Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik: They will be massing him like a zombie movie biting at him and trying to wrap them selves around him in a swamp The Lizard and his Reptiles have the advantage of Mobility so they can swarm around him faster then he can trudge through the mud "
Why would they have the ability of mobility? Is he wearing cement shoes? 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:

@Vance Astro: I have never heard of DD beating Lizard "

I just checked my scans.You're right.That's why I said "I think" because DD has beaten half of Spider-Man's Rouge Gallery.My point still stands though.DD only beat Wolverine because he was brainwashed.The fight stopped when he realized what he was doing not because DD knocked him out or anything and I still think DD can beat the Lizard anyway.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#203  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@erik: Snakes and gators move through the swamp better then us that is fact
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik: Snakes and gators move through the swamp better then us that is fact "
WE are not Wolverine. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik: Snakes and gators move through the swamp better then us that is fact "
They are just canon fodder in this fight.The distraction won't even be worth it.
Avatar image for ultimate_magneto
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@VictoriaGrey_2010: Hehehe. Very rare, but I've done it before once or twice too. And as far as the topic goes I don't see the wildlife helping too much. Wolverine has gone up against some pretty powerful foes and while he may lose against people like the Hulk and stuff, just going against them shows that pain and fear are the FURTHEST things from his mind in those instances. When he feels pain, he's going to kick it up a few notches. 

Again, I think it'd be an awesome fight, but the end result will be a heavily battle damaged Wolverine standing over a dead carcass... And given enough time, Logan will be back to full health.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@erik: Does not matter he still is not faster in the swamp then the creatures that evolution crafted to live there
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik: Does not matter he still is not faster in the swamp then the creatures that evolution crafted to live there "
Does that matter? They will still easily be in pieces provided the even get to do anything before Wolverine easily kills the Lizard.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik: Does not matter he still is not faster in the swamp then the creatures that evolution crafted to live there "
Prove it. Show me or reference a scan where Wolverine made mention of having trouble with any wilderness environment.
Avatar image for victoriagrey_2010
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok people this question is off the topic, but for those of you who might know the answer, please answer it,  
Who would win in a fight Jean Grey, or Raven? I think Jean would have a better chance, but i am not sure, lol
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: The OP says he can use em so why not they are all powerful enough to push Wolverine around none enough to kill him but when they are all biting coiling themselves around him and he is shredding them to pieces with his claws that that would be the perfect point for the Lizard to make his move
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: The OP says he can use em so why not they are all powerful enough to push Wolverine around none enough to kill him but when they are all biting coiling themselves around him and he is shredding them to pieces with his claws that that would be the perfect point for the Lizard to make his move "
You can't push someone around when they cut your hands off. 
Wolverine is faster than you're giving him credit for.A few quick swipes and the Lizard and Wolverine will be alone.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Erik
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: The OP says he can use em so why not they are all powerful enough to push Wolverine around none enough to kill him but when they are all biting coiling themselves around him and he is shredding them to pieces with his claws that that would be the perfect point for the Lizard to make his move "
You can't push someone around when they cut your hands off. Wolverine is faster than you're giving him credit for.A few quick swipes and the Lizard and Wolverine will be alone. "
Soon after that, Wolverine will be alone. 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: How is he easily going to kill someone who can dodge Spider-Man and knock Spider-Man around?

@erik: That is based off of science even the SAS and Navy Seals trudge through the swamps that is like saying provide evidence of Daredevil saying he can not breathe in space
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: How is he easily going to kill someone who can dodge Spider-Man and knock Spider-Man around?

The same way he easily put the claws to Spider-Man cutting his stomach up.He's fast enough to do it.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: How is he easily going to kill someone who can dodge Spider-Man and knock Spider-Man around?

@erik: That is based off of science even the SAS and Navy Seals trudge through the swamps that is like saying provide evidence of Daredevil saying he can not breathe in space "
No it is not. Wolverine spends his free time roaming around in places like that. A swamp is not entirely submerged in water. There are things that can be used and areas that are completely dry. In fact, a normal man can make it through a swamp without even getting wet. Wolverine can just do it better. 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: Spider-Man if wanted to could do way worse then that ot Wolverine on each encounter. Lizard is shown having Spideys agility speed and reflexes and if he gets a clean hit on Wolverine with his tail Wolverine is flat on his butt leaving the Lizard to pounce on him and start beating him with his tail or his super strength punches till he passes out. Or use Conner's knowledge of anatomy to stab Wolverine in the lungs leting them fill with blood till he passes out like Deadpool did
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: Spider-Man if wanted to could do way worse then that ot Wolverine on each encounter. Lizard is shown having Spideys agility speed and reflexes and if he gets a clean hit on Wolverine with his tail Wolverine is flat on his butt leaving the Lizard to pounce on him and start beating him with his tail or his super strength punches till he passes out. Or use Conner's knowledge of anatomy to stab Wolverine in the lungs leting them fill with blood till he passes out like Deadpool did "
Lizard getting in close is about the easiest way for Wolverine to win. Deadpool did that to Wolverine when his healing factor was fried.  It will not work on him now.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@erik: The Lizard has a healing factor to you know bullet holes closing up in under a minute and also a super thick hide bullet proof to most guns. The Lizard is getting extremely underrated
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik: The Lizard has a healing factor to you know bullet holes closing up in under a minute and also a super thick hide bullet proof to most guns. The Lizard is getting extremely underrated "
Bullet proof is not adamantium claw proof. 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@erik: I am aware of that but it means that more force has to be exerted to pierce it
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik: I am aware of that but it means that more force has to be exerted to pierce it "
Not really. Wolverine cuts through that sort of stuff like it is not even there all the time. Take for example titanium walls, guns, superhuman flesh, stark armor, etc etc etc.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Vance Astro: Spider-Man if wanted to could do way worse then that ot Wolverine on each encounter. Lizard is shown having Spideys agility speed and reflexes and if he gets a clean hit on Wolverine with his tail Wolverine is flat on his butt leaving the Lizard to pounce on him and start beating him with his tail or his super strength punches till he passes out. Or use Conner's knowledge of anatomy to stab Wolverine in the lungs leting them fill with blood till he passes out like Deadpool did "

How can Spider-Man do worse to Wolverine than what Wolverine can do with Adamantium claws? You are aware the only way Spidey has beaten him was keeping him from moving with webbing correct? The Lizard pouncing on someone of Wolverine's skill level is nothing short of ridiculous.World War Hulk punches Wolverine..3 good solid punches giving him brain damage and still didn't knock him out.How is the Lizard going to?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@erik: I am aware of that too but it is still a factor if they gut up close Wolverine gets his claws in Lizard's gut Lizard will not care he will heal  from it and he starts biting Logan's head smashing his brain against the side of his skull over and over again and hitting him with his tail and clawing at his flesh
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik: I am aware of that too but it is still a factor if they gut up close Wolverine gets his claws in Lizard's gut Lizard will not care he will heal  from it and he starts biting Logan's head smashing his brain against the side of his skull over and over again and hitting him with his tail and clawing at his flesh "
Why would Wolverine stop at the gut? 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: Half the time Spidey and Logan fight it is Spidey just trying to calm him down. If he wanted to Spidey could strip every peice of flesh off of Wolverine's adamantium skeleton. Wolverine has been knocked out by explosion. When WWH gave him brain damage he was out of the fight until Hulk was gone
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik: I am aware of that too but it is still a factor if they gut up close Wolverine gets his claws in Lizard's gut Lizard will not care he will heal  from it and he starts biting Logan's head smashing his brain against the side of his skull over and over again and hitting him with his tail and clawing at his flesh "
  • You may be overestimating Lizard's ability to heal damage compared to how much Wolverine dishes out on a regular basis. 
  • The only thing that will happen if Lizard bites on Wolverine's head is that Lizard will be looking to grow new teeth. Biting heads does not smash the brain against the skull over and over again. 
  • If Lizard tried to hit him with his tail, Wolverine only needs to stick his hands out and Lizard then has no tail. 
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By DaddyCool
@erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
  • You may be overestimating Lizard's ability to heal damage compared to how much Wolverine dishes out on a regular basis. 
  • The only thing that will happen if Lizard bites on Wolverine's head is that Lizard will be looking to grow new teeth. Biting heads does not smash the brain against the skull over and over again. 
  • If Lizard tried to hit him with his tail, Wolverine only needs to stick his hands out and Lizard then has no tail. 
"
These are what you call good points Wolverine FTW
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: Half the time Spidey and Logan fight it is Spidey just trying to calm him down. If he wanted to Spidey could strip every peice of flesh off of Wolverine's adamantium skeleton. Wolverine has been knocked out by explosion. When WWH gave him brain damage he was out of the fight until Hulk was gone "
1.That has nothing to do with Spider-Man's ability to dodge. 
2.Spidey ripping apart flesh is comparable to what Adamantium can do how?
3.Wolverine was out of the fight because Hulk launched him out of it not because he got knocked out.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: He would not stop there but Conner still has his claws he can keep ripping away at him 

@erik: When the Lizard is holding Wolverine's hands he will not be able to stop his tail
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#231  Edited By The_Martian
@erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
"
The biting I agree with, but Lizard is strong enough to Ko' Wolverine.  As for the other points:
1. The whole reason Lizard was even created was to regrow limbs. His healing factor could take care of what ever Wolverine dishes out.
2. Lizard has a greater reaction speed than Wolverine, and his fastest limb is his tail.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: Wolverine has been koed by less then that. His brain is still hitting against the side of his metal skull enough force will cause him to be KO'ed
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
"
The biting I agree with, but Lizard is strong enough to Ko' Wolverine.  As for the other points: 1. The whole reason Lizard was even created was to regrow limbs. His healing factor could take care of what ever Wolverine dishes out. 2. Lizard has a greater reaction speed than Wolverine, and his fastest limb is his tail. "
The Lizard IS NOT strong enough to KO Wolverine.When have you ever seen Wolverine knocked out by someone of the Lizard's strength? 
The Lizard CAN NOT take what ever Wolverine dishes out.I'm doubt he's ever regrown his head. 
The Lizard IS NOT that fast.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: Wolverine has been koed by less then that. His brain is still hitting against the side of his metal skull enough force will cause him to be KO'ed "
Let me know when you have reference to it.I hear people saying it but nobody mentions one instance.I named several instances where he has not been knocked out by greater than what the Lizard can dish out.
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By DaddyCool
@Nobody said:
" @erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
"
The biting I agree with, but Lizard is strong enough to Ko' Wolverine.  As for the other points: 1. The whole reason Lizard was even created was to regrow limbs. His healing factor could take care of what ever Wolverine dishes out. 2. Lizard has a greater reaction speed than Wolverine, and his fastest limb is his tail. "
1) That may be the reason he was created, but Logan would deal damage to him faster than he is capable of healing.
2) this hypothetical situation is them face to face ripping each other apart how would Lizard land a  decent shot with his tail in this situation. Is it that flexible?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus:  
Right. I forgot that Wolverine likes to have his hands held. 

@Nobody:  
  • Can he grow a new head?
  • Almost every hero or villain that Wolverine goes up against is faster or has a better reaction speed. That stuff does not seal it for Lizard. As for the tail swing, if Wolverine can dodge gunfire he can dodge the swing of a 90 mile per hour tail. 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I'll debate more and bump this tomorrow I have work at six
 peace goodnight!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" I'll debate more and bump this tomorrow I have work at six  peace goodnight! "
Alright.Peace SOM.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By The_Martian
@erik said:
" @Nobody:  
  • Can he grow a new head?
  • Almost every hero or villain that Wolverine goes up against is faster or has a better reaction speed. That stuff does not seal it for Lizard. As for the tail swing, if Wolverine can dodge gunfire he can dodge the swing of a 90 mile per hour tail. 
"
1. I would assume, no. But I don't believe it has ever happened to say for sure.
2. I'm not saying he couldn't avoid it. But Wolverine is more likely to get hit before Lizard does.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#240  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Do my eyes deceive me? Have the trolls left and this thread is open for a good debate again? Nice.

I stand by what I said before the troll strike. 

@Morpheus_ said:
"  

While the set up does give Connors a much needed advantage, Wolverine could potentially locate the Lizard before he managed to get the drop on him. Even if he doesn't, Connors' animalistic nature prevents him from devising and executing well thought out plans. And while the Lizard is physically superior to Wolverine, has greater reach and an extra limb, Logan  is durable enough to take the hits for long enough, until he manages to connect. Which, considering the Lizard's usual brawling approach is very likely. And, despite the Lizard's skin being bullet proof, adamantium will have no trouble penetrating it, at all. All in all, Curtis will have Wolverine work for it for a while, he could even corner/overwhelm him for a short time with some swift, powerful blows, but Wolverine takes this after a brutal fight.

"
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By The_Martian
@Morpheus_:  I think you forgot to consider that Lizard also has a powerful healing factor. So while yes Wolverine could connect, but Lizard is going to keep coming at him.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @Morpheus_:  I think you forgot to consider that Lizard also has a powerful healing factor. So while yes Wolverine could connect, but Lizard is going to keep coming at him. "
I did not forget it, Nobody. While the Lizard can regenerate from critical injuries within very short time frames, Wolverine does have the ability to put him down permanently, if need be. Also, note that I don't consider that fight to be as easy as others do. I just feel Wolverine would take the majority, despite several advantages the Lizard holds over him.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Erik
@Nobody:  
Do you have scans of the healing factor in action? I have no doubts he can heal from serious wounds. But so far, you have led us to believe that he can heal as fast as or faster than Wolverine. I would like to see this displayed. I only have a scan of him not being killed after having a steel spike plunged through his upper torso. We did not see him heal, only escape. As in the Lizard took one in the chest and decided he could no longer fight and ran away. Wolverine would do more than just stab him once.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By The_Martian

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Erik
@Nobody:  
Whoops! The person who gave me those scans told me that Lizard ran off and only gave me the first three. My mistake. 
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By The_Martian
@erik said:
" @Nobody:  Whoops! The person who gave me those scans told me that Lizard ran off and only gave me the first three. My mistake.  "
Oh yeah? lol
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Spider-man # 2, indeed. A great representation of the Lizard's healing factor. But, to be fair, swiftly as he recuperated and attacked Spider-man, the last scan comes 5-6 pages after the third one, even though in the issue's time frame, that was shortly afterwards.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Erik
@Nobody: Yes. But in that fourth scan, I still see a massive wound in the chest. Do you have the next set of pages to show that wound healed?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By The_Martian

Here is Lizard recovering from a massive explosion.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By The_Martian
@erik said:
" @Nobody: Yes. But in that fourth scan, I still see a massive wound in the chest. Do you have the next set of pages to show that wound healed? "
I do not, but as you can see in the one I just posted. He is all bloody and cut up when he comes out of the debrii, in the next panel he is fine again.