The object is not to win...it's to tie

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Typhion

In light of a similar thread about beating a top 10, lets try to create the most even matchups possible. I'll post my 10 fav characters, and you try to stalemate them or 50/50 them. Post your 10 fav characters and we'll try to match them as close as possible.

Rules:

fight either to stalemate death or ko, no BFR.

A match-up with a general consensus imbalance would be a failed match-up.

No alternate versions of the listed characters, or tremendously obvious paralells (thor and BRB stand out to me, or good spock/evil spock scenario)

Morals on for characters and opponents, as well as in character behavior. You can use location to even out an otherwise uneven match-up within reason.

All characters, listed and proposed get 1 hour prep.

My 10 favs:

Batman

Dr. Doom

Punisher

Darkseid

The Shrike

Thor

Gambit

Lex Luthor

Mr Fantastic

Vixen

match em up

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Captain America

Dr fate

Deadshot

Thanos

Don't know the Shrike so?

Beta ray Bill

Deadpool

Vandal Savage

Plastic Man

Beast Boy

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Typhion

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

Captain America

Dr fate

Deadshot

Thanos

Don't know the Shrike so?

Beta ray Bill

Deadpool

Vandal Savage

Plastic Man

Beast Boy

I think Cap wins unless you offset conditions a bit, prolly more than 50/50, but an argument can be made...

Dr. Fate is good, but I'd think Doom would need prep...which he of course would have

3 - agree

4- agree

5- He's a tough one to match, it either owns or gets owned...way outclasses mortals, can be undone by god like beings I'd imagine

6- Can't use BRB lol, it's too easy

7 - I think Vandal wins going away

8 - I was going to argue, but I did specify KO was permissable didn't I?

9 - No way.

10 Not sure, can BB channel multiple animals?

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Typhion: No but Beast Boy has like 5 times the battle experience and gets the added reach of the animal he transforms into. A human with the strength of a gorilla would still be at a disadvantage against a gorilla because of the arm reach. BB can KO her. Change Vandal Savage to Ra's Al Ghul

And come on BRB is PERFECT lol.... I guess Ultron against Strike

Your right Plastic Man would just destroy Mr Incredible so that wouldn't be a stalemate.... hmmm KITTY PRYDE the ULTIMATE STALEMATER

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Typhion

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@Typhion: No but Beast Boy has like 5 times the battle experience and gets the added reach of the animal he transforms into. A human with the strength of a gorilla would still be at a disadvantage against a gorilla because of the arm reach. BB can KO her. Change Vandal Savage to Ra's Al Ghul

And come on BRB is PERFECT lol.... I guess Ultron against Strike

Your right Plastic Man would just destroy Mr Incredible so that wouldn't be a stalemate.... hmmm KITTY PRYDE the ULTIMATE STALEMATER

Concede on beast boy. Given the advantage you mentioned, he might have a slight advantage, but close enough. What feats does he have for going small? That might push him to a clear win.

Should have banned Kitty from the get go. She stalemates Bats, Punisher, Reed, Gambit and Vixen. No Kitty from here on lol.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GhostRider29
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Typhion: he has turned into a germ... thats pretty small

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Void_Paladin
SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SirMethos

It's pretty much impossible to Stalemate the Shrike, with a single character.

He's pretty much a combination of Ultron's physical capabilities, with Zoom's time manipulation, and a little extra.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Typhion

@Void_Paladin said:

@Typhion:

Batman (w/gadgets) vs Cassandra Cain

Dr. Doom Juggernaut

Punisher DCnU Jason Todd

Darkseid Mr. Majestic

The Shrike ???

Thor Clark Kent in character

Gambit Daredevil

Lex Luthor Steven Colbert

Mr Fantastic Sandman

Vixen Cyclops

1- good, she would have been my 2nd choice

2- lolwut?!? If Doom gets 1 year's prep or if juggs is severely de-powered. I hate jugs, as cytorak...yeah

3 - fair

4- would like reasoning

5- Maybe I went a little far with the Shrike. Kinda unknown, and a mary sueish monster if you can't go with godlike beings - Imagine the T1000 from T2, only more durable, and with metron's time traveling abilities, zoom's speed, and the ability to infinitely clone itself...it's a rough match-up.

6 - Thor vs...Clark or Supes....Most fanboys would say Supes blitzes, but I'll call that a stalemate

7 - Good one

8 - not sure if serious

9 - Reed stomps

10 Scott Stomps

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By The_Thunderer

@VercingetorixTheGreat: use thor girl or Superman or SS or Wonder Woman

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Void_Paladin

@Typhion said:

@Void_Paladin said:

@Typhion:

Dr. Doom Juggernaut

Punisher DCnU Jason Todd

Darkseid Mr. Majestic

The Shrike ???

Gambit Daredevil

Mr Fantastic Sandman

Vixen Cyclops

2- lolwut?!? If Doom gets 1 year's prep or if juggs is severely de-powered. I hate jugs, as cytorak...yeah

3 - fair

4- would like reasoning

5- Maybe I went a little far with the Shrike. Kinda unknown, and a mary sueish monster if you can't go with godlike beings - Imagine the T1000 from T2, only more durable, and with metron's time traveling abilities, zoom's speed, and the ability to infinitely clone itself...it's a rough match-up.

6 - Thor vs...Clark or Supes....Most fanboys would say Supes blitzes, but I'll call that a stalemate

7 - Good one

8 - not sure if serious

9 - Reed stomps

10 Scott Stomps

1. Cool

2. Doom can fly and use his shield to block thrown objects. To me, that equals a stalemate.

3. Ok.

4. Darkseid is usually written as physically superior to Clark. Assuming that his Omega Effect doesn't simply wipe him out of existence for the same reason it doesn't wipe out Superman. Given Majestic's advantages over Clark I could see that being debated to a stalemate.

5. Hmm. Maybe a fith dimension imp?

6. I believe that Clark can. However, your post says morals on and in character. It's debatable whether or not Clark will immediately blitz Thor. If he doesn't, Thor has many powerful attacks that seal the deal. To many variables. To be honest, I'm on Clarks side but I think that with the right set-up this could easily be a stalemate.

7. Thanks

8. Assuming Lex isn't on his battle suit.

9. How does Reed stomp without prep?

10. You're probably right. I was half-asleep when I posted. I'll go with Ravager.

Either she'll be overpowered by Vixen's choice of animal, or Ravager will gut her through effective use of her precog.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayfournines

Ultimate Captain America

Dream

Grifter

Metron

Fantomex

Orion

Sebastian Shaw

Tony Stark

Thanos

Animal Man

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By ImmortalOne
Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Typhion

@Void_Paladin said:

@Typhion said:

@Void_Paladin said:

@Typhion:

Dr. Doom Juggernaut

Punisher DCnU Jason Todd

Darkseid Mr. Majestic

The Shrike ???

Gambit Daredevil

Mr Fantastic Sandman

Vixen Cyclops

3 - fair

4- would like reasoning

7 - Good one

8 - not sure if serious

9 - Reed stomps

10 Scott Stomps

1. Cool

2. Doom can fly and use his shield to block thrown objects. To me, that equals a stalemate.

3. Ok.

4. Darkseid is usually written as physically superior to Clark. Assuming that his Omega Effect doesn't simply wipe him out of existence for the same reason it doesn't wipe out Superman. Given Majestic's advantages over Clark I could see that being debated to a stalemate.

5. Hmm. Maybe a fith dimension imp?

6. I believe that Clark can. However, your post says morals on and in character. It's debatable whether or not Clark will immediately blitz Thor. If he doesn't, Thor has many powerful attacks that seal the deal. To many variables. To be honest, I'm on Clarks side but I think that with the right set-up this could easily be a stalemate.

7. Thanks

8. Assuming Lex isn't on his battle suit.

9. How does Reed stomp without prep?

10. You're probably right. I was half-asleep when I posted. I'll go with Ravager.

Either she'll be overpowered by Vixen's choice of animal, or Ravager will gut her through effective use of her precog.

Ravager is a good one for a separate debate. I'd agree. With no prep for either side, it'd be luck of the draw...totally dependent on Vixen's choice and familiarity with the choice.

A fifth dimensioner/reality warper is the only solution I can see for the shrike as well short of massive overkill-call-in-the-Odin-cavalry. The opponent would have to be independent of time but have the option of time manipulation.

I can't help but think that with Reed's intellect, even in a drawn out fight, he works out a way to beat dim-witted sandman over time. Might be a long good fight, but given time, I'd think he'd win more often than not by quick thinking.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ximpossibrux

Deathstroke

Ironman

Daredevil

Frieza

Spawn

Hal Jordan

Blade

Batman

Plastic Man

Beast Boy

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Typhion

@Jayfournines said:

Ultimate Captain America

Dream

Grifter

Metron

Fantomex

Orion

Sebastian Shaw

Tony Stark

Thanos

Animal Man

1 - O.K. Depends on prep I guess, give Bats an hour and its even...less and its not, more and its not.

2 - ????

3 - Close, I'd say Grifter has a slight advantage b/c of some superhuman talents

4 - I suppose, not really Metron's style though. Might be out of character.

5 - Not a chance. Cross fantomex with metron and odds improve

6 - good choice. Worthy of it's own thread if it hasn't been done

7 - because shaw absorbs Gambits bread and butter, he should win every single time

8 - Agree completely. Really similar personalities too...one just crossed the thin line the other hasn't

9. - .....

10 - Pretty sure animal man takes this. He can call in for reinforcements, morph, and access strengths. He's better rounded. If it's post totem Vixen, then we have a better fight.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayfournines

@Typhion: oh come on, Shrike can't do anything against Fantomex's misdirection...or can he?

Also Dream...Morpheus Dream? from Sandman

In regards to Thanos lol I panicked, I couldn't find anyone smarter than Reed other than Doom

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Typhion

@Jayfournines said:

@Typhion: oh come on, Shrike can't do anything against Fantomex's misdirection...or can he?

Also Dream...Morpheus Dream? from Sandman

In regards to Thanos lol I panicked, I couldn't find anyone smarter than Reed other than Doom

Gotcha. Was wondering on Dream.

Not Shrike...The Shrike. The fight would go something like this:

Signal to start:

1. 1 unit of planck time later Fantomex explodes in microscopic droplets of gore.
  2. 2 units of planck time later Shrike kills everyone on earth with an F in their name because it was just 'F's lucky day. (Actually, it could do step 1 and 2 at the same time.)

As for Reed's equal, I'll need to edit to include a standard prep time I think. Thanos definitely wins on even prep though lol.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By renamed040924
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeanroygrant

@nickzambuto: LOL.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Typhion

@nickzambuto said:

Batman - Captain America. I've always thought Bats wins with gear, Cap without, so it evens out.

Dr. Doom - Lex Luthor ;)

Punisher - Solid Snake. H2H or shootout I can see either winning.

Darkseid - I don't really have a favorite who can match Darkseid

The Shrike - Err...

Thor - Goku.

Gambit - Spider-Man?

Lex Luthor - Why Dr. Doom of course!

Mr Fantastic - Iron man

Vixen -

Don't have to be your favs at all. Just need to be good matches. But I'm pretty sure your dunno dog owns Vixen. Rejected. :)

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mad8Baller
@Typhion said:

Batman

Dr. Doom

Punisher

Darkseid

The Shrike

Thor

Gambit

Lex Luthor

Mr Fantastic

Vixen

1. Iceman vs. Batman.  In all normal conditions, Iceman stomps Batman, but I put this here anyways since Batman fanboys are outrageous and unless you put an omega level mutant, Batman has no equal in their mind.
2. Static Shock vs. Dr. Doom.
3. Punisher vs. Deadpool.
4. Darkseid vs. WWH Hulk.
5. Shrike vs. Death.  Creator of life vs. God of death.  Where there is a yin there is a yang.
6. Thor vs. Superman.  Go look at all those Thor vs. Superman threads.  So many people arguing, people just say it is tied.
7. Gambit vs. Ironman with only his normal (no Bleeding edge) suit.
8.  Lex Luthor vs. Brainiac. Forum general opinion is they tie.
9. Mr. Fantastic vs. Freddy Kreugar. 
10. Vixen vs. Wasp.
Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Typhion

@Mad8Baller said:

@Typhion said:

Batman

Dr. Doom

Punisher

Darkseid

The Shrike

Thor

Gambit

Lex Luthor

Mr Fantastic

Vixen

1. Iceman vs. Batman. In all normal conditions, Iceman stomps Batman, but I put this here anyways since Batman fanboys are outrageous and unless you put an omega level mutant, Batman has no equal in their mind.2. Static Shock vs. Dr. Doom. 3. Punisher vs. Deadpool. 4. Darkseid vs. WWH Hulk. 5. Shrike vs. Death. Creator of life vs. God of death. Where there is a yin there is a yang. 6. Thor vs. Superman. Go look at all those Thor vs. Superman threads. So many people arguing, people just say it is tied. 7. Gambit vs. Ironman with only his normal (no Bleeding edge) suit. 8. Lex Luthor vs. Brainiac. Forum general opinion is they tie.9. Mr. Fantastic vs. Freddy Kreugar. 10. Vixen vs. Wasp.

1 With an hour of prep...Batman gets owned all the same, and yes, I'm a fan boy.

2 Feats for Static that make him a peer of an hour prepped Doom? Again fanboy here. I don't see Static as in Doom's League. Doom has taken on some Titan's in the past (yes, with prep...)

3 Since win can be by KO, I'd agree...would be an excellent match

4 Hulk gets erased. Where's what'shisfacedarkseid when you need him. My bold key seems to be broken....

5 The Shrike and Death both seem to be Yang for me...one is suffering, one is death. Though the Shrike has sorta kinda acted for good as well. This one's feasible. At the very least death can't be killed by universal imperitive and that's pretty much all the Shrike does...perfect stalemate - well done.

6 Do I have to look at another Thor/Supes thread? Plus the boy scout's fan club is pretty sure it's totally one sided

7 People are coming up with some great ones for Gambit

8 I'd think Lex would need more prep

9 In dreamworld Freddy owns all day - in the real...yah, Freddy will have trouble, but he's dang hard to kill. Conceded

10 - I think it's close, but Vixen more often than not. No energy attacks, but tons of options.

Ricky_Gervais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ricky_Gervais

Darkseid><Galactus