• 76 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Could this mutant beat the Midnighter without using his powers to turn people to stone?

Gorgon:

Ability to turn humans to stone. Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, and reflexes. Regenerative healing factor, telepathy, teleportation.

Genius level intellect in multiple areas

Midnighter:

Enhanced physical attributes such as strength, speed, stamina, agility and reflexes. Able to anticipate the moves of his opponents. Healing factor witht he ability to turn off pain receptors.

#2 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Good 'fight' was thinking of posting myself. Gorgon would merc the hell out of Midnighter. He would know his movements before he does and Gorgon moves at the speed of thought, so he can cope if not outclass Midnighter there.

#3 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"Good 'fight' was thinking of posting myself. Gorgon would merc the hell out of Midnighter. He would know his movements before he does and Gorgon moves at the speed of thought, so he can cope if not outclass Midnighter there."

Don't forget, the Midnighter can move at superspeeds fro brief moments.

#4 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

But gorgon can read M's predictions and get a fair ground in the battle

#5 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio
Nerx said:
"But gorgon can read M's predictions and get a fair ground in the battle"

They would be on even ground.
#6 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Nerx said:
"But gorgon can read M's predictions and get a fair ground in the battle"
They would be on even ground. "
In the Authority comic, Regis beat Midnighter and he had enahnced stats but also telepthy.
As long as Gorgon's telepathy is advanaced enough to fully read a person's mind, then he un theory overcome the Midnighter's tactical computer and plan his attack based on the information he is getting from Midnighters head.

#7 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Alpha said:
"Nerx said:
"But gorgon can read M's predictions and get a fair ground in the battle"
They would be on even ground. "
In the Authority comic, Regis beat Midnighter and he had enahnced stats but also telepthy.As long as Gorgon's telepathy is advanaced enough to fully read a person's mind, then he un theory overcome the Midnighter's tactical computer and plan his attack based on the information he is getting from Midnighters head."

From what I have read, Gorgon telepathy allows him to do what Midnighter does. I didn't get any indication that he could read minds to the level of Emma for example.
#8 Posted by King Saturn (222790 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmmm... Gorgon may win here
#9 Posted by Buckshot (18865 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually could. I do have some questions though. His telepathy seems undefined. If he could read the minds of his enemies, how was Wolverine able to trick him into turning himself to stone? Wouldn't he have seen that coming since Wolverine was planning on doing it, or am I missing something? Why wouldn't Midnighter's ability be able to anticipate Gorgon's psychic abilities and make plans on that? (Regis beat him with the help of TP, but Regis was also way out of his league and I don't think someone on Wolverine's level is, but then again, I don't know the Gorgon.) What is the extent of his teleportation? I see it listed on a few sources but not described. (I don't think it would matter too much if Midnighter can predict where he reappears, but I still would like to know.) I kind of think Midnighter could turn him to stone too with any of the metal weapons he carries on himself. 


Unrelated: I always think of Gorgon and Morlun together (or against each other?). Maybe it's the skin tone, nice clothes and long black hair.
Moderator
#10 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"He actually could. I do have some questions though. His telepathy seems undefined. If he could read the minds of his enemies, how was Wolverine able to trick him into turning himself to stone? Wouldn't he have seen that coming since Wolverine was planning on doing it, or am I missing something? Why wouldn't Midnighter's ability be able to anticipate Gorgon's psychic abilities and make plans on that? (Regis beat him with the help of TP, but Regis was also way out of his league and I don't think someone on Wolverine's level is, but then again, I don't know the Gorgon.) What is the extent of his teleportation? I see it listed on a few sources but not described. (I don't think it would matter too much if Midnighter can predict where he reappears, but I still would like to know.) I kind of think Midnighter could turn him to stone too with any of the metal weapons he carries on himself. 

Unrelated: I always think of Gorgon and Morlun together (or against each other?). Maybe it's the skin tone, nice clothes and long black hair.
"
That Wolverine point was good, but it may be just a plot gimmick. U know how writers are. The telepathy is part of his abilities though. It's how he beat Elektra without effort.
#11 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

The Beserker rage thing/Weapon X training/Living in a house of telepaths might be the reason Wolverine managed to give Gorgon the alley oop.

#12 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
gorgon ftw...
#13 Posted by OgreMan (315 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a damn good fight.

#14 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@OgreMan said:
"This is a damn good fight. "

yes sir
Gorgon has it though
#15 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs: Seeing as nobody said that MN packs reflective goods then it goes to Gorgon
#16 Posted by Buckshot (18865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx
said:

" @StrongestOneThereIs: Seeing as nobody said that MN packs reflective goods then it goes to Gorgon"

@Buckshot said:
I kind of think Midnighter could turn him to stone too with any of the metal weapons he carries on himself. 


 
Moderator
#17 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

If he can't fool Gorgon into looking into his own reflection how does he achieve this? Also who says he will be that close? He doesn't even need to use his stoney stare, he is perfectly capable of battering Midnighter.

#18 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

50-50 , MN's pole staff could reflect and the surface is wider that Wolvie's Claw

#19 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
this is just asinine
#20 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: Whats an asinine? sorry

but Wolvie pulled a lucky one i guess, and what about Gorgon's concentration it must be mind blowing to have a billion scenarios to run down someone's head.
#21 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand.  their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks  counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter.
#22 Posted by Fluke-buddha (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorgon has this one in the bag, His combat abilities are enough to take down Midnighter, his ability to turn ppl into stone wouldn't even come into play.  As far as MN tricking him into seeing his own reflection, thats abit difficult when Gorgon wears a blindfold.

#23 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

The Gorgon. Slaughterhouse.

#24 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand.  their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks  counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter."

lol who do you blame?
#25 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

How fast is the gorgon?

#26 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:
" How fast is the gorgon? "
fast enough to toy with wolverine and elektra at the same time.
#27 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"i dont want to say i feel like i'll be banned if i say the name....  :("

so you want to say buckshot?
#28 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut said:
" @castleking said:
"i dont want to say i feel like i'll be banned if i say the name....  :("
so you want to say buckshot? "
i didnt say that
#29 Posted by JThree47693 (2537 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorgon

#30 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"@the human Juggernaut said:
" @castleking said:
"i dont want to say i feel like i'll be banned if i say the name....  :("
so you want to say buckshot? "
i didnt say that"

why not? he's not going to ban you, if you ask him he'll tell you he likes midnighter.
#31 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorgon is good but his only edge is limited, Telepath and Stone stare... he should do it and kill MN quick (no fooling around with MN unless you are invulnerable)

#32 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say that. He has a healthy degree of invulnerability/immortality, super strength, incredible speed and martial arts prowess that overhwelmed Wolverine and Elektra.

#33 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Logic Mark III: Speed feats are not that impressive, but when mixed with stealth creates the impression of hyperbole. He overwhelms them due to his telepathy as the main factor
#34 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter gouges out his eyes breaks his neck

#35 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean MN vs Gorgon is good but what about The Gorgon vs Mr.X?

link:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/mister-x-vs-gorgon-tomi-shishido/391395/

#36 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:
" @Logic Mark III: Speed feats are not that impressive, but when mixed with stealth creates the impression of hyperbole. He overwhelms them due to his telepathy as the main factor"

 
 
 
 
He cut three bullets in half when they were inches away from someones face. I'd say that's pretty fast. 
 
Gorgon wins this btw.
#37 Posted by Kinasin_ (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Curious what more people think on this matchup.

#38 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Assume Midnighter can use door, couldn't he just cut the guy in half with it or teleport him into outerspace? Against a dangerous opponent, I don't think Midnighter would be playing around like with his usual opponents.

#39 Posted by Billy Batson (56840 posts) - - Show Bio

CB wins either way.
BB

#40 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

Better call CB

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

CB wins either way.
BB

Chris Brown?
Moderator
#42 Posted by Billy Batson (56840 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Billy Batson said:

CB wins either way.
BB

Chris Brown?

CitizenBane.
BB

#43 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

CitizenBane.

BB

Same person.
Moderator
#44 Posted by Billy Batson (56840 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

BB

#45 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio

Was a thread not long ago that saw CB arguing Midnighter could beat both the Gorgon and Deathstroke at once if memory serves. Don't think the argument would change drastically much in a one on one.

That, and Gorgon was polluted by the whole Dark Avengers fiasco. Took some shine off his polish.

#46 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Was a thread not long ago that saw CB arguing Midnighter could beat both the Gorgon and Deathstroke at once if memory serves. Don't think the argument would change drastically much in a one on one.

That, and Gorgon was polluted by the whole Dark Avengers fiasco. Took some shine off his polish.

I think Citizenbane almost had a heart attack when he saw Daredevil KO Gorgon.

#47 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@castleking said:

a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand. their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter.
#48 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

@castleking said:

a billion scenarios wont help you when you have to settle on a single attack to execute........ a mind reader like gorgon can still attack and counter... this BS ability has gotten out of hand. their are numerous beings with a similar ability with on board computer tech with probable attacks counter adaptive upgrade attacks, files that have recorded every style on the planet and ppl... is is just as pointless as midnighter its BS and blown out of proportion... com systems that regulate the most efficient and optimal attack angle and response... midnighters ability is nothing special and ppl need to stop over exaggerating it... i blame one main person of this on this board for what he has ppl thinking about midnighter.

So...what exactly are you getting out of quoting a year old post from someone who not only is wrong, not only hasn't posted on this site in a year [thank god] but is also a notorious Marvel fanboy who simply hates Midnighter and knows little about the character?

On top of that I'm willing to bet anything that you've never read a comic with Midnighter or Gorgon in it.

#49 Posted by Saren (24269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Billy Batson said:

CitizenBane.

BB

Same person.

-___-

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Was a thread not long ago that saw CB arguing Midnighter could beat both the Gorgon and Deathstroke at once if memory serves. Don't think the argument would change drastically much in a one on one.

That, and Gorgon was polluted by the whole Dark Avengers fiasco. Took some shine off his polish.

That was Buckshot's gig. The walls of text were enormous.

I think Gorgon would do better against Midnighter than people like Wolverine or Deathstroke, but the more showings a character gets the easier it becomes to argue against them. I could have argued that Nemesis would beat Midnighter after her introductory series, since she could react to and one-shot a rushing Majestic among other things, but then she gets feats against other people that slowly move her down a notch or two. Gorgon's the same case, and I'm not even talking about that Daredevil kick, his fight with Phobos, though awesome, does work against him: Phobos is a godly kid, but I can't really argue that he's on Midnighter's level.

Moderator
#50 Posted by Billy Batson (56840 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

-___-

Don't deny ti!
BB