The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vs Team.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By GhostRavage

The team consists in:

Nightwing, Daredevil, Bane, Sand Man and Deadshot.

Rules

Win by KO or incapacitation.

Standard equipment.

Both teams get 2 days of Prep.

Dorian Gray and Tom Sawyer are included for the League.

<3

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The league stomps. Mina can solo. dorian gray can solo. mr hyde can solo.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GhostRavage

@chibi_cute: I don't think it would be that easy, Sand Man, Daredevil and Deadshot would be very hard to beat, they are very good in his area. Can you elaborate pls?

rd2race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think It would be a decent fight. Daredevil would wreck the invisible man and should be able to dodge nemo's harpoon chain guns, knightwing could handle quartermain and sawyer pretty easily. Bane vs Mr. Hyde would be an epic fight! especially if its new 52 bane. Hyde probably has the strength and durability advantage and is definately nastier. Bane has the skill and speed to hang with him though. I see deadshot going down to mina or getting torn in two by hyde. However The team wins 8/10 because of two factors. Prep and Sandman. Bane has prep feats greater than anyone on the league. and no one on the league can KO or incapacitate Sandy. He would drown half the team in sand before the rest of the team had to engage. The only person who would have a chance is Nemo if we count the Nautalus (has water cannons) as his standard equip even then they would have to lure sandy close to water that wasn't a beach.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd2race: Nice... Anyway, i forgot to state the location of the fight, what location could be a good one for both teams to have 50/50 chances? i think i have a good one but ill wait for your opinion ;)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mina can't kill Sand man but he has a better chance killing her. Dorian Gray can't be killed but i never heard he can't be choked out or succumb to pressure points. at the very least any of them can incapacitate them just by overpowering him. Maybe you are thinking of old Bane. New Bane is super human. add that to his skill and he takes down Hyde.

Sandman solos. those he can't kill he can hurt. they can't even harm him

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: I don't think it would be that easy, Sand Man, Daredevil and Deadshot would be very hard to beat, they are very good in his area. Can you elaborate pls?

How can they beat dorian grey and mina who can't die? they will get tired and worn out then dorian empales them.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chibi_cute

@pooty said:

@chibi_cute said:

Mina can't kill Sand man but he has a better chance killing her. Dorian Gray can't be killed but i never heard he can't be choked out or succumb to pressure points. at the very least any of them can incapacitate them just by overpowering him. Maybe you are thinking of old Bane. New Bane is super human. add that to his skill and he takes down Hyde.

new bane pre 52 bane?

How can bane hurt mr hyde? could you show some scans? that could show that he has enough strength striking power and durability that can outmatch mr hyde.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@chibi_cute said:

new bane pre 52 bane?

How can bane hurt mr hyde? could you show some scans? that could show that he has enough strength striking power and durability that can outmatch mr hyde.

I think I can show scans. But what feats of strength and endurance does Mr. Hyde have that you saw? So i know what to show scans for. I don't remember the movie too well. I thought he was caught by 2 normal humans?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: In the movie he gets caught by a few of the League and surrounded by 11 persons keeping him chained, anyway, he proves in the climax that he's around 25 toner with very nice durability. However these are the comic versions of them, if you don't know much about them, search for Alan Moore's comic about them.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: It says incapacitation aswell in order to give the Team a chance to actually pull the win. They don't need to go for the kill to win this battle.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@chibi_cute said:

@pooty said:

@chibi_cute said:

new bane pre 52 bane?

I think I can show scans. But what feats of strength and endurance does Mr. Hyde have that you saw? So i know what to show scans for. I don't remember the movie too well. I thought he was caught by 2 normal humans?

Loading Video...

Hyde was taking punches that can smash concrete simultaneously .Gets thrown around smashing concrete.And managed to go toe to toe with a stronger opponent before his serum ran out.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I have both volumes of the comic. but as i said i don't remember specific details. i remember hyde getting blasted by the alien and surviving for a while. what was the 25 ton feat? toppling one of the alien things or something else?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: My bad. Completely forgot about that fight. Bane can't hurt Hyde. Sandman would have to take him out

@chibi_cute: It says incapacitation aswell in order to give the Team a chance to actually pull the win. They don't need to go for the kill to win this battle.

even if it were kill, both teams would have at least one member standing

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing bane DD and deadshot dies here the only problem here is sandman.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Actually, you are able to be more informed than me because i don't know much about the comic versions and i don't have the volumes... However, the "around 25" maybe less feat i was referring was from the movie, that fight chibi showed you. You should read the volumes again so you can show me some stuff too :)

I made this thread mainly because i wanted to know more about the League. I mean, it's f*cking Alan Moore lol...

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I don't recommend books often but i got the first 2 volumes off of amazon.com and half.com. they are well worth it. the 3rd one and the Black Dozzier you can do without. but get the first 2 if you can

true

rd2race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@ghostravage: I don't recommend books often but i got the first 2 volumes off of amazon.com and half.com. they are well worth it. the 3rd one and the Black Dozzier you can do without. but get the first 2 if you can

@chibi_cute said:

true

I agree that the first two books are pretty good but fairly graphic (has some sketch sex stuff so be warned).

There seems to be a fairly drastic difference in comic and movie versions. I don't remember dorian gray being in the books. hand to hand quartermain and mina are both non-factors. However, mina is a vampire in the books but doesn't show extreme strength or mega vampire powers in the books. In the movie doesn't she have impressive strength and speed feets? Hyde is quite similar in both. I was going off my impressions of the comic versions when comparing them with the marvel and DC characters. In the books they don't exactly stack up (feats wise) with some of the mainstreamers.

comic quartermain, mina, sawyer and invisible man have shown me nothing in the way of hand to hand or skill that would let them stack up to nightwing, bane, DD, or even deadshot. The big guns for the league are Hyde, Dorian grey,Nemo (if he gets his gadgets), and mina (but only if its movie version).

Hyde was tearing down giant tripod robots in the book with some trouble and tanked quite a few disintegrating rays before he was killed. I would agree he is probably around a 25 tonner and has durability probably just below luke cage because of a decent healing factor. Bane wouldn't be able to take him straight up but could keep him busy long enough to get help from any other character who could defeat the before stated characters fairly quickly and incapacitate Dorian. Nemo has some crazy guns and respectable hand to hand but his real power comes from his submarine which has some pretty awesome firepower, water jets, and fighting tentacles. If nemo doesnt get the sub then he would eventually fall to someone of DD or NW's capabilities.

Again if they are away from the water sandman (if he's not jobbing should be able to take any of them one on one,maybe solo). Unless its sand man vs the Submarine which could get interesting.

So I think this is handily in favor of the TEAM