#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

forgot the cool links to the pages here

#3 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

which version of kyle is it, if it his uber state, where he can match the phoeix force maybe, than it easliy goes to him.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

done... cheers lol

M

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

nah, normal Green Lantern Kyle, not ION

M

#6 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

nooooooooo.........

:(

hmmmmm, the second engineer can time travel, now would se use this the speed up time so she is out of kyle range, and than slow it down,... this seems to be her greatest power. Follow that she could but a virus in him, but the ring would alert him.

but the green lantern ring is powerful, i do not see how she could get by it, the ring is like a mini mother box/battle computer, giving the user tactical data, and info.

i wish to say kyle , the green lantern, but time trvale powers always trump most powers, so she wins, if willing to go in time and whack him off.

Maybe brainc and her would have made a great fight, they both use nano tech, and branic asbord techlogly

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm actually intrigued as to how people think this one could play out...

i'm instinctively backing Kyle... but i think Engineer would put up a hell of a fight...

M

#8 Posted by Maxim (330 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm afraid that I think the Engineer would win. She doesn't have to think as much, I think. Kyle needs to think of what the thing looks like that he's using, and then how he's going to use it. Engineer just tells the nanobots to do something, and bang, it's done. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't read anything about the Engineer prior to now.

#9 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

i do not see the nano bots being that much off a threat, kyle ring may be able to control or short ciruit them, it the time travel that alarms me.

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyles ring can block a lot of what she can throw at him...

though i'm not sure about nano attacks... while engineer can think about nano technology scientifically, i'm not sure if Kyle can think along those lines to create his constructs to block them...

that might give the Engineer the advantage she needs

M

#11 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

would not the ring basic sheild block nano attacks, much less give him warning to such an attack,

dont they usally have a sheild up and say ring scan, and all info the ring can come up with is stated to the ring user?

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

that way i thought about it was kyle has to imagine the thing he wants the ring to construct...

so if he imagines a brick wall for a shield the ring will build a brick wall, but that wouldn't stop a nano attack

M

#13 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle's shielding can block incoming atom/molecule sized level attacks (gases) or prevent gas escape (oxygen) so it should be sufficient to shield against nan-machines.

However this presoposes that his shield is always set to this level of protection (although I think it should be).

Kyle for the win as his experience is now such that construct creation is second nature now, so he experiences minimal lag time to achieve an action.

#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

cool :D

i guess different people think about the rings abilities differently...

M

#15 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Kyle's shielding can block incoming atom/molecule sized level attacks (gases) or prevent gas escape (oxygen) so it should be sufficient to shield against nan-machines. However this presoposes that his shield is always set to this level of protection (although I think it should be). Kyle for the win as his experience is now such that construct creation is second nature now, so he experiences minimal lag time to achieve an action."

so what about the time travel powers that she has acess to? do you feel those pose a threat?

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm not sure... we only saw her use time travel once... and that was a weird circumstance that wasn't really explained properly...

i don't think she has full time travel powers, but buckshot would probably know better than me on that one

M

#17 Posted by Iron Apollo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

mmmm, she's hott, my powers of deduction say she wins, lol.

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

don't think it's your powers of deduction that are pointing towards her

lol

M

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"nooooooooo.........:(hmmmmm, the second engineer can time travel, now would se use this the speed up time so she is out of kyle range, and than slow it down,... this seems to be her greatest power. Follow that she could but a virus in him, but the ring would alert him.but the green lantern ring is powerful, i do not see how she could get by it, the ring is like a mini mother box/battle computer, giving the user tactical data, and info.i wish to say kyle , the green lantern, but time trvale powers always trump most powers, so she wins, if willing to go in time and whack him off.Maybe brainc and her would have made a great fight, they both use nano tech, and branic asbord techlogly"

Her time travel doesn't work like that. I've only seen her do it once and I don't think there was much explanation given as to how she did it, just that she did. It was when she went into the past to save Jenny Sparks. She's been attacked through time travel as well so it's probably not something she can use in battle or else she could have defended herself. She doesn't have time control either.

I'm not up on GLs so I can't really say who wins. I can throw out some weirder stuff the Engineer has done and Methos can tell me how Kyle could handle them (or not). Attacking with nanobots (which can work at a subatomic level) was already brought up. She can make objects out of energy (or something green and glowy that looks like energy). I don't think those can be very complex like her mechanical creations though. She can make electrical storms and EMPs, take over other machines (even ones as simple as normal guns) create knives small enough to slip between or split apart atoms (used that to turn an army of supermen into clouds of dust) and of course energy blasts. Like Kyle she's only limited by her imagination (she never runs out of nanobots) so she can do whatever she wants, she just has to think of it. She could even launch a telepathic attack (don't know how the ring deals with that) since she's already created bugs that give her telepathy and can broadcast her thoughts.

And for defense, she's shrugged off atomic bombs at point blank and waved off nuclear warheads. Those are the biggest I can think of. She can do stuff with her body too, like making duplicates (I think 30 something is her max) or miniaturizing until she's smaller than bacteria.

#20 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

so this comes down to who has the better imagintion, than the comic book guys"kyle" wins

genius than to be dull,and one track.. but this is "imo"

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm... again, i'm not sure how the ring would deal with a nano attack...

my gut says it would be alright with it...

a telepathic assault would be quite lethal because GL's have no defense for them.

as for her attacking, i'm reasonably sure GL could take anything she dishes out...

M

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Angie is a comic book girl.

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, i reckon angie has a good imagination on her...

she did come up with a cure for cancer while staring into her hash browns at breakfast...

M

#24 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

If the GL had been Hal I would have picked him for the win with only a couple of minutes of thought, but Kyle is a more difficult oppoent to quantify as he lacks the experience and willpower of Hal but does have a certain creativity....

The Engineer can certainly come up with a myriad of ideas - complex but at the same time elgantly simple because of her education and background experience.

However for raw power output and the ability to cage people, GL's are virtually second to none.

Could Kyle simply encapsulate her in a solid emerald cube - preventing the egress of any atoms ?

Could he then crush her or is simple imprisonment enough ??

#25 Posted by Jacthripper (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump