickly find a candidate to host ION because of Anti-Monitor's attack. Because of this, Sodam had to focus solely on the Power Ring which he had to wear in order to get limited ION power that he had. Kyle didn't need to have a ring in order to control the power and this could show his experience compared to Sodam. Bear in mind however that Sodam still relied on brute force using his Daxam bloodline in order to fight Prime so we didn't see much of ION's ability utilized like Kyle did. If he did use it more (due to his lack of experience), we may have seen similarities of him to Kyle's second coming of ION. Now Hand of God ION is a whole different story. Kyle releases the hate in himself which forms it's own physical form known as Oblivion. It was modeled by a drawing of a villain Kyle drew when he was a kid. Kyle defeats Oblivion and the energy he absorbed because of this resulted in the ION entity being drawn to him. The Central Battery energies left Hal during Zero Hour and after he ignited the sun in Final Night was also absorbed by Kyle so it wasn't just the Central Battery Power. During the story we see when Kyle is clearing his thoughts in another reality that Oblivion and Parallax (Hal) are both prevalent. The reason he sees the manifestation of both Oblivion and Parallax, in my opinion, is his ability to overcome fear (Parallax) and embrace the Central Power Energy as well as overcoming his hate (Oblivion) as he expelled whatever hate he had in his heart. It should be noted that most of the hate came into fruition because of Major Forces' killing of Kyle's then girlfriend. What made this version of ION the most powerful was Kyle's ability to embrace his fears and hate permanently, as well as gaining the total sum of the energies from the remnants left from the sun because of Hal, the total energies by the Guardians of the Universe and full access to the Central Power Battery (which Sodam didn't have or utilize).
That's right. I've seen his fight with Prime. I've read and seen a lot of things where Sodam showed some decent power, but none of it compared to when Kyle had the Ion empowerment. Thanks for clearing that up.