• 145 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Aseptic (297 posts) - - Show Bio

who wins?

#2 Posted by Teufelherz (10 posts) - - Show Bio

thats easy The Joker

#3 Posted by The Informant (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker everytime, Luthor doesn't have the advantage of being totally insane.

#4 Posted by The Informant (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker everytime, Luthor doesn't have the advantage of being totally insane.

#5 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Realistically Luthor, hes got the money and the know how, yes I'd love to say Jokeer but i dont think so

#6 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

The Informant says:

"Joker everytime, Luthor doesn't have the advantage of being totally insane."

Luthor knows when to get serious, Joker is so dead.

#7 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure this happened in an animated movie. Joker betrayed Lex, kidnapped him and started leveling Metropolis with a giant flying wing that fired thousands of missiles. It was glorious.

#8 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

a mad man is seriously more dangerous than a normal one. Joker wins

#9 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Lex with all that money he could just get loads of his own Insane people. It would be hard though seens as Joker is so smart and thinks everything out, but then Lex does.

#10 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Lex in the sense that he'd find a way to manipulate and out-smart the Joker. It wouldn't be easy because Joker although insane, is also very smart; but Lex is used to having to match wits with other intellects. If it was an unarmed fist fight in a prison, I'd still give it to Lex because he works out and has martial arts training.

#11 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both Mad Men they just have different dramatic esthetiques. Lex is more socially functional than Joker but still mad. ex's armament is made to combat Supes and Joker Bats.Upperhand Lex.

#12 Posted by Dormammu (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... Lex wins. Joker may be more insane than Lex, but whats insanity when ur going up against a semi mad man, who is a billonaire, not to mention a genious.
Post Edited:2007-10-31 20:49:44

#13 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

the Jokester always has a trick up his sleeve

#14 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"So does Lex. Luthor wins. "

well I'm sure he had alot of prep time for that

#15 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

So does Lex. Luthor wins.

Moderator
#16 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"I just like seeing Wonder Woman and Black Canary all tied up :P"

So do I, so do I :P

#17 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao, he had a tone of help. I just like seeing Wonder Woman and Black Canary all tied up :P

Moderator
#18 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Lmao, he had a tone of help. I just like seeing Wonder Woman and Black Canary all tied up :P"

lol, ur right. Screw this topic, I like the ladies

#19 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO. D remember that one time we stayed up till like 3am posting in that famous chick thread? Hahahaha, good times.

Moderator
#20 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"LMFAO. D remember that one time we stayed up till like 3am posting in that famous chick thread? Hahahaha, good times."

Yup, those chicks were fine as hell man. Good times I tell ya, the good 'ol days.

#21 Posted by The Dave (142 posts) - - Show Bio

This has actually already happened.

Lex can't handle the Joker at all. The guy just turned up in his limo and offers to kill Superman,
and freaking Batman has to save Supes,
Later he betrays lex and flies around blowing stuff up while Lex is tied up watching.

I give this to Joker

#22 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dave said:
" This has actually already happened.Lex can't handle the Joker at all. The guy just turned up in his limo and offers to kill Superman, and freaking Batman has to save Supes,Later he betrays lex and flies around blowing stuff up while Lex is tied up watching.I give this to Joker "
Wasn't that in the cartoon?
#23 Posted by The Dave (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
"
@The Dave said:
" This has actually already happened.Lex can't handle the Joker at all. The guy just turned up in his limo and offers to kill Superman, and freaking Batman has to save Supes,Later he betrays lex and flies around blowing stuff up while Lex is tied up watching.I give this to Joker "
Wasn't that in the cartoon? "
Yup, versions of Joker & Lex weren't specified
#24 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

If they weren't specified then we use the mainstream comic versions. Lex can kill the Joker whenever he wants.

#25 Edited by Ultimate Magneto (1189 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex would win.  An organized evil is always more dangerous than a chaotic evil.  With the Joker, you already know that he's a nutcase.  But with Lex, you would never know if he's playing friendly or being for real.  He's cool and calculating, while Joker is expected to lose his cool.  Another example is comparing Lex to a mob figure, while the Joker is like a regular street thug.  i  would say the mob figure is smarter and more dangerous.

#27 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to have to go with Lex....arguably the smartest villian in comics(or at least smartest human villian) which is even more impressive outsmarting the JL, Superman, other villians at times etc. Joker is a joke in comparison(no pun intended) but Lex wouldn't let Joker get near him if he didn't want to. Both are human, one is just psychotic and out of his mind. The other is a smart, keen and evil sociapath.

#28 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor.

#29 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthor.

#30 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

joker

#31 Posted by Spawn Godslayer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex... Dispite the money.. He's a smart fellow..

#33 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex in every possible way but being a nut job

#34 Posted by chunjacktao (334 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even think they are in the same league here.
#35 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Without a battle-suit? Joker.
#36 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

joker
#37 Posted by Little_Miss_Kitty (113 posts) - - Show Bio

... Is this in a hand-to-hand battle or is there prep time??? 
With Prep time: Luthor 
Without: Joker
#38 Posted by DedmanWalkin (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

In most battles, mainstream character versions are used with standard equipment. Lex is a respectable dude in a suit while Joker is a dude in a suit with a revolver, an electric joy buzzer, an acid flower, and Joker gas. Joker is better equipped for death at all times than Lex Luthor.

#39 Posted by inferiorego (22983 posts) - - Show Bio

  ...    

Staff
#40 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
@chunjacktao said:
" I don't even think they are in the same league here. "
yea.  Lex destroys him.
#41 Posted by rondoudou (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@WindCloud said:

Lex would win. An organized evil is always more dangerous than a chaotic evil. With the Joker, you already know that he's a nutcase. But with Lex, you would never know if he's playing friendly or being for real. He's cool and calculating, while Joker is expected to lose his cool. Another example is comparing Lex to a mob figure, while the Joker is like a regular street thug. i would say the mob figure is smarter and more dangerous.

not really chaos is far more dangerous since you NEVER know what might happen and havent you read jokers last laugh that when he got serious.......

#42 Posted by Goku1fan (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teufelherz said:

thats easy The Joker

#43 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

So does Lex. Luthor wins.

Sorry to bumb an age old thread but man the writers or illustrators obviously did that on purpose

#44 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthor.

As for Lawful Evil vs Chaotic Evil. Lawful Evil builds empires. Chaotic it depends on how much raw power.

#45 Posted by trollinator (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker

Joker is pure evil, then again the same can be said about Lex Luthor, but Joker carries guns. He could shoot Luthor dead.

#46 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing about joker is, he never dies. He always comes back. He can cheat death. Lex is not really insane, but he is power hungry to the point is reaches insanity. Lex could win if he has prep, but joker will come back. Joker would win without prep.

#47 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

@PurpleCandy said:

@Gambler said:

So does Lex. Luthor wins.

Sorry to bumb an age old thread but man the writers or illustrators obviously did that on purpose

It's EdBenes so yes it was intentional.

@trollinator said:

Joker

Joker is pure evil, then again the same can be said about Lex Luthor, but Joker carries guns. He could shoot Luthor dead.

Luthor keeps his power suit close,he can wear it like the symbiote.Luthor stomps.

Online
#48 Posted by Dextersinister (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Epicbeast3000 said:

The thing about joker is, he never dies. He always comes back. He can cheat death. Lex is not really insane, but he is power hungry to the point is reaches insanity. Lex could win if he has prep, but joker will come back. Joker would win without prep.

That's plot armour and both characters have it but it isn't worth anything on the battles forum, the fact that it is far more noticeable with the Joker to such an extent that he has the trope named after him shows what an ineffective character he is when PIS is factored out.

The Joker doesn't come close to Luthor mentally and wouldn't stand up to him physically. The randomness factor is a weakness and not a strength, the only way you can be unpredictable to a strategist like Lex or Batman is to take the crap option.

#49 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister:

I don't know,in technical terms or by logic Lex wins. But the way joker is portrayed, he is just far more scarier.

#50 Edited by Dextersinister (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Epicbeast3000 said:

@Dextersinister:

I don't know,in technical terms or by logic Lex wins. But the way joker is portrayed, he is just far more scarier.

The Joker is a scarier character because he goes after everyday folk like me and you with no rhyme or reason but it's nothing really to do with how effective he is.