• 51 results
#1 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been suggested that this Celestial is the most powerful 
If so, how powerful is he when considering the other powerful Celestials? 
And who could defeat him (other than Eternity, Death and the Living Tribunal)?  
Is there another Celestial more powerful? 
Could Galactus or the Phoenix Force defeat him?

The One Above All  

Earth-9997/Earth X

#2 Posted by Freefa11 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio

My understanding is that he is normally the most powerful Celestial. The only one that might be higher is Scathan, but I'm not sure if he's canon, since he only showed up once and was a very stupid character. 

As far as who beats him, I really don't know. I would assume he is pretty well above Galactus' normal power levels. Don't know about Phoenix. Also, while Death is the sister of Eternity, she's really never been portrayed as equal to him in power, as far as I'm aware. One Above All was one of the two Celestials who engaged Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet event, although that doesn't mean much, since he was beaten about as easily as everyone else (everyone who wasn't Eternity, anyway).

#3 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said:
"My understanding is that he is normally the most powerful Celestial. The only one that might be higher is Scathan, but I'm not sure if he's canon, since he only showed up once and was a very stupid character.  As far as who beats him, I really don't know. I would assume he is pretty well above Galactus' normal power levels. Don't know about Phoenix. Also, while Death is the sister of Eternity, she's really never been portrayed as equal to him in power, as far as I'm aware. One Above All was one of the two Celestials who engaged Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet event, although that doesn't mean much, since he was beaten about as easily as everyone else (everyone who wasn't Eternity, anyway). "

I would put Death above Eternity because she has dominion over death 
And over time everything dies or comes to an end. Even time itself. That would make Eternity effected by her power 
Bu that's just my thinking 

I think Galactus (at full power and written by someone who understand what he represents) could take him 
Not sure about anyone else.
#4 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

yes.. both Galactus and the Phoenix can defeat him.. 

#5 Edited by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016 said:

"yes.. both Galactus and the Phoenix can defeat him..  "

I agree 
Because of their rol ein the universe 

Anyone else? 
#6 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Galactus ftw
2.Whole Phoenix Force - curbstomp, WPOTC - stomp.
3.OAA - as other Celestials - is in my opinion close to Gaea's level. Maybe a little higher.
P.S.4.I belive his name is One Above All (without "The")

#7 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
"1.Galactus ftw 2.Whole Phoenix Force - curbstomp, WPOTC - stomp. 3.OAA - as other Celestials - is in my opinion close to Gaea's level. Maybe a little higher.P.S.4.I belive his name is One Above All (without "The") "

It's The One Above All 
Look at the scan above with Forgotten One 
The the is with a capital T 

Not sure what your saying in #3
#8 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just Marvel Characters in this scenario?
Imo Galactus could take him & Exitar would give him a run for his £$ too :-)

#9 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

If this Celestial is the most powerful, in my opinion he would be the most powerful non-abstract after Galactus. Being said, Galactus and higher would defeat him, but I can't think of anyone below that could. Maybe Tenebrous or one of the other Proemial Gods. Their power is said to rival Galactus. Maybe the  Sphinx. When he gained the knowledge of the universe when he absorbed that computer was nearly a match for Galactus.

#10 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the dreaming celestial was more powerful then him, and maybe exitar too.
#11 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"I thought the dreaming celestial was more powerful then him, and maybe exitar too. "

Unless something has changed and been officailly stated, the One Above All was said to be the most powerful during the Eternal/Asgardian Saga where Odin fought their judgement. He was the master of the fourth host which was suppose to be the greatest gathering of celestials.
#12 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"I thought the dreaming celestial was more powerful then him, and maybe exitar too. "
Unless something has changed and been officailly stated, the One Above All was said to be the most powerful during the Eternal/Asgardian Saga where Odin fought their judgement. He was the master of the fourth host which was suppose to be the greatest gathering of celestials. "

well I never new that was stated and in one scan Thor stated that Exitar surpassed the fourth host in power. and it was stated that Galactus feared the dreaming celestial.
#13 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
Unless something has changed and been officailly stated, the One Above All was said to be the most powerful during the Eternal/Asgardian Saga where Odin fought their judgement. He was the master of the fourth host which was suppose to be the greatest gathering of celestials. "
well I never new that was stated and in one scan Thor stated that Exitar surpassed the fourth host in power. and it was stated that Galactus feared the dreaming celestial. "

Then it sounds like that he is not the most powerful anymore.
#14 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
well I never new that was stated and in one scan Thor stated that Exitar surpassed the fourth host in power. and it was stated that Galactus feared the dreaming celestial. "
Then it sounds like that he is not the most powerful anymore. "

but the dreaming celestial isn't even really a celestial anymore he ascended to the level of the being who all the celestials served the Fulcrum
#15 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
but the dreaming celestial isn't even really a celestial anymore he ascended to the level of the being who all the celestials served the Fulcrum "

I just read that. So he wouldn't count. And before that he was part of the Second Host (a lesser Host that the one the One Above All reside over) And Exitar was larger but seem to serve one purpose and that was destory planets. He would serve Arisham and the One Above All. Not sure if that made him more powerful.
#16 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
but the dreaming celestial isn't even really a celestial anymore he ascended to the level of the being who all the celestials served the Fulcrum "
I just read that. So he wouldn't count. And before that he was part of the Second Host (a lesser Host that the one the One Above All reside over) And Exitar was larger but seem to serve one purpose and that was destory planets. He would serve Arisham and the One Above All. Not sure if that made him more powerful. "

but the dreaming celestial was as powerful as the rest of his host combined. and thats what Thor states in a scan discribing the marvel heirarchy http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1159592-thor_annual_1989__014_36_37.jpg 
#17 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
I just read that. So he wouldn't count. And before that he was part of the Second Host (a lesser Host that the one the One Above All reside over) And Exitar was larger but seem to serve one purpose and that was destory planets. He would serve Arisham and the One Above All. Not sure if that made him more powerful. "

but the dreaming celestial was as powerful as the rest of his host combined. and thats what Thor states in a scan discribing the marvel heirarchy http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1159592-thor_annual_1989__014_36_37.jpg  "

He couldn't be as powerful as all of them because just the members of the second host defeated and exiled him.
#18 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:

but the dreaming celestial was as powerful as the rest of his host combined. and thats what Thor states in a scan discribing the marvel heirarchy http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1159592-thor_annual_1989__014_36_37.jpg  "
He couldn't be as powerful as all of them because just the members of the second host defeated and exiled him. "

my bad almost as powerful thats why it took his entire host to beat him
#19 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:

He couldn't be as powerful as all of them because just the members of the second host defeated and exiled him. "
 my bad almost as powerful thats why it took his entire host to beat him "

And I wouldn't put much weight behind that illustration with Thor. Much of it contradicts. Like him stating that the Destroyer could destroy Galactus but then states how the Celestials easily defeated it with the addition of patheon skyfathers who mobilized it.
#20 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha: 

he doesn't state the Destroyer could destroy Galactus he Questions if Galactus would employ the destroyer if it could destroy Galactus.
#21 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha:  he doesn't state the Destroyer could destroy Galactus he Questions if Galactus would employ the destroyer if it could destroy Galactus. "

You are right but the question itself causes a problem. He wonder's if Galactus would as if there was still a maybe that the Destroyer could destroy Galactus. And then to question if A fully powered Galactus could defeat Odin. Thor (through the writer) seems to be implying some redundant questions. I think a great testament o the One Above All power is that he was chosen by the Living Tribunal to fight Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet.
#22 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha:  he doesn't state the Destroyer could destroy Galactus he Questions if Galactus would employ the destroyer if it could destroy Galactus. "
You are right but the question itself causes a problem. He wonder's if Galactus would as if there was still a maybe that the Destroyer could destroy Galactus. And then to question if A fully powered Galactus could defeat Odin. Thor (through the writer) seems to be implying some redundant questions. I think a great testament o the One Above All power is that he was chosen by the Living Tribunal to fight Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. "

in the past Galactus's prigin hadn't been fully established or the limits of his power tested. and yes that is yrue but who acctually picked who was battleing Thanos? I didn't know it was the LT
#23 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
You are right but the question itself causes a problem. He wonder's if Galactus would as if there was still a maybe that the Destroyer could destroy Galactus. And then to question if A fully powered Galactus could defeat Odin. Thor (through the writer) seems to be implying some redundant questions. I think a great testament o the One Above All power is that he was chosen by the Living Tribunal to fight Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. "
 in the past Galactus's prigin hadn't been fully established or the limits of his power tested. and yes that is yrue but who acctually picked who was battleing Thanos? I didn't know it was the LT "

It was either the Living Tribunal or Eternity. I can't remember exactly. And in the past Galactus power was more established then than now. When you examine his early power as described by Richards. When the Sphinx became an galactic threat, it was Galactus that put a end to him. And another problem I have is Thor questioning the power of the Beyonder. I know it was late change to him being a Cosmic Cube but before he was something greater. Thor states that the Beyonder destroying a galaxy may have been an illusion but the Beyonder easy repelled Galactus and was easy defeating Doom who stole Galactus's power. He was also confronted by the Molecule Man who at the time was considered the mightiest in the Marvel Universe and stood toe to toe with him.
#24 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
 in the past Galactus's prigin hadn't been fully established or the limits of his power tested. and yes that is yrue but who acctually picked who was battleing Thanos? I didn't know it was the LT "
 It was either the Living Tribunal or Eternity. I can't remember exactly. And in the past Galactus power was more established then than now. When you examine his early power as described by Richards. When the Sphinx became an galactic threat, it was Galactus that put a end to him. And another problem I have is Thor questioning the power of the Beyonder. I know it was late change to him being a Cosmic Cube but before he was something greater. Thor states that the Beyonder destroying a galaxy may have been an illusion but the Beyonder easy repelled Galactus and was easy defeating Doom who stole Galactus's power. He was also confronted by the Molecule Man who at the time was considered the mightiest in the Marvel Universe and stood toe to toe with him. "

at that point Beyonder and Molecule man had both been retconned.
#25 Posted by NeonNemesis (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we counting just Marvel characters or also DC? 

Also wasn't the Celestial TOAA the leader of them, but not the strongest? Wasn't that Exitar's "title"?
#26 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis said:
"Are we counting just Marvel characters or also DC?  Also wasn't the Celestial TOAA the leader of them, but not the strongest? Wasn't that Exitar's "title"? "

Not sure. He was the largest and was used to destroy planets. He would sit for millions of years gathering his energy for these talk. But I'm not sure if that made him strongest. Thor cracked a small hole in his armor once but couldn't begin to damage the OAA. Odin weilding the Destroyer armor with the other skyfathers aand carrying the Odin Sword couldn't not damage him.
#27 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
 It was either the Living Tribunal or Eternity. I can't remember exactly. And in the past Galactus power was more established then than now. When you examine his early power as described by Richards. When the Sphinx became an galactic threat, it was Galactus that put a end to him. And another problem I have is Thor questioning the power of the Beyonder. I know it was late change to him being a Cosmic Cube but before he was something greater. Thor states that the Beyonder destroying a galaxy may have been an illusion but the Beyonder easy repelled Galactus and was easy defeating Doom who stole Galactus's power. He was also confronted by the Molecule Man who at the time was considered the mightiest in the Marvel Universe and stood toe to toe with him. "
 at that point Beyonder and Molecule man had both been retconned. "

yes, but Thor make mention of the galaxy destroying feat. That feat happen at the same time as the Beyonder defeating Galactus easily and then a Galactus empowered Doom.
#28 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha: 

Thor damages other celestials in his battle with the celestials, and The asgardian powered destrpyer never saw the OAA so we don't know if he could damage him.
#29 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha:  Thor damages other celestials in his battle with the celestials, and The asgardian powered destrpyer never saw the OAA so we don't know if he could damage him. "

But Thor didn't damage the OAA and the Destroyer didn't damage Celestials that were weaker than the OAA because it was the Fourth Host that it fought and the OAA were over them.  
#30 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha:  Thor damages other celestials in his battle with the celestials, and The asgardian powered destrpyer never saw the OAA so we don't know if he could damage him. "
But Thor didn't damage the OAA and the Destroyer didn't damage Celestials that were weaker than the OAA because it was the Fourth Host that it fought and the OAA were over them.   "

actually the destroyer damaged the celestials it fought they just regenerated so it could have been able to damage the OAA but he would have regenerated
#31 Posted by NeonNemesis (350 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha said:
"@NeonNemesis said:
"Are we counting just Marvel characters or also DC?  Also wasn't the Celestial TOAA the leader of them, but not the strongest? Wasn't that Exitar's "title"? "
Not sure. He was the largest and was used to destroy planets. He would sit for millions of years gathering his energy for these talk. But I'm not sure if that made him strongest. Thor cracked a small hole in his armor once but couldn't begin to damage the OAA. Odin weilding the Destroyer armor with the other skyfathers aand carrying the Odin Sword couldn't not damage him. "

I think he only gathered the energy for the battle with the watchers. 
I don't think Thor ever faced OAA in combat, could be wrong on this, but IIRC when he cracked a small hole in Exitar he used his belt of strenght and a godblast and the result was the hole and both the belt and Mjolnir broken.
#32 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis:
Thor did face OAA in combat, he cracked a whole in exitars armor with a strike from his hammer when he was wearing the BOS. He blew open Exitars brain Dome with the Godblast that also shattered Mjolneir.
#33 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis said:
"@Alpha said:
"@NeonNemesis said:
Not sure. He was the largest and was used to destroy planets. He would sit for millions of years gathering his energy for these talk. But I'm not sure if that made him strongest. Thor cracked a small hole in his armor once but couldn't begin to damage the OAA. Odin weilding the Destroyer armor with the other skyfathers aand carrying the Odin Sword couldn't not damage him. "
I think he only gathered the energy for the battle with the watchers. I don't think Thor ever faced OAA in combat, could be wrong on this, but IIRC when he cracked a small hole in Exitar he used his belt of strenght and a godblast and the result was the hole and both the belt and Mjolnir broken. "

Tho rfaced the OAA after he defeated the Forgotten one who was his herald. See Thor #285-87

@Thor's hammmer said:
"@Alpha said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
But Thor didn't damage the OAA and the Destroyer didn't damage Celestials that were weaker than the OAA because it was the Fourth Host that it fought and the OAA were over them.   "
actually the destroyer damaged the celestials it fought they just regenerated so it could have been able to damage the OAA but he would have regenerated "

There was no seen damage that I remember. It has been a while but I recall he stabbed one who withdrew the sword. What do you remember?
#34 Edited by sxgt (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think you guys understand the concept of TOAA, its just the comic book author manifested into ink. meaning NOTHING is about him.

#35 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha said:

actually the destroyer damaged the celestials it fought they just regenerated so it could have been able to damage the OAA but he would have regenerated "
There was no seen damage that I remember. It has been a while but I recall he stabbed one who withdrew the sword. What do you remember? "

he cut one of there arms off, although it regenerated. Thor picked up the Odinsword after the destroyer fell and through it through arsheim.    
#36 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@sxgt said:
"I dont think you guys understand the concept of TOAA, its just the comic book author manifested into ink. meaning NOTHING is about him. "

You are talking about the THE ONE ABOVE ALL who is the creator of the Marvel Universe and suppose to be Stan Lee. The Living Tribunal works for him. We are talking about the Celestial One Above All. They are not the same character.  

WOW
#37 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to see this thread move on 
You guys answered a lot of questions for me 
Thanks
#38 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3981 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs said:
"

The One Above All  

Earth-9997/Earth X

"
He is the leader of the celestials, not the most powerful one. Scathan the Approver and Tiamut the Communicator/Renegade Celestial are both more powerful than he is. Maybe Exitar the Exterminator as well, but that one is completely baseless.  
#39 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs said:
"

The One Above All  

Earth-9997/Earth X

"
He is the leader of the celestials, not the most powerful one. Scathan the Approver and Tiamut the Communicator/Renegade Celestial are both more powerful than he is. Maybe Exitar the Exterminator as well, but that one is completely baseless.   "

Im still not sure how people find Scathan powerful, he dosnet have feats for being strong just feats for being a good desicion maker.  The Protege arc was complete PIS also.  Exitar is in the running for top?  I never knew he was strong.
#40 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3981 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212: He defeated the Protege who was more powerful than the Living Tribunal. That's proof enough for me.
#41 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

@RiseofApocalypse
said:
" @daak1212: He defeated the Protege who was more powerful than the Living Tribunal. That's proof enough for me. "

No he said that LT now had the go ahead to take out Protege.  At first Protege dominated LT but as soon as Scathan gave the thumbs up LT stomped Protege who was supposed to be the next in line for TOAA 

the litteral thumbs up
#42 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3981 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212:

You're wrong. 

The Protege said something which was not approved by Scathan, so he gave him the thumbs down. Then he put a muzzle on him (off-panel) which negated his powers. T'was then that the LT absorbed his ass. 

Read Guardians of the Galaxy 50.
#43 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse: 

That is the worst form of writting to me. No one would have power over the Living Tribunal but TOAA. Any writer who puts down anything else is clearly not going with the way things are. I hate when they make changes just for a story that doesn't matter.
#44 Posted by Freefa11 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha: It's even more stupid when you consider that Scathan's role is to approve or disapprove, but Living Tribunal already has the role of judging things, effectively making Scathan's purpose completely redundant. They basically pulled a new absurdly powerful character from out of nowhere to do what the Tribunal should be doing anyway. Terrible, terrible writing.
#45 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said:
" @Alpha: It's even more stupid when you consider that Scathan's role is to approve or disapprove, but Living Tribunal already has the role of judging things, effectively making Scathan's purpose completely redundant. They basically pulled a new absurdly powerful character from out of nowhere to do what the Tribunal should be doing anyway. Terrible, terrible writing. "

Im with you both on this 
The Living Tribunal's role is judge 
He is the right hand man of The One Above All 
He enforces his will 
His will stopped the Infinity Gauntlet from working 
What power would be greater the LT's other than the power behind him
#46 Posted by Primebonnick (2909 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he is the strongest celestial. Extair and tiamut are below him in power well until tiamut ascended.

#47 Posted by eliasw123 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@StrongestOneThereIs: Theres one guy thats called one above all (Celestial) And one thats called The One above all and also know as the god of marvel but the

Celestial isnt god so galactus and phoenix can kill the Celestial ok?

#48 Posted by moldybutt70 (87 posts) - - Show Bio

phoenix gets owned by proteus and an iron man bot. she DEFINITELY stands no chance

i dont know about galactus

#49 Posted by Kandykane (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's a little late but you guys are underestimating the celestials. If you recall in the eternals when Dreaming Celestial (Tiamut the Communicator) was awoken Galactus remembered what is was to be afraid and the OAA celestial is suppose to be stronger than Tiamut.

#50 Posted by DocGreen (1 posts) - - Show Bio