• 78 results
#51 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @Son Of Storm: he did?well i dont know everything about X-Men,so i cant answer,i just said that because i have never seen Storm freeze someone's brain directly or reach any close to absolute zero (with Iceman can and has done with easy),maybe he just wanted to learn more from her experience to become a better X-Man rather than a "can you taught me how to freeze well?" lessonbut hey,maybe i am wrong,i am not an old X-Men reader "
She's gone Sub-Zero levels within the blink of an eye, and localized.  I doubt that reaching absolute Zero within the same scale would be difficult.  Also, a LARGE amount of opportunities were available after she revealed that she can manipulate elements within tiny objects, and the human body.  One last thing, he said that he wanted her tutoring because their powers were so similar.  Didn't go into detail, but because of her natural affinity to the weather, she was an ideal choice.
#52 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

Also didn't she freeze the tames river all the way from The Savage Land

#53 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
"@Matezoide said:
" @Son Of Storm: he did?well i dont know everything about X-Men,so i cant answer,i just said that because i have never seen Storm freeze someone's brain directly or reach any close to absolute zero (with Iceman can and has done with easy),maybe he just wanted to learn more from her experience to become a better X-Man rather than a "can you taught me how to freeze well?" lessonbut hey,maybe i am wrong,i am not an old X-Men reader "
She's gone Sub-Zero levels within the blink of an eye, and localized.  I doubt that reaching absolute Zero within the same scale would be difficult.  Also, a LARGE amount of opportunities were available after she revealed that she can manipulate elements within tiny objects, and the human body.  One last thing, he said that he wanted her tutoring because their powers were so similar.  Didn't go into detail, but because of her natural affinity to the weather, she was an ideal choice. "

hum..i see,thanks for clearing it for me White
#54 Posted by shonen2 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm can win this but the earth loses no matter who wins.

#55 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@shonen2 said:
" Storm can win this but the earth loses no matter who wins. "
if she crushes him, there won't be any harm done.
#56 Posted by Winduizcool (775 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sleuth said:
" Storm "

#57 Posted by Obtrusive (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm would douse torch

#58 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

Winner:Storm.

#59 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

This battle was won long ago!!!!

#60 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (591 posts) - - Show Bio

torch is way to quick for storm

#61 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

torch is way to quick for storm

...... proof?....she murders him in the power department AND she can outfly him

#62 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10646 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe:

I believe flight speed wise HT is faster than Storm. The old handbook had her faster than him at first, but he has had canon feats since then that has given him super-sonic speed IIRC. It does given him a window to speed-blitz, but Storm clears a majority over HT, as he doesn't fight in combat at this speed. He has normal human reaction speed and fights at a typical human level speed, and is vulnerable to her powers and attacks while she can counter his.

#63 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8473 posts) - - Show Bio

storm stomos

#64 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

HT stumps

#65 Posted by Storm Calling (3613 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderbolt30: If he's faster I don't think by much. Storm's personalized jet streams have been able to keep up with Canonball, who can also fly at supersonic speeds.

#66 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10646 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderbolt30: If he's faster I don't think by much. Storm's personalized jet streams have been able to keep up with Canonball, who can also fly at supersonic speeds.

True and I only recall the speed showing for him in 1 book. I don't think it would make a difference in the end. Storm is the superior and more intelligent combatant between the two and would definitely clear a majority against HT.

#67 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe:

I believe flight speed wise HT is faster than Storm. The old handbook had her faster than him at first, but he has had canon feats since then that has given him super-sonic speed IIRC. It does given him a window to speed-blitz, but Storm clears a majority over HT, as he doesn't fight in combat at this speed. He has normal human reaction speed and fights at a typical human level speed, and is vulnerable to her powers and attacks while she can counter his.

oh i see...him flying faster than her still doesn't help him :)

1) a moonson

2) wind storm

3) blizzard

4) hurricane

5) airpressure

6) removal of the oxygen molecules....and thats IF shes feeling lazy

excellent post TB :P

#68 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

HT stumps

1) a moonson

2) wind storm

3) blizzard

4) hurricane

5) airpressure

#69 Posted by patrat18 (10144 posts) - - Show Bio

HT.

#70 Edited by Thanofleeze (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire needs oxygen to burn. Can't Ororo just suck the oxygen out of the area?

#71 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

HT.

1) a moonson

2) wind storm

3) blizzard

4) hurricane

5) airpressure

@thanofleeze yes she can...unfortunately for johnny

#72 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

HT.

1) a moonson

2) wind storm

3) blizzard

4) hurricane

5) airpressure

These all take time. HT can blast her in the face very quickly with fire.

#73 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@patrat18 said:

HT.

1) a moonson

2) wind storm

3) blizzard

4) hurricane

5) airpressure

These all take time. HT can blast her in the face very quickly with fire.

before of after she counters that blast with a wind burst? last time i check all she has to do is think any of said phenomena and behold....its not like the movie where she takes 10 seconds for her eyes to glow and another 10 for lightning to flash or clouds to form then another 10 before it manifests into a full fledged tempest...

#74 Edited by Roddy010 (5306 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm already defeated Torch in Contest of Champions Vol. 2

#75 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

Storm already defeated Torch in Contest of Champions Vol. 2

THANKYOU!!! and wouldn't storm have the edge on him BECAUSE SHE CAN SEE ENERGY? she would perceive the energy as heat and adjust to suit...she sees his heat start to increase and a rain would douse him...or just drop the temp low enough and combine it with winds...

#76 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10646 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

None of those attack options take time to execute. She has generated a tornado in the time it takes to blink.

#77 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

unless HT has an attack that would cover the battle field (where storm has many) i see him loosing....BADLY

#78 Edited by PastePotPete (593 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

I'd like to see her burn actually

hater or no hater storm wins this 9/10

sorry to bring this oldey thread back