#1 Posted by kryptosaiyan (8 posts) - - Show Bio

ACE

The Human torch

thoughts ?

#2 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

human torch is very "squishy" and lacks training but he probably burns a little hotter. It all depends on who gets the first strike

#3 Posted by kryptosaiyan (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkelf35: agreed ace is a little better trained at hand to hand i think if johnny couldnt melt him ace would win

#4 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

Question: Is Ace vulnerable to fire?

If the answer is "no" then Ace wins due training, if the answer is yes then Jonny.

#5 Posted by kryptosaiyan (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: varibles gotta love em

#6 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he IS vulnerable to fire but i am not sure if Torch's Fire blasts would hurt him that much. I think that ace is a little faster and he has better stamina + his Haki is strong enough to probalby do hand to hand Torch has the advantage that he can fly around and has great AOE flame attacks

#7 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Ace mastered his logia fruit pretty damn good and that the fire logia gives the character more power than Human Torch has it. I still think that Human Torch would win. It probably wouldn't be a short fight and Human Torch would have two advantages: 1) his ability to fly and 2) water, which would render Ace helpless. Chances are high that Human Torch would take the fight to a sea to depower them both, when he would realize that he is on the shorter end of the fire fight. I guess he would try to brawl it out then, but the water would defeat Ace instantly.

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Torch.

#9 Posted by Hyperlight (5510 posts) - - Show Bio

i was under the impression that Ace not only controls fire but can become it as well... and that puts him at a certain advantage being ethereal and what not. HT takes it with raw energy output....

#10 Posted by BlackWind (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Ace does become fire, all Logias do with their element. However Ace's fire has more feats for concussive force than heat. Torch can possibly burn Ace out like Akainu did with his magma since Torch's fire is waaaaaaaay hotter.

But if Ace's fist touches Johnny, its over.

#11 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

Ace should win due to his versatility within the element of fire and also his H2H skills.

#12 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving this to Ace. While it's true that Akainu's magma burned Ace, that's more due to Devil Fruit magic (i.e., when two Devil Fruits of the same element interact, the 'superior' element trumps the lower one, in this case Magma being superior to Fire) Torch won't be able to burn Ace, and Ace can't burn Johnny. So this'll come down to hand to hand. In which case, we've got a relatively in shape mid-to-late twenties male who has just had his one power rendered useless, versus a super strong individual who is not only USED to fighting people his powers don't work on, but actually learned how to fight WITHOUT his powers. So Johnny goes down relatively easily, Ace prepares to walk off, but falls asleep instead.

#13 Edited by Simon_the_digger (2853 posts) - - Show Bio

Hiken No Ace Dies again, Torch's Nova was twice the heat of the sun, it even hurt a Celestial, Ace can't handle heat like that .

#14 Posted by dondave (34615 posts) - - Show Bio

Torch ftw

#15 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkelf35: AOE flame attacks??? what are those?

#16 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty tough to choose here. Ace could just become Flame, so Johnny's attacks wont do any harm to him, as long as Johnny doesn't get haki And luffy to get in the way somehow :p On the other hand, it's possible for johnny to be physically damaged, right? So giving this to ace.

#17 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptosaiyan said:

@Deadcool: varibles gotta love em

Huh... Sorry what?

#18 Posted by Mortein (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I think Ace could win this even without his DF powers

#19 Posted by The Stegman (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

Draw.

#20 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Ace, he can turn into fire, and he destroyed several 1-200 meter ships in a row with a simple blast, later he incinerates a whole village.

#21 Posted by YoungChief (308 posts) - - Show Bio

A punch from a de-powered Ace would one-shot johnny, the concussive force from his fire fist is also pretty ridiculous, I say Ace takes this one