The Governor vs Rick Grimes

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rogueshadow  Moderator

Tv Versions go at it. Morals on all rounds.

Round 1: H2h in an open field.

Round 2: Barfight, unarmed.

Round 3: Both armed with a machete, a colt 45 and a shotgun. Fight takes place in Atlanta, with only a few zombies present. Begin 200 feet apart in stealth. Midnight.

No Caption Provided

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TV version of the govenor is soo lame so Grimes all rounds.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogueshadow  Moderator

He did kill about 15-20 zombies whilst cornered into a very tight space with only a nearly empty gun and a shovel [He ended up just bashing them with the gun], and fought Michonne who had her Katana whilst he himself was unarmed.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AllStarSuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

governor is kool and evil, but he needs feats, IMO.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shawnbaby

Tv Versions go at it. Morals on all rounds.

Round 1: H2h in an open field.

Round 2: Barfight, unarmed.

Round 3: Both armed with a machete, a colt 45 and a shotgun. Fight takes place in Atlanta, with only a few zombies present. Begin 200 feet apart in stealth. Midnight.

The Governor has no morals...and what's left of Rick's morals do not apply where the Governor is concerned.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

@shawnbaby: Yes but I always specify. I just do. It makes me happy.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

Michonne's katana was plunged into Penny's head, and he took advantage of that by attacking her before she could react. Michonne has seemingly no skill (not being able to handle two walkers w/o katana) without the katana so there isn't much of a surprise as to why the Governor stomped her there.

As for taking Merle, that belief too would be flawed. Merle was preoccupied with the walker and was then jumped by Martinez and another one of the Governor's crew. They beat on him a little, allowing the Governor to take another advantage there. If the Governor had faced Merle in pure H2H, he would have been slaughtered.

Rick held his own against Shane in a fight and Shane was pulling off dirty moves like slamming a motorcycle on top of Rick and attempting to throw a wrench at him. Rick still looked the better of the two. Not to mention Shane would stomp the Governor.

He also took two or three punches from Tyresse and then proceeded to stomp him too.

So yeah, Rick wins.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator
@pope052 said:

@rogueshadow:

Michonne's katana was plunged into Penny's head, and he took advantage of that by attacking her before she could react. Michonne has seemingly no skill (not being able to handle two walkers w/o katana) without the katana so there isn't much of a surprise as to why the Governor stomped her there.

As for taking Merle, that belief too would be flawed. Merle was preoccupied with the walker and was then jumped by Martinez and another one of the Governor's crew. They beat on him a little, allowing the Governor to take another advantage there. If the Governor had faced Merle in pure H2H, he would have been slaughtered.

Rick held his own against Shane in a fight and Shane was pulling off dirty moves like slamming a motorcycle on top of Rick and attempting to throw a wrench at him. Rick still looked the better of the two. Not to mention Shane would stomp the Governor.

He also took two or three punches from Tyresse and then proceeded to stomp him too.

So yeah, Rick wins.

Michonne went toe to toe with Merle & won, stealth killed a bunch of guys [not really relevant, just saying], she's not that bad. Also, I didn't mention him taking Merle, I have said the same thing about that fight before here http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/merle-dixon-vs-shane-walsh-the-walking-dead-1505840/

And the 2 walker takedown, that moment was pure CIS, she's beaten many more walkers than that before with ease, it was stupid. She'd actually just pulled it out of Penny's head when she fought the governor.

I never thought Shane was all that, other than being ripped, what did he ever actually do to walkers physically? The only times I recall are on the bus in 18 Miles Out & in the church in What Lies Ahead. He always relied on his gun, I can't imagine Shane storming the Prison personally.

Daryl was holding Tyreese back for the fist punch - So that fight wasn't fair at all, he didn't stomp Tyreese, similar to how the Governor didn't beat Merle [Not to the same extent]

Also, The Governor has the second best walker feat when he killed about 15 - 20 walkers in prey.

Not arguing with you just saying [I don't like to debate on my own threads :P]

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

Michonne went toe to toe with Merle & won, stealth killed a bunch of guys [not really relevant, just saying], she's not that bad. Also, I didn't mention him taking Merle, I have said the same thing about that fight before here http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/merle-dixon-vs-shane-walsh-the-walking-dead-1505840/

She never defeated Merle, unless you count a cheap shot to the balls as a win. Before that Merle flung her katana away using only his knife hand alone, then she gave him a cheap shot to the balls (any man's weak point).

Any instance of Merle getting beaten in H2H was because he was distracted, cheap-shotted, or he was teamed up on by two or more people. Michonne could never take him in pure H2H, nor a gun-fight.

And the 2 walker takedown, that moment was pure CIS, she's beaten many more walkers than that before with ease, it was stupid. She'd actually just pulled it out of Penny's head when she fought the governor.

Yes but the time she took to pull it out gave the Governor more than enough time to come onto her.

I never thought Shane was all that, other than being ripped, what did he ever actually do to walkers physically? The only times I recall are on the bus in 18 Miles Out & in the church in What Lies Ahead. He always relied on his gun, I can't imagine Shane storming the Prison personally.

He's a police officer, he was bound to be trained in combat. Likewise Rick, and Merle was ex-military. All of them are the only trained characters on the show, and had notable feats without use of weapons. Those reasons but them above most other characters.

Daryl was holding Tyreese back for the fist punch - So that fight wasn't fair at all, he didn't stomp Tyreese, similar to how the Governor didn't beat Merle [Not to the same extent]

Daryl didn't hold back Tyresse for any of the punches. Daryl only held him before (and was easily overpowered), and then after the punches.

He hit Rick twice, both strikes strong enough to draw blood from Rick. Rick's first punch knocked Tyreese to the ground, hit him four times and Tyreese was beaten. Rick stomped him.

Also, The Governor has the second best walker feat when he killed about 15 - 20 walkers in prey.

This feat doesn't matter, killing walkers means nothing. It's the feats against actual characters that matter.

Rounds 1 & 2 - Rick stomps, no contest.

Round 3:

Loading Video...

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick should stomp.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Rick takes them all.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolfrazer

@pope052: Dat sexy Python revolver of Ricks!! I want one of them!

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Rick. Governor had the advantage in many cases

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

governor is kool and evil, but he needs feats, IMO.

Well he got feats. Governor all rounds IMHO.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Rick takes all rounds

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

governor clearly defeated him in their fight. however both were wounded, and rick was worried about his friends. if he has his head purely in the fight, they might scrape a draw

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slim edge to Governor.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

The Governor already beat Rick, pretty handedly.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uft: Rick was pissed though and wanted revenge for the governor getting ahead of Herschel

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Am I the only one who remembers the fact that the Governor beat Rick to a pulp?

This battle was created and a lot of responses posted before that happened.

But yeah, I think Governor all rounds.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didn't the governor nearly murder rick in the prison finale before he got stabbed in the head? Don't remember if he cheated in that fight because I saw it ages ago but I don't think he did.

Governor 1-2

Rick 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Governor definitely for the first two rounds. I'd give the last one to rick, he has more experience there and is likely a better shot. Took the governor two tries to kill a walker when he came to the prison on top of his tank.

Funny seeing how everyone though rick would stomp before Too Far Gone was shown. Rick is meant to be realistic, he's badass but he isn't gonna win every fight, and the governor would've killed him.

Squall-Leon81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Governor already beat Rick in a fight were they were both harmed. Governor is impressive, he faced a group of zombies with few bullets and only a gun and manage to chase and take Andrea too. He is more impressive than Rick. I give the third round to Rick, but 1 and 2 to the Governor.

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By theendgame

Rick was shot through the leg and could barely freakin walk! How can anyone say that the Governor won that heads up? He would stomp the Governor on an even field.

Squall-Leon81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick was shot through the leg and could barely freakin walk! How can anyone say that the Governor won that heads up? He would stomp the Governor on an even field.

And Rick take the Governor from behind punching for first and the Governor was also wounded by Carl. So in my opinion he can beat Rick h2h, but not with weapons there I think the victory goes to Rick.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f36de50edb16
deactivated-5f36de50edb16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Governor

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Governor already beat Rick, pretty handedly.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WollfMyth209

The Governor wins 1 and 2; Rick takes 3.

Chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Chewbacca

Surprised how many people dont know that when there is a 40-50 lb difference in body weight and size it makes a huge factor. The governor is 6 foot 3 + with some muscle tone, compared to Rick Grimes at 5 foot 10 being an average man. Rick loses round 1 and 2 by a lot, wins round 3 with his shooting abilities.