• 71 results
gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dondave said:

He should be more worried with protecting himself. Telepathy have been used to stop him from being able to use his power.

When was that?

This is odd because Eye of Agamatto , among other thing, is a strong protection from telepathic attacks.

In the Infinity arc Strange was being mind controlled almost the entire time.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By dondave

@claymore1998 Xemnu used his telepathy to block Strange's ability to use magic. Even recently it was commented that Strange doesn't protect his mind and it was therefore easily read.

No Caption Provided

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@dondave: I am unaware of the Xemu instance and this is what happened immediately after in the so called recent encounter.

This is like the second time you have quoted an out of context event in a conversation with me.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Claymore1998

@gav said:

He wasnt mind controlled, Hickman even confirmed the said character doesnt even have telepathic ability of any sort, and was simply a very influential person when it came to communication. The builders later even snuffed out a parasite that has been planted inside Stephen's body when they met.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav said:

He wasnt mind controlled, Hickman even confirmed the said character doesnt even have telepathic ability of any sort, and was simply a very influential person when it came to communication. The builders later even snuffed out a parasite that has been planted inside Stephen's body when they met.

I missed that part, thanks for the correction. I assumed it was TP.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dondave

@claymore1998 It's not out of context. I didn't say that Strange lost the fight. I said that he had his mind read, which he did. Your scans don't change that.

What was the first time?

As for Xemnu

Defenders 12
Defenders 12

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav said:

I missed that part, thanks for the correction. I assumed it was TP.

No problem.

I do not know the Xemu instance Don is referring to though, so i cant comment. Unless he is outright missing his eye of agamatoo this seem rather weird given Moondragon is every bit a much more accomplished telepath than Xemu.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

illuminati both rounds.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 thedailybagel  Moderator

Isn't Bruce banner part of the illuminati as well?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Claymore1998

@dondave said:

@claymore1998 It's not out of context. I didn't say that Strange lost the fight. I said that he had his mind read, which he did. Your scans don't change that.

What was the first time?

How is it not out of context when the so called Dr. Fate's analogy simply presumes his mind is ungraded and pretend to teach him followed by getting outright owned.

The first time was when during Kang vs Ultron thread where you brought up Ultron Proof Sentries and ignored the part where Ultron outright take control over 15,000 Sentries.

I'll get back to you on Defenders # 12 stuffs, because i cant recall what happened. But from same era (since the argument for odd reason was classic feats arent allowed but this seems to be ok), a being labelled the "champion telepath of their dimension" tried to TP Stephen and got owned.

And a weakened Stephen, devoid of all his artifacts, likewise pretends to be vulnerable to telepathy and simply takes over the telepath who was trying to TP him.

P.S. Even the Defenders # 12 scans are really iffy. Firstly Stephen was already knocked out together with Valkarie before the said mental blocks were even put in place.

Stephen also immediately after using his telepathy to free Hulk from his Xemu's control and presumably even protect Hulk from Xemu telepathy.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1. I do believe Blackbolt has strong TP resistance, add in Xavier who has arbuably much much finer control of TP and is at least a deterrent battling Despero, it can provide enough time for current strange to bFR or do something to Despero, but ultimately I see it being a difficult for Desperor in a random Encounter and he could probably win.

Round 2: From what I'm reading in Avengers, I daresay there is no team better at prep than them in Comics, especially now that they have Banner, Beast and T'Challa. It's almost unfair what they can do.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@claymore1998: I listed the issue, Defenders 12

I did read it and replied against it. Stephen was already knocked out before the said mental blocks were even put in place. Even then Stephen immediately next page is able to use his own telepathy (which of course is derivative of magic) to free Hulk from Xemu's control and seemingly even protect him from his telepathy.

I am finding it hard to understand how this is use-able here when Strange isnt even knocked out to being with nor did that even deprive him of his telepathic prowess.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Bruce banner part of the illuminati as well?

He is kind of in a "consultant" role with them. They have got the best brains in Marvel U and they invented some nasty stuff that could damn near solo all of DC Earth.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By RealityWarper

Round 1: Despero

Round 2: Reed Richards solos

+1 (leul)

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 thedailybagel  Moderator

@ironshinobi88: I'm pretty sure I remember him reconciling with them and joining them.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team both rounds. Strange is mvp.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 depends on who Desparo hits first. If he strikes at Black Bolt and Namor, who can take a beating, it gives time to Prof X and Strange to take him out.

Round 2: Prof X for the distraction, Strange for the overkill.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998 His mind was unguarded. It was how the Norn found out that there was another bomb. Him later being defeated by Strange doesn't take away from the fact that he had no problem reading Strange's mind.

I wasn't out of context then either. The Sentries were Ultron proof. Ultron had to knock out Wraith and take over Praxagora. It was Praxagora and Wraith who'd made the Sentries immune. By knocking out Wraith the effect of his Exolons dissipated and used Praxagora to reverse to take control of Sentries.

Strange being unconsciousness wouldn't have affected any shields he put in his mind. Strange didn't protect Hulk from Xemnu's telepathy. Xemnu didn't use telepathy, he used a mento blast, it's a concussive force.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

gonna agree with everyone else prior to my comment.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Claymore1998

@dondave said:

@claymore1998 His mind was unguarded. It was how the Norn found out that there was another bomb. Him later being defeated by Strange doesn't take away from the fact that he had no problem reading Strange's mind.

Reading someone's mind and being able to take down someone with telepathy are two different things not to mention we know Strange is a genuine telepath. One statement taken from an instance where Strange totally owns the other, being somehow used against him totally seems like taking it out of context to me.

I wasn't out of context then either. The Sentries were Ultron proof. Ultron had to knock out Wraith and take over Praxagora. It was Praxagora and Wraith who'd made the Sentries immune. By knocking out Wraith the effect of his Exolons dissipated and used Praxagora to reverse to take control of Sentries.

I.e. The Sentries were not Ultron proof. I mean how hard is it to understand that. The reason the Sentries were even labelled so was because Praxagora was taking control over them. Ultron then took control over Praxagora and then the Sentries.

I dont see how that wasnt misquoted out of context either.

Strange being unconsciousness wouldn't have affected any shields he put in his mind.

Basis of this assumption? Why would being conscious and unconscious not make a difference. And if that was the case why would Xemu go into the trouble of tricking him, and then knocking him out before puting a plot driven mental block.

Its not made clear in the issue that is why i said "presumably", what however is made clear is the fact that Strange, even in a weakened condition used his telepathy to free Hulk from Xemu mind.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998 The fact that Strange beat him doesn't take away form the fact that he had no problem reading Strange's mind. Martian Manhunter is also a genuine telepath, Despero still had no problem taking over his mind.

They were immune because of Wraith. Praxagora made sure they were all linked up. It was Wraith being knocked out that made them susceptible to control. So again, not out of context.

Telepathic shields act independent of the user. If his shields were so great him being conscious or unconscious wouldn't have affected their ability to protect his mind. Take for example Martian Manhunter; even while unconscious he was able to keep a group of White Martians out of his mind.

Xemnu didn't trick Strange. He just had his lackeys knock him out to prevent him from trying to escape.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@claymore1998 The fact that Strange beat him doesn't take away form the fact that he had no problem reading Strange's mind. Martian Manhunter is also a genuine telepath, Despero still had no problem taking over his mind.

Again reading someone mind and saying their mind isnt protected, which however is inconsistent to Stephen's history anyways, and ignoring what happened later seem like taking it out of context to me.

Martian Manhunter is a genuine telepath, but so is Stephen. Disadvantage for Despero being he is facing 2 telepath whose offensive capabilities match that of the Martian. They have enough in them to defend against a telepathic onslaught, at least long enough for Strange to start casting spells.

They were immune because of Wraith. Praxagora made sure they were all linked up. It was Wraith being knocked out that made them susceptible to control. So again, not out of context.

They were immune because an external entity was taking control over them, Ultron took over them regardless after bypassing the said external control.

The very fact that Ultron from that point on goes around controlling those very 15,000 Sentires as his lackey does make the assumption that those were Ultron proof incorrect / taken out of context.

Telepathic shields act independent of the user. If his shields were so great him being conscious or unconscious wouldn't have affected their ability to protect his mind.

Give me a single shred of evidence that this is how telepathic abilities of a mystic user work. Had this been the case why would Xemu need to trick Stephen and knock him out before attempting to put the said mental block, which still did not prevent Stephen from using telepathy, which you seem to conveniently gloss over.

White Martians arent mystics neither is Martian Manhunter. A more pertinent example would be how Stephen was able to rip past Ancient One's telepathic resistance when he was knocked out.

Xemnu didn't trick Strange. He just had his lackeys knock him out to prevent him from trying to escape.

He tricked Stephen by pretending to be human and had innocent people attack him which took Stephen by surprise. He was first knock out, then the said mental block were even placed.

Even after that Stephen was using telepathy just fine.