Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

SOME CRAZY S*** HAPPENS.

The effect of said crazy s*** being that Oa and every member of the Green Lantern Corps are transported a long, long time ago... in a galaxy far far away...

This takes place back in Ye Good Olde Dayes where the jedi and sith both existed (think TOR) in more or less equal numbers. When the Guardians and the GLC adjust to this new world and sense the great evil that is the Dark Side of the Force, they set out to place their own authority over this faraway world, beginning with Coruscant and the Old Republic. They Jedi and Sith sense this great shift in the emotional spectrum of the Force, and are prepared to defend their Republic and way of life.

No Caption Provided

vs.

No Caption Provided

---------------------------------------------

-The Guardians and Oans get three months to adjust to the way things work.

-Alan Scott doesn't get to come.

-No other Corps can come along, the GLC is alone.

-Nobody in the Star Wars universe can be recruited into the Corps.

-None of the GLC are Force-sensitive.

-The jedi, sith, and the rest of the republic can use whatever weapons and ships they have.

-EU feats are allowed.

-Win occurs when one side is the definitive government of the Star Wars Universe.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By rav4

I'll take power rings over a lightsaber and blasters any day... theoretically, whatever the Star Wars peeps can use, the Lanterns can just replicate or improve with a thought, so yeah. GLC

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Joygirl

@Ravager4: Though, in the EU, really powerful Force-users are... well... really powerful. I think Darth Sidious created a black hole, and Starkiller is powerful enough to toss star destroyers around.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By rav4

@Joygirl: creating black holes? now that's just silly

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Joygirl said:

@Ravager4: Though, in the EU, really powerful Force-users are... well... really powerful. I think Darth Sidious created a black hole, and Starkiller is powerful enough to toss star destroyers around.

Palpatine created a worm hole, not a black hole - difference.

Also, Starkiller was at no point "tossing Star Destroyers" around.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

@JediXMan: I don't know, I'm just spouting crap I've heard. :P I don't read EU and haven't even finished TFU yet.

Thoughts on the battle?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Video_Martian

GL Corps

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Joygirl said:

@JediXMan: I don't know, I'm just spouting crap I've heard. :P I don't read EU and haven't even finished TFU yet.

Thoughts on the battle?

Oh, the Corps win.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joygirl

@Video_Martian: @JediXMan: Even with a turf advantage and weaponry? Most lanterns are not as powerful as the biggies (Kilowog, Hal, Kyle, etc.) and there are more powerful Force-users (Sidious, Yoda, Windu) for the more powerful lanterns.

Fun fact: Spellcheck doesn't recognize Yoda as a non-word.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Joygirl said:

@Video_Martian: @JediXMan: Even with a turf advantage and weaponry? Most lanterns are not as powerful as the biggies (Kilowog, Hal, Kyle, etc.) and there are more powerful Force-users (Sidious, Yoda, Windu) for the more powerful lanterns.

True. But the average Lantern > average Jedi / Sith.

@Joygirl said:

Fun fact: Spellcheck doesn't recognize Yoda as a non-word.

... I thought that was just me, because I usually tell it to add Star Wars words to the dictionary. Okay, that's awesome.

Also: WordWeb recognizes "Jedi."

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sethlol

GL stomp casually.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NyghtMare

@Sethlol said:

GL stomp casually.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joygirl

Bump out of curiosity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@joygirl: Got here from your "Check out my other battles" link.

I made this battle a while ago, and variations of it. I always thought the Jedi and Sith tied in well with Lantern users because of the emotional spectrum. I can see Obi-Wan being a Green Lantern, Luke Skywalker being a Blue, Vader being a Yellow, and Palpatine being a yellow, red or orange.

And also, guys like Hal Jordan or Sinestro would be scary force users.

In terms of the battle.. it's sad but the Corps hasn't really got a way to lose. Lightsabers and the bulk of force users might not have an effect.

There was one ship called The Ascendant Spear which was manually controlled by Darth Karrid, and was able to clear entire fleets by itself. That would thin the ranks of the Corps. But it's still not enough.

tronboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Sidious

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id say Green Lantern Corps 6 out of 10. Gorilla Grodd is basically a Jedi and Mercenary hybred, however if the green lanterns destroy a ship the Jeni / Mercs then they all sufficate to death. Air battles would be easy mode for Green Lanterns, but ground fighting would be a bitch.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is this just every sith an jedi that lived in the old republic era because if so wouldnt the GLC out number them?

But from what I've seen in debates Sidious is suppose to be the mosr powerful sith(debatable to some people)

But idk Star wars characters cant be taken lightly

Avatar image for katrin_romanoff_004
Katrin_Romanoff_004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, I'm thinking the Lanterns...

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your average Green Lantern is more powerful than your average Jedi, and the Old Republic's ships and ground troops wont be much of a threat to the Corps, so i reckon the Lanterns win this, albeit after a long, hard battle. The Force is very versatile, and lightsabers are very effective weapons, but a Power Ring can do so much more than both. Overall the Lanterns are more capable than their opponents, so they should win this, but like i said, it would be tough.

Avatar image for high_father_batgod
High_Father_BatGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to say GL can win this

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@silverrings: I wouldn't say power rings are more versatile than the Force at all. But I agree the Corps wins.

I'm pretty sure they are. The Force is essentially just telekinesis and telepathy. Power Rings can be used to move objects, as well as create any object the wearer can imagine, fly, blow stuff up, travel through time, etc, etc. Power Rings can certainly do everything the Force can, and some things the Force can't.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GLC ftw

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@silverrings said:

@mitran said:

@silverrings: I wouldn't say power rings are more versatile than the Force at all. But I agree the Corps wins.

I'm pretty sure they are. The Force is essentially just telekinesis and telepathy. Power Rings can be used to move objects, as well as create any object the wearer can imagine, fly, blow stuff up, travel through time, etc, etc. Power Rings can certainly do everything the Force can, and some things the Force can't.

Except for actually creating things, all of that has been done with the Force. TK and TP are the most common applications, but there's a looooooooooot more to it than that. Even in the movies there was Force lightning.

Green Lanterns can create things, they have Molecular Manipulation.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@dondave said:

@mitran said:

@silverrings said:

@mitran said:

Except for actually creating things, all of that has been done with the Force. TK and TP are the most common applications, but there's a looooooooooot more to it than that. Even in the movies there was Force lightning.

Green Lanterns can create things, they have Molecular Manipulation.

MM isn't the same as creating matter, it's just rearranging molecules. But that doesn't matter because I'm saying all of the things that Silverrings listed as doable with a power ring has been done with the Force (except for creating objects).

As a side note, GLs have been able to go through time? I've never heard that.

IIRC, they only had that ability Pre-Crisis

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't just listing things the Power Rings do that the Force can't, but things they can both do. Creating objects is a pretty big deal, especially on the scale the Lanterns have done so in the past, which dwarfs anything i know the Force has been used to do, other than a Sideous clone making a Force storm in space, or something. Force lightening isn't a big threat to most Lanterns, and definitely not the Guardians.

Also, i can't remember when the time travelling thing was, so forgive me if it's not relevant to the current versions. I'm convinced the Lanterns beat the Republic here, though.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Bump. This thread has some debating value. I vote the Old Republic to get the ball rolling.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Old Republic FTW

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only people in the Old Republic who are threats are Vitiate and Nihilus, everyone else is fodder. However, the republic does outnumber the GLC 10,000,000,000:1 so if they actually all attacked at once, they would win.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: If you count Nihilus then you must by extension count Exile.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jace Malcom solos.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lantern Corp stomp

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Old Republic Sith had some f*cking boss fleets of ships. The Empire were actually draining suns/stars and using them to power super fleets, one of which was actually manually piloted by a Sith. Imagine a massive, sun-powered Star Destroyer being operated with the reflexes of a Sith Lord? That would surely annihilate a good chunk of the GLC alone. With all of their pulled resources, home turf advantage, and potential to create even more super-weapons, I'll back TOR.