#1 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just curious, for anyone who's read The Initiative #13 -- how likely is the Battles Forum to be flooded by "Butterball vs.

I'll get the ball rolling:

Butterball vs. Midnighter

Butterball vs. Batman

Butterball vs. Juggernaut

Butterball vs. Superman

I think, provided there's no telepaths, no one can beat him! I mean, he can't beat anyone else, but that's not the point, is it?
Post Edited:2008-05-21 23:22:57

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the cut of your jib. In fact my admiration of your jib is so great that I will still be thinking of it well into the night. Everyone! Gather around this man and let us worship his jib as a crude idol. I think Butterball will be a fun character and his powers should keep him around and alive for a while. I'd rather have the forums filled with threads about him than with the threads about Juggernaut and Doomsday we seem to be seeing so much of lately. Of course Superman and Juggernaut could BFR him (if it's allowed) and Batman (if forced) and Midnighter could easily destroy his mind with psychological torture.

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

What can Butterball do? His page is lacking info....

#4 Posted by Danko (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't that the fat guy who is pretty much invincible, but can't do anything back..?

In any case, it would pretty much be a stale-mate against any character.. grins

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Two fat people sitting around unable to hurt each other? That's my kinda fight!

#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Two fat people sitting around unable to hurt each other? That's my kinda fight!"

LMAO

#7 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

how about butterball vs blob back when he had powers?

#8 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

i think ultimate blob would actually eat butterball.

#9 Posted by fesak (7046 posts) - - Show Bio

He's completely invulnerable? Doesn't sound so useless to me, he would be perfect for rescue missions or they could use him as a human shield.

Come to think about it he has the same powers as Otis from Heroes for Hire.

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think he'd be useful for rescue missions. He's too much a klutz to be used as anything but a human shield and his weight would probably make that a problem. And even though he can't be hurt, he can still be contained or restrained. They should do what they did with the Scarlet Spiders and have Taskmaster download moves from fighting moves after putting him on a strict diet and exercise program.

#11 Posted by Danko (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Don't think he'd be useful for rescue missions. He's too much a klutz to be used as anything but a human shield and his weight would probably make that a problem. And even though he can't be hurt, he can still be contained or restrained. They should do what they did with the Scarlet Spiders and have Taskmaster download moves from fighting moves after putting him on a strict diet and exercise program."

Actually, don't know if it's true, but i read somewhere that he couldn't lose weight anymore. Don't exactly know the reason why, but i'll see if i can find that info somewhere.

#12 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hank Pym theorized that he might be able to lose weight after years of dieting -- of course, he might be the skrull Pym, so his dieting regime is questionable.

I think I have a new favourite character. The scene ripped out of "Full Metal Jacket", with all the trainees beating the crap out of him in his sleep, and him not even waking up, had me crying I was laughing so hard.

Buckshot, I agree with the whole BFR thing. But any fight to the death is his, man! He just has to sit down and wait!

#13 Posted by Danko (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, doesn't he need food & water and air? Then he isn't that invincible really

#14 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, doesn't need to breathe, or eat. They made that point in the issue, when he complains he can't swim, and his teammate tells him it doesn't matter.

I think the most awkward part is that he also doesn't feel anything, so he has no sense of touch, which might explain why he's so clumsy, and why it doesn't matter if he ever gets a girl.

sigh Poor Butterball.