The Lich King (Arthas Menethil) vs Sauron

KooKidzKlub666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KooKidzKlub666

Round 1- Both of them and there entire armies clash in a battleground of open plains.

Round 2- Lich King and all his forces of the scourge assault mordor.

Round 3 - Sauron and all his forces assault Icecrown

Round 4- 1v1 fight to the death (both fully bloodlusted)

vicory for round 1 is whichever force can outlast the other in prolonged battle.

victory for rounds 2/3 goes to if one force can siege the others Citadel or not.

round 4 is the one who kills the other

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ssejllenrad

Lich King is on par with Witch King. Not Sauron.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By Joygirl

Lich King in an absolutely absurd spitestomp, each round.

CosmosTyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CosmosTyrant

Lich King in a easy fight. And Lich King can res his army in the instance they die.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Joygirl said:

This, I haven't seen much from Suaron to say he can take him one on one or with his entire army.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shawnbaby
@ssejllenrad said:

Lich King is on par with Witch King. Not Sauron.

Just because they have rhyming names it doesn't make them the same.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Shawnbaby: Rhyming names? Really? Lich King is a human king that got corrupted by a malevolent device. So is the Witch king. Sauron is different. He is a corrupted Maiar, an unkillable semi-divine creature to begin with.

Ok, I'll give it to you that Arthas will pretty much win in battles just because he can resurrect his army. That is an issue regarding the differences in their worlds. But in a one-on-one battle, Sauron in his most powerful would own Lich King a million times over.

KooKidzKlub666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KooKidzKlub666

i vote for LK in all cases. i wanted to see others opinions. LK takes this because every one of the soldiers that die on either side are going to be reanimated under his control. as for 1v1 Frostmourne is going to leech Saurons soul and feed it to the lich king so with every succesive strike Sauron weakins and Arthas Strengthens.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@Joygirl said:

Depends on the version:

Age 1 Sauron: Stomps (Planet Buster)

Age 2 Sauron: Stomps (Reality Warper)

Age 3 Sauron: Probably loses

There's 3 versions of Sauron, Arthas can only beat one as Sauron is well beyond his abilities in the other versions. As there's no version stated then its generally assumed they are fighting at the height of their power. Thus Sauron clicks his fingers and erases Arthas from existence wining all rounds.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shawnbaby
@ssejllenrad said:

@Shawnbaby: Rhyming names? Really? Lich King is a human king that got corrupted by a malevolent device. So is the Witch king. Sauron is different. He is a corrupted Maiar, an unkillable semi-divine creature to begin with.

Ok, I'll give it to you that Arthas will pretty much win in battles just because he can resurrect his army. That is an issue regarding the differences in their worlds. But in a one-on-one battle, Sauron in his most powerful would own Lich King a million times over.

That was Arthas as a Death Knight...before he became the Lich King, at that point in time you could make the comparison between him and the Witch King. He got a pretty major Upgrade when he became the Lich King. I'm not saying Arthas is necessarily Sauron Level...but the Witch King doesn't have nothing on the Lich King.
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Strider92 said:

@Joygirl said:

Depends on the version:

Age 1 Sauron: Stomps (Planet Buster)

Age 2 Sauron: Stomps (Reality Warper)

Age 3 Sauron: Probably loses

There's 3 versions of Sauron, Arthas can only beat one as Sauron is well beyond his abilities in the other versions. As there's no version stated then its generally assumed they are fighting at the height of their power. Thus Sauron clicks his fingers and erases Arthas from existence wining all rounds.

Incorrect, sir. With no version stated the assumption is that it is the most recent version of the character... not whatever the most powerful version is.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@Shawnbaby: Really? I always thought it was fighting to the best of their ability?

In that case its 3rd age Sauron who probably loses.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Strider92 said:

@Shawnbaby: Really? I always thought it was fighting to the best of their ability?

In that case its 3rd age Sauron who probably loses.

That's part of it. The whole thing is listed in the Battle Forum Rules: 

Be Specific About Fights

I think this is probably the most important rule, and when it’s followed, many other problems go away. When starting a battle you need to be specific about how everything is going to go down. This includes a lot of factors. A lot of posters just type "fighter 1 vs fighter 2, who wins?" and they're done. Putting just a little effort into it can sort out a lot of questions that pop up later. You can determine if the characters involved are acting in character (like they normally would as their personalities dictate), if they are “bloodlusted” or anywhere in between, how much time they get before the fight (prep), where they're fighting, what gear they have with them, which incarnation of the character, any power limitations, etc, etc. It really isn’t hard to flesh out the battle a little and it goes a long way.

Writing some options again to make sure they’re easy to see:

In Character or Bloodlusted

Prep Time or No Prep Time

Setting (time, location, bystanders, available resources, etc)

Gear (standard weaponry/gadgets/items, unarmed, special weapons)

Character Version (current version, original, alternate universe, etc)

Extra Rules (time limits, boundaries, what counts as win)

When these things are left out it’s generally assumed that characters are fighting to the best of their ability but still within the limits of their personality, using their standard gear, have no prep time, and are their current versions. Their starting distance is close and the setting is most often a city. Without any specifications to a battle, those are what we go by. It’s always best to give as much information about the fight in the first post.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@Shawnbaby said:

and are their current versions.

Ah ok thanks for the correction i'll remember that in future. Although current Sauron is dead lol(guessing you go by the last living version).

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Strider92 said:

@Shawnbaby said:

and are their current versions.

Ah ok thanks for the correction i'll remember that in future. Although current Sauron is dead lol(guessing you go by the last living version).

Yeah. I think the rules should be changed to "..and are their current or more recent versions..."
Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthas should take this with not much of a trouble.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yup, this is a stomp for Arthas every round.

WARMACHINEROX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this even a question? Sauron stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet buster Sauron . . .

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider1992: uh actually. Most

Current version would be Sauron at the End of time for dagor dagorath. Who helps morgoth to destroy the universe. Morgoth fights against illuvatar and the valar and wins while Sauron fights all the maiar and wins.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current version would be Sauron at the End of time for dagor dagorath. Who helps morgoth to destroy the universe. Morgoth fights against illuvatar and the valar and wins while Sauron fights all the maiar and wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dagor Dagorath is more of a prophecy for the end of the world. Current Sauron is dead.

And isn't Dagor Dagorath competely non canon?

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: it's in Tolkien tales. That book is canon last I checked. Prophecy or not it is the destined future. And Sauron isn't dead. He literally cannot die. He is in the same place as morgoth unfortunately. In the void.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: He was never sent to the void. Isn't he just wandering around as a spirit so weak he can't do anything?

And the prophecy never happened, afaik. If it's only a tale of what would happen it shouldn't count as a version. And I'm pretty sure Melkor loses in the end.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: he wasn't sent. But when the balrogs died they went to the void with morgoth to await the end of days.

Dagor dagorath. I believe it's going to happen because it's mentioned rather often. So I balrogs go to the void why wouldn't Sauron? And we know he gets in there somehow as in Dagor dagorath he walks out with morgoth. And yes morgoth fatally wounds illuvatar after destroying Arda and the sun and they both cease to be.

Illuvatar gets all sad about it and is like you were my favourite. And morgoths like we can die together. And they do. Nothing is written about what happens after.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: It did but Tolkien died before he could write it I believe

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogueshadow  Moderator

Melkor and Sauron lose Dagor Dagorath and they lose quite spectacularly... plus, it was pretty much annexed by Tolkien.

Sauron isn't a planet buster, none of the Maiar are, they are bound in physical forms and weakened immensely for it, people think because they sang the universe into being they have cosmic powers when they do not, for example Gandalf was, for all intents and purposes, bound in the form of an old man, it was his form in the same way the Elven form housed their spirit. Of course, Maiar had much magic and were powerful, but they were still weakened by their physical forms, they weren't planet busting Gods. This was made clear many times by Tolkien.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette:

And yes morgoth fatally wounds illuvatar after destroying Arda and the sun and they both cease to be.

Okay, I need some quotes for this, because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever . . .

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: why does it not make sense? I basically quoted it except for the chit chat part. Oh are you one of those that think illuvatar is omnipotent? He isnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: why does it not make sense? I basically quoted it except for the chit chat part. Oh are you one of those that think illuvatar is omnipotent? He isnt

Even if he isn't, Melkor shouldn't be powerful enough to damage him. I heard in other places that it was like a mental wound for having one of his children betraying him.

And the guy above said that he lost badly in the end, so I need some quotes here . . .

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By noah_ouellette

@jucaslucasa: Why? Morgoth was created with the powers of all the other valar. He was basically lucifer. He was meant to be the best of the best. And for that he betrayed illuvatar. And he was he wounds him. But if it helps I should point out morgoth regains all his lost power in the void and gets more powerful feeing on his anger against eru. I'm not finding the quotes Tolkien quotes take eight years to find. Illuvatar did not die morgoth die but he was severely wounded.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By arqe

Sauron's last physical form isn't all that powerful.

It took ;

Light's blessing,

Tirion Fordring , one of the first and one of the most powerful paladins who ever lived on Azeroth who also equipped with Ashbringer at that time,

All the souls that trapped in the Frostmourne,

25 Adventurers ( players )

to take Lich King down. So i'm pretty sure Arthas will have no problem with Sauron.

Also Sauron lost the war and his physical form because of a papercut ...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rogueshadow  Moderator

Morgoth defeating Eru would completely undermine the entire cosmology of Tolkien's Legendarium, nothing Melkor does can ever harm or even disrupt Eru and that's the tragedy and irony of Melkor, he works to undermine Iluvatar at every step, yet in doing so only furthers his grand design. He's not seeking to dominate like Sauron, but to destroy all the works of God, but he never can and anything he does destroy only further adds into the tapestry weaved or the 'music sung' by Eru.

"And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite. For he that attempteth this shall prove but mine instrument in the devising of things more wonderful, which he himself hath not imagined."

- The Silmarillion.

Thus spoke Mandos in prophecy, when the Valar sat in judgement in Valinor and the rumour of his word was whispered among all the Elves of the West. When the world is old and the Powers grow weary, then Morgoth, seeing that the guard sleepeth, shall come back through the Door of the Night out of the Timeless Void; and he shall blacken the Sun and the Moon. But Eärendil shall descend upon him as a white and searing flame and drive him from the airs. Then shall the Last Battle be gathered on the fields of Valinor. In that day, Tulkas shall strive with Morgoth, and on his right hand shall be Eönwë, and on his left Túrin Turambar, son of Húrin, returning from the Doom of Men at the ending of the world; and the black sword of Túrin shall deal unto Morgoth his death and final end; and so shall the Children of Húrin and all fallen Men be avenged."

- Morgoth's Ring.

Avatar image for hoboswagginssidekick
HoboSwagginsSidekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad:i dont think ive heard a funnier thing on this site. Full power Lich King would dominate Sauron 11/10. At the end of ICC, it took the power of the light (which made the big bang along with the void) to break his weapon, not even kill him but just break his weapon. He casually froze possibly the most powerful paladin to ever exist (although Turalion could have a case there too) and in a single attack annihilated 25 of the most powerful people to ever exist on Azeroth (who have defeated draconic gods, demon lords, elemental lords and freaking OLD GODS). And that was a weakened Lich King who had 1% of his power. He can cut an arrow in half while on horseback (he had to see an arrow coming at him, reach for his sword and pull it out, find the arrow again and perfectly cut it in half.) He would easilly defeat Sauron, let alone with his army.

P.S i know this is an old thread but i dont care, i just had to defend my boi arthas

Alastor0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Alastor0

Sauron would destroy Lich King

heigara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah Sauron is way above not only the scoure but even the jailer and the eternal ones altogether, he would passively curse the lich king from his own place and end most of the verse too, as others have said it would be more fair to put the lich king against the witch king rather than sauron