The Most Powerful Army in Fiction?

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyranids

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway: So they are above Lotr orcs? :D

The amazons or the American army

Amazons were nearly wiped out by Apokolips army.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The galactic empire, they got a moon sized ship who is capable of blowing up planets with a laser beam and millions of troops along with huge robotic walker vehicles and thousands of small but dangerous starships and super skilled bounty hunters along with powerful sith lords

NuclearRebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say the BORG. Resistance is futile. Seriously though, their way of fighting, by just assimilating everything, taking everyone's tech and whatnot.... When not jobbing and taken as a whole, they're ruthless.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skynet/Transformers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe third army

I didn't think of this at first, but it's actually a good one. Didn't they like bridge the distance from the ground to outer space with their bodies to spread to other planets? On top of that, their only weaknesses are white lantern light and their eyes.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Obtrusive

zergs?

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

40K, Imperial Guard.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: how well would someone like superman do against that entire army?

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Ghost Rider Army.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By traskindustries

40K, Imperial Guard.

@nightway said:

Warhammer 40k Orks. They highly, highly outnumber humankind who are easily in the hundred trillions. They have filled up entire galaxies. The only reason they haven't dominated the entire known universe is because they don't work well together and live in seperate tribes. When they gather together for a genocide, called a "WRAAAGH!!!"(yes, that's literally the name.) they have wiped entire solar systems clean and infest so deeply into a planet only an Exterminatus(planetary life wipe) can get rid of them. When they gather together their crude weapons should not work, but they have a psychic field that makes their weapons work how they expect them to. So they could make a gun out of scrap and it would work. They'll eat anything, even each other. They survive nearly anywhere. They are like the itch you can't scratch for the Imperium of Man.

Supreme Commander armies would shit on orks, nids, and the Imperium at the same time. And its not a "WRAAAAGH", its a "WAAAAAGH".

traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By traskindustries

@misterwhisper said:

40K, Imperial Guard.

@traskindustries said:

@misterwhisper said:

40K, Imperial Guard.

@nightway said:

Warhammer 40k Orks. They highly, highly outnumber humankind who are easily in the hundred trillions. They have filled up entire galaxies. The only reason they haven't dominated the entire known universe is because they don't work well together and live in seperate tribes. When they gather together for a genocide, called a "WRAAAGH!!!"(yes, that's literally the name.) they have wiped entire solar systems clean and infest so deeply into a planet only an Exterminatus(planetary life wipe) can get rid of them. When they gather together their crude weapons should not work, but they have a psychic field that makes their weapons work how they expect them to. So they could make a gun out of scrap and it would work. They'll eat anything, even each other. They survive nearly anywhere. They are like the itch you can't scratch for the Imperium of Man.

Supreme Commander armies would shit on orks, nids, and the Imperium at the same time. And its not a "WRAAAAGH", its a "WAAAGH!". And they don't gather together, they are forced together, unified under a particularly strong and brutal ork (warboss)

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Warhammer 40k Orks and Tyranids are both REALLY high on this list. Orks are hard to explain but Tyranids are like Zergs on radioactive steroids.

-Daleks at their height, There mere fact they can take on the time lords is a testament to how strong they are

-Planet Trade Organisation from dragonball z, a lot of their senior officers are planet busters and they have possibly more mooks than some of the warhammer 40k races(Frezia rules multiple galaxies)

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@traskindustries: I'm kind of rusty with 40K. I remember having a battle table, but I foolishly sold it...At least I still have Space Marine, DoW, and Kill Team

Back on topic, Orks are still tough mother-mothers you don't want to mess with.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17 said:

@spinnercomix: why not?

• Must be an actual army. Not a group, not a small brigade of people, not a guerrilla warfare army
  • Has to be a big army. BIG
  • The leader of the army is not included in this.
  • The army has to be able to hold their own, without a leader
  • Soldiers must all be generally the same. (So no Justice League, or Avengers or anything like that)

That group breaks most of those rules.

• Basically just a small brigade
  • Not big
  • I don't know who the leader is, so I guess you didn't break this one
  • Same as one above this
  • Soldiers are obviously not the same. They are all different, and I assume are dynamic characters by themselves

Next time, read the rules and think about what you're posting

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@misterwhisper: how well would someone like superman do against that entire army?

Against the normal grunts, he could do well for a while. Against many of them with an actual name, or heaven forbid chapter heads, he dies, and fast.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: No, but from what you've shown me, it's just a small brigade

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

War in Heaven Necrons

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinnercomix: Those are part of the Regular Army, a worldwide army. They are basically the same character, same abilities, same game play. But 8 of them can destroys alien/robot/terrorist armies by themselves. I would say that they are more equal within each other them the black lanterns but those 8 are much better than the Regular Army standard soldiers, anyway, they are part from special divisions, so they are equal to everybody in their division.

It's your thread, I won't bother.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: Alright, thanks for elaborating. Sorry if I sounded rude

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian army.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Rpgesus

Perhaps the New Genesian Guard (New 52). They had at least 6,000 beings who could fodderize armies of GL's (and assorted other Lantern groups) with ease. Then they have the Life Equation Effecties who also joined, and one made Hal, Kilowag, and like 4 other upper-ranks look like fools. Then they have Orion (literally steamrolled Mogo, Hal, Sinestro, Indigo 1, and multiple Old Gods). They also have Lightray (blitzed and shut down the Rings of like 30 Lantern's, and near Wally-level speed). They also have Hyalt (casual Planet Buster, and can build weapons to bring down the Gods), Bekka (fodderized Sinstro Lanterns, Sinestro, Hal, an army of Indigo's and GL's, ect), and like 5 other generals who are around this power-level. Then that Army is headed by Highfather (brought down many Gaurdians, laughed off Parallax, nearly killed WL Kyle, reality warped at a galactic scale, and more). That Army is basically unbeatable.

@misterwhisper how would this army do against them?

traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By traskindustries

@decaf_wizard said:

-Warhammer 40k Orks and Tyranids are both REALLY high on this list. Orks are hard to explain but Tyranids are like Zergs on radioactive steroids.

They are, but like I said, SupCom armies would shit on both the nids and the orks at the same time in this scenario. Orks are a type of fungus, with dakka and hilarious shenanigans.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Annihilation Wave. This is the army that made the combined forces of all the Heralds, Nova Prime, the Nova Corps, Blastaar, Gamora, Ronan, Star-Lord, Super Skrull, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Moon Dragon, Drax, Phyla-Vel, and an entire army of the combined forces of the cosmic universe too weak to take them head on.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

pern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By pern

@etheral_dreams said:

I forgot what series it was, but I once read a series where there was an infinite army of nigh-omnipotent gods, each capable of destroying several multiverses.

Sounds like Dies Irae.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pern: That's the one. It's a VN (visual novel) right? I didn't like the series but the characters were OP.

pern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways I'm going with Lucifer's army from SMT.

Loading Video...

The army should be on par with the leader, who destroyed the embodiment of the infinite multiverse and all of creation with his bare hands. When Kagutsuchi died, all of creation collapsed, destroying all of existence, leaving nothing behind except for Lucifer's army. Lucifer's army was able to tank the collapse of creation and is perfectly fine in non existence.

Nalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necromongers!

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SpinnerComix

BUMP

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinnercomix:

Daleks (Dr. Who)

Ghost army (LOTR)

Golden Army (Hellboy II)

Replicators (Star gate)

Likely the most unkillable armies, and possibly most dangerous

Jimmydean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Jimmydean

batman with prep

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Thekillerklok

@vashtanerada88 said:

@spinnercomix:

Daleks (Dr. Who)

Ghost army (LOTR) -1 internets

Golden Army (Hellboy II)

Replicators (Star gate)

Likely the most unkillable armies, and possibly most dangerous

See bold for my childhood nightmares incarnate.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit, I was gonna say the Ghost Army from LoTR but I was beaten to it. Oh well......ummmmm, does the Annihilation Wave count?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway said:
No Caption Provided

IMO. Warhammer 40K Chaos. they have no real way to lose as the chaos Gods keep their own army being dealt with, and the amry has reality warping and even time traveling benefits.

They also wiped out a Ork Waaagh, enslave the souls, then raise them from the dead over and over again to beat to death again and again for Khorn lol.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Well yeah. I was trying to think of the biggest army I could, from one of the most basses scI-fi franchises ever.

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Milk for the Khorne flakes!

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok:

yeah those little terrors almost wiped out the Asgard race in Star Gate! (Just recently restarted watching the series). They've always creped me out too though.. But defiantly amongst the most dangerous considering they will just break down EVERYTHING they eat, just to recreate many more, and their way more sentient then just being drones. Not to mention their immune to all energy attacks and conventional weapons only work if the material the replicator is made from is susceptible to gunfire. i.e. weaker metals (that's why they don't really bother with earth, our tech is too low grade for them to take interest in using)

Avatar image for lightenupwillya
LightenUpWillYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: I have never seen daleks do anything impressive. I have no idea why Doctor finds them dangerous.

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps the New Genesian Guard (New 52). They had at least 6,000 beings who could fodderize armies of GL's (and assorted other Lantern groups) with ease. Then they have the Life Equation Effecties who also joined, and one made Hal, Kilowag, and like 4 other upper-ranks look like fools. Then they have Orion (literally steamrolled Mogo, Hal, Sinestro, Indigo 1, and multiple Old Gods). They also have Lightray (blitzed and shut down the Rings of like 30 Lantern's, and near Wally-level speed). They also have Hyalt (casual Planet Buster, and can build weapons to bring down the Gods), Bekka (fodderized Sinstro Lanterns, Sinestro, Hal, an army of Indigo's and GL's, ect), and like 5 other generals who are around this power-level. Then that Army is headed by Highfather (brought down many Gaurdians, laughed off Parallax, nearly killed WL Kyle, reality warped at a galactic scale, and more). That Army is basically unbeatable.

I'd also consider Monarch's Army and Nekron's Forces big contenders.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightenupwillya:

because the new versions can fly on top of their near impervious shell and death ray. And their death ray actually lives up to its name, its not just a title, it has shown to literally one shot everything. And there shell has taken heavy arms fire without so much as a scratch. O, and they have no trouble using the same shell as a space ship. And their tech is so advanced they once covertly stole 26 planets without anyone realizing and hid them outside of time, Even the people on earth didn't realize we've been moved until noticing the constellations were different. And that's of the top of my head...but they have done some pretty impressive feats.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with this is that races don't count; So daleks, Celestials and stuff don't count.

Heavenly lost from Diablo maybe?

Tyrandis.

Primordium Flood.

The Culture.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: RULES

• Must be an actual army. Not a group, not a small brigade of people, not a guerrilla warfare army
  • Has to be a big army. BIG
  • The leader of the army is not included in this.
  • The army has to be able to hold their own, without a leader
  • Soldiers must all be generally the same. (So no Justice League, or Avengers or anything like that

just because their a race means they don't count?? you lost me... How? The Daleks have an Army, their raceisn't an army they have leaders...EXPLAIN!! EXPLAIN!!!*spoken like a Dalek* =p