The Gorgon vs. Karnak

Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daydream
  • The Gorgon has challenged Karnak to a friendly duel, and the latter accepts.  Neither has any background knowledge of each other prior to the battle.  The Gorgon is unwilling to use his special gaze on Karnak out of respect, only wanting to best him with his physical attributes.  Can Karnak find a weakness in the Gorgon and overcome his opponent?
    Fight takes place in a dojo.
  • Rd 1: Hand to hand combat only.
  • Rd 2: The Gorgon has the Godkiller blade and Karnak gets an adamantium katana.
  • Win via KO or incapacitation.

Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Daydream

Bumpity bump.
EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karnak

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorgon both rounds easily. Round 2 is a slaughter.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First I thought it was his brother. Gonna have to research this guy

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorgon wins both rounds.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 morpheus_  Moderator

Gorgon kicks him to the curb.

I liked the "friendly duel" scenario of the OP, though. Thinking of Tomi giving Karnak a phone call is hilarious.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

Karnaks had trouble with Nightcrawler and been decimated by Black Panther twice. Unless he has gotten a serious upgrade in feats with more than slicing a bullet with his finger, he gets slaughtered. Gorgon at least has beating on both Wolverine and Elektra after tanking a surprise attack and an RPG, held his own against iron fist while posing as DA Wolverine using a weapon he never has, beating Shang Chi with Stark tech in a page when he got serious, and I heard he did well against Spider-Man in the Agents of Shield book but correct me on that last feat if I'm wrong.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 morpheus_  Moderator

@god_spawn: It was brief, and the fight is depicted solely in two panels, with Gorgon dodging a kick in the first, and attacking Spider-Man in the other. In the latter, Peter calls out for help because he seemingly can't keep up for much longer.

I might venture to argue that in the final panel prior to the infamous Daredevil kick, Gorgon had the upper hand against Danny.

I don't regard his showing against Shang as a good one for him, though. Shang-Chi landed far too many strikes, Stark upgrades or not.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@morpheus_: Eh, the Shang one to me is an up and down one, but my point in just using it is he did beat the snot out of Shang relatively quickly when he wanted to, which to me, is still a solid feat. And thanks for the info on the Spider-Man feat.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 morpheus_  Moderator

@god_spawn: You are quite welcome.

It's more impressive given that he did it while blinded. Then again, Shang throwing a fireball that, for whatever reason, he did not evade is what made it iffy in the first place.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nima_

@god_spawn: yup and it took a combined Cho Hulk head smash and Captain marvel blast to the torso to knock Gorgon out.

As far as Spider Man, to be fair HYDRA had the Caulson protocols which gave the villains the 411 on how to beat certain heroes. Gorgon knew to keep the fight up close between him and Peter.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: well he's fought with a blind fold so being blinded shouldn't matter which is why I go back and forth on that fight. I also argue that writers have ceased to acknowledge his mind reading/tp since his ressurection.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@nima_ said:

@morpheus_: well he's fought with a blind fold so being blinded shouldn't matter which is why I go back and forth on that fight. I also argue that writers have ceased to acknowledge his mind reading/tp since his ressurection.

He has fought with a blindfold in his origin flashback, but only against Hand ninjas, not a top-tier fighter like Shang.

The only time his telepathy was acknowledged post resurrection was in New Avengers #18.

No Caption Provided

Never offensively or during combat though, which is what I recently mentioned myself. The only writer that had Gorgon utilize telepathy consistently was his creator.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_ said:

He has fought with a blindfold in his origin flashback, but only against Hand ninjas, not a top-tier fighter like Shang.

The only time his telepathy was acknowledged post resurrection was in New Avengers #18.

No Caption Provided

Never offensively or during combat though, which is what I recently mentioned myself. The only writer that had Gorgon utilize telepathy consistently was his creator.

This is what bugs me. His mind reading/TP was ignored in both combat and non combat scenarios completely in Secret Warriors. In fact, when they were trying to figure out the HYDRA traitor, they utilized some no name HYDRA telepaths to vet everyone. Gorgon didn't catch her (unlesss that helmet/mask she wore blocked TP?) nor did they ask Gorgon to do the mind reading (yes he was a suspect but he did not read anyone himself)

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

oh god Gorgon stomps

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karnak got wrecked by Black Panther. Gorgon throws him off a cliff.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom
Stormismylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorgon wins.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GothamCiti

Gorgon should be way faster and more competent compared to Karnak.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gorgon wins but it will be a good match.