who would win?

Deep Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Deep Blue

Actually, I would say that Sandman could. Is just that I have the idea of him turning into sand and getting inside of his oponnent's body, then he'll just mess with'em from the inside. If you come to think about it, if Sandy would do that, he would probably kill most of the Marvel Heroes like that

Deep Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Deep Blue

Post Deleted.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Martian

I don't know what kind of damage Hulk could actually do to a person made of sand. I see most of his attacks going right through not causing any harm.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The only attack Hulk has that can actually hurt Sandman is a thunderclap but that would only disperse him for a short time. Sandman can shred his skin off or get inside him and tear him apart, but that would only slow Hulk down. Maybe if he sanded him down to nothing but bone that would work, but Hulk wouldn't stay still that long. Stalemate.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Satyrquaze

Mud, while capable of a lot of things is not princaply known for becoming hard enough to maintain it's structure as it is thrown into space.

Besides, Sandman is also sporting sleeping gas these days, Hulk is historically prone to those sorts of attacks.

"HULK SMASH... HULK... H-Hulk sleepy... Hulk could sleep forever...ZZZzzzzzz..."

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Superkitty
Sandman could just wait until Hulk goes to sleep, and get him in his dreams ... oops wrong Sandman.Sandman, Clayface, and other creatures of their ilk usually have to be defeated with cleverness rather than brute strength; so as long as it isn't the dumb "Hulk Smash" of yesteryear, Hulk can get Sandman very wet, expose him to high temperatures to turn him into glass, or mix him with cement a la Spiderman. Maybe David Banner can invent a ray that can turn him into Silicon and Oxygen, then he'd have to be "Silicon man" and he'd invade computers...
Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEADPOOL

I'd say Sandman.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Satyrquaze

thegaminboy says:

"who would win? "

The thread doesn't say which Sandman, we assume Marvel's Sandman because of Spider-man 3, but what about Wesley Dodds or Sandy Hawkins?

I personally am thinking Sandy Hawkins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By -000

I think if Spider-Man can beat the Sandman multiple times, Hulk could win easily.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The WeatherMan

Spider-Man is smart. Hulk is a dumbass. Hulk would try to grab him, Sandman would dissolve. Sandman can win this.

K-Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By K-Knight

actually Hulk isn't that stupid anymore did you not see where the green and gray Hulk and Bruce Banner all came together for the New Hulk I think with that he would be alot smarter than Spidey at beating the Sandman and would find a way to get rid of him for good

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mr Mofo

Hulk could grab a handful of Sandman and eat it. Didn't Venom do that to him before? Or Hulk could do one of his thunder claps and spread him all over the place.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By speed

Post Deleted.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By speed

K-Knight says:

"actually Hulk isn't that stupid anymore did you not see where the green and gray Hulk and Bruce Banner all came together for the New Hulk I think with that he would be alot smarter than Spidey at beating the Sandman and would find a way to get rid of him for good"

isnt spidey a genuis

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mr Mofo

Spidey's waay smart but Banner would outclass him. But as is current, Hulk and Banner are not one and the same. Hulk is smart now but it's not necessarily Banner's mind.

Mantid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mantid

I don't think hulk would hurt the Sandman, but Sandman could bury Hulk, and win.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Forever

If he got in his lungs sure, but not by just burying him. Hulk can't really do anything that would have a lasting effect on Sandman so Hulk really can't defeat him.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Hulk wouldn't be able to even touch Sandman. Sandman can just enter Hulk's lungs and kill him like Spider-Man was going to do to Wilson Fisk.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sling Shot

One possible way that Hulk could win is to absorb the origuinal radiation from the Sandman's body. Iv'e witnessed him do this to the Abomination or Radiation Man, can't remeber which right now, Hulk was getting angrier and like a gamma sponge he absorbed his opponent's radiation adding to his own strength and diminishing theirs. I don't know what specific radiation transformed Sandman but he better hope it ain't gamma.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sling Shot

If Hulk can't reall do anything to win, how did Spidey ever win?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Sling Shot says:

"If Hulk can't reall do anything to win, how did Spidey ever win?"

Spidey always won by outsmarting Sandman. Either sucking him into a vacuum, sending him through a fan and scattering him throughout the entire city, or getting him wet.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sling Shot

Which Hulk is capable of doing with out the help of a fan. Shoot Hulk could burrow into a watervane or aquafer to wet Sandy up or he could do what I posted previously and absorb from his irradiated body.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Hulk would need time to wet Sandman and Sandman can just dry his system out. or clog his lungs.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Slingshot, I'm pretty sure you're thinking about Radioactive Man. Difference is, he exudes radiation whereas Sandman was affected by it once and that was it. Radioactive Man is always making radiation for Hulk to absorb, but Sandman doesn't.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sling Shot

I am well aware of RM abilities and SM's but I reread it Hulk started sip[honing the ambient radiation the Abomination was putting off. Every individual emanates some form of radiation including Sanddune.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I've seen him absorb radiation from Radioactive man so that's who I thought you were talking about. Abomination was made by the exact same kind of radiation that made Hulk, maybe that's why it worked. I really don't think he'd be able to absorb radiation from someone like Sandman. Have you seen him do that to someone who wasn't generating radiation or made by the same gamma rays as he was? And why would absorbing the extra radiation Sandman gives off (I don't think there is any otherwise it would probably come up every time Sandman was near innocent people since he'd be endangering them) hurt him?
Post Edited:2007-07-30 00:40:41

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sling Shot

What I am saying is the transformation that happened by way of radiation is possibly the active element, the tether that connects SM's psyche to his altered sand body. If that energy were displaced he wouuld bcome untethered and his body would be rendered inert. This all theoretical mind you I am not 100% about the mechanics of SM"s powers.

Reject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Reject

Sling Shot says:

"What I am saying is the transformation that happened by way of radiation is possibly the active element, the tether that connects SM's psyche to his altered sand body. If that energy were displaced he wouuld bcome untethered and his body would be rendered inert. This all theoretical mind you I am not 100% about the mechanics of SM"s powers."

Then why doesn't Hulk absorb the radiation from Spider-Man's body? It's not like these guys are still irradiated. I'm pretty sure that Hulk has only done that to people who have been affected by Gamma radiation anyway.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the creator

The Hulk and the Sandman (Marvel) have fought before I think, and the Hulk won.

Don't forget that the Sandman is no genius either and has not been consistent in using his powers creatively (varies by writer).

I don't think that Sandman could literally strip mthe flesh from the Hulk's body as the Hulk is too durable for that.

The Hulk wins in raw power but as previously mentioned, due to the nature of the Sandman's body he is hard to hurt due to his desolidified nature - the fist passes through him, so the only attack that the Hulk has to hand that can effect him is a thunderclap attack to disperse Sandman. It would take a minute to regather himself and reform though.

Sandman could attempt to smother Hulk but this could take some time and I think that Hulk is smart enough to use water against Sandman if he can get to some - either a large pool or a pressurised version (a hydrant).

Without water Sandman should win through. With water to hand, Hulk would likely win.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Phorqe

Why hasn't Spidey just pushed Sandman into a vat of concrete?

Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Bookman

This has happened in the comics many of times and Hulk won. In his current state there's no doubt that he would win.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Sand-MAn !

Shadowseeker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.Every time they fought Hulk completely wrecked sand man !!

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Sandman wins or it's a stalemate.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Either Hulk wins or its stalemate...

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FrozenPhoenix
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hulk has already beaten him. He can take the guy out with a thunderclap.