• 122 results
Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daydream

Peter has been informed that Aunt May has been shot again, this time by the Gorgon...a bloodlusted Peter Parker is now determined to take down the Gorgon through any means necessary (although he is aware of the dangers of Gorgon's stare).  The Gorgon meanwhile is waiting for a confrontation with Peter in the streets of NYC. Standard gears for both. So who wins this fight?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

If Spidey plays it smart, (which may be difficult if he's bloodlusted) he can win. He could use a long range web attack to cover the Gorgon's eyes and then take him out. But that may prove to be extremely difficult. 

I'd give the slight edge to Parker.
Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By The Average Bear
Webs to the face eliminates Gorgons eye abilities. Peter then has his pick of ways to defeat him.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Matezoide2

if Gorgon used his eyes powers on Peter,wouldnt he become stone like Wolverine did to him?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By The_Martian

First, I'm pretty sure we had this fight before, but I can't seem to find it.

Second, Spider-Man takes it. Does Gorgon have to look someone directly in the eyes like an actual Gorgon? If so Spider-Man should be protected by looking at him through his mask. Even if that wasn't the case Spider-Man has fought several opponents with his eyes closed.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Trackz

gorgon wins, he was taking on wolverine and elektra at the same time, easily. he's faster of the two and he's a much better fighter (leagues ahead of spiderman), not only that his telepathy nulls spiderman's spider-sense. gorgon was fast enough to block multiple machine gun bullets with his sword and deflect them back, spiderman is goign to be hard-pressed to hit him with webs. 

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By spidey 15

I'm not really sure cause i don't know how exactly gorgon's powers work but if he looked at spidey's eye he can turn him to stone ( i'm not sure if mask can protect pete)
But if spidey close his eyes he will fight better. It has been proven that when he can't see his opponet, he can fight a lot better due to the fact that his spider sense can be a lot more helpful and can rely to it more.
And a bloodlusted pete will end this as fast as he can.=]

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Martian
@Trackz said:
"  not only that his telepathy nulls spiderman's spider-sense  "

Reacts before he thinks
 Reacts before he thinks
@Trackz said:
" gorgon was fast enough to block multiple machine gun bullets with his sword and deflect them back"

Dodging Machine Gun fire from point blank
 Dodging Machine Gun fire from point blank
@Trackz said:
"  spiderman is goign to be hard-pressed to hit him with webs.  "

Not with this range
 Not with this range
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LT1085
@Daydream: That has got to be the worst picture of Gorgon I've ever seen. John Romita Jr. - Ruining comics since 1977.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spidey 15
@Trackz said:
" gorgon wins, he was taking on wolverine and elektra at the same time, easily. he's faster of the two and he's a much better fighter (leagues ahead of spiderman), not only that his telepathy nulls spiderman's spider-sense. gorgon was fast enough to block multiple machine gun bullets with his sword and deflect them back, spiderman is goign to be hard-pressed to hit him with webs.  "
First of all spidey is also faster than wolverine and elektra so that doesn't mean anything, especially when we are using a bloodlusted spidey who will use all his powers at their best .
The rest of your points had been adressed by some cool scans that Nobody posted...=]
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

I don't think Gorgon has anything that  Spidey hasn't  seen/defeated before.  Spider-Man

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Gorgon

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Martian
@Lance Uppercut said:
" Gorgon "
Why?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Nobody said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" Gorgon "
Why? "
Contrary to what Trackz may have said, his telepathy doesn't work the way he thinks it does. It also doesn't work in the form of a psychic blast in the same way your counterpoint used it. Rather, it seems to both slow reaction time and dull senses completely as shown here:

His reaction  times are pretty good as well, and his speed might be on par with Spider-Mans. I'll showcase his most impressive here -

In his first appearance, he's fighting off dozens of ninjas effortlessly. Also note that he's not even using his sight. It demonstrates that he uses his other senses to detect enemies, and his sight is really just unneeded. So even if Spiderman were to web his eyes, it wouldn't make a difference.

His first fight with Elektra was actually pretty impressive as well. She's not as fast as Spider-man, sure, but he literally embarrassed her. He gave her a weapon, proceeded to dodge all of her attacks (even multiple attacks within the same panel, showing some pretty good speed), then went on to not only break the sword, but hit her over and over again to the point where she wasn't even dodging.

Then we have his appearances in Secret Warriors where we cut off a speedsters hand.

Notice that he hits the girl before the one that was challenging before (J.T.) could react to it. 

That, and what's to keep him from cutting through Spider-mans webbing?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Martian
@Lance Uppercut said:
" Contrary to what Trackz may have said, his telepathy doesn't work the way he thinks it does. It also doesn't work in the form of a psychic blast in the same way your counterpoint used it. Rather, it seems to both slow reaction time and dull senses completely as shown here:  "
My scan wasn't showing that she could shoot telepathic blasts(thought she did in the scan), it was showing that someone who could read Spider-Man's mind and react with a thought couldn't keep up with him.

@Lance Uppercut said:
" His reaction  times are pretty good as well, and his speed might be on par with Spider-Mans. I'll showcase his most impressive here -

In his first appearance, he's fighting off dozens of ninjas effortlessly. Also note that he's not even using his sight. It demonstrates that he uses his other senses to detect enemies, and his sight is really just unneeded. So even if Spiderman were to web his eyes, it wouldn't make a difference. "

I'm skeptical on the Ninja Scan. Which Street Level hero hasn't taken on a dozen Ninjas on their own? In New Avengers, when they were attacked by the hand, Spidey was leaping across their heads like they were nothing.(I can provide a scan if you want, but I rather not :P) 

@Lance Uppercut said:
"

Notice that he hits the girl before the one that was challenging before (J.T.) could react to it.   That, and what's to keep him from cutting through Spider-mans webbing? "

Slicing a speedster is impressive, but not as impressive since she was in midair. Spider-Man has also tagged a few speedsters in his day(Whizzer and Quicksilver). Does J.T. have an enhanced reaction speed?

As for the webbing, if Spider-Man webs him the right way he couldn't cut it or if he just pour out enough of it(like the Daily Bugle scan or various other occasions he's done it) Gorgon wouldn't beable to cut through it.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lance Uppercut

My scan wasn't showing that she could shoot telepathic blasts(thought she did in the scan), it was showing that someone who could read Spider-Man's mind and react with a thought couldn't keep up with him.

Whatever she was doing, it was quite clearly a blast she was putting out. That, and I seem to recall her being a psychic of some note. So why was she even fighting him in hand to hand combat when she could have just shut down his mind? 

I'm skeptical on the Ninja Scan. Which Street Level hero hasn't taken on a dozen Ninjas on their own? In New Avengers, when they were attacked by the hand, Spidey was leaping across their heads like they were nothing.(I can provide a scan if you want, but I rather not :P)

Haha, no scan needed as it's perfectly within Spider-mans range. The point is that he was doing it blindfolded. He doesn't need his eyesight to see and react to Spider-mans attack, and I don't think gorgons going to need the stare in the first place.

Slicing a speedster is impressive, but not as impressive since she was in midair. Spider-Man has also tagged a few speedsters in his day(Whizzer and Quicksilver). Does J.T. have an enhanced reaction speed?

No, I don't believe he does. But aren't Spidermans feats tagging speedsters normally attributed to his reflexes rather then his actual skill? Whereas Gorgons seemed based on his own personal speed and reaction time. I mean, Cyke's hit Quicksilver with a lucky blow. And Hulks tagged Pietro too.

As for the webbing, if Spider-Man webs him the right way he couldn't cut it or if he just pour out enough of it(like the Daily Bugle scan or various other occasions he's done it) Gorgon wouldn't beable to cut through it.

As I said, I'm not really sure what's going to keep him from just cutting through it. Even in sheer volume, I don't think it's so fast that it's going to keep Gorgon from just cutting through it. Webbing him the "right way" is irrelevant if the opponent you're fighting is either fast enough to dodge your attempts, or just cut right through your webbing. We haven't really seen the cutting potential of his new blade, but if it lives up to the hype I don't see why it couldn't cut through webbing.
Avatar image for maxwell_lord_the_fourth
Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomi Shishido takes this easily,he is way more skilled than the Spider and that shall make the difference here.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Martian
@Lance Uppercut: 
  1. She could have shut his mind off yes. But like I said, the point was that he was to fast for a telepath to react to. That was my only point with that scan.
  2. Ah, I see what you are saying. So they both can fight without eyes.
  3. Two of the times he had hit speedsters he had to close his eyes and focus to do it. But I don't see the difference if one tags them with skill or with powers.
  4. My point with the webbing is that if there is so much he won't beable to make the motion to slice it. If all his limbs are stuck in a set position, he couldn't move his arms to slice it.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By geraldthesloth

Gorgon.

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PirateKing69
@cattlebattle said:
" I don't think Gorgon has anything that  Spidey hasn't  seen/defeated before.  Spider-Man "
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By SpidermanWins

This may be kinda difficult for Pete under normal conditions but the fact that he's blood lusted gives him an edge. Also, I do believe someone has already stated that the wall crawler fights better with his eyes closed. Gorgon get beat down pretty hard due to those factors. Also Spidey's web powers would hand him this battle pretty easy. I am actually debating whether or not Gorgon will land a hit due to all of Spider-Man's advantages.

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dark King

Gorgon wins handedly...

there is no reason to remotely belief Spidey can do what Wolvie, Elektra and army of shield agents couldnt..

Spidey is not significantly faster then Wolvie nor Elektra let alone both of them combined.

spidey is incapable of winning a single close quarter fight confrontation. his only chance is to use city setting and even then i still give it to gorgon 99.9999% of the time.

vcreed2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vcreed2002

I'm afaid I will have to go with the Gorgon.  Even though this is spidy and he is blood lusted I just don't see it.
Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Daydream

Oh hey I remember this thread. Bump.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CaptainRodgers

I don't know loads about Gorgon but i'd say he beats spidey. 

Achilles could answer this question , he knows a lot about Gorgon.
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PirateKing69
@CaptainRodgers:  why do you say Gorgon beats a Blood lusted spiderman?
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@Dark King said:
"Gorgon wins handedly...  there is no reason to remotely belief Spidey can do what Wolvie, Elektra and army of shield agents couldnt..  Spidey is not significantly faster then Wolvie nor Elektra let alone both of them combined.  spidey is incapable of winning a single close quarter fight confrontation. his only chance is to use city setting and even then i still give it to gorgon 99.9999% of the time. "

@PirateKing69:
Because of this ^ As i said i don't know loads about Gorgon but from feats ive been told and powers and skills etc. I thought he could , this somes it up pretty well ^
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PirateKing69
@CaptainRodgers: not really good comparing Spider-man to wolverine and Electra because he can beat both of them Blood lusted without much trouble...and is faster and stronger then both of them and wolvey and electra dont have webbing or spider-sense....so i will need more convincing for gorgon to win this...but you said you dont know to much about him i will see what other people say
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By spidey 15

In terms of reaction speed they are pretty even actually. 
A serious Pete, could use his spider-sense in a more effective way, that it could make him untouchable( like in his fight with Danny, where he was able to predict where his hits will be landed ). 
Gorgon's telepathy could be use in the same way. So i think it will be hard for both characters to land a hit on the other.  
I really don't know..... 
=[

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Even if everything else were equal (and it's not), Spider-Man's acrobatics make him a lot harder to hit and the fact that he has webs that could easily blanket any fighting area make Gorgon a lot easier to hit.

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PirateKing69
@spidey 15 said:
" In terms of reaction speed they are pretty even actually. A serious Pete, could use his spider-sense in a more effective way, that it could make him untouchable( like in his fight with Danny, where he was able to predict where his hits will be landed ). Gorgon's telepathy could be use in the same way. So i think it will be hard for both characters to land a hit on the other.  I really don't know..... =[ "
Did you account for Spideys webs? those should slow him down......and Buckshot post above has some good points
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By spidey 15
@PirateKing69 said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" In terms of reaction speed they are pretty even actually. A serious Pete, could use his spider-sense in a more effective way, that it could make him untouchable( like in his fight with Danny, where he was able to predict where his hits will be landed ). Gorgon's telepathy could be use in the same way. So i think it will be hard for both characters to land a hit on the other.  I really don't know..... =[ "
Did you account for Spideys webs? those should slow him down......and Buckshot post above has some good points "
I don't see how Gorgon will not be able to dodge the webbing. And they are fighting in NY streets. I think there is enough space for Gorgon to move so the webbing won't cover enough fighting area that would allow to Pete to have better chances of tagging Gorgon. Spidey has acrobatics but Gorgon has skills. Both are good ways that allow to these characters to counter their opponent's moves and attacks. 
Also, i have not chose any side in this battle anyway. I don't know if Gorgon or Pete wins.  
Maybe i could see spidey tagging him, if he try to attack on instinct. That means that if he tries to throw a hit without even thinking it( in a similar way he dodged the telepathic beam in the scan that Nobody posted in the first page ) then that would increase his chances of landing a hit since Gorgon's telepathy would not allow him to predict that attack. 
=]
vcreed2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vcreed2002

Tomi Shishido Would take this.  Wolvie has fought Spider-man and it has been a good fight.  The Gorgon Destroyed him and Electra together without much effert. 

Gorgon has a healing factor like Wolvie, strength, speed, reflexes/reaction, agility, dexterity and endurance are all heightened to superhuman levels, has a stare that turns people to stone, has top level fighting ability and has a   genius level intellect.   

Sorry but I do not see spidey taking this.  He will wear down and the Gorgon will not.  Sooner or later is lights out for Peter. Let's see, Peter Parker fighing a top lvl superhuman assasin with healing factor and stone stare.....come on. 

O' yeah forgot to mention his telepathic abilities which also could/would take care of the spider sense.    
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By spidey 15
@vcreed2002:  

Wolvie has fought Spider-man and it has been a good fight 

Spider-man has never been bloodlusted in their fights. So this is not really a comparison. 
=]
vcreed2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vcreed2002
@spidey 15:
Still changes none of the other things I said.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#39  Edited By Deadcool

I say Spider-man since he is bloodlusted.

vcreed2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vcreed2002

With a healing factor as good as wovies, Spider-man could not put him down.  Then you add the fact he is as strong, fast and has an ability on par with spider-sense, throw in his extreme lvl of combat training  and Genius lvl intelect....I mean wow!!   O' yea forgot to add he is always blood lusted. 

I know, I know, spidy has his webs well The gorgon has his stone stare.  Very interesting fight though.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SpidermanWins
@Ren said:

" @SpidermanWins said:

"This may be kinda difficult for Pete under normal conditions but the fact that he's blood lusted gives him an edge. Also, I do believe someone has already stated that the wall crawler fights better with his eyes closed. Gorgon get beat down pretty hard due to those factors. Also Spidey's web powers would hand him this battle pretty easy. I am actually debating whether or not Gorgon will land a hit due to all of Spider-Man's advantages. "

I think Gorgons battle precog is being forgotten here. That's how he would land a hit. Not that you would carry any bias with a name like "SpidermanWins" and all. "
lol I'll admit I don't know much about Gorgon but based on his bio I still gives webs the edge. And I may be a little biased but  precog is a lot like Petes spider sense huh? And thats just my name, c'mon. Everyones a little biased twords one character. Explain Gorgon's battle precog.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By spidey 15

I don't see why spidey could not win. 
Here he is bloodlsuted so he won't pull his fists neither he would hesitate to cut of his head. Also it's not like he has never KOed someone with a healing factor. He has KOed Wade before.  
Gorgon has genius level intellect? It's not like spider-man does not have the same level. Also it does not matter in this fight at all. It's not a chemistry contest. 
Also, spidey has a way to overcome his telepathic abilities. If he relies to his instinct without thinking or planning, he will be able to throw or dodge attacks instinctively, with the help of his spider-sense. Since these attacks will be based on instinct and not on his thought, then Gorgon's telepathy won't allow him to know that. And since spidey is aware of his abilities, this might be a likely scenario for spidey to do. 
As for the stone pare, it won;t be a problem for Spidey to close his eyes. Actually it will be good for him because when he is fighting without seeing, he is fighting more effectively. This is because he is more focused on his opponent and he relies to his sixth sense on the right way. A few examples of what i mean 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
=]
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PirateKing69
@spidey 15: So you think spider-man can pull the majority of the wins?
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By spidey 15
@PirateKing69 said:
" @spidey 15: So you think spider-man can pull the majority of the wins? "
I'm not sure who gets the majority. I'm just finding a good scenario that shows how spidey could win. 
He might get the majority but i'm not sure... 
=]
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PirateKing69
@spidey 15 said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
I'm not sure who gets the majority. I'm just finding a good scenario that shows how spidey could win. He might get the majority but i'm not sure... =] "
hmm I'm not a Gorgon expert does he have superhuman durability? Spidey should be in the 15-25 ton range?(could be wrong seen somewhere he was 10 but should be higher based on feats)
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By spidey 15
@PirateKing69 said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
I'm not sure who gets the majority. I'm just finding a good scenario that shows how spidey could win. He might get the majority but i'm not sure... =] "
hmm I'm not a Gorgon expert does he have superhuman durability? Spidey should be in the 15-25 ton range?(could be wrong seen somewhere he was 10 but should be higher based on feats) "
As i have heard from people that are actually expert on him, he has some pretty good durability feats. I don't think spidey will one shot him or something, but IMO, he has the strength that is needed to KO him. 
=]
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PirateKing69
@spidey 15 said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
hmm I'm not a Gorgon expert does he have superhuman durability? Spidey should be in the 15-25 ton range?(could be wrong seen somewhere he was 10 but should be higher based on feats) "
As i have heard from people that are actually expert on him, he has some pretty good durability feats. I don't think spidey will one shot him or something, but IMO, he has the strength that is needed to KO him. =] "
Ok i agree he wont one shot him...but with Spidey strength he should have a easier chance to KO Gorgon...then Gorgon does imo.....and Gorgons superior h2h skills wont be as much as a problem as usually because Spidey should be more concentrated...
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By spidey 15
@PirateKing69 said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
As i have heard from people that are actually expert on him, he has some pretty good durability feats. I don't think spidey will one shot him or something, but IMO, he has the strength that is needed to KO him. =] "
Ok i agree he wont one shot him...but with Spidey strength he should have a easier chance to KO Gorgon...then Gorgon does imo.....and Gorgons superior h2h skills wont be as much as a problem as usually because Spidey should be more concentrated... "
True. 
=]
vcreed2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vcreed2002
@PirateKing69 said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
Ok i agree he wont one shot him...but with Spidey strength he should have a easier chance to KO Gorgon...then Gorgon does imo.....and Gorgons superior h2h skills wont be as much as a problem as usually because Spidey should be more concentrated... "

Really!!  Ok, I can deal with the thought that Spidey may take a few....not many but a few....but Spidey actually having a better chance of one shot'ing Gorgon than Gorgon has of doing it to him??!!   
Come on man, one of the Gorgon's main area's of expertise is taking punishment and continuing to move forward.  He took all six of Wolerines claws directely and fully in the chest and didn't even seem to notice!  

If you say Spider-man can win this...ok.  Maybe with webbing, fighting from a distance and using his mobility to his advantage.  But he will never, ever beat the Gorgon in a full out one on one Brawl/show down.  Actually I think a bloodlusted Spidy would be at a disadvantage here.  He would be more likely to go toe to toe with the Gorgon instead of using his advantages.  Now a Spideer-man fighting without morals would be the one with the best chance of winning.....but I still think he wins 4 out of 10 at best.
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PirateKing69
@vcreed2002: i never said he would beat him in a one on one brawl i said he should be able to ko easier because of his superior strength...and if you read it i said he wouldn't one shot him at the beginning of the post... i never said he wouldnt use his webs or acrobats or spider sense or anything....with his strength which is higher then wolverines and gorgons....and blunt damage to the head or neck would do more damage then wolverine claws being stabbed in the chest imo