• 77 results
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius

Could this mutant beat the Midnighter without using his powers to turn people to stone?

Gorgon:

Ability to turn humans to stone. Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, and reflexes. Regenerative healing factor, telepathy, teleportation.

Genius level intellect in multiple areas

Midnighter:

Enhanced physical attributes such as strength, speed, stamina, agility and reflexes. Able to anticipate the moves of his opponents. Healing factor witht he ability to turn off pain receptors.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Logic Mark III

Good 'fight' was thinking of posting myself. Gorgon would merc the hell out of Midnighter. He would know his movements before he does and Gorgon moves at the speed of thought, so he can cope if not outclass Midnighter there.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius

Logic Mark III says:

"Good 'fight' was thinking of posting myself. Gorgon would merc the hell out of Midnighter. He would know his movements before he does and Gorgon moves at the speed of thought, so he can cope if not outclass Midnighter there."

Don't forget, the Midnighter can move at superspeeds fro brief moments.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Nerx

But gorgon can read M's predictions and get a fair ground in the battle

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius
Nerx said:
"But gorgon can read M's predictions and get a fair ground in the battle"

They would be on even ground.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the creator
Alpha said:
"Nerx said:
They would be on even ground. "
In the Authority comic, Regis beat Midnighter and he had enahnced stats but also telepthy.
As long as Gorgon's telepathy is advanaced enough to fully read a person's mind, then he un theory overcome the Midnighter's tactical computer and plan his attack based on the information he is getting from Midnighters head.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hadrelius
the creator said:
"Alpha said:
"Nerx said:
They would be on even ground. "
In the Authority comic, Regis beat Midnighter and he had enahnced stats but also telepthy.As long as Gorgon's telepathy is advanaced enough to fully read a person's mind, then he un theory overcome the Midnighter's tactical computer and plan his attack based on the information he is getting from Midnighters head."

From what I have read, Gorgon telepathy allows him to do what Midnighter does. I didn't get any indication that he could read minds to the level of Emma for example.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
Hmmm... Gorgon may win here
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

He actually could. I do have some questions though. His telepathy seems undefined. If he could read the minds of his enemies, how was Wolverine able to trick him into turning himself to stone? Wouldn't he have seen that coming since Wolverine was planning on doing it, or am I missing something? Why wouldn't Midnighter's ability be able to anticipate Gorgon's psychic abilities and make plans on that? (Regis beat him with the help of TP, but Regis was also way out of his league and I don't think someone on Wolverine's level is, but then again, I don't know the Gorgon.) What is the extent of his teleportation? I see it listed on a few sources but not described. (I don't think it would matter too much if Midnighter can predict where he reappears, but I still would like to know.) I kind of think Midnighter could turn him to stone too with any of the metal weapons he carries on himself. 

Unrelated: I always think of Gorgon and Morlun together (or against each other?). Maybe it's the skin tone, nice clothes and long black hair.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius
Buckshot said:
"He actually could. I do have some questions though. His telepathy seems undefined. If he could read the minds of his enemies, how was Wolverine able to trick him into turning himself to stone? Wouldn't he have seen that coming since Wolverine was planning on doing it, or am I missing something? Why wouldn't Midnighter's ability be able to anticipate Gorgon's psychic abilities and make plans on that? (Regis beat him with the help of TP, but Regis was also way out of his league and I don't think someone on Wolverine's level is, but then again, I don't know the Gorgon.) What is the extent of his teleportation? I see it listed on a few sources but not described. (I don't think it would matter too much if Midnighter can predict where he reappears, but I still would like to know.) I kind of think Midnighter could turn him to stone too with any of the metal weapons he carries on himself. 

Unrelated: I always think of Gorgon and Morlun together (or against each other?). Maybe it's the skin tone, nice clothes and long black hair.
"
That Wolverine point was good, but it may be just a plot gimmick. U know how writers are. The telepathy is part of his abilities though. It's how he beat Elektra without effort.
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Logic Mark III

The Beserker rage thing/Weapon X training/Living in a house of telepaths might be the reason Wolverine managed to give Gorgon the alley oop.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By castleking
gorgon ftw...
OgreMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OgreMan

This is a damn good fight.

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OgreMan said:
"This is a damn good fight. "

yes sir
Gorgon has it though
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nerx
@StrongestOneThereIs: Seeing as nobody said that MN packs reflective goods then it goes to Gorgon
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Nerx
said:

" @StrongestOneThereIs: Seeing as nobody said that MN packs reflective goods then it goes to Gorgon"

@Buckshot said:
I kind of think Midnighter could turn him to stone too with any of the metal weapons he carries on himself. 

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Logic Mark III

If he can't fool Gorgon into looking into his own reflection how does he achieve this? Also who says he will be that close? He doesn't even need to use his stoney stare, he is perfectly capable of battering Midnighter.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nerx

50-50 , MN's pole staff could reflect and the surface is wider that Wolvie's Claw

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By castleking
this is just asinine
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nerx
@castleking: Whats an asinine? sorry

but Wolvie pulled a lucky one i guess, and what about Gorgon's concentration it must be mind blowing to have a billion scenarios to run down someone's head.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By castleking
a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand.  their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks  counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter.
Fluke-buddha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fluke-buddha

Gorgon has this one in the bag, His combat abilities are enough to take down Midnighter, his ability to turn ppl into stone wouldn't even come into play.  As far as MN tricking him into seeing his own reflection, thats abit difficult when Gorgon wears a blindfold.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By King Quisling

The Gorgon. Slaughterhouse.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castleking said:
"a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand.  their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks  counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter."

lol who do you blame?
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nerx

How fast is the gorgon?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By castleking
@Nerx said:
" How fast is the gorgon? "
fast enough to toy with wolverine and elektra at the same time.
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castleking said:
"i dont want to say i feel like i'll be banned if i say the name....  :("

so you want to say buckshot?
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By castleking
@the human Juggernaut said:
" @castleking said:
so you want to say buckshot? "
i didnt say that
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JThree47693

Gorgon

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castleking said:
"@the human Juggernaut said:
" @castleking said:
so you want to say buckshot? "
i didnt say that"

why not? he's not going to ban you, if you ask him he'll tell you he likes midnighter.
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nerx

Gorgon is good but his only edge is limited, Telepath and Stone stare... he should do it and kill MN quick (no fooling around with MN unless you are invulnerable)

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Logic Mark III

I wouldn't say that. He has a healthy degree of invulnerability/immortality, super strength, incredible speed and martial arts prowess that overhwelmed Wolverine and Elektra.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nerx
@Logic Mark III: Speed feats are not that impressive, but when mixed with stealth creates the impression of hyperbole. He overwhelms them due to his telepathy as the main factor
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Midnighter gouges out his eyes breaks his neck

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nerx

I mean MN vs Gorgon is good but what about The Gorgon vs Mr.X?

link:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/mister-x-vs-gorgon-tomi-shishido/391395/

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kinasin_

Curious what more people think on this matchup.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Redberry

Assume Midnighter can use door, couldn't he just cut the guy in half with it or teleport him into outerspace? Against a dangerous opponent, I don't think Midnighter would be playing around like with his usual opponents.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Billy Batson

CB wins either way.
BB

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By Dex_Starr

Better call CB

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Billy Batson said:

CB wins either way.
BB

Chris Brown?
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Billy Batson

@Vance Astro said:

@Billy Batson said:

CB wins either way.
BB

Chris Brown?

CitizenBane.
BB

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Billy Batson said:

CitizenBane.

BB

Same person.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Billy Batson

@Vance Astro:

No Caption Provided

BB

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Was a thread not long ago that saw CB arguing Midnighter could beat both the Gorgon and Deathstroke at once if memory serves. Don't think the argument would change drastically much in a one on one.

That, and Gorgon was polluted by the whole Dark Avengers fiasco. Took some shine off his polish.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Was a thread not long ago that saw CB arguing Midnighter could beat both the Gorgon and Deathstroke at once if memory serves. Don't think the argument would change drastically much in a one on one.

That, and Gorgon was polluted by the whole Dark Avengers fiasco. Took some shine off his polish.

I think Citizenbane almost had a heart attack when he saw Daredevil KO Gorgon.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By FourthDeity

@castleking said:

a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand.their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dex_Starr

@FourthDeity said:

@castleking said:

a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand.their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter.

So...what exactly are you getting out of quoting a year old post from someone who not only is wrong, not only hasn't posted on this site in a year [thank god] but is also a notorious Marvel fanboy who simply hates Midnighter and knows little about the character?

On top of that I'm willing to bet anything that you've never read a comic with Midnighter or Gorgon in it.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Saren

@Vance Astro said:

@Billy Batson said:

CitizenBane.

BB

Same person.

-___-

@Super_SoldierXII said:

That was Buckshot's gig. The walls of text were enormous.

I think Gorgon would do better against Midnighter than people like Wolverine or Deathstroke, but the more showings a character gets the easier it becomes to argue against them. I could have argued that Nemesis would beat Midnighter after her introductory series, since she could react to and one-shot a rushing Majestic among other things, but then she gets feats against other people that slowly move her down a notch or two. Gorgon's the same case, and I'm not even talking about that Daredevil kick, his fight with Phobos, though awesome, does work against him: Phobos is a godly kid, but I can't really argue that he's on Midnighter's level.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Billy Batson

@CitizenBane said:

-___-

Don't deny ti!
BB