The Most Dangerous Tournament: Fetts/NickD vs Sherlock/Esquire

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

First match of Comic Vine's newest tournament, based around the famous story, "The Most Dangerous Game."

Here's how it works. Pretty simple really, to anyone who's read the book. First things first, our power players in this match.

Fetts/NickD

Boba Fett -EE-3 carbine blaster, mini-concussion rocket launcher, jetpack (no flight), wrist cord, and helmet (including gas filters, oxygen supply, and audio filters), concentrated deeb spray, Sniper blaster, Blaster pistol, Dur-24 wrist laser, Thermal detonators, and as if he doesn't have enough... Stun dart launcher

Owlman -Razorangs, Smoke pellets, smokerangs, and his owl disc

Here's how it breaks down. Boba Fett and Owlman, after confessing their duel love for each other, have decided to move out to a remote island to continue their love affair.

Enter team Sherquire.

Esquire/Sherlock

Connor Hawke (Bow and Arrows)

Constantine Drakon (Silenced Pistol)

Kraven (Poisoned Spear)

Claire Stanfield (Handgun)

Cue Connor Hawke, Constantine Drakon, Kraven the Hunter, and Claire Stanfield.

Kraven, hearing rumors of this famous island housing rare and ferocious animals, has come to check it out. Drakon was hired alongside Claire by a mysterious proprietor to assassinate the hunter, with Connor hot on their trail to stop them.

Some would say fate has brought these four together.

Those people are wrong.

Something much more simple than fate has decided these four men shall come together on this island.

And that, is the will of the hunt.

Time: 12:34 A.M. Day: Unknown.

Boba Fett and Owlman prowl through the jungle. 5 miles away, Kraven, Claire, Drakon, and Connor have joined forces to pursue a common goal.

Survival.

Armed with only the bare essentials: An empty canteen, a box of crackers, standard military fatigues, a survival knife, and whatever one weapon they decided to bring with them, these four are up against a futuristic space bounty hunter armed to the teeth, and his owl-based Batman wannabe lover.

Who shall come out victorious?

Rules:

Everyone is in character (internal squabbles may arrise, but everyone is deadset on working together to survive)

Jungle is 10 miles in diameter

Opposing forces do not know the location of their opponent

Win is determined by death. Nothing more.

Happy?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nickthedevil

Dafuq?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By renamed040924

@nickthedevil said:

Dafuq?

I tried to insert some humor. It's pretty simple; you hunt them down, they try to survive.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fetts

Here's how it breaks down. Boba Fett and Owlman, after confessing their duel love for each other, have decided to move out to a remote island to continue their love affair.

NO. Just NO. 
No Caption Provided
 The F@$% with that. You wish Boba or Owlman was gay. 
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Esquire

@nickzambuto: So we don't get all of the stuff from the original thread's OP, e.g. a knife? Do characters have knowledge of each other? Is the jungle inhabited by anything besides our characters?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924

@Fetts said:

NO. Just NO.
No Caption Provided

@Esquire said:

@nickzambuto: So we don't get all of the stuff from the original thread's OP, e.g. a knife? Do characters have knowledge of each other? Is the jungle inhabited by anything besides our characters?

A knife is listed in the OP.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Esquire

@nickzambuto said:

@Esquire said:

A knife is listed in the OP.

If you didn't edit that in, I feel a little foolish. But it's there know, regardless, so I'm happy. I'll try to get a quick strategy up in the next couple of hours.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By renamed040924

@nickzambuto said:

*waits*

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fetts
@nickzambuto: Nickd and I are discussing are strategy via PM.
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By renamed040924

@Fetts said:

@nickzambuto: Nickd and I are discussing are strategy via PM.

Alright, that's good. Just making sure you didn't forget.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sherlock

Ya know with all the waiting we had to do this seems fully justified to me

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fetts
@Sherlock said:

Ya know with all the waiting we had to do this seems fully justified to me

Lol. 

I'll start. 

The first thing Boba will do is set up a trap. This will be accomplished with his jetpack. Now the rules state that there are to be no explosives with a higher blast radius of a grenade. Fortunately, a jetpack is not an explosive and is not subject to those rules. So he'll place the jetpack in an area not too open. If he places it in a wide open area, the opposition might realize it'd be a perfect place to set up a trap. So nothing too open.  

Then, to divert any suspicion of the jetpack being some type of a trap, we're going to make it look like Owlman and Boba had a quarrel, and plant fake evidence of a fight between the two. Boba will purposely cut himself, spread a fair amount of blood onto a leaf, and flick the blood onto the jetpack on an appropriate spot. To add the effect, Owlman will also spread some of his blood on a razorang and stick it into the ground next to the jetpack.  

Now we know Kraven is a great tracker. If he examines where we have walked around, he might conclude that the scene is set up. So that's why Boba and Owlman are going to set the scene up from the trees. Boba can get up via wrist cord, and Owlman can get up via agility. Before Boba uses his wrist cord, Boba will mark where he was with a rock. Boba will do his job with the jetpack, and hoist it down with his wrist cord, and place it down onto the ground. Then Owlman will throw his bloodied razorang right next to the jetpack. After that, Boba will hoist himself down, throw the rock away while hanging, set himself down a foot in front of where he was and run over the jetpack to lead them on a path. And lastly, Boba will go back up into the trees and wait for them to arrive with Owlman.

So now, we have a legitimate enough crime scene. Once they see the jetpack and decide that something happened here rather than deciding that it's a trap, they'll get in for a closer look.  

What they'll conclude is the following: 
-Boba and Owlman had some type of disagreement. 

-Boba was chased by Owlman. 

-Owlman managed to get him from up high with a razorang. 

-He hit Boba's back, right next to where his jetpack would be. (So the blood will be flicked onto the side and partially on the back of the jetpack.)

-The jetpack was slowing him down and putting stress on his wound so he took it off.

They'll also probably check to see how long ago the incident happened by tasting the blood or touching the footprints or whatever. So they have multiple reasons to get close to the jetpack. Once their curiosity leads them close enough to the jetpack, Boba will shoot the missile on the jetpack with his sniper blaster. The combined explosion of the missile (subject to the rules) and the jetpack (not subject to the rules) will create one large boom. This will kill at least most of them. For whoever is left, they're hurting like hell, weak, deaf, sloppy, and easy to dispose of. 

Now I'm going to assume that Team Sherlock/Esquire is going to stick together and thus the explosion will effect the entire team. If they split up, it'd be easier for Boba and Owlman to take on one or two of them at a time. Imo, their best bet is strength in numbers. 

However, if they do indeed split up the team, and only one or two discover the jetpack, explosions will bring people running. They'll discover one or more dead bodies and be on the lookout. To avoid the possibility of being spotted, Boba will pull back to a farther distance and Owlman will use his stealth to hide behind a tree. Owlman has enhanced senses so he'll know when the rest appear. Once they do appear, at the best possible moment, Owlman will flank them with his weapons and some nerve strikes. If need be, Boba will give some sniper assistance as well. 

I'd also like to express that we'll know where your team is. Owlman has enhanced senses and will be able to sniff where you guys are. And both Boba and Owlman have enhanced hearing, so they'll be able to hear any conversation your team has. 

@Sherlock@Esquire: Your move.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sherlock

@Fetts: For starters

Explosive Noun,

A substance that can be made to explode, esp. any of those used in bombs or shells.

A jetpack fits that characteristic sorry

Next As stated in the OP by Mr Zambuto himself,super senses are illegal as well as sensory and tracking technology.If they werent neither Owl Man or Boba could top Kraven in that Department anyway.His senses are very high grade even before his power up.Add to that his hunting and tracking skills and he is truly unmatchable in this.Alas he doesnt get his super senses.

@Fetts said:

The first thing Boba will do is set up a trap. This will be accomplished with his jetpack. Now the rules state that there are to be no explosives with a higher blast radius of a grenade. Fortunately, a jetpack is not an explosive and is not subject to those rules. So he'll place the jetpack in an area not too open. If he places it in a wide open area, the opposition might realize it'd be a perfect place to set up a trap. So nothing too open.

Selecting a spot in and of itself is a dead giveaway.I already covered the jetpack.

Then, to divert any suspicion of the jetpack being some type of a trap, we're going to make it look like Owlman and Boba had a quarrel, and plant fake evidence of a fight between the two. Boba will purposely cut himself, spread a fair amount of blood onto a leaf, and flick the blood onto the jetpack on an appropriate spot. To add the effect, Owlman will also spread some of his blood on a razorang and stick it into the ground next to the jetpack.

Blood trails are also not that easy to stage.Any hunter or tracker (Myself included) would know that the blood is unrealistic the moment they see it.

Now we know Kraven is a great tracker. If he examines where we have walked around, he might conclude that the scene is set up. So that's why Boba and Owlman are going to set the scene up from the trees. Boba can get up via wrist cord, and Owlman can get up via agility. Before Boba uses his wrist cord, Boba will mark where he was with a rock. Boba will do his job with the jetpack, and hoist it down with his wrist cord, and place it down onto the ground. Then Owlman will throw his bloodied razorang right next to the jetpack. After that, Boba will hoist himself down, throw the rock away while hanging, set himself down a foot in front of where he was and run over the jetpack to lead them on a path. And lastly, Boba will go back up into the trees and wait for them to arrive with Owlman.

This will take a great deal of time and effort.There are also inconsistencies in this portion.

First of all taking to the trees will not leave a normal walking gait.It will leave a jumping or standing one.Another thing Kraven will notice right off the bat.

Dropping down will also leave different marks.Getting hoisted up into a tree and then dropping down a foot away is not a trail.Any half wit tracker would notice that one

Further down in your post is how my team should see the scenario play out.

-Boba and Owlman had some type of disagreement.

-Boba was chased by Owlman.

-Owlman managed to get him from up high with a razorang.This right here for starters.If Boba got hit then the blood will not be on one solitary leaf.Even if you meant multiple leaves thats inconsistent.As you are running away with a shoulder wound the blood will not splatter in one area

-He hit Boba's back, right next to where his jetpack would be. (So the blood will be flicked onto the side and partially on the back of the jetpack.) So he stuck him with it then?Why would the weapon be on the ground at this point?You said earlier that it would be stuck in the ground next to the jetpack.This makes no sense for the scenario.And again Kraven will get that

-The jetpack was slowing him down and putting stress on his wound so he took it off.Throwing the jetpack will also leave clear marks.Marks that dropping it on the ground will not leave

They'll also probably check to see how long ago the incident happened by tasting the blood or touching the footprints or whatever. So they have multiple reasons to get close to the jetpack. Once their curiosity leads them close enough to the jetpack, Boba will shoot the missile on the jetpack with his sniper blaster. The combined explosion of the missile (subject to the rules) and the jetpack (not subject to the rules) will create one large boom. This will kill at least most of them. For whoever is left, they're hurting like hell, weak, deaf, sloppy, and easy to dispose of.

This is just funny.Taste the blood?LMFAO thats hilarious!Also touching the foot prints will only damage them.An experienced tracker can usually tell just by looking how old the trail is

However, if they do indeed split up the team, and only one or two discover the jetpack, explosions will bring people running. They'll discover one or more dead bodies and be on the lookout. To avoid the possibility of being spotted, Boba will pull back to a farther distance and Owlman will use his stealth to hide behind a tree. Owlman has enhanced senses so he'll know when the rest appear. Once they do appear, at the best possible moment, Owlman will flank them with his weapons and some nerve strikes. If need be, Boba will give some sniper assistance as well.

I'd also like to express that we'll know where your team is. Owlman has enhanced senses and will be able to sniff where you guys are. And both Boba and Owlman have enhanced hearing, so they'll be able to hear any conversation your team has.

@Sherlock: @Esquire: Your move.

We havnt covered if we are going to split up yet.I assume that we will be together though due to the survival part of this everyone will need Kraven.

Id also like to point out that Kraven has better senses than Owlman and Boba as well as wilderness and hunting experience.So if super senses were allowed he would have them beat anyway.

Oh and if you dont know what a gait is.Its more or less a manner of moving such as walking running or sprinting.All of these will leave very different foot trails.Try walking and running though something like sand.You can see the difference in the print itself as well as the stride length for some basic comparisons.

And finally a recommendation.You may want to rethink your strategy.I spent nine months learning all about this stuff and have a character on my team who would know about it as well(So anything i know i can pretty much say Kraven knows).Anything that isnt consistent i will most likely notice and call you out on it

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nickthedevil

damn. I need to get in on this one, apparently.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sherlock

Bump for fetts and nick

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By renamed040924

Y'know, our match is close to finishing up. Feel free to contribute here.

You need to stop joining every single tournament that pops up, while simultaneously having 5 Challenge a Viners up, and also making multiple teams for each tourney. Control yourself!

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fetts
@Sherlock@nickzambuto: Sorry bros. Been busy. I'll try to respond by Friday or Saturday.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fetts

!!! 

Completely forgot to this. Been working on a Skyfall fan-made trailer. Sorry :( 

Ok. I'll do my best to do it tomorrow.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sherlock

Bump due to popular request. All Hail the ReVamp!

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fetts

Ok then. 

Now that I'm reminded that Sherlock is a pro tracker, I realize probably can't get away with making a fake crime scene and using it as a trap. Therefore, I'm going to take his advice and make a new strategy. Though for the record, with their intellect, I'm sure Boba and Owlman could make a convincing crime scene. It's just that I don't have the intellect to make a convincing crime scene and thus, cannot really backup that strategy. 

Alright. So this strategy is going to be somewhat similar to the last one. We're going to catch the team by surprise with an explosion. 

Step 1: Boba will get into a tree and haul up a log with his wrist cord.  

Step 2: Boba will take off his belt, and take out everything in it, save for all the thermal detonators. There shouldn't be too much in his belt. For the most part, his weapons are either slung over his shoulder or can be found in either of his gauntlets. Then he will clip his belt onto the log. 

Step 3: Boba Fett will take his jetpack and use his wrist cord to tie it to the log. 

With the combination of the missile, the jetpack, and the thermal detonators, it should create a massive explosion. 

As soon as the opposing team appears below, Boba will launch his creation. Now some of them may be fast enough to avoid the worst of the explosion and survive. That's where Owlman comes in. Owlman can get down there faster than Boba can. Even if whoever survives the explosion, they'll be weak and sloppy. Owlman shouldn't have too much trouble with them. A combination of his weapons and some nerve strikes should do the trick. And even if he can't beat him/her that easily for whatever reason, Boba can give him sniper support. 

We got this in the bag. 

@Sherlock
@Esquire
Your move. 

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sherlock

@Fetts: Apologies for the wait though you made me wait longer just saying.

@Fetts said:

Ok then.

Now that I'm reminded that Sherlock is a pro tracker, I realize probably can't get away with making a fake crime scene and using it as a trap. Therefore, I'm going to take his advice and make a new strategy. Though for the record, with their intellect, I'm sure Boba and Owlman could make a convincing crime scene. It's just that I don't have the intellect to make a convincing crime scene and thus, cannot really backup that strategy.

Im actually not a pro (I now pros and im not be any means).I just know enough of the basics and can call you out if need be using what Kraven should know about hunting and tracking ;-)

So as a basic strategy for my team (Im assuming that Esquire wont be here since he is biting off more than he can chew as always)

In an area as large as this splitting up will be a faulty move on our part since we only have one tracker.

To start off we will get a read on the area and get an idea of what the terrain should be like.After that Kraven will listen and use the bird alarms to get an idea of which direction to take (A bird alarm FTR is the noises a bird makes when signaling for something.If you listen closely while walking in the woods the birds will chirp considerably more and in different fashion as you walk by them.Birds also listen to each other calling out alarms and will relay the message.These relays can carry for miles)

So yeah a little tracking tutorial there,Kraven will listen for alarms and get an idea of where to go and how far.When we get to where to other team is the alarms will mostly stop especially if the team is in the trees.Birds arent stupid and wont hang around to see what Boba and Owl Man are doing,which will give Kraven a good indicator that they are there and that they are hiding.

On to Fetts strategy.

Alright. So this strategy is going to be somewhat similar to the last one. We're going to catch the team by surprise with an explosion.

Step 2: Boba will take off his belt, and take out everything in it, save for all the thermal detonators. There shouldn't be too much in his belt. For the most part, his weapons are either slung over his shoulder or can be found in either of his gauntlets. Then he will clip his belt onto the log.

Step 3: Boba Fett will take his jetpack and use his wrist cord to tie it to the log.

With the combination of the missile, the jetpack, and the thermal detonators, it should create a massive explosion.

As soon as the opposing team appears below, Boba will launch his creation. Now some of them may be fast enough to avoid the worst of the explosion and survive. That's where Owlman comes in. Owlman can get down there faster than Boba can. Even if whoever survives the explosion, they'll be weak and sloppy. Owlman shouldn't have too much trouble with them. A combination of his weapons and some nerve strikes should do the trick. And even if he can't beat him/her that easily for whatever reason, Boba can give him sniper support.

Now 1 thing im not getting.How will you launch the log with the explosives?Is it tied to the wrist cord kinda like a pendulum?If thats the case whoever launches it will still be within the blast radius if the explosion is that large.

The problems i foresee here are that you will have to wait for my team to be in perfect position to launch the attack.I already went through why my team would be on guard at this point in time so they are going to be expecting an attack.Im not sure about Conor as im not overly savvy with him but i know that Kraven Claire and Drakon will be able to avoid most if not all of the attack.That leaves three people for Owlman to take on at once.

To be honest i dont see any of them getting caught in the explosion.As i said you have to have them in perfect position to make this work and they are going to be on their guard.Chances are the ones that can will scour the tree for your team.If they find you team lets face it your team has no chance in a h2h confrontation even with added gear

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nickthedevil

@Sherlock said:

If they find you team lets face it your team has no chance in a h2h confrontation even with added gear

That's if your team finds mine. Owlman is easily the smartest man in the thread, figuring out Physics and the laws of parallel Earths Antimatter against Positive Matter, with no prior knowledge of what was going on. The answer being: His enhanced Neural cortex. This also gives him the added super senses (I.E. Hearing and smell). And how does Owlman not handle anyone on your team? Having easily matched both Batman and Nightwing (But he only matched with Nightwing because said hero got the drop on him). He had sufficient reflexes to both deck, and incapacitate Johnny Quick, and Pwning Major Disaster.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Esquire

@Sherlock said:

So as a basic strategy for my team (Im assuming that Esquire wont be here since he is biting off more than he can chew as always)

Lol, I've had to quarantine myself from visiting Challenge a Viner.

@Sherlock said:

The problems i foresee here are that you will have to wait for my team to be in perfect position to launch the attack.I already went through why my team would be on guard at this point in time so they are going to be expecting an attack.Im not sure about Conor as im not overly savvy with him but i know that Kraven Claire and Drakon will be able to avoid most if not all of the attack.That leaves three people for Owlman to take on at once.

Okay, so the way I see our team going about this is as follows. Kraven in the lead, as he's the tracker, and will want to have any signed unobstructed. Then will come Claire and Drakon, followed by Connor since he's our most potent ranged threat. This way, he can give covering fire if we get jumped. Since this is the case, he'll be farthest away when the jetpack gets dropped, which should let him get out of the way. Especially since he's not exactly slow.

He could also shoot the jetpack once it starts to fall, moving it away from my team before it explodes. He's fast enough on the draw to shoot arrows out of the air, so a falling jetpack should be no trouble.

Kraven can run at 60 mph, and Drakon's speed is ridiculous. He catches numerous arrows with ease, throws knives faster than the eye can comprehend the motion, and sliced Roy Harper's throat so fast, Harper didn't know he'd even moved.

@nickthedevil said:

If they find you team lets face it your team has no chance in a h2h confrontation even with added gear

That's if your team finds mine. Owlman is easily the smartest man in the thread, figuring out Physics and the laws of parallel Earths Antimatter against Positive Matter, with no prior knowledge of what was going on. The answer being: His enhanced Neural cortex. This also gives him the added super senses (I.E. Hearing and smell). And how does Owlman not handle anyone on your team? Having easily matched both Batman and Nightwing (But he only matched with Nightwing because said hero got the drop on him). He had sufficient reflexes to both deck, and incapacitate Johnny Quick, and Pwning Major Disaster.

Enhanced senses are illegal, so even though he has them they'll have to be nerfed. Our team can find yours thanks to Kraven's tracking abilities, a luxury which your team doesn't possess, so really our team has become the hunters. At range, Connor, Drakon, and Claire are all very effective, and Kraven can throw his spear if necessary. And in h2h, we can keep up in skill and have the numbers advantage as well.

All of our team has extremely impressive h2h feats. Connor has Taskmaster-style Movement copying, body language reading, and is skilled enough to break Shiva's ribs.

Drakon's speed makes him a formidable opponent on its own, but he's also very skilled. He knows pressure points, and is good enough to beat Connor and Speedy at the same time.

Kraven goes h2h with Spider-Man, despite being physically outclassed, and has very metahuman stats.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fetts
@Sherlock: That's alright. It's only fair :) 

@nickthedevil@Esquire: I'll try to have a response by tomorrow. If not, Saturday.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fetts
@Sherlock said:

@Fetts said:

Ok then.

Im actually not a pro (I now pros and im not be any means).I just know enough of the basics and can call you out if need be using what Kraven should know about hunting and tracking ;-)

Well. You're certainly pro compared to me :) 

On to Fetts strategy.

Now 1 thing im not getting.How will you launch the log with the explosives?Is it tied to the wrist cord kinda like a pendulum?If thats the case whoever launches it will still be within the blast radius if the explosion is that large.

To be honest i dont see any of them getting caught in the explosion.As i said you have to have them in perfect position to make this work and they are going to be on their guard.Chances are the ones that can will scour the tree for your team.If they find you team lets face it your team has no chance in a h2h confrontation even with added gear

I'm afraid you have at a loss. Are you suggesting that we're swinging it like a pendulum? That is not the case.  

Boba Fett's wrist cord automatically wraps around whatever its target is. Like so: 
Then he can detach it and tie it with an appropriate knot. 

While Boba doesn't usually activate his jetpack with it, there is a button or switch on the jetpack that causes it to launch. One time, he put the jetpack on a bounty hunter, pressed the button, and launched the dude into the mouth of a rancor. It'll be pretty much be the same in this scenario. Except the log with a belt full of thermal detonators is replacing the bounty hunter, and your team is the target rather than a rancor. Boba will be high up in a tree that can still give him a clear view of the ground below. Then he will launch the log at your team the same way he did with the bounty hunter.

I hope this clears any confusion. 

And I wouldn't be too confident about your team surviving the explosion. Say there's 10 thermal detonators in his belt. Then you got a missile and a jetpack. Each of these have the blast radius of a frag grenade. Modern US grenades have a blast radius of about 15 ft. if I recall correctly. Multiply that by about 12. You have something  close to 180 ft. Probably a little less. That's more than half a football field. Hell that's probably too large. Boba would probably have to take some out. But the point is, we can make the explosion as large as we need to. 

I don't believe the timing is that critical. You have 5 miles to travel and you're taking a steady, slow, and careful approach. We should have plenty of time to find an area that's not too open but open enough. And considering the size of the explosion we can make it, I don't think it has to be THAT direct. And even if a couple people on your team survive, they'll be weak, sloppy, and slow. Owlman should be able to take them on, especially with Boba giving sniper support. 

@Sherlock said:

Okay, so the way I see our team going about this is as follows. Kraven in the lead, as he's the tracker, and will want to have any signed unobstructed. Then will come Claire and Drakon, followed by Connor since he's our most potent ranged threat. This way, he can give covering fire if we get jumped. Since this is the case, he'll be farthest away when the jetpack gets dropped, which should let him get out of the way. Especially since he's not exactly slow.

He could also shoot the jetpack once it starts to fall, moving it away from my team before it explodes. He's fast enough on the draw to shoot arrows out of the air, so a falling jetpack should be no trouble.

I wouldn't be too sure. Firstly, The jetpack isn't falling. It's being launched at 90 mph. Secondly, we do have the element of surprise. While you're team may be on guard you're still going to be caught by surprise. As much as you would be if you were off guard? No. But you'd still be caught by surprise for a little bit and that counts for something. Thirdly, Boba's jetpack has been hit by blaster bolts before and that didn't make it explode. He'd have to take a second or two to evaluate where to hit it in order to make it explode. Considering those three factors, Connor might not have as much time as he realizes. Would he be able to hit the tip of the missile? I wouldn't put it past him. But by the time he'd be able to, the jetpack would already be close enough to still effect your team significantly. Imo, chances are better that he'd make a run for it rather than try to shoot it out of the sky. 

Kraven can run at 60 mph, and Drakon's speed is ridiculous. He catches numerous arrows with ease, throws knives faster than the eye can comprehend the motion, and sliced Roy Harper's throat so fast, Harper didn't know he'd even moved.

Kraven I will agree does have decent chances of surviving. As for Drakon, as impressive as those feats are, I don't see how any of those have anything to do with running speed. I'm thinking he's going out for the count. 

Enhanced senses are illegal, so even though he has them they'll have to be nerfed. Our team can find yours thanks to Kraven's tracking abilities, a luxury which your team doesn't possess, so really our team has become the hunters. At range, Connor, Drakon, and Claire are all very effective, and Kraven can throw his spear if necessary. And in h2h, we can keep up in skill and have the numbers advantage as well.

All of our team has extremely impressive h2h feats. Connor has Taskmaster-style Movement copying, body language reading, and is skilled enough to break Shiva's ribs.

Drakon's speed makes him a formidable opponent on its own, but he's also very skilled. He knows pressure points, and is good enough to beat Connor and Speedy at the same time.

Kraven goes h2h with Spider-Man, despite being physically outclassed, and has very metahuman stats.

Ok I think we can all agree that there won't be enhanced senses. 

However, I disagree with your advantage of range. I think Connor Hawke is really you're only advantage in range. I don't think Drakon is much of a marksman. Pretty sure he's more of a martial artist. As for Claire, I don't know much about her. But I doubt she's that accurate with a handgun.  

The only problem for you is that Connor only has a bow and arrows. Boba has fast reflexes himself and he could most likely dodge an arrow. 
In the first scan he dodges the aim of 4-LOM (who is decently faster than the average human) at nearly point blank range. In the second scan, he tags Rahm Kota. Tagging an experienced Jedi Master is nothing to be laughed at, even if the scan may not look that impressive. In the third scan, he dodges the aim of Juno Eclipse from a decently close range. 

So considering Boba dodges the aim of faster weapons (both when shot and aimed) at closer distances, plus the fact that he does have some cover with the branches and whatnot, Boba should be safe.  

As for Owlman, while I may not know too much about him, if he's anything like Batman (which I have no doubt he is), he should be fine as well. 

In terms of H2H combat, I'm going to leave that to nickthedevil. Boba is by no means a master of H2H combat and I have no doubt that Owlman is. Though I will say that IF (and that's a quite a big "if" I'm emphasizing on) any of them survive the explosion, most of them will be pretty weak, slow, sloppy, and useless. The only exception might be Kraven. Owlman should have no problem disposing most of them and if need be, Boba could snipe the leftovers from the tree he's perched up on.  

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sherlock

Apologies for my lateness again.I was only just able to fix my Internet.Im getting off work early tonight so I'll get a reply up in a few hours

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Fetts said:

NO. Just NO.
No Caption Provided

LOL

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Esquire

I'll try to get something up today or tomorrow.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Esquire

@Fetts

I wouldn't be too sure. Firstly, The jetpack isn't falling. It's being launched at 90 mph. Secondly, we do have the element of surprise. While you're team may be on guard you're still going to be caught by surprise. He'd have to take a second or two to evaluate where to hit it in order to make it explode. Considering those three factors, Connor might not have as much time as he realizes. Would he be able to hit the tip of the missile? I wouldn't put it past him. But by the time he'd be able to, the jetpack would already be close enough to still effect your team significantly. Imo, chances are better that he'd make a run for it rather than try to shoot it out of the sky.

The jetpack may move 90 mph, but according to The Internet, an arrow moves over 300 mph. And according to Common Sense, a jetpack with stuff attached to it is an easier target than two arrows. So I don't think it's at all unreasonable for Connor to hit it. Not only that, but Connor's rate of fire with a bow is obscene.

Although the first two are more Drakon feats, they still showcase his firing speed. Five arrows on one panel? And in the last scan he has three out in one panel, as well as showcasing a little agility. So not only can he hit the jetpack, he can hit it several times. Now, I think you've misunderstood my intention. He doesn't want it to explode, he wants to redirect it. At 90 mph, that's moving 132 feet per second. So if he can throw it off course, it'll be a fair bit further away if and when it explodes, which gives us a far better chance of surviving. If he can hit smaller, faster targets, then he can hit the jetpack, and all he needs to do is hit it once to throw it off course. I would say he can hit it several, but that won't be necessary for it to be effective.

Kraven I will agree does have decent chances of surviving. As for Drakon, as impressive as those feats are, I don't see how any of those have anything to do with running speed. I'm thinking he's going out for the count.

Connor, who's notably fast, comments that Drakon is faster than him. And Ollie says he fast, and that he runs down from a rooftop, across the street, and up the stairs in under a minute. Not totally quantifiable, but fast enough for Green Arrow to consider fast, and this is the guy who hangs around with the Justice League and fights people like Deathstroke. Drakon must be fast for him to comment on it. Also, in the scans where he cuts Roy, he moves 6-10 feet to Roy, cuts his throat, and moves 6-10 feet back, before Roy can even perceive the motion. So that means he moved 15-20 feet in an instant, which implies he can move pretty dang fast over decent distances.

However, I disagree with your advantage of range. I think Connor Hawke is really you're only advantage in range. I don't think Drakon is much of a marksman. Pretty sure he's more of a martial artist. As for Claire, I don't know much about her. But I doubt she's that accurate with a handgun.

Again, Drakon is good enough with a gun for Ollie to comment on it. And even after taking a glue arrow to the face, he almost shoots an evading Green Arrow. He has more martial arts feats, but he's good with guns, too. And no particularly impressive marksmanship is needed to shoot someone out of a tree less than 100 feet away.

The only problem for you is that Connor only has a bow and arrows. Boba has fast reflexes himself and he could most likely dodge an arrow.

But can he dodge half a dozen? As I've shown, Connor can put an awful lot of arrows out in a short period of time. And if he's perched in a tree, Fett doesn't have a lot of options for movement, especially as he's without his jetpack. If Claire or Drakon is also shooting at him, they don't have to be exceptional shooters to make things very unpleasant for the bounty hunter.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sherlock

@nickthedevil said:

@Sherlock said:

Im not quite sure what your point here is.Being smart doesnt mean he knows anything about hunting or tracking.Newton was smart too,does that mean if you drop him in the middle of the bush hell be fine because hes smart?Thats not how it works

As i said to Fetts enhanced senses are illegal

I never said he cant handle anyone on my team i said he cant handle the whole thing at once.Any of them would give him a fight alone as well as give Batman a fight.TBH Kraven or Claire would knock Batman on his butt

And I wouldn't be too confident about your team surviving the explosion. Say there's 10 thermal detonators in his belt. Then you got a missile and a jetpack. Each of these have the blast radius of a frag grenade. Modern US grenades have a blast radius of about 15 ft. if I recall correctly. Multiply that by about 12. You have something close to 180 ft. Probably a little less. That's more than half a football field. Hell that's probably too large. Boba would probably have to take some out. But the point is, we can make the explosion as large as we need to.

I don't believe the timing is that critical. You have 5 miles to travel and you're taking a steady, slow, and careful approach. We should have plenty of time to find an area that's not too open but open enough. And considering the size of the explosion we can make it, I don't think it has to be THAT direct. And even if a couple people on your team survive, they'll be weak, sloppy, and slow. Owlman should be able to take them on, especially with Boba giving sniper support.

It does thank you

Thats supposing that we get caught in the explosion at all.

Your team is sitting in a tree waiting for mine to be in a very specific spot.Add to that the size of the area and your chances of ever having my whole team in that area are small.

Now lets throw in there the lack of being able to detect my team and you have waiting in a tree with no way of knowing when my team will be in this area,where they will enter from,or if they will ever show up at all.But wait theres more

As the icing on the cake we have Kravens tracking and hunting abilities.Now you have waiting in a tree with no way of detecting my team in an area that they may never enter hoping to see them before the guy who specializes in tracking and hunting who will likely be following your trail right to you.

Im sorry but the odds of this working are stacked against you

I wouldn't be too sure. Firstly, The jetpack isn't falling. It's being launched at 90 mph. Secondly, we do have the element of surprise. While you're team may be on guard you're still going to be caught by surprise. As much as you would be if you were off guard? No. But you'd still be caught by surprise for a little bit and that counts for something. Thirdly, Boba's jetpack has been hit by blaster bolts before and that didn't make it explode. He'd have to take a second or two to evaluate where to hit it in order to make it explode. Considering those three factors, Connor might not have as much time as he realizes. Would he be able to hit the tip of the missile? I wouldn't put it past him. But by the time he'd be able to, the jetpack would already be close enough to still effect your team significantly. Imo, chances are better that he'd make a run for it rather than try to shoot it out of the sky.

Everyone on my team is a proven bullet timer.Bullets are a lot faster moving that 90 MPH just saying

As explained above you really dont have the element of surprise

Suppose Connor uses and exploding arrow.I think that would make the jetpack blow up in Bobas face

Just FTR Claire is a dude.Also he can use a gun but i really only gave it to him just to give him something.

Hawke is a pretty big Range threat TBF.Ill let Esquire debate for him though

In terms of H2H combat, I'm going to leave that to nickthedevil. Boba is by no means a master of H2H combat and I have no doubt that Owlman is. Though I will say that IF (and that's a quite a big "if" I'm emphasizing on) any of them survive the explosion, most of them will be pretty weak, slow, sloppy, and useless. The only exception might be Kraven. Owlman should have no problem disposing most of them and if need be, Boba could snipe the leftovers from the tree he's perched up on.

Boba is going to lose to anyone here in H2H.

So i already went over the jet pack bomb thing gummy.Im not going to bother with repeating it.Unless Fetts can give a good reason as to why they would be hit with it i don't think we need to discuss it further.

Again Owlman can put up a fight but he cant beat any two at once let alone 4.

Some Feats for Claire.Just to note Claire is a novel Character.I can post the actual parts of the book where these feats take place if you need me to.

Claire for starters is an assassin and is hailed as the best in the world.Kinda like Boba being the best Bounty Hunter

His strength level is high enough that he can hold a spear blade with two fingers and the person wielding the spear couldnt move it at all.

He is also capable of ripping people apart with his bare hands.

He caught Graham Spectors wrench in one hand.Graham is strong enough to put craters in the ground with said wrench

An outrageous bullet dodger.Capable of dodging Machine Gun fire at point blank range and well as sniper shots.

He also deflected a bullet with a spear cutting another person in the rooms cheek with said deflected bullet.He did this on purpose

In his fight with Ladd Russo he completely owned him the entire time.A direct quote on Ladds speed

"Ladd, having lost any semblance of certainty in himself, charged at the red monster like a madman, jumping and attacking at a rate that no amateur would be able to catch with his eyes."

Ladds punches are also stated to be bullet speed.Again he trounced him

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Esquire

Anybody have anything more to say, or shall we go to voting?

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fetts
@Esquire: Ha. Sorry. been busy. I should be free tomorrow to get back on this. 

@nickthedevil: Are you going to jump in anytime soon?
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Esquire

@Fetts:

No worries, plenty of time. I just wanted to make sure.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sherlock

@Esquire:@Fetts: This is a Fetts Sherlock battle.It wont be over until we have 20 pages at least

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fetts
@Sherlock: Lol. Fine. Be that way. 

@nickthedevil: I know you're busy with your Going Away Tourney (and sucks that you're going away :( ), but are you going to jump back in? If not, some Owlman scans would be greatly appreciated :) 

OK then. Lez do dis. 

@Esquire said:

@Fetts@nickthedevil@Sherlock

I wouldn't be too sure. Firstly, The jetpack isn't falling. It's being launched at 90 mph. Secondly, we do have the element of surprise. While you're team may be on guard you're still going to be caught by surprise. He'd have to take a second or two to evaluate where to hit it in order to make it explode. Considering those three factors, Connor might not have as much time as he realizes. Would he be able to hit the tip of the missile? I wouldn't put it past him. But by the time he'd be able to, the jetpack would already be close enough to still effect your team significantly. Imo, chances are better that he'd make a run for it rather than try to shoot it out of the sky.

The jetpack may move 90 mph, but according to The Internet, an arrow moves over 300 mph. And according to Common Sense, a jetpack with stuff attached to it is an easier target than two arrows. So I don't think it's at all unreasonable for Connor to hit it. Not only that, but Connor's rate of fire with a bow is obscene.

Although the first two are more Drakon feats, they still showcase his firing speed. Five arrows on one panel? And in the last scan he has three out in one panel, as well as showcasing a little agility. So not only can he hit the jetpack, he can hit it several times. Now, I think you've misunderstood my intention. He doesn't want it to explode, he wants to redirect it. At 90 mph, that's moving 132 feet per second. So if he can throw it off course, it'll be a fair bit further away if and when it explodes, which gives us a far better chance of surviving. If he can hit smaller, faster targets, then he can hit the jetpack, and all he needs to do is hit it once to throw it off course. I would say he can hit it several, but that won't be necessary for it to be effective.

I never said that Connor would be incapable of hitting it. I just think by the time that he could it would still have pretty much the same effect, given the reasons stated. 

Ah. I see. However I'm not entirely sure if you can. I doubt that the force of an arrow is enough to redirect the projectile that we've made. Especially when you consider the jetpack's and log's weight and how fast they're both moving. I'm not confident that the force of the arrow would be enough. Honestly I just see it bouncing right off. The jetpack has taken blaster bolts before.  

You could try going for the nozzels, but as far as I'm aware, they can't be adjusted by force. I think there's some type of technology within the jetpack or perhaps Boba's helmet that adjusts it. I've never seen Boba adjust them by hand. Secondly, I'm pretty sure you'd need to adjust both nozzels to make it redirect. If you hit only one of them, it may slow it down a little, but it's still going be flipping towards it's target. That's assuming you make the nozzels to turn. Neither of us really have any proof that an arrow could redirect them because we lack specifics on the nozzels.

If you do somehow manage to redirect it, you and I can both agree that it'd only be by "a fair bit" as you put it. As I've already explained to Sherlock, we have the potential to make this explosion as big as half a football field. So however insignificantly you do manage to redirect it, it won't matter much. 

And to go even further, you say that the rest would run. Who's to say that Connor accidentally redirects towards where your team is running? 

Connor, who's notably fast, comments that Drakon is faster than him. And Ollie says he fast, and that he runs down from a rooftop, across the street, and up the stairs in under a minute. Not totally quantifiable, but fast enough for Green Arrow to consider fast, and this is the guy who hangs around with the Justice League and fights people like Deathstroke. Drakon must be fast for him to comment on it. Also, in the scans where he cuts Roy, he moves 6-10 feet to Roy, cuts his throat, and moves 6-10 feet back, before Roy can even perceive the motion. So that means he moved 15-20 feet in an instant, which implies he can move pretty dang fast over decent distances.

That's not enough to convince me he could escape an explosion of the magnitude we could make it. So what if Green Arrow hangs with the Justice League or fights with Deathstroke? I fail to see where you're getting with that. Are you implying that just because he hasn't given the JL or Deathstroke a comment like that means Drakon is on their level of speed? Because I hope you're not.  

And they'd probably indeed make the explosion pretty large. They know that they're dealing with people that tangle with Spider-Man, so the bigger the better. 10 explosives each with a 15 ft. blast radius isn't something to laugh at.

Again, Drakon is good enough with a gun for Ollie to comment on it. And even after taking a glue arrow to the face, he almost shoots an evading Green Arrow. He has more martial arts feats, but he's good with guns, too. And no particularly impressive marksmanship is needed to shoot someone out of a tree less than 100 feet away.

But can he dodge half a dozen? As I've shown, Connor can put an awful lot of arrows out in a short period of time. And if he's perched in a tree, Fett doesn't have a lot of options for movement, especially as he's without his jetpack. If Claire or Drakon is also shooting at him, they don't have to be exceptional shooters to make things very unpleasant for the bounty hunter.

Again, I'm not convinced he's that accurate. In the first scan and in the second panel Ollie wasn't even moving. And he was still missing. And that glue arrow didn't even cover his entire face. He was still capable of aiming just fine. None of that convinces me he's some type sharpshooter. 

With a pistol from a 100 feet away? Ya it kinda is. The sights on those aren't really good for any type of sharpshooting. If he had an assault rifle, sure. But he doesn't have that luxury here. Furthermore, it'd be even harder with the cover of the branches and whatnot. 

I wasn't suggesting that he'd be doing any type of Captain America-type flips. I was simply suggesting that Boba could simply move his head out of the way in time and take cover behind the branch he's perched up in. 

Not that any of that matters because the three of them are going to be dead or close to it. 

And I wouldn't be too confident about your team surviving the explosion. Say there's 10 thermal detonators in his belt. Then you got a missile and a jetpack. Each of these have the blast radius of a frag grenade. Modern US grenades have a blast radius of about 15 ft. if I recall correctly. Multiply that by about 12. You have something close to 180 ft. Probably a little less. That's more than half a football field. Hell that's probably too large. Boba would probably have to take some out. But the point is, we can make the explosion as large as we need to.

I don't believe the timing is that critical. You have 5 miles to travel and you're taking a steady, slow, and careful approach. We should have plenty of time to find an area that's not too open but open enough. And considering the size of the explosion we can make it, I don't think it has to be THAT direct. And even if a couple people on your team survive, they'll be weak, sloppy, and slow. Owlman should be able to take them on, especially with Boba giving sniper support.

It does thank you

Thats supposing that we get caught in the explosion at all.

Your team is sitting in a tree waiting for mine to be in a very specific spot.Add to that the size of the area and your chances of ever having my whole team in that area are small.

Now lets throw in there the lack of being able to detect my team and you have waiting in a tree with no way of knowing when my team will be in this area,where they will enter from,or if they will ever show up at all.But wait theres more

As the icing on the cake we have Kravens tracking and hunting abilities.Now you have waiting in a tree with no way of detecting my team in an area that they may never enter hoping to see them before the guy who specializes in tracking and hunting who will likely be following your trail right to you.

Im sorry but the odds of this working are stacked against you

I believe you will. 

I think you misunderstand. When I said, we'd be waiting in an area not too open, I meant it wouldn't be something like an area of 100 feet. Maybe like half that, just so people wouldn't figure that it'd be the perfect place for ambush and deduce where we are. 30-50 ft. is quite sufficient, considering you're taking a slow and cautious approach. 

Furthermore, you said that your team would have a general idea of where my team is. Isn't it safe to assume that you'd make a thorough sweep of the area and eventually head into our spot? ESPECIALLY if Kraven stumbles on our footprints and tracks them? 

Correction. We might just have a way of detecting you: 
@nickzambuto said: 

Fetts/NickD

Boba Fett - EE-3 carbine blaster, mini-concussion rocket launcher, jetpack (no flight), wrist cord, and helmet (including gas filters, oxygen supply, and audio filters), concentrated deeb spray, Sniper blaster, Blaster pistol, Dur-24 wrist laser, Thermal detonators, and as if he doesn't have enough... Stun dart launcher

Considering we're going to be in a pretty silent forest, and with not all your teammates being as stealthy as Kraven, chances might be pretty good that we could hear them coming. Furthermore, do we really need a way of detecting you? It's called patience. All we have to do is wait for your team to show up at our spot. I don't believe it really matters when and where they'll enter from. So as long as they enter. 

Everyone on my team is a proven bullet timer.Bullets are a lot faster moving that 90 MPH just saying

As explained above you really dont have the element of surprise

Suppose Connor uses and exploding arrow.I think that would make the jetpack blow up in Bobas face

So what? The plan isn't to take one of them out by the blunt of a speeding jetpack. The plan is to blow them up to kingdom come. Of course they can dodge a jetpack. However will they be able to outrun the size of the explosion we're about to send down on them? No. The only exception might be Kraven. If he could manage to get far enough from the explosion, he'd still be injured and dazed. He wouldn't be fighting his best and Owlman could finish him off. And if need be, Boba could give sniper support. 

I know you're team is prepared. But your team has no idea when, where, and how my team is going to attack exactly. So while they're not going to be AS surprised if they were unprepared, they'll still be a little surprised and that counts for something. 

Suppose Connor doesn't have an exploding arrow in this match? 

Just FTR Claire is a dude.Also he can use a gun but i really only gave it to him just to give him something.

Oohh. When it said "Claire Stanfield", I read "Claire Redfield". My mistake. 

Boba is going to lose to anyone here in H2H.

And if you read what I said again, you'd find that I acknowledged that. Nor did I say Boba was ever going to go into H2H combat. 

Again Owlman can put up a fight but he cant beat any two at once let alone 4.

Some Feats for Claire.Just to note Claire is a novel Character.I can post the actual parts of the book where these feats take place if you need me to.

Claire for starters is an assassin and is hailed as the best in the world.Kinda like Boba being the best Bounty Hunter

His strength level is high enough that he can hold a spear blade with two fingers and the person wielding the spear couldnt move it at all.

He is also capable of ripping people apart with his bare hands.

He caught Graham Spectors wrench in one hand.Graham is strong enough to put craters in the ground with said wrench

An outrageous bullet dodger.Capable of dodging Machine Gun fire at point blank range and well as sniper shots.

He also deflected a bullet with a spear cutting another person in the rooms cheek with said deflected bullet.He did this on purpose

In his fight with Ladd Russo he completely owned him the entire time.A direct quote on Ladds speed

"Ladd, having lost any semblance of certainty in himself, charged at the red monster like a madman, jumping and attacking at a rate that no amateur would be able to catch with his eyes."

Ladds punches are also stated to be bullet speed.Again he trounced him

Owlman won't have to. 

Ok? All of those are strength, skill, and combat speed feats. None of that convinces me he has the running speed to escape the worst of the explosion. Nor the durability or pain intolerance to shrug off the explosion. All of those are pretty irrelevant. 

@nickzambuto I'm curious, what type of bow does Connor get exactly? Does he get his specialized bow? A composite bow? A longbow? A hand-made bow made of a stick and string? 

@Sherlock@Esquire: You're up :)
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Esquire

@Fetts said:

I'm curious, what type of bow does Connor get exactly? Does he get his specialized bow? A composite bow? A longbow? A hand-made bow made of a stick and string?

Assuming I get to choose, since it's my gear, it would be the longbow that he usually uses. It doesn't seem to be anything particularly specialized, from what I've seen.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sherlock
@Fetts said:

I believe you will. 

I think you misunderstand. When I said, we'd be waiting in an area not too open, I meant it wouldn't be something like an area of 100 feet. Maybe like half that, just so people wouldn't figure that it'd be the perfect place for ambush and deduce where we are. 30-50 ft. is quite sufficient, considering you're taking a slow and cautious approach. 

Furthermore, you said that your team would have a general idea of where my team is. Isn't it safe to assume that you'd make a thorough sweep of the area and eventually head into our spot? ESPECIALLY if Kraven stumbles on our footprints and tracks them? 

No i got the open area portion.An ambush is always possible in anything open and 50 feet is no exception. 
First off suppose we do pick up your trail.Now if thats the case we are going to follow that and come up behind you thereby never entering your open but not too open area. 
Second if we do hit this clearing venturing into it is just plain stupid and anyone would know that.Sniper fire is dangerous in the open your practically asking to be shot.In this case we do what any animal does in a clearing.We keep to the edges.Edge is another tracking term used frequently.Suppose you track a deer,the deer will stay on the edge of a field.Why?Because it can 1 get the food that the field provides and 2 still be near enough to cover should the need arise.Its a very basic survival instinct and everyone has it.Kraven especially should know all about this. 
As i said going into a clearing is a death sentence so the logical thing to do is to avoid the open and go around.Gotta remember that my team is being cautious and and do know that you are out here to kill them 

Fetts/NickD

Boba Fett - EE-3 carbine blaster, mini-concussion rocket launcher, jetpack (no flight), wrist cord, and helmet (including gas filters, oxygen supply, and audio filters), concentrated deeb spray, Sniper blaster, Blaster pistol, Dur-24 wrist laser, Thermal detonators, and as if he doesn't have enough... Stun dart launcher

Considering we're going to be in a pretty silent forest, and with not all your teammates being as stealthy as Kraven, chances might be pretty good that we could hear them coming. Furthermore, do we really need a way of detecting you? It's called patience. All we have to do is wait for your team to show up at our spot. I don't believe it really matters when and where they'll enter from. So as long as they enter. 

Im pretty sure the audio filters would count as enhanced senses though id have to check with on that one  @nickzambuto 
I covered the rest of your post above 

So what? The plan isn't to take one of them out by the blunt of a speeding jetpack. The plan is to blow them up to kingdom come. Of course they can dodge a jetpack. However will they be able to outrun the size of the explosion we're about to send down on them? No. The only exception might be Kraven. If he could manage to get far enough from the explosion, he'd still be injured and dazed. He wouldn't be fighting his best and Owlman could finish him off. And if need be, Boba could give sniper support. 

I know you're team is prepared. But your team has no idea when, where, and how my team is going to attack exactly. So while they're not going to be AS surprised if they were unprepared, they'll still be a little surprised and that counts for something. 

If my tea keeps to the edge of the clearing as i said they would then yes.The reason being cover.They dont need to avoid the whole explosion as long as something like say a tree takes the brunt of it.Your jetpack of doom destruction and the world ending has to cover about 50 feet as you said.There is no way it is going to be silent in doing so.Chances are we are going to see it as soon as it launches.With 50 feet to cover that should provide my team with plenty of time to get into the forest where the tree line can protect them from the explosion. 

The explosion arrow was more of a joke.Though now that i think of it.In your original strategy you said that Boba would detonate the bomb with a well placed shot.How will it be detonated in this one.I know Boba is a good shot but a jetpack moving at 90 away from you is a very difficult shot to make.Im not convinced he has it in him 

Oohh. When it said "Claire Stanfield", I read "Claire Redfield". My mistake. 

No sweat there.Much as i love Claire Redfield she really has no place here :-) 

Owlman won't have to. 

Ok? All of those are strength, skill, and combat speed feats. None of that convinces me he has the running speed to escape the worst of the explosion. Nor the durability or pain intolerance to shrug off the explosion. All of those are pretty irrelevant. 

In his fight with Ladd he was atop a moving train.Claire was able to go over the side underneath and appear again on the next car in a matter of a second.Im gonna post a vid from the anime for this one 

Unfortunately this is dubbed.Even mor unfortunate its got viewer digression so you need to have an account on Youtube to view it..Skip to 16:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ-Sf6Sn_tM&feature=player_embedded 
So you can see that Claire covers more ground than Ladd faster than he does (Again Ladd has been shown to move faster than the untrained eye can perceive) and from the underside of a moving train.That takes some speed to do
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Esquire

Everyone ready for voting?

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fetts
@Sherlock@Esquire: Sorry... again... I've been especially busy with Thanksgiving and whatnot. I'll try to post a response tomorrow.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fetts
@Sherlock said:
@Fettssaid:

I believe you will. 

No i got the open area portion.An ambush is always possible in anything open and 50 feet is no exception. 
First off suppose we do pick up your trail.Now if thats the case we are going to follow that and come up behind you thereby never entering your open but not too open area. 
Second if we do hit this clearing venturing into it is just plain stupid and anyone would know that.Sniper fire is dangerous in the open your practically asking to be shot.In this case we do what any animal does in a clearing.We keep to the edges.Edge is another tracking term used frequently.Suppose you track a deer,the deer will stay on the edge of a field.Why?Because it can 1 get the food that the field provides and 2 still be near enough to cover should the need arise.Its a very basic survival instinct and everyone has it.Kraven especially should know all about this. 
As i said going into a clearing is a death sentence so the logical thing to do is to avoid the open and go around.Gotta remember that my team is being cautious and and do know that you are out here to kill them 

Ok fair enough. 

I wouldn't put money on that. Chances are just as easy that Boba and Owlman go through the open area to get to their designated trees rather than go behind them. In fact I find it more likely given that they're trying to lure them into that area. 

But shouldn't it be no problem for your teammates? I thought we were just going over how fast of reflexes your team has and that they're already pretty prepared for whatever surprise attack that may happen. But if you feel like that those factors aren't enough, I understand.  

But I'm not too sure that'll help either. There's still about a 75% chance that you'll still be in Boba's line of sight. You can either be to the edges left or right of Boba, or you can be at the edge where Owlman is. The only advantage it might bring you is that you're closer to cover. If that is the case, some intervening might have to be done. Boba has one of the most tactical and cunning minds in the Star Wars galaxy. I think it's safe to say that he'd realize launching his explosive at fast people such as your team members and who are also next to cover would be a bad idea. And Owlman would certainly see it.

This intervening might prove to be a better in a sense. Now according to you and Esquire, Connor Hawke is in the rear of your formation. A razorang would very silent, and I don't think Connor would hear it coming until it's too late. And he's certainly not going to see it. Unfortunately, while a razorang is silent, going Alvin York style is probably out of the question. A dead body hitting the silent forest ground is going to create a thump that is going to be heard. But, it might cause the rest of your team to drop their guard for a second and see if Connor is still breathing. Not only that, but it takes away your only real good shot at an effective ranged attack.  

Followed by that would be a smoke pellet or two. This way, they won't be able to see where the explosive now launched by Boba is coming from. It could be to the left of them, right of them, in front of them, somewhere above. Whatever. They'll be totally blind. According to Esquire, I believe he said it would travel in 133 feet in one second? And we'd probably only be like 100 feet up. So while your team is now a little more off guard and pretty much blind, an explosive with a lot of power is going to hit your team in a second or less.

So ya. I see your chances of surviving this a little dim. 

For the readers: I know it may seem like I'm changing my strategy. But in my defense, Sherlock kind of changed his strategy as well. I was under the impression that they'd be going straight through the open area. I don't recall any talk of sticking to the edges. We were debating on how their reflexes could redirect it or if they could outrun the explosion, etc.  I am now aware of a factor that I wasn't aware of before. So naturally, I'd have to adjust a bit. 

If my tea keeps to the edge of the clearing as i said they would then yes.The reason being cover.They dont need to avoid the whole explosion as long as something like say a tree takes the brunt of it.Your jetpack of doom destruction and the world ending has to cover about 50 feet as you said.There is no way it is going to be silent in doing so.Chances are we are going to see it as soon as it launches.With 50 feet to cover that should provide my team with plenty of time to get into the forest where the tree line can protect them from the explosion. 

The explosion arrow was more of a joke.Though now that i think of it.In your original strategy you said that Boba would detonate the bomb with a well placed shot.How will it be detonated in this one.I know Boba is a good shot but a jetpack moving at 90 away from you is a very difficult shot to make.Im not convinced he has it in him 

I pretty much just discussed the first part of that. 

Nonononono. You misunderstand. In the original strategy, Boba was to shoot the missile with his sniper rifle. That is not the case here. Here, the missile is going to explode how it normally would. It's going to be launched, just with more explosives attached to it, including the jetpack. 

Owlman won't have to. 

In his fight with Ladd he was atop a moving train.Claire was able to go over the side underneath and appear again on the next car in a matter of a second.Im gonna post a vid from the anime for this one 

Unfortunately this is dubbed.Even mor unfortunate its got viewer digression so you need to have an account on Youtube to view it..Skip to 16:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ-Sf6Sn_tM&feature=player_embedded So you can see that Claire covers more ground than Ladd faster than he does (Again Ladd has been shown to move faster than the untrained eye can perceive) and from the underside of a moving train.That takes some speed to do
Not bad. But firstly, Ladd stood there for a bit. Secondly, while he may be that fast, he clearly wasn't moving that fast there. It's impressive I'll give him that. I just don't think it's as impressive as you think it is. Would it be enough? I'm not sure. Are there any other running speed feats you might have? 

Either way, I don't think it's going to matter here, as I've explained above.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sherlock

This holiday is always hard on me.Ill get to this when I can

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sherlock

@Fetts said:

I wouldn't put money on that. Chances are just as easy that Boba and Owlman go through the open area to get to their designated trees rather than go behind them. In fact I find it more likely given that they're trying to lure them into that area.

But shouldn't it be no problem for your teammates? I thought we were just going over how fast of reflexes your team has and that they're already pretty prepared for whatever surprise attack that may happen. But if you feel like that those factors aren't enough, I understand.

But I'm not too sure that'll help either. There's still about a 75% chance that you'll still be in Boba's line of sight. You can either be to the edges left or right of Boba, or you can be at the edge where Owlman is. The only advantage it might bring you is that you're closer to cover. If that is the case, some intervening might have to be done. Boba has one of the most tactical and cunning minds in the Star Wars galaxy. I think it's safe to say that he'd realize launching his explosive at fast people such as your team members and who are also next to cover would be a bad idea. And Owlman would certainly see it.

This intervening might prove to be a better in a sense. Now according to you and Esquire, Connor Hawke is in the rear of your formation. A razorang would very silent, and I don't think Connor would hear it coming until it's too late. And he's certainly not going to see it. Unfortunately, while a razorang is silent, going Alvin York style is probably out of the question. A dead body hitting the silent forest ground is going to create a thump that is going to be heard. But, it might cause the rest of your team to drop their guard for a second and see if Connor is still breathing. Not only that, but it takes away your only real good shot at an effective ranged attack.

Followed by that would be a smoke pellet or two. This way, they won't be able to see where the explosive now launched by Boba is coming from. It could be to the left of them, right of them, in front of them, somewhere above. Whatever. They'll be totally blind. According to Esquire, I believe he said it would travel in 133 feet in one second? And we'd probably only be like 100 feet up. So while your team is now a little more off guard and pretty much blind, an explosive with a lot of power is going to hit your team in a second or less.

Ok so i actually didnt think of that at all so ill give you that

Why take the chance?My team has no idea who they are up against.For all they know they could be being hunted by Hulk.I already brought up Snipers as well.My team can dodge gun fire but the fact remains that a shot from a gunner who they dont see and dont know is there is more than likely going to hit them.Going into an open area is just asking to be shot.

I just went over that.The only point to hanging out on the edge of the opening is to be near cover if need be.Thats survival 101.Personally i also dont mind if Boba keeps his explosive with him.Saves my team a lot of heartache

Ok so now Owlman takes Connor down.Ill bite where exactly does he go from there?Tactical 101 see if your friend is dead when there is no risk of being shot.Any moron knows this.Again the first thing to do is find cover.Taking Connor out is such a way is not going to make my team drop their guard.In fact it will be just the opposite.

Now not only does my team know your team is there they know where Owlman is.Kraven can easily get to him and personally i dont see Owlman winning that encounter.

As far as smoke pellets im not sure how effective they would be in an outside scenario like this.The smoke isnt going to stay in one area.Now if they didnt know where Owlman was after taking Connor then there is no chance that they wont know where he is now.From there leaving the gassed area and getting Owlman is a very easy task

For the readers: I know it may seem like I'm changing my strategy. But in my defense, Sherlock kind of changed his strategy as well. I was under the impression that they'd be going straight through the open area. I don't recall any talk of sticking to the edges. We were debating on how their reflexes could redirect it or if they could outrun the explosion, etc. I am now aware of a factor that I wasn't aware of before. So naturally, I'd have to adjust a bit.

Dont sweat it my friend.In any debate adjusting the strategy is going to happen.

Not bad. But firstly, Ladd stood there for a bit. Secondly, while he may be that fast, he clearly wasn't moving that fast there. It's impressive I'll give him that. I just don't think it's as impressive as you think it is. Would it be enough? I'm not sure. Are there any other running speed feats you might have?

Thats still on the underside of a moving train.Any normal person would take a few minutes to cover that.Claire did it in the time it too Ladd to run a few feet.Even with the pause thats pretty quick.More than enough to merit getting behind a tree.

This is his fight with Christopher and Liza.

Oh? Are you that confident in your skills? You think you can face both me and Liza alone?"

Christopher shook his head in mock despair at his opponent's foolishness, but Vino paid it no mind, stretching lightly before standing straight. The look in his eyes seemed a little different from what it had been a moment before.

"All right, then. Since the sun's shining and everything... I guess it's time to get serious."

"Ahahahaha! How droll! I applaud your wit, sir," Christopher said, watching several chakram close in on Vino's back.

It seemed Liza had given up on Chane and had instead decided to devote her energies entirely into helping Christopher.

"Okay," Claire said, "here I come!"

And the next instant, six silver rings should have buried themselves deep into Vino's body.

But instead, Christopher beheld something that he could hardly believe.

"What...?"

"Heh. These're pretty nice."

One moment, Vino's hands had been empty. The next, they held six chakram.

They had come from different angles, all completely outside his field of vision, and Vino hadn't even turned around.

"What just happ-"

Vino hefted the bladed rings and sent them all spinning toward Christopher before he could finish.

"-ened?"

Each chakram drew a beautiful arc through the air, coming together toward where Christopher currently stood.

By the time conscious thought reached Christopher's mind his body was already leaping away, and he looked back to see six rings bury themselves in the ground just behind where he'd been standing.

"How-"

He straightened, taking just an instant to get his footing, but it was long enough. He looked up to see Vino already there in front of him.

"Checkmate."

Vino grinned, his right hand closing around Christopher's throat.

"I was going easy on you 'cause I wanted to fight together with Chane for as long as I could, but it looks like things're getting messy down there."

"Wha..." Christopher gasped, utterly defeated before he could resist or even surrender. Vino's strength had caught him completely off guard.

"Impossible... How did you catch Liza's chakram...?"

Another ring came spinning through the rain, flashing in the sunlight as it sped toward the back of Vino's head.

But the hitman merely reached back with one arm, not even bothering to break eye contact with Christopher, and plucked the chakram clean out of the air.

So first of all Liza is invisible.Next you get a couple of decent speed feats here.What i really want to note is the projectile weapons.All of them were coming from different angles and area yet Claire without looking plucks each of them out of the air (Not just deflects them or dodges them).How does he do this you may ask?Its actually quite simple.He sees the reflection of the chakram in Christophers eyes.Thats some damned impressive sight right there.I dont think a smoke screen will make any really difference to him

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Fetts
@Sherlock said:

@Fetts said:

But I'm not too sure that'll help either. There's still about a 75% chance that you'll still be in Boba's line of sight. You can either be to the edges left or right of Boba, or you can be at the edge where Owlman is. The only advantage it might bring you is that you're closer to cover. If that is the case, some intervening might have to be done. Boba has one of the most tactical and cunning minds in the Star Wars galaxy. I think it's safe to say that he'd realize launching his explosive at fast people such as your team members and who are also next to cover would be a bad idea. And Owlman would certainly see it.

Followed by that would be a smoke pellet or two. This way, they won't be able to see where the explosive now launched by Boba is coming from. It could be to the left of them, right of them, in front of them, somewhere above. Whatever. They'll be totally blind. According to Esquire, I believe he said it would travel in 133 feet in one second? And we'd probably only be like 100 feet up. So while your team is now a little more off guard and pretty much blind, an explosive with a lot of power is going to hit your team in a second or less.

Ok so i actually didnt think of that at all so ill give you that

Why take the chance?My team has no idea who they are up against.For all they know they could be being hunted by Hulk.I already brought up Snipers as well.My team can dodge gun fire but the fact remains that a shot from a gunner who they dont see and dont know is there is more than likely going to hit them.Going into an open area is just asking to be shot.

I just went over that.The only point to hanging out on the edge of the opening is to be near cover if need be.Thats survival 101.Personally i also dont mind if Boba keeps his explosive with him.Saves my team a lot of heartache

Ok so now Owlman takes Connor down.Ill bite where exactly does he go from there?Tactical 101 see if your friend is dead when there is no risk of being shot.Any moron knows this.Again the first thing to do is find cover.Taking Connor out is such a way is not going to make my team drop their guard.In fact it will be just the opposite.

Now not only does my team know your team is there they know where Owlman is.Kraven can easily get to him and personally i dont see Owlman winning that encounter.

As far as smoke pellets im not sure how effective they would be in an outside scenario like this.The smoke isnt going to stay in one area.Now if they didnt know where Owlman was after taking Connor then there is no chance that they wont know where he is now.From there leaving the gassed area and getting Owlman is a very easy task

Thank you. Thank you. *Takes a bow* :) 

I understand. It's cool. 

I'm afraid you misunderstand. I think I'm aware of this tactic. You hear a gunshot, reflexively take cover, check to see who got shot and if he/she is alive. As mentioned, a razorrang is silent. They're not going to hear it coming. As Connor is a couple feet behind the rest, the only thing they're going to hear is Connor's dead body thumping to the ground. And a thump is not going to be that alarming. They're going to turn around to see what that thump was. Not reflexively take cover. Only when they realize that Connor is dead that they'll try to make a run for cover. But by the time they realize that Connor is dead, a smoke pellet or two will have already hit the ground, and cover will be hard to find. 

Also, we have the advantage of starting our attack when and where we want you. Chances are pretty good that the trees could be spaced out by 10 ft. or so. Owlman could take out Connor as soon as your team is next to one of these gaps. Assuming your team could find cover through the smoke, all Boba has to do is aim a smidge higher than he originally was. That way, the explosive would hit a spot by the opposite side of the trees, taking out anybody who is behind the trees and also anybody examining Connor's condition. 

I fail to see how your team would know where Owlman is. Connor is in the back. They're not going to see the razorrang coming the same way Connor isn't. 

Why wouldn't it? Unless it's pretty windy out (which I don't think it usually is in a rain forest), I think the smoke pellets should perform their functions just fine. At least until Boba launches his explosive. 

Thats still on the underside of a moving train.Any normal person would take a few minutes to cover that.Claire did it in the time it too Ladd to run a few feet.Even with the pause thats pretty quick.More than enough to merit getting behind a tree.

This is his fight with Christopher and Liza.

Oh? Are you that confident in your skills? You think you can face both me and Liza alone?"

Christopher shook his head in mock despair at his opponent's foolishness, but Vino paid it no mind, stretching lightly before standing straight. The look in his eyes seemed a little different from what it had been a moment before.

"All right, then. Since the sun's shining and everything... I guess it's time to get serious."

"Ahahahaha! How droll! I applaud your wit, sir," Christopher said, watching several chakram close in on Vino's back.

It seemed Liza had given up on Chane and had instead decided to devote her energies entirely into helping Christopher.

"Okay," Claire said, "here I come!"

And the next instant, six silver rings should have buried themselves deep into Vino's body.

But instead, Christopher beheld something that he could hardly believe.

"What...?"

"Heh. These're pretty nice."

One moment, Vino's hands had been empty. The next, they held six chakram.

They had come from different angles, all completely outside his field of vision, and Vino hadn't even turned around.

"What just happ-"

Vino hefted the bladed rings and sent them all spinning toward Christopher before he could finish.

"-ened?"

Each chakram drew a beautiful arc through the air, coming together toward where Christopher currently stood.

By the time conscious thought reached Christopher's mind his body was already leaping away, and he looked back to see six rings bury themselves in the ground just behind where he'd been standing.

"How-"

He straightened, taking just an instant to get his footing, but it was long enough. He looked up to see Vino already there in front of him.

"Checkmate."

Vino grinned, his right hand closing around Christopher's throat.

"I was going easy on you 'cause I wanted to fight together with Chane for as long as I could, but it looks like things're getting messy down there."

"Wha..." Christopher gasped, utterly defeated before he could resist or even surrender. Vino's strength had caught him completely off guard.

"Impossible... How did you catch Liza's chakram...?"

Another ring came spinning through the rain, flashing in the sunlight as it sped toward the back of Vino's head.

But the hitman merely reached back with one arm, not even bothering to break eye contact with Christopher, and plucked the chakram clean out of the air.

So first of all Liza is invisible.Next you get a couple of decent speed feats here.What i really want to note is the projectile weapons.All of them were coming from different angles and area yet Claire without looking plucks each of them out of the air (Not just deflects them or dodges them).How does he do this you may ask?Its actually quite simple.He sees the reflection of the chakram in Christophers eyes.Thats some damned impressive sight right there.I dont think a smoke screen will make any really difference to him

Ok fair enough. However, isn't that technically a speed feat with his arms? I mean, he's not running under the train, he's using his hands to climb under it. Maybe he's using his legs a little. But you mentioned he has super strength. So for all you know he's using his arms and nothing more. And plus you just gave me another feat of how fast he can move his arms. So I'm not entirely sure if I can even see that as a running feat, as he's not really running. 

Again, isn't this more of a speed feat for his arms. And not his legs? 

I really doubt that. Just because he sees thing real clearly doesn't mean he has x-ray vision. I think that'd just mean he'd be seeing the smoke in HD. Even if he could see through the smoke, what's he going to do? Take cover? Because I already told you why cover isn't going to be of much help. Shoot at Boba or Owlman? Cause I already explained that shooting a handgun from that distance isn't going to prove to be very effective.  

And to go even further, even if he did somehow manage to escape the smoke and the explosion with the x-ray vision he doesn't have, he's all by himself, facing both Boba and Owlman. Luck with that. 
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fetts
@Sherlock: Sssssoooo. Did I win? :)