#1 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

While this inccesant mood of character battles continues, I thought we'd throw in some villian battles that might be fun to see?

My apologies if this topic has already been done, couldn't find in the search feature however if so...opinions?

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm... a new one...

ok, my brain says Joker... with his massive pistol i reckon he could take Goblin down quite easily, but you can't discount Goblin's grenade things...

overall i'm going with Goblin on this one, but it would be close

M

#3 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker is too crafty and too resourcful for Goblin to handle! So yeah Mr. J wins!

#4 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

goblin should win this without any trouble.

#5 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"goblin should win this without any trouble."

I beg to differ!

#6 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Joker plays mind games, but I mean Goblin already insane, he doesnt hesitate, now this would probably last a long time, but the Goblin has speed (glider) fire power (amazing arsenal) raw power (superstrenght and armor) the only possible way for J to win is if it takes place in a place of his choice riged with like a zillion traps

#7 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Apparition says:
"goblin should win this without any trouble."
I beg to differ!"

ok. tell me why a regular human who is a lunatic beats a superhuman lunatic...

#8 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok laughing gas. Its real simple! You think hes crazy now watch when he gets laughing gas sprayed in his face!

#9 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

while he's flying around on his glider? joker would never get close enough to use any laughing gas. and joker isnt agile enough to dodge goblin's pumpkin bombs. it would be a really short fight.

#10 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

But hes has mor than that in his arsenal of tricks.

#11 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

U know how fear gas doesnt work on Joker and vice verca with laugh gas and Scarecrow, well I'm sure Goblin has something like that, plus he has air and tactile filters

#12 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"But hes has mor than that in his arsenal of tricks."

it doesnt matter. he doesnt have enough time to use more than one thing before the pumpkin bombs start to fall.

#13 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

ANd you think he won't know that?

#14 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

who cares what he knows? he still loses.

#15 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84526 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Joker is more popular but he doesn't have enhanced strength, or agility and the Green Goblin has both. If the Joker some how found out the Goblin was Norman Osbourn then he could set all kinda traps or poison his water supply, you know, something that doesn't require an actual fight. But in a head to head fight the Joker goes down pretty easy in this one.
Post Edited:2007-08-28 12:11:07

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Yeah Joker is more popular but he doesn't have enhanced strength, or agility and the Green Goblin has both. If the Joker some how found out the Goblin was Norman Osbourn then he could set all kinda traps or poison his water supply, you know, something that doesn't require an actual fight. But in a head to head fight the Joker goes down pretty easy in this one.
Post Edited:2007-08-28 12:11:07"

Powers aren't really the difference maker here!

#17 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Yeah Joker is more popular but he doesn't have enhanced strength, or agility and the Green Goblin has both. If the Joker some how found out the Goblin was Norman Osbourn then he could set all kinda traps or poison his water supply, you know, something that doesn't require an actual fight. But in a head to head fight the Joker goes down pretty easy in this one.
Powers aren't really the difference maker here!"

what's the difference maker? how cool you think the joker is?

#18 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84526 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Lord Gambler says:

Dawg do you ever have any information to add? All you ever say is no, yes, I beg to differ. Why are powers not an issue? Cause you said so? Give an example or at least explain your position. I think you just like to argue but lack the fundamentals to do so.

Moderator Online
#19 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
Dawg do you ever have any information to add? All you ever say is no, yes, I beg to differ. Why are powers not an issue? Cause you said so? Give an example or at least explain your position. I think you just like to argue but lack the fundamentals to do so."
Thats a first, calling me a "dawg". When I feel like I will. Gotdamn why do you guys jump all over me when you see theres other guys/glas that do the same thing. Its a question, not a a crazy debate. And plus Gambler I gave a reason in my earlyy posts. So got off my back for once!
#20 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
Dawg do you ever have any information to add? All you ever say is no, yes, I beg to differ. Why are powers not an issue? Cause you said so? Give an example or at least explain your position. I think you just like to argue but lack the fundamentals to do so."
Thats a first, calling me a "dawg". When I feel like I will. Gotdamn why do you guys jump all over me when you see theres other guys/glas that do the same thing. Its a question, not a a crazy debate. And plus Gambler I gave a reason in my earlyy posts. So got off my back for once! "
you still havent answered my question..."

Which was? Becaus3 i was answering gambler's comment.

#21 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
Thats a first, calling me a "dawg". When I feel like I will. Gotdamn why do you guys jump all over me when you see theres other guys/glas that do the same thing. Its a question, not a a crazy debate. And plus Gambler I gave a reason in my earlyy posts. So got off my back for once! "

you still havent answered my question...

#22 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"what's the difference maker? how cool you think the joker is?"
#23 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84526 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
Thats a first, calling me a "dawg". When I feel like I will. Gotdamn why do you guys jump all over me when you see theres other guys/glas that do the same thing. Its a question, not a a crazy debate. And plus Gambler I gave a reason in my earlyy posts. So got off my back for once!"

Ohhhh I see, you mean the post where you say Joker is to crafty? Isn't Norman Osbourn a genius? I'd say he's crafty as well. The Green Goblin would never have to get close enough for the Joker to use any of his so called tricks.

When you say dumb #@!$ people are going to jump on your posts. Like saying powers mean nothing in this fight, what? I mean some of the #@!$ you say is so off the mark its mind blowing.

Moderator Online
#24 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
Ohhhh I see, you mean the post where you say Joker is to crafty? Isn't Norman Osbourn a genius? I'd say he's crafty as well. The Green Goblin would never have to get close enough for the Joker to use any of his so called tricks. When you say dumb #@!$ people are going to jump on your posts. Like saying powers mean nothing in this fight, what? I mean some of the #@!$ you say is so off the mark its mind blowing."

First of all didn't say dumbass or ever called anybody here that today alright? Second powers doesn't really mean anything in this battle. I didn't mean they didn't matter at all i'm just saying in this battle. Like Captain America said is that powers are last thing you use in battle. So gets your facts straight n!

@Apparition: The difference maker is Joker's craftyness. Osborne is very intelligent but hes not as crafty as the Joker.

#25 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84526 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
Ohhhh I see, you mean the post where you say Joker is to crafty? Isn't Norman Osbourn a genius? I'd say he's crafty as well. The Green Goblin would never have to get close enough for the Joker to use any of his so called tricks. When you say dumb #@!$ people are going to jump on your posts. Like saying powers mean nothing in this fight, what? I mean some of the #@!$ you say is so off the mark its mind blowing."

First of all didn't say dumbass or ever called anybody here that today alright? Second powers doesn't really mean anything in this battle. I didn't mean they didn't matter at all i'm just saying in this battle. Like Captain America said is that powers are last thing you use in battle. So gets your facts straight n!

@Apparition: The difference maker is Joker's craftyness. Osborne is very intelligent but hes not as crafty as the Joker.

"

LMFAO, I never said you called anyone anything, no what I said was when you SAY DUMBASS SHIT like powers don't matter FOR THIS BATTLE. Of course they do, you may wanna get your facts straight uncle tom. You still haven't shown anything to support your claims that because Joker is crafty he wins, do you even know who the Green Goblin is? And I don't mean just the movie version either. Green Goblin could just hover out of the Joker's range and pumpkin bomb the hell out of him. Or swoop down before the Joker even knows whats happening and break his neck.

Moderator Online
#26 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
First of all didn't say dumbass or ever called anybody here that today alright? Second powers doesn't really mean anything in this battle. I didn't mean they didn't matter at all i'm just saying in this battle. Like Captain America said is that powers are last thing you use in battle. So gets your facts straight n****! @Apparition: The difference maker is Joker's craftyness. Osborne is very intelligent but hes not as crafty as the Joker. "

that's great. how is his craftiness going to let him win? you must have some examples to base this on or some ideas floating around in that crazy head of yours as to how his craftiness is going to get him the win over someone who's actually much much smarter than he is.

#27 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
First of all didn't say dumbass or ever called anybody here that today alright? Second powers doesn't really mean anything in this battle. I didn't mean they didn't matter at all i'm just saying in this battle. Like Captain America said is that powers are last thing you use in battle. So gets your facts straight n****! @Apparition: The difference maker is Joker's craftyness. Osborne is very intelligent but hes not as crafty as the Joker. "
LMFAO, I never said you called anyone anything, no what I said was when you SAY DUMBASS SHIT like powers don't matter FOR THIS BATTLE. Of course they do, you may wanna get your facts straight uncle tom. You still haven't shown anything to support your claims that because Joker is crafty he wins, do you even know who the Green Goblin is? And I don't mean just the movie version either. Green Goblin could just hover out of the Joker's range and pumpkin bomb the hell out of him. Or swoop down before the Joker even knows whats happening and break his neck."

What are talking about? The movie vrsion? I know about Green Goblin, didn't he kill Gwen Stacy? So yeah I know alot on him, alot more than you do! Oh and hes ALIVE* right now!

And look why are you guys sweatin' me? Its like you guys gotta jump on me and think "OH THIS GUY IS THE ONLY GUY WHO MADE A DUMBASS COMMENT SO LETS GET HIM!!!"

#28 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Goblin, period

#29 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84526 posts) - - Show Bio

Your right Prime, powers dont mean anything, Goblin is a moron compared to thee intelligence of the Mighty Joker, and I had NO idea Gwen Stacy was dead. Who's she again?

Moderator Online
#30 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Your right Prime, powers dont mean anything, Goblin is a moron compared to thee intelligence of the Mighty Joker, and I had NO idea Gwen Stacy was dead. Who's she again?"

HHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA! Gotdamn man your beginning to sound like Visionscape.

#31 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"What are talking about? The movie vrsion? I know about Green Goblin, didn't he kill Gwen Stacy? So yeah I know alot on him, alot more than you do! Oh and hes **ALIVE*** right now! And look why are you guys sweatin' me? Its like you guys gotta jump on me and think **"OH THIS GUY IS THE ONLY GUY WHO MADE A DUMBASS COMMENT SO LETS GET HIM!!!"**"

why are you getting so upset? you made a crazy statement so people wanted you to explain. and you still havent given a good explanation. if you explained how his craftiness would win then it wouldn't be so big of a deal.

#32 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Lantern Prime says:
"What are talking about? The movie vrsion? I know about Green Goblin, didn't he kill Gwen Stacy? So yeah I know alot on him, alot more than you do! Oh and hes **ALIVE*** right now! And look why are you guys sweatin' me? Its like you guys gotta jump on me and think **"OH THIS GUY IS THE ONLY GUY WHO MADE A DUMBASS COMMENT SO LETS GET HIM!!!"**"
why are you getting so upset? you made a crazy statement so people wanted you to explain. and you still havent given a good explanation. if you explained how his craftiness would win then it wouldn't be so big of a deal."

Ok then example, Gobin has him in his hands he begins to punch him and suddenly he spays a bottle of laughing gas and poisin him for a good 2weeks and then electrocutes him with his hand-buzzer

#33 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Apparition says:
"Lantern Prime says:
why are you getting so upset? you made a crazy statement so people wanted you to explain. and you still havent given a good explanation. if you explained how his craftiness would win then it wouldn't be so big of a deal."
Ok then example, Gobin has him in his hands he begins to punch him and suddenly he spays a bottle of laughing gas and poisin him for a good 2weeks and then electrocutes him with his hand-buzzer "

if goblin punched him all out just once he would be dead. so that's not going to work.

#34 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Lantern Prime says:
"Apparition says:
"Lantern Prime says:
Ok then example, Gobin has him in his hands he begins to punch him and suddenly he spays a bottle of laughing gas and poisin him for a good 2weeks and then electrocutes him with his hand-buzzer "

if goblin punched him all out just once he would be dead. so that's not going to work."

LMAO

#35 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker is a bit craftier, he doesn't relie on powers. With some prep, I believe he could take Goblin. But in a H2H fight, Goblin's upgrades and equipment give him the win.

#36 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84526 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Joker is a bit craftier, he doesn't relie on powers. With some prep, I believe he could take Goblin. But in a H2H fight, Goblin's upgrades and equipment give him the win."

You guys realize that his suit protects him from gas right?

Moderator Online
#37 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Goblin is an airborne, psychotic, superhuman one man army. Being "crafty" isn't going to do a damn thing to save Joker's ass. What is Joker going to do, gas him? Even if it does work the result will be Goblin bombing everything.

Joker's schtick with shooting his giant pistol, then hopping through a secret door in the floor won't do crap, because Goblin will incinerate the the building to get what he wants. He's not Batman, he doesn't care about property damage.

Goblin is faster and stronger and all around more deadly than Joker. If Goblin punched him it would break his jaw. Are you going to tell me Joker can dodge razor blades launched at 90mph AND dodge pumpkin bombs simultaneously? He must be really "crafty."

#38 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker

#39 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"The Joker"

why? cause he's crafty?

#40 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84526 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Vlad Tepes Dracula says:
"The Joker"

why? cause he's crafty?"

Don't even pay attention to him he's just trying to get a reaction.

Moderator Online
#41 Posted by MasterChief3 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

-joker: intellingence and clown weapons results: insufficient comment:uh hes as good as dead my fellow americans

-green goblin: intellligence, rapid healing, speed, agility, superstrength, and goblin weapons results: match comment: he'll just bomb the hell out of Joker until hes dead with his glider he wins no questions ask

#42 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Phorqe says:

"Goblin is an airborne, psychotic, superhuman one man army. Being "crafty" isn't going to do a damn thing to save Joker's ass. What is Joker going to do, gas him? Even if it does work the result will be Goblin bombing everything.Joker's schtick with shooting his giant pistol, then hopping through a secret door in the floor won't do crap, because Goblin will incinerate the the building to get what he wants. He's not Batman, he doesn't care about property damage.Goblin is faster and stronger and all around more deadly than Joker. If Goblin punched him it would break his jaw. Are you going to tell me Joker can dodge razor blades launched at 90mph AND dodge pumpkin bombs simultaneously? He must be really "crafty.""

I said with prep. With prep he's made bombs, walking robots, poisoned water, destroyed massive amounts of lives. Of course he gets destroyed in a fight.

#43 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"The Joker"

why? cause he's crafty?"

That line keeps cracking me up....:)
Post Edited:2007-08-28 13:46:33

#44 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"Apparition says:
"The Joker"
why? cause he's crafty?"
Don't even pay attention to him he's just trying to get a reaction. "

What? Whop u talking about?

#45 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Apparition says:
"The Joker"
why? cause he's crafty?"
What? Whop u talking about?"

cant you tell from the quotes??

#46 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
"Apparition says:
"The Joker"
why? cause he's crafty?"
cant you tell from the quotes??"

No because i'm paranoid right now! HAHAHAHA I just feel like getting on his nerves after what said about my so called information.

#47 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84526 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Apparition says:
"Lantern Prime says:
"Lord Gambler says:
"Apparition says:
"The Joker"
why? cause he's crafty?"
cant you tell from the quotes??"

No because i'm paranoid right now! HAHAHAHA I just feel like getting on his nerves after what said about my so called information."

Oh you wanna fight? I got no problem with that. Bring it.

Moderator Online
#48 Posted by Grand Duchess (1362 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler, stop asking for fights. I don't like that.

#49 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#50 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"The Joker"

why? cause he's crafty?"

no its because Joker was Emporer of the universe and Gambler stop being the ass you are!