#1 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

The Necrons:

Vs

The Imperium (Pre-Heresy):

Conditions:

  • Pre-Heresy Imperium includes all the Primarchs, the God Emperor and anyone else who was there pre-Heresy is present for the Imperium
  • The Necrons are current

Location:

#2 Posted by The_Timely_Assassin (133 posts) - - Show Bio

If united and awakened, the Necrons utterly crush the Imperium and use the Dolmen gates to force their way into the Emperor's attempt to access the webway and throw a fully formed C'tan at the Emperor; killing him and throwing the Imperium into disarray while the unliving legions storm through world after world, blasting apart the fleets of humanity with contemptuous ease. The mass awakening of the Necrons and the Arrival of the Tyranids are the main reasons why the current period of 40k is called "The time of ending." Because there is no future for the Imperium, only death.

#3 Edited by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Timely_Assassin: I will throw out there that a single Primarch beat down a C'tan. Fulgrim even tore the head of an Eldar Avatar unarmed. Primarchs are very big powerhouses. Pre-Heresy Imperium is not the same as current Imperium.

#4 Posted by The_Timely_Assassin (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@The_Timely_Assassin: I will throw out there that a single Primarch beat down a C'tan. Fulgrim even tore the head of an Eldar Avatar unarmed. Primarchs are very big powerhouses.

A mere shard of the Void Dragon stalemated the emperor until he exploited a chink in it's armor created by repeated bombardment by multiple blackstone fortresses. A fully formed void dragon would stomp the Emperor.

#5 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo the Imperium here stands a good chance, not saying they defo win but they do stand a very good chance here due to the era.

First off all the Legions will be not only be at their best but moral wise with the Primarchs & Emperor there it would be as tho they were on a Super Strong long lasting dose of Steroids 24/7.

Then add the other factions Assassins/Imperial Guards etc etc & imo without the threat of Chaos in the Air the Necrons will be hard pressed to Divide & scatter this Imperium force.

#6 Edited by Agent_California (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

Imo the Imperium here stands a good chance, not saying they defo win but they do stand a very good chance here due to the era.

First off all the Legions will be not only be at their best but moral wise with the Primarchs & Emperor there it would be as tho they were on a Super Strong long lasting dose of Steroids 24/7.

Then add the other factions Assassins/Imperial Guards etc etc & imo without the threat of Chaos in the Air the Necrons will be hard pressed to Divide & scatter this Imperium force.

Until the Necrons activate a million world engines and the full extent of their fleet and steamroll the Imperial Navy and glass humanity from orbit. Or have a giant force pop out from behind the Golden throne to ambush and kill the Emperor with a fully formed C'tan.

#7 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

But the OP does state current Necrons.So its safe to say the Imperium wont be out numbered 100 to 1.

But theres still the matter of the Emperor, Primarchs & the Space Marines for starters.

United Imperium is a scary thought, imo just as Scary as the present Necron force.

#8 Posted by The Red Menace (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

But the OP does state current Necrons.So its safe to say the Imperium wont be out numbered 100 to 1.

But theres still the matter of the Emperor, Primarchs & the Space Marines for starters.

United Imperium is a scary thought, imo just as Scary as the present Necron force.

A tiny shard of the Void Dragon stalemated the Emperor at his peak. Imagine what a fully formed C'tan would do.

#9 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Could u please let me know if the present Necrons in this scenario are going into combat with the Void Dragon?

Because at the mo my main argument is for a United Imperium Pre-Heresy V Current Necrons (No Void Dragon).

#10 Posted by Agent_California (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

Could u please let me know if the present Necrons in this scenario are going into combat with the Void Dragon?

Because at the mo my main argument is for a United Imperium Pre-Heresy V Current Necrons (No Void Dragon).

The necrons are capable of reforming the C'tan if they want to, they just know that it's something only done in desperation because the C'tan are hella pissed at the crons for sharding them.

#11 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats why imo the Necrons should/will be fighting in this encounter at current levels.

Imo they dont need the Void Dragon/C`tan for this encounter to make it an even match.Then again i could be wrong :)

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Timely_Assassin said:

@Strider92 said:

@The_Timely_Assassin: I will throw out there that a single Primarch beat down a C'tan. Fulgrim even tore the head of an Eldar Avatar unarmed. Primarchs are very big powerhouses.

A mere shard of the Void Dragon stalemated the emperor until he exploited a chink in it's armor created by repeated bombardment by multiple blackstone fortresses. A fully formed void dragon would stomp the Emperor.

This is untrue actaully. Its never been stated if the Void Dragon was broken down nor the Outsider. Also the emperor has shown Time Stopping and Solar System Busting feats. Way higher than a C'tan Shard which is barely Planet Level in power.

@Agent_California said:

@Chaos Prime said:

Imo the Imperium here stands a good chance, not saying they defo win but they do stand a very good chance here due to the era.

First off all the Legions will be not only be at their best but moral wise with the Primarchs & Emperor there it would be as tho they were on a Super Strong long lasting dose of Steroids 24/7.

Then add the other factions Assassins/Imperial Guards etc etc & imo without the threat of Chaos in the Air the Necrons will be hard pressed to Divide & scatter this Imperium force.

Until the Necrons activate a million world engines and the full extent of their fleet and steamroll the Imperial Navy and glass humanity from orbit. Or have a giant force pop out from behind the Golden throne to ambush and kill the Emperor with a fully formed C'tan.

Truth is the Fleets back then were more powerful as well. They had Ships pumping out of the Docks that were more Higher in power and function than MK 40 Imperium. All the best Ships are the ones from Great Crusade. Many Ships cannot be made anymore in MK 40 either as they were in MK 32.

Also the likes of the Emperor and Magnus the Red have proven feats to wipe out 20 World Engines at once via Warp Storms and Void Attacks.

also there is no proof the Necs can produce 100 World Engines. They so far showed one and it was taken out by 1 Battle Barge Ramming it and 100 Marines onboard planting Melta Bombs. So not hard to beat when the same Strategy can be repeated a hundred times over.

@Agent_California said:

@Chaos Prime said:

Could u please let me know if the present Necrons in this scenario are going into combat with the Void Dragon?

Because at the mo my main argument is for a United Imperium Pre-Heresy V Current Necrons (No Void Dragon).

The necrons are capable of reforming the C'tan if they want to, they just know that it's something only done in desperation because the C'tan are hella pissed at the crons for sharding them.

I pit the Emperor and Magnus the Red against any Void Dragon base on feats.

Break Down

The Imperium back then had 250,000 Ultramarines alone. 100,000 Word Bearers. Other Legions were 60,000-80,000 in strength with the Smallest being Emperors Children at 5,000 and Thousand Sons at less than 2,000.

Point is the Space Marines number around 1,340,000 Marines (rounded up by the thousand).

That is alot of Space Marines. I have seen 200 space Marines beat a entire Tomb World. A mere 100 beat a entire World Engine.

That is not including Admech forces or the better arm and equip Imperial Army. Imperium Tech back then was also better. They had the knowledge to produce new and accurate Teleporters as well Anti Grav Vehicles.

Tech decline after the Horus Heresy. So Imperium be at peak tech as well.

Conclusion

Imperium Steam rolls the Necs.

#13 Posted by Agent_California (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 :

Matt Ward said ALL of the C'tan were sharded, no exceptions. It's stupid but hey, it's Matt Ward. And he may be writing the next Ork Codex.

FML.

#14 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Agent_California said:

@CadenceV2 :

Matt Ward said ALL of the C'tan were sharded, no exceptions. It's stupid but hey, it's Matt Ward. And he may be writing the next Ork Codex.

FML.

He can say whatever he want cause he is wrong. the Outsider wasnt sharded. Proof right there.

Also there is no way to know how easy the Emperor beaten the suppose Shard, which has been suggested as the full C'Tan in Horus Heresy Book Mechanicum.

So Matt Ward claim has little bearing with the conflicted fluff. It could had been a off hand comment. Fact is this fluff is still Cannon.

#15 Posted by Agent_California (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Agent_California said:

@CadenceV2 :

Matt Ward said ALL of the C'tan were sharded, no exceptions. It's stupid but hey, it's Matt Ward. And he may be writing the next Ork Codex.

FML.

He can say whatever he want cause he is wrong. the Outsider wasnt sharded. Proof right there.

Also there is no way to know how easy the Emperor beaten the suppose Shard, which has been suggested as the full C'Tan in Horus Heresy Book Mechanicum.

So Matt Ward claim has little bearing with the conflicted fluff. It could had been a off hand comment. Fact is this fluff is still Cannon.

Let us pray he doesn't write the next Ork codex. He said he didn't like the Orcs and Goblins in fantasy and thus gave them a bland and boring codex. Actually praying that he gets fired would be better but the gods of luck are rarely so generous.

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Agent_California said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Agent_California said:

@CadenceV2 :

Matt Ward said ALL of the C'tan were sharded, no exceptions. It's stupid but hey, it's Matt Ward. And he may be writing the next Ork Codex.

FML.

He can say whatever he want cause he is wrong. the Outsider wasnt sharded. Proof right there.

Also there is no way to know how easy the Emperor beaten the suppose Shard, which has been suggested as the full C'Tan in Horus Heresy Book Mechanicum.

So Matt Ward claim has little bearing with the conflicted fluff. It could had been a off hand comment. Fact is this fluff is still Cannon.

Let us pray he doesn't write the next Ork codex. He said he didn't like the Orcs and Goblins in fantasy and thus gave them a bland and boring codex. Actually praying that he gets fired would be better but the gods of luck are rarely so generous.

He is a overrated and over the top douche bag. I hope he gets offed. I like Phil Kelly better for Codexe Rules and Dan Abnet for Fluff.

#17 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Agent_California said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Agent_California said:

@CadenceV2 :

Matt Ward said ALL of the C'tan were sharded, no exceptions. It's stupid but hey, it's Matt Ward. And he may be writing the next Ork Codex.

FML.

He can say whatever he want cause he is wrong. the Outsider wasnt sharded. Proof right there.

Also there is no way to know how easy the Emperor beaten the suppose Shard, which has been suggested as the full C'Tan in Horus Heresy Book Mechanicum.

So Matt Ward claim has little bearing with the conflicted fluff. It could had been a off hand comment. Fact is this fluff is still Cannon.

Let us pray he doesn't write the next Ork codex. He said he didn't like the Orcs and Goblins in fantasy and thus gave them a bland and boring codex. Actually praying that he gets fired would be better but the gods of luck are rarely so generous.

He is a overrated and over the top douche bag. I hope he gets offed. I like Phil Kelly better for Codexe Rules and Dan Abnet for Fluff.

Kaldor Draigo, that is all.

#18 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Orks United written by Matt Ward, that would be the headline news Lol

#19 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason the Necrons haven't raped major factions completely yet is writing and the refusal of allowing them to completely wake up.

A fully assembled Necron faction against the Imperium even with the Emperor is still a clear necron win.

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt Ward is the Bendis of WH40K

#21 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Matt Ward is the Bendis Jeph Loeb of WH40K

Fixed.

Kaldor Draigo is an awful lot like early Rulk in terms of ridiculousness.

#22 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vrakmul said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Matt Ward is the Bendis Jeph Loeb of WH40K

Fixed.

Kaldor Draigo is an awful lot like early Rulk in terms of ridiculousness.

Agreed. Draigo was more like Rulk with Loeb Force.

#23 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 :

They had better retcon some of the dumber crap that happened in his fluff. Defeating the best bloodthirsters of Khorne in the warp? Solving and smashing Tzeentch's impossible maze that literally cannot exist in a euclidean geometry set? Resisting and then slaying the handmaidens of slaanesh who can cause anyone no matter how iron willed to submit with a glance? Not catching space syphilis from burning Nurgle's garden? Defeating the freaking Daemon Primarch MORTARION in single combat and LITERALLY CARVING THE NAME OF THE LAST GREY KNIGHT SUPREME GRANDMASTER INTO HIS HEART WITH A GIANT SWORD!?!!?!

It's beyond stupid.

#24 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vrakmul: That last really urks me to no end. Thats like Green Arrow stabbing Superman in the face with a Arrow and winning.

#25 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Vrakmul: That last really urks me to no end. Thats like Green Arrow stabbing Superman in the face with a Arrow and winning.

Also, have you tried to carve anything with a sword? It's not doable. Heck you can barely manage legible penmanship with a KNIFE. How are you supposed to write with a GIANT SWORD!?!

#26 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vrakmul: lol