• 149 results
#101 Posted by progenitor (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I give this to Cap. 
#102 Posted by ComicStooge (12398 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ The picture of Cap kicking Punisher's @$$.

#103 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, Cap takes this one.

#104 Posted by Sebastian Dark (224 posts) - - Show Bio

cap wins this fight
#105 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" Shred Lizard should win this.  "
#106 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

current lizard or older lizard should win
#107 Edited by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

i was going to say Lizard,but Why so Serious`s pathetic argument makes me side with Cap so i wont have to agree with him

#108 Posted by progenitor (7534 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
"i was going to say Lizard,but Why so Serious`s pathetic argument makes me side with Cap so i wont have to agree with him "

LOL.
#109 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
" @Matezoide said:
"i was going to say Lizard,but Why so Serious`s pathetic argument makes me side with Cap so i wont have to agree with him "
LOL. "
i know
#110 Edited by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap wins this but not easily. He's gonna have to go for a knockout. Any other damge is only going to be superficial and shrugged off. He'll have a tough time dealing with the savagery of the attack initially,
especially coming from all angles ... claws, jaws, tail. 
This is one of those fights where Cap is looking all tore up and bloodied with his costume shredded in the end ... yet manages to come out on top by using his tactical advantage and his ability to think clearly. 
Cap will fight smart and this is what Lizard lacks, being wreckless is going to cost the Lizard when he recieves a few, well placed, punishing slams to the head from that shield. 

#111 Posted by pulamea (247 posts) - - Show Bio
@MzombieX said:
" Cap wins this but not easily. He's goinna have to go for a knockout. Any other damge is only going to be superficial and shrugged off. He'll have a tough time dealing with the savagery of the attack initially,especially coming from all angles ... claws, jaws, tail. This is one of those fights where Cap is looking all tore up and bloodied with his costume shredded in the end ... yet manages to come out on top by using his tactical advantage and his ability to think clearly. Cap will fight smart and this is what Lizard lacks, being wreckless is going to cost the Lizard when he recieves a few, well placed, punishing slams to the head from that shield.     "
no just no.the only way of killing the lizard is by slicing his head off.
sure captain america is america lol and surronded by pis but he should be really retarded to involve himself in such a fight
#112 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio
@pulamea said:
" @MzombieX said:
" Cap wins this but not easily. He's goinna have to go for a knockout. Any other damge is only going to be superficial and shrugged off. He'll have a tough time dealing with the savagery of the attack initially,especially coming from all angles ... claws, jaws, tail. This is one of those fights where Cap is looking all tore up and bloodied with his costume shredded in the end ... yet manages to come out on top by using his tactical advantage and his ability to think clearly. Cap will fight smart and this is what Lizard lacks, being wreckless is going to cost the Lizard when he recieves a few, well placed, punishing slams to the head from that shield.     "
no just no.the only way of killing the lizard is by slicing his head off. sure captain america is america lol and surronded by pis but he should be really retarded to involve himself in such a fight "

Don't get me wrong, the Lizard's a BEAST! That's why I gave him credit for tearin the hell out of Cap before he went down. Some have Cap taking this without a problem. 
I wouldn't exactly suggest to Cap to go looking for this fight if he didn't have to. That being said, I give Cap enough credit to be able to deal with the situation if he had to put the Lizard down. 
There's still something to be said for having rational thought and combat expertise. That shield can absorb a massive amount of damage and can dish out more than some give it credit for. 
From what I understand, it's said that Lizard's hide can shrug off small arms fire, but something of a high grade caliber can penetrate it. So he isn't exactly indestructable ... even with his healing factor. 
I think he may be able to be knocked unconscious, considering Cap's shield can shred through heavy metal when thrown with velocity.

#113 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's classic Lizard, then i would give it to cap after a good battle. 
=]

#114 Posted by pulamea (247 posts) - - Show Bio
@MzombieX said:
" @pulamea said:
" @MzombieX said:
no just no.the only way of killing the lizard is by slicing his head off. sure captain america is america lol and surronded by pis but he should be really retarded to involve himself in such a fight "
Don't get me wrong, the Lizard's a BEAST! That's why I gave him credit for tearin the hell out of Cap before he went down. Some have Cap taking this without a problem. I wouldn't exactly suggest to Cap to go looking for this fight if he didn't have to. That being said, I give Cap enough credit to be able to deal with the situation if he had to put the Lizard down. There's still something to be said for having rational thought and combat expertise. That shield can absorb a massive amount of damage and can dish out more than some give it credit for. From what I understand, it's said that Lizard's hide can shrug off small arms fire, but something of a high grade caliber can penetrate it. So he isn't exactly indestructable ... even with his healing factor. I think he may be able to be knocked unconscious, considering Cap's shield can shred through heavy metal when thrown with velocity.  "
animals know how to fight better than humans no matter of how much trained and skilled they are, it
#115 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio
@pulamea said:
" @MzombieX said:
" @pulamea said:
" @MzombieX said:
Don't get me wrong, the Lizard's a BEAST! That's why I gave him credit for tearin the hell out of Cap before he went down. Some have Cap taking this without a problem. I wouldn't exactly suggest to Cap to go looking for this fight if he didn't have to. That being said, I give Cap enough credit to be able to deal with the situation if he had to put the Lizard down. There's still something to be said for having rational thought and combat expertise. That shield can absorb a massive amount of damage and can dish out more than some give it credit for. From what I understand, it's said that Lizard's hide can shrug off small arms fire, but something of a high grade caliber can penetrate it. So he isn't exactly indestructable ... even with his healing factor. I think he may be able to be knocked unconscious, considering Cap's shield can shred through heavy metal when thrown with velocity.  "
animals know how to fight better than humans no matter of how much trained and skilled they are, it"

Really? ... because I have kept and bred a great deal of various types of snakes and lizards all my life. I've had several large monitor species and although they can be ferocious at times ... they are slow in the head. 
I love em ... but not the shiniest pennies in the fountain.
#116 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio
@pulamea said:
" @MzombieX said:
" @pulamea said:
" @MzombieX said:
animals know how to fight better than humans no matter of how much trained and skilled they are, it"

This is my Banded White Throat Monitor. His name is Wrath. He was between 4 and a half to 5 feet in length, here in this picture, and is over 6 feet long head to tail now.  
Unlike some others which tamed down very well and were like puppy dogs, for some reason this one kept quite the attitude. 
Nothing but 6 feet of lashing tail and talon and jaws. Beautiful animal though ... and he's lucky he's pretty. 
Although I promise you he is as dumb as they come. No coordinated fighting style of any kind. The Monitor is also considered the smartest of reptiles ... but that isn't saying much. 

#117 Posted by pulamea (247 posts) - - Show Bio
@MzombieX said:
" @pulamea said:
" @MzombieX said:
" @pulamea said:
" @MzombieX said:

This is my Banded White Throat Monitor. His name is Wrath. He was between 4 and a half to 5 feet in length, here in this picture, and is over 6 feet long head to tail now.  
Unlike some others which tamed down very well and were like puppy dogs, for some reason this one kept quite the attitude. 
Nothing but 6 feet of lashing tail and talon and jaws. Beautiful animal though ... and he's lucky he's pretty. 
Although I promise you he is as dumb as they come. No coordinated fighting style of any kind. The Monitor is also considered the smartest of reptiles ... but that isn't saying much. 

"
I don't know what your trying to point here.
Even that lizard from your image would fight if there would be other animal attacking it.
And look how feral the lizard(connors) is.He definatlly has animalistic instincts.It's more efficent than any training when it comes to a h2h fight belive me.
#118 Edited by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio
@pulamea:
Yes he's feral and yes he's aggressive, so is the one in that image, as I pointed out. He isn't docile in the least bit.  
The point is that you claimed "animals know how to fight better than humans no matter how much training or skill they have."  
Humans have been using their intelligence and tools to exploit the weakness in far more "physically" powerful animals for as far back as humanity goes. 
I think you overestimate the ability of the Lizard to think or fight with any kind of coordinated plan. Just like my pet here ... the Lizard often gets his prey in sight and simply rushes in with his mouth open. 
That is about the extent of his fighting capability. I respect his power ... but he's sloppy. You cannot compare that to one of the greatest H2H combatants in Marvel comics.
We are dealing with a creature that is fairly single minded in purpose and although it's instinct is to charge forward and kill, and is designed to do this very well , I have to disagree that this is impossible to exploit. 
The Lizard's mind is fairly primitive and dull. To say a very clear thinking and highly trained Super Soldier with the experience and skill that Cap has, along with the very best 
defensive weapon in Marvel comics as well as the skill to be able to use it with great offensive capability, cannot in any way get the upperhand on this beast ... is something we'll just have to disagree with. 
Cap is miles above in skill and discipline than this animal. If he were unarmed, I'd be more likely to agree with you that it wouldn't be likely. As it stands, that shield can go straight through a truck 
and can shrug off any punishment that anything can dish out. Cap has dealt with multiple enemies on a regular basis, often attacking him from multiple directions. He has dealt with better than Lizard.
I simply think he can find a way to take advantage of the situation.
#119 Posted by CapedCrusaider (114 posts) - - Show Bio

lizards can throw a car at him, lets c hw well cap's sheild does against that

#120 Posted by PirateKing69 (4290 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" Shred Lizard should win this.  "
"
#121 Posted by wanonalake (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: i know these are 3 year old posts, but man, i hope you've learned not to let bias cloud your judgment. I think you just dont like spidy ir anything to do with him. Have you ever read a spidey comic? If so, you would know better then to call him a "terrible fighter". I expect a MODERATOR to know better.

#122 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@wanonalake said:

@vance_astro: i know these are 3 year old posts, but man, i hope you've learned not to let bias cloud your judgment. I think you just dont like spidy ir anything to do with him. Have you ever read a spidey comic? If so, you would know better then to call him a "terrible fighter". I expect a MODERATOR to know better.

1.I wasn't a moderator 3 years ago.
2.Since this is from 3 years ago..I don't even have a clue what it is I even said in this thread.
3.I don't like Spidey? You wonder if I ever read a Spidey comic? Based on what? Because I said he's a terrible fighter? Until Shang Chi trained him..HE WAS! That's a fact.

#123 Posted by dondave (35935 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard

#124 Posted by GhostRavage (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

Im a little confused? Wasn't Lizard a high end street leveler who gives enough trouble to Spider-Man? Isn't he faster, stronger, tougher than Captain America?

#125 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

Im a little confused? Wasn't Lizard a high end street leveler who gives enough trouble to Spider-Man? Isn't he faster, stronger, tougher than Captain America?

If Cap is actually capable of hurting the Lizard. I'd say he's capable of beating him. Faster & Stronger are only tide turning advantages if you are able to execute.

#126 Posted by patrat18 (9445 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard.

#127 Posted by jashro44 (20511 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

If Cap is actually capable of hurting the Lizard. I'd say he's capable of beating him. Faster & Stronger are only tide turning advantages if you are able to execute.

Do you believe cap can hurt Lizard? Spider-man once hurt his hand punching Lizard.

#128 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Do you believe cap can hurt Lizard? Spider-man once hurt his hand punching Lizard.

I'm not sure. I think this was brought up already thought and my response was that if he uses his shield offensively he could hurt the Lizard. Cap has done some crazy stuff damage wise with that shield.

#129 Posted by i_like_swords (13818 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Caps best bet is attacking with his shield, but even at that, it won't be enough. Once the shield is out the game, so is Cap.

Lizard has just about every advantage you can think of barring fighting skill and I suppose gear.

Lizard should win with some irritation 10/10

#130 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Caps best bet is attacking with his shield, but even at that, it won't be enough. Once the shield is out the game, so is Cap.

Lizard has just about every advantage you can think of barring fighting skill and I suppose gear.

Lizard should win with some irritation 10/10

Lizard overpowers him and eats his head

#131 Posted by jesse1018 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to clarify a few things. Lifting 800 lbs is considered peak human strength, Cap is stronger than that.

Blunt force weapons (ie mace, hammer) were used to defeat medieval armor because the kinetic energy still transferred to the wearer. Even if one has healing factor, concussions still do damage, if nothing else, to your mental state.

The ferocity of Liz may overwhelm Cap, but despite slower movement speed, Cap has excellent reaction/reflexes. Usain Bolt will get knocked out by Mayweather any day of the week, despite size and speed advantange (or at least win a 12 round decision, lol).

Cap wins 7/10 IMO

#132 Posted by wanonalake (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: my bad, i thought you ment with his WOTS training. Yeah, he sucked befor that for sure. Still, i thought some more about this thread, it doesnt have enough info. No info on morals, location, which lizard/cap. If this is a straight uo fight im giving this to lizard. He fights spidy who is superior to cap in every phisical way. If cap had prep he would take this.

#133 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@wanonalake said:

@vance_astro: my bad, i thought you ment with his WOTS training. Yeah, he sucked befor that for sure. Still, i thought some more about this thread, it doesnt have enough info. No info on morals, location, which lizard/cap. If this is a straight uo fight im giving this to lizard. He fights spidy who is superior to cap in every phisical way. If cap had prep he would take this.

I don't know that the Lizard has fought Spider-Man after he was trained and 3 years ago, Spider-Man wasn't trained. The point I was making by bringing up Spider-Man's lack of fighting skill is that the Lizard would have an easier time competing with Spider-Man because they only match physicals. Spider-Man is written a way where he doesn't exploit all of his advantages because just being honest aside from a more current version of the Lizard, he doesn't even have enough advantages over Spider-Man to even give him a good fight considering Spider-Man's showings overall. The Lizard is physically above Captain America but Cap has beaten characters with better stats than the Lizard who are actually decent fighters so the fact that the Lizard fights Spider-Man doesn't necessarily mean he can beat Cap. Cap himself can and has fought Spider-Man.

#134 Posted by JetiiMitra (8371 posts) - - Show Bio

@wanonalake said:

I don't know that the Lizard has fought Spider-Man after he was trained and 3 years ago, Spider-Man wasn't trained. The point I was making by bringing up Spider-Man's lack of fighting skill is that the Lizard would have an easier time competing with Spider-Man because they only match physicals. Spider-Man is written a way where he doesn't exploit all of his advantages because just being honest aside from a more current version of the Lizard, he doesn't even have enough advantages over Spider-Man to even give him a good fight considering Spider-Man's showings overall. The Lizard is physically above Captain America but Cap has beaten characters with better stats than the Lizard who are actually decent fighters so the fact that the Lizard fights Spider-Man doesn't necessarily mean he can beat Cap. Cap himself can and has fought Spider-Man.

Didn't they (Lizard and Spider-man) fight in "No Turning Back?" From what I heard, Pete got kicked to the curb, and that was well after Shang Chi's training.

#135 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

Didn't they (Lizard and Spider-man) fight in "No Turning Back?" From what I heard, Pete got kicked to the curb, and that was well after Shang Chi's training.

I didn't read "No Turning Back". I wouldn't know.

#136 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

#137 Posted by wanonalake (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Was that the one where lizard had the ability to control anyones mind, not just lizards?

#138 Posted by JetiiMitra (8371 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Was that the one where lizard had the ability to control anyones mind, not just lizards?

Yes, via the reptilian part of their mind, somewhat like Aquaman and species evolved from marine life. Still, that's a different form of the Lizard and not the one from the OP, so I probably shouldn't have brought it up. Although I do think Lizard wins anyway.

#139 Posted by SheenLantern (6453 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojjimbo said:

Cap gets ripped to shreds and dies.

QFT

#140 Edited by spideyvslizard (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard would beat Captain America easily. Captain America's shield could not penetrate Lizard's skin and even if it could Lizard would regenerate. Lizard has 12 tons of strength while Captain America has only 880 lbs. of strength. Lizard is also much faster than Captain America, not to mention his newest telepathy power, but even the old Lizard would destroy Captain America. Lizard would win easily!!!

#141 Posted by Man-Of-Steel (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Captain America.

Good Guys always win.

#142 Posted by Wolverine08 (40585 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch.

#143 Posted by highaccuser (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch.

I don't think no turning back was out at the time this thread was made, so not really.

#144 Posted by VenomousTaco (678 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard was being so underrated at the beginning of the thread.

#145 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes post shed lizard unbeatable?

#146 Posted by force_echo (850 posts) - - Show Bio

The first thought I had when I looked at this thread was "wow, this is a really good fight that I would actually like to see!" Then I go on the thread and most people say that this is a stomp one way or another, that's ridiculous. The people who say Cap stomps are severely underrating the raw speed, strength, durability, and ferociousness that Lizard brings to the table. The people who say Lizard stomps are vastly underrating the tactical ability, agility, and shield capabilities of Cap. I estimate Cap to be about Spider-Man level physical stats-wise (I don't care what the Marvel Handbook says about Cap being peak human, no writer in history has written Cap like that). Therefore, Cap can win depending on the environment. If there is enough opportunity to improvise and use the environment to his advantage such as cover, environmental hazards, etc., then Cap can take this, if not, Lizard eventually does, but it won't be easy either way.

#147 Posted by w0nd (3210 posts) - - Show Bio

@force_echo:

if you read the Kaine Vs Lizard thread they have examples there

how he was able to speed rush spider man even though he had spider sense,

Hurting his hand when punching the lizard, so on.

They also pointed out he never actually beat the lizard by simply fighting him, he had to trick him and cure him or use something else to his advantage

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/spider-man-battle-of-the-week-scarlet-spider-vs-lizard/1100-148724/

#148 Edited by jashro44 (20511 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@force_echo:

@ninjawarrior268 said:

if you read the Kaine Vs Lizard thread they have examples there

how he was able to speed rush spider man even though he had spider sense,

Hurting his hand when punching the lizard, so on.

They also pointed out he never actually beat the lizard by simply fighting him, he had to trick him and cure him or use something else to his advantage

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/spider-man-battle-of-the-week-scarlet-spider-vs-lizard/1100-148724/

It should be noted that was post no turnning back lizard.

#149 Posted by Wolverine08 (40585 posts) - - Show Bio

The first thought I had when I looked at this thread was "wow, this is a really good fight that I would actually like to see!" Then I go on the thread and most people say that this is a stomp one way or another, that's ridiculous. The people who say Cap stomps are severely underrating the raw speed, strength, durability, and ferociousness that Lizard brings to the table. The people who say Lizard stomps are vastly underrating the tactical ability, agility, and shield capabilities of Cap. I estimate Cap to be about Spider-Man level physical stats-wise (I don't care what the Marvel Handbook says about Cap being peak human, no writer in history has written Cap like that). Therefore, Cap can win depending on the environment. If there is enough opportunity to improvise and use the environment to his advantage such as cover, environmental hazards, etc., then Cap can take this, if not, Lizard eventually does, but it won't be easy either way.