spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By spidey 15
@Crom-Cruach:  

not at all, if he can't come up with a tactic so blatantly evident with his powers and equipment like webbing Steve's shield he shouldn't be a super-hero. This isn't good tactic, it's webbing use 101.  

It's the use of his webbing in a tactical way. Just like Steve uses his shield in a tactical way. Not be difference as you can see. 

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's stupid or PIS. regular humans have survived in the real world falling from planes at 1100 meter altitudes. Do you know the impact power of such a drop? Steve and Bruce aren't regular humans, they are peak humans. It makes sense and it's consistent with every bit of their history. Hate it all you want, it is not stupid and neither is it PIS   

I also know real human are dying from falling from buildings or from car accidents. A non super-human like batman and Steve who always has been hurt by normal humans like crossbones, bane and others, will somehow survive from a punch that can lift over 10 tons is beyond me. 

With his attributes Peter should have left street level long ago, he hasn't. Enough said.   

That point is meaningless. He didn't leave the street level because he is holding back. If he wasn't, he would leave it for sure. 

your point?     

My point is that, Spidey does not only survive because of his powers. Spidey survives because of his tactics and intellect. Half of his rogues can not even be harmed from his powers as you know. 

I'm not underestimating him. I'm speaking the truth. Peter is a terrible fighter and tactician who keeps up because of his powers. When someone accomplishes more, all the time with less. He is better, that is all.   

Accomplishes more. Let me know, when cap has ever faced someone with a danger sense, webbing and amazing agility and all these powers at their best. 
I guess, i will never take an answer on that, becuase Steve has never faced someone like a bloodlusted spidey. 

I like Peter, he was the 3rd super-hero I started reading a long time ago. But this rampant shenanigans about him holding back is ridiculous. It's an ingrained fact of the character that he is not a good fighter and that he relies entirely on his powers. People have to get over it and accept it. He ain't that good in skill and instinct. Doesn't make him a bad or uninteresting character. But there's no denying where he is in the food chain.

Sorry, i have already  explained you that spidey is holding back. Spidey stated that he didn't want to fight cap during civil war. Spidey didn't chase him after the fight have ended. Spidey stated that he holds back in other fights. Even his villains know that he holds back and they have stated it. Do you really need more? 
When, he beats people like iron fist and DD, why skill is what makes him so terrible? 
Is the fact that he holds back, that makes him so terrible and they superior fighters take the chance to utilize their skills against him. But when he does not hold back, he beats skilled people like Kingpin. 

there's a difference between being unskilled and tactically challenged and being an idiot. Also read the statement that led to that comment again. Because I don't think you caught the meaning behind it.   

I've read your statement and you stated that spidey is not a total idiot after i said that he outsmarted cap. 

yeah two times with all these superior attributes. Only strenghtens my point.   

Too bad that the other times, it were the circumstances that allowed to DD to win and nothing else. =P 

Peter is so cocky and unskilled I don't see anything like what you describe here happening. Steve has fought better time and again in his Avenger and solo runs. 

Ok, let's see.  

Spider-sense: 
This sense it basically make him unpredictable since he can dodge hits that he can not see and he can dodge before he even thinks 

Super agility: 

Super speed/ reflexes 

I want you to notice that spidey had dodged a bullet after it is fired and then the bullet reached a point blank distance and then Peter dodged it. 

Spidey fighting at his best 

Seriously, if spidey is fighting at the best of his ability without holding back, i don't see how cap will beat him. Spidey has amazing reflexes combined with a sense that can make him unpreditcable. Add his amazing agility, webbing and strength, and cap will go down with one hit. I know he is skilled and amazing tactitian, but this won't be a big help when he is facing a superior in speed and agility, opponent that can drop you with one hit. 

Kingpin is nowhere near Captain America's level in fighting and tactical ability. And by all good writing DD, Cap and Punisher should never have any trouble against him.   

The point is that when he was not holding back, he beaten an opponent that in the past has beaten spidey, because he was holding back. 

yes he would, without skill he'll make predictable clumsy mistakes and go down just like everyone else who doesn't fight with tactics. 

He has been unpredictable even without skills( check the scans ). 
=]
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@spidey 15 said:
" I also know real human are dying from falling from buildings or from car accidents. A non super-human like batman and Steve who always has been hurt by normal humans like crossbones, bane and others, will somehow survive from a punch that can lift over 10 tons is beyond me."

Getting hurt by something and losing to that same thing is two different things.
@spidey 15 said:
"Accomplishes more. Let me know, when cap has ever faced someone with a danger sense, webbing and amazing agility and all these powers at their best. 
I guess, i will never take an answer on that, becuase Steve has never faced someone like a bloodlusted spidey."
Check Steve's track record, especially his best Avenger and solo series. He has faced more powerful opponents then Spider-Man many, many times.
@spidey 15 said:
" Do you really need more? "
actual evidence of how better he is when "not holding back" against credible opponents in his power range. Never happened before.
@spidey 15 said:
"Seriously, if spidey is fighting at the best of his ability without holding back, i don't see how cap will beat him."
Same way he's beaten every other super-powered opponent he's beaten with superior fighting skill, tactical ability, instincts and experience.
@spidey 15 said:
" Add his amazing agility, webbing and strength, and cap will go down with one hit. I know he is skilled and amazing tactitian, but this won't be a big help when he is facing a superior in speed and agility, opponent that can drop you with one hit.  "
Peter won't drop Steve in one hit, Steve has taken punches from far stronger opponents and gotten back up on multiple occasions. And he fights much smarter.
@spidey 15 said:
"
The point is that when he was not holding back, he beaten an opponent that in the past has beaten spidey, because he was holding back. "
an opponent not in Cap's league, no proof of anything.
WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By WoundingFactor

Just thought I'd weigh in here on puny Parker...

The guy's been a superhero since he was a teenager, but he still fairly often loses against low-tier opponents. Think about that for a second. Read it again, and then ask yourself "is it even remotely reasonable for him to lose as often as he does?" This is a guy who has had years of fighting that should have trained to be a lot better than he is. You can't even put his losses down to holding back, and you can't put them down to him just being weak, either given what his powerset actually is. So, how has this genius superhero managed to keep getting embarrassed and not really become a better fighter, despite the fact that fighting is a large part of his life, especially against people with the superpowers needed to fight him? 

It's the writing. Spiderman is written as the "win-some-lose-some-everyman". He's a down-on-his-luck photographer. His entire sales pitch is that people can relate to him fairly easily.
 That's why we don't see much in the way of real progress out of him. That's why this science prodigy with the proportionate strength of a spider never gets into some heavy weightlifting, to better increase the amount of lifting he can do, despite the fact that he's been in situations where things were just too heavy. It's why we never see him trying to get some more hand-to-hand combat training, despite the fact that he's surrounded by colleagues who would be happy to educate him, and despite the fact that he has gone up against plenty of characters strong enough to cancel (or worse) his strength advantage.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By spidey 15
@Crom-Cruach:  

Getting hurt by something and losing to that same thing is two different things.

Cap will be hurt by spidey's punch and he will be dropped at the same time without PIS included. 

Check Steve's track record, especially his best Avenger and solo series. He has faced more powerful opponents then Spider-Man many, many times.   

I never see him fight someone with a danger sense that make him unpredictable, with spidey's agility and webbing.  
ABC logic does not apply here. Cap has faced opponents without these advantages. 

actual evidence of how better he is when "not holding back" against credible opponents in his power range. Never happened before.   

1) Dodging a bullet from a short distance that was moving 4000 feets per second.
 2) Beating a team that included speed demon, answer, spot and others. Spot alone had given trouble to spidey before. Now he was beaten and easy. 
3) Beating an opponent without much trouble and without being harm. An opponent that in the past had humiliated him. 
4) Almost killing shriek

Same way he's beaten every other super-powered opponent he's beaten with superior fighting skill, tactical ability, instincts and experience.   

You have seen my scans, right? 
Spidey at his best, he can be unpredictable and fast enough to dodge cap's hits. Also he can be strong enough to drop him with one hit, PIS aside. 
 And cap has never faced an opponent with spidey's powers being used at their best. 

Peter won't drop Steve in one hit, Steve has taken punches from far stronger opponents and gotten back up on multiple occasions. And he fights much smarter. 

Spidey, who was strong enough to lift trains, buses, cars will not be able to drop someone who does not even have super human durability and has been hurt by far weaker opponents. As i said, PIS aside, cap will be dropped with one hit. 

an opponent not in Cap's league, no proof of anything. 

The point was other. When spidey is at his best, he beats opponents, who in the past has humiliated him. 

Also, we are debating something off-topic. We should debate in a PM or i should bump a cap vs spidey thread and make a new OP. I don't want to ruin K4tz's thread. 
=]
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@spidey 15 said:
"    Also, we are debating something off-topic. We should debate in a PM or i should bump a cap vs spidey thread and make a new OP. I don't want to ruin K4tz's thread. =] "
I think we should just drop it, neither of us are going to budge and neither of us have shown anything to convince the other.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By spidey 15
@Crom-Cruach: Agreed. Also it was a nice off-topic debate, I had fun. 
=]
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@spidey 15: yes :)
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By spidey 15
@Crom-Cruach: =]
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

So... The biggest debate here has been Spidey VS Cap? LOL
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@k4tzm4n said:
" So... The biggest debate here has been Spidey VS Cap? LOL "
apparently, sorry about that.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Crom-Cruach:
eh, you've kept this thread on page 1... So thanks, hah.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Crom-Cruach: eh, you've kept this thread on page 1... So thanks, hah. "
still I have a tendency to go-off topic often I appologize.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By spidey 15
@k4tzm4n said:
" So... The biggest debate here has been Spidey VS Cap? LOL "
I apologize. It was my fault too. 
=[
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Crom-Cruach:
@spidey 15:
Appreciate it.  I know CC is siding w/ Bats, what about you, Spidey?
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By spidey 15
@k4tzm4n: I have stated that Kraven might win.  
=]
AjaxZeroXV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Honestly, I'd have to give this one to the Bat-Family.

Considering Batman for this point is that he knows over 200 different types of martial arts and has his own form of martial arts. he has peak physical ability and is arguably the most powerful JLA member. although he is definitely the most experienced and skilled. he has beaten far worse than Kraven the Hunter and his family. With all my knowledge of most characters Batman would take this single handedly.

Jason todd is a very powerful attribute to Batman and is extremely skilled also. I have never been a big fan of Jason Todd as Robin OR Red Hood but granted, he is practically second to Batman.

Dick Grayson is also Extremely well trained. its at this point in i think, hasn't Batman trained some of the greatest fighters and heroes in the DC Universe. Dick Grayson the boy wonder Robin at a relatively young age and was at the top of his game for all of his fighting types and his other abilities such as detective work, parkour etc. He is not as well a tracker like Batman.

Don't know anything about Tim Drake (Apparantly hes a whiny bitch)

As for the Kraven family i understand that they have these animalistic superpowers, but Batman, Dick Grayson and Red Hood have all beaten worse.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason oneshots them :P