• 131 results
Avatar image for dylanthelastson
DylanTheLastSon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

TGE, no morals, every resource form his empire is available to him.

Thanos, no morals.

Rd .1 both 1hr prep

Rd .2 both have a day prep

Rd .3 random encounter

Rd .4 Bloodlust Random encounter

Rules for the fights, no bfr, to the death.

Battlefield is a indestructible war torn earth at night.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm.

DylanTheLastSon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a trough call for me, ill wait to more people post to see who I think would win

DylanTheLastSon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia: What do you think would win. To me its a very hard choice

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanman.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know enough about The God Emperor to say here but sounds interesting.

DylanTheLastSon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: Theses 2 links should help ya better understand TGE http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/god-emperor-of-mankind-wh40k-vs-thor-1508775/#25/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/god-emperor-of-mankind-wh40k-vs-odin-marvel-1508878/

The God Emperor is at normal a low tire to mid skyfather

mr_annihilate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dylanthelastson: Y you put no pictures?

Round 1: Thanos

Round 2: Thanos

Round 3: Emperor

Round 4: Emperor

None of them are stomps but thanos puts prep to good use. But TGE has a better moveset so unpreped thanos wouldn't be able to top him since it's random.

Just IMO i'm not a massive fan of either characters.

DylanTheLastSon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_annihilate: I wish I can but my phone won't let me. I feel that in the 1hr prep rd, TGE can pull out a win. Mind you it's not going to be easy

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Army2442

The Emperor wins in a random encounter but Thanos dominates with prep.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

1) Thanos

2) Thanos

Thanos can use prep to great use, GEoM takes years for any of his past prep feats to be pulled off.

3) Emperor

4) Emperor

Until Thanos can rip up Sectors of a Galaxy, or hold back Multiversal Gods of Chaos, or unleash attacks that are on par with a star with a eye blink, or freeze time, well then its no contest. Those hax powers.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@army2442 said:

The Emperor wins in a random encounter but Thanos dominates with prep.

I agree, but Thanos is NO pushover. Also, no annihilators cannot speedblitz the Emperor because the stronger primarchs have shown ftl. one example. Someone using barely a small portion of Sang's power.

Here one mutant uses this spear (later it was revealed that he could use only small portion of weapon abilities)

The Spear of Telesto worked and Arkio felt as if he were merely a vessel for the weapon, like the igniter for an explosive power so far beyond him as to be unimaginable. And yet, every second the weapon sang in his grip, and the teardrop blade brought ruin to hundreds of Traitor Marines, he felt himself changing. Power the likes of which he had never dared imagine coursed through Arkio, and his mind struggled to grasp it. The closest thing he could approximate it with was his rebirth when he left the sarcophagus on Baal for the first time, but even that was a pale shadow compared to the majestic force running through him now. He could see the passage of laser blasts as if they were suspended in the air. He tried to move and suddenly realized that now he moves at the speed faster than light. It was easy, as if he always could do it. Now he was invincible. By the lords, he was godlike.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14: I agree Thanos is no pushover but I think the emperor has the reflexes (I honestly haven't seen any thanos speed feats yet so I assume that geom can keep up) and the TP to ko if he goes ALL out. If he doesn't Thanos would probably one shot him.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@army2442 said:

@vortex14: I agree Thanos is no pushover but I think the emperor has the reflexes (I honestly haven't seen any thanos speed feats yet so I assume that geom can keep up) and the TP to ko if he goes ALL out. If he doesn't Thanos would probably one shot him.

I don't think so, he is perpetual whom have the ability to heal from being reduced to pile of blood (no quotes sorry.)

Malcador who is FAR below the Emperor was able to tk move a moon through the warp (larger than earth's moon) while simultaneously keeping daemons from eating it and maintaining the Astronamium.

For GEOM durability feats look at my post to you on Annihilators vs GEOM. He can summon a kine shield and time stop and heal himself.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Emperor stomps every round.

Giving Thanos is prep in the first two rounds makes me doubt that very much

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: Theses 2 links should help ya better understand TGE http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/god-emperor-of-mankind-wh40k-vs-thor-1508775/#25/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/god-emperor-of-mankind-wh40k-vs-odin-marvel-1508878/

The God Emperor is at normal a low tire to mid skyfather

No, he IS skyfather level, but probably no higher than that unlike the chaos gods who at the very most can probably Living Tribunal or PR beyonder.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Emperor stomps every round.

Giving Thanos is prep in the first two rounds makes me doubt that very much

I agree, it won't be a stomp every round. Watch out for DarkRaiden.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

Thanos with sufficient prep should win based on what I know about GEoM, which is limited to what people have posted on the battles forum. Random encounter would probably favor the Emperor.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@foolsgold: 1hr and one day isn't enough for Thanos not get wrecked.

You have no idea what Thanos is capable of with Prep do you?

Thanos with a short amount of prep with able to not only critically injure Galactus, but destroy Hunger, an extra-dimensional entity that was going to swallow the entire uinverse, and was powerful enough to control Galactus without the later even realizing it. Both of these characters would humble GEOM. Silver Surfer said himself that Thanos' technology would make Galactus' intellect strain, and the basic functions on Galan's ship had Reed Richards (a Prep Plot Device in of himself) completely dumbfounded.

So yeah, 1 hour may very well be enough to prep for what's essentially an Odin level threat. 1 day is more than plenty.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@foolsgold: I respectfully disagree, I haven't seen Thanos prep against someone else in like the Emperor who has a whole Empire for his resources and the same amount of prep. Thanos' best prep feats are against people who have had no prep themselves. He doesn't have that advantage here and he's agaisnt someone who can see the future.

And when has GEOM utilized his entire army/empire to yield a significant advantage? From 40K experts on this site, that doesn't seem to be his style. In anycase, Galactus and Hunger would solo GEOM and his army (Galactus destroyed the annihilation wave at near starvation), yet Thanos still beat him and Hinger together. GEOM being able to see in the future doesn't mean much when Thanos can manipulate his position in time. Furthermore, its not like Time abilities are exceptional powers once we start dealing with Skyfather level plus beings. Odin can see in the future and can stop, reverse and speed up time at will (He put the entire population of Earth into stasis at a whim). Yet a Thanoside (so inferior to the real Thanos), still defeated him with Prep in the tears of a God saga. Odin has better feats than God of War Mankind, an Asgardian army, and ascess to powerful weaponry like the Destroyer, his enchanted spear etc and he still got beaten.

Honestly I don't see what Geom has brings to the table that Thanos can't handle if he has time to tinker something up.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@foolsgold: 1hr and one day isn't enough for Thanos not get wrecked.

You have no idea what Thanos is capable of with Prep do you?

Thanos with a short amount of prep with able to not only critically injure Galactus, but destroy Hunger, an extra-dimensional entity that was going to swallow the entire uinverse, and was powerful enough to control Galactus without the later even realizing it. Both of these characters would humble GEOM. Silver Surfer said himself that Thanos' technology would make Galactus' intellect strain, and the basic functions on Galan's ship had Reed Richards (a Prep Plot Device in of himself) completely dumbfounded.

So yeah, 1 hour may very well be enough to prep for what's essentially an Odin level threat. 1 day is more than plenty.

Agreed.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@foolsgold: I respectfully disagree, I haven't seen Thanos prep against someone else in like the Emperor who has a whole Empire for his resources and the same amount of prep. Thanos' best prep feats are against people who have had no prep themselves. He doesn't have that advantage here and he's agaisnt someone who can see the future.

And when has GEOM utilized his entire army/empire to yield a significant advantage? From 40K experts on this site, that doesn't seem to be his style. In anycase, Galactus and Hunger would solo GEOM and his army (Galactus destroyed the annihilation wave at near starvation), yet Thanos still beat him and Hinger together. GEOM being able to see in the future doesn't mean much when Thanos can manipulate his position in time. Furthermore, its not like Time abilities are exceptional powers once we start dealing with Skyfather level plus beings. Odin can see in the future and can stop, reverse and speed up time at will (He put the entire population of Earth into stasis at a whim). Yet a Thanoside (so inferior to the real Thanos), still defeated him with Prep in the tears of a God saga. Odin has better feats than God of War Mankind, an Asgardian army, and ascess to powerful weaponry like the Destroyer, his enchanted spear etc and he still got beaten.

Honestly I don't see what Geom has brings to the table that Thanos can't handle if he has time to tinker something up.

GEOM can stop time. Speed up and reverse time, I've never seen him do, but it has been heavily suggested he can control space/time to an unknown scale. He can sense and feel ghosts in future and past. Magnus was able to teleport a population to another dimension.

You would need the Chaos gods to defeat Galactus and Hunger, since they are multiversal or far above in power.

Yeah, the Emperor is skyfather/Odin level at best.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure how the one-on-one fights would go. Bloodlusted or not, there guys are both extremely powerful and basically merciless to their enemies. The Emperor's telekinetic and telepathic powers would match what Thanos can do with energy, seeing as they're planetary level, and i think the Emperor has the edge in skill and tactics, being the military leader of billions and billions of super-human soldiers, who are at war with many different alien armies. I think Thanos may have the physical edge, though, considering the guys, and energy attacks, he's been hit by and has hit in return.

As for prep, the Emperor has an entire army and could easily destroy planets, using his own powers, those of his warp-wielding soldiers and various bombardments from spaceships, so i'm inclined to think he'd win with prep, but i don't know what Thanos has, if anything, to counter this. I hear he's a prep master, but i've only seen the result of his prep on a few occasions. I remember that he cloned Galactus, or something like that, though.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure how the one-on-one fights would go. Bloodlusted or not, there guys are both extremely powerful and basically merciless to their enemies. The Emperor's telekinetic and telepathic powers would match what Thanos can do with energy, seeing as they're planetary level, and i think the Emperor has the edge in skill and tactics, being the military leader of billions and billions of super-human soldiers, who are at war with many different alien armies. I think Thanos may have the physical edge, though, considering the guys, and energy attacks, he's been hit by and has hit in return.

As for prep, the Emperor has an entire army and could easily destroy planets, using his own powers, those of his warp-wielding soldiers and various bombardments from spaceships, so i'm inclined to think he'd win with prep, but i don't know what Thanos has, if anything, to counter this. I hear he's a prep master, but i've only seen the result of his prep on a few occasions. I remember that he cloned Galactus, or something like that, though.

GEOM would take a random encounter, but with prep he goes down.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, I've been hearing people saying on this battle that the emperor would take a random encounter. He should win a random fight, but Thanos stomps with good prep.

GEOM can control spacetime to an unknown degree with his power, but I haven't seen him reverse time outright.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14: Yeah, i'd like to see some proper Thanos prep feats though, ones that can match the entire army of mankind that the Emperor has on speed dial.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how Thanos is winning in the prep department, I swear I read in one of the many Emperor threads he can see most or all outcomes of the future in an instant or something to that degree, if he looked into his future and saw a battle against Thanos then saw that Thanos was undertaking all these plans he could probably just go back in time and destroy Thanos before he became a serious threat.

Thanos is no pushover even without prep to be sure and if I am mistaken on the Emperors ability then it's hard to say, but how long would it take Thanos to get the infinity gauntlet or some other OP plot device? could he really do that in a single day?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos all rounds

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@darkraiden said:

Thanos all rounds

nope.

No Caption Provided

This is the guy who at his peak holds back Multiversal Chaos Gods from overwhelming the Galaxy, and killed their champion Horus who had all the Gods powers poured into.

Thanos is not winning a random fight.

No Caption Provided

At all.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I know all of that. Thanos still easily wins.

GEOM wins a random fight, Thanos stomps with prep.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how Thanos is winning in the prep department, I swear I read in one of the many Emperor threads he can see most or all outcomes of the future in an instant or something to that degree, if he looked into his future and saw a battle against Thanos then saw that Thanos was undertaking all these plans he could probably just go back in time and destroy Thanos before he became a serious threat.

Thanos is no pushover even without prep to be sure and if I am mistaken on the Emperors ability then it's hard to say, but how long would it take Thanos to get the infinity gauntlet or some other OP plot device? could he really do that in a single day?

Universe, they will also take the universe and more.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I've read all about the god emperor now, he wins 6,5/10 against a Thanos with no prep-time. With prep Thanos takes the fight.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I've read all about the god emperor now, he wins 6,5/10 against a Thanos with no prep-time. With prep Thanos takes the fight.

I don't think so, Thanos is not beating the Emperor without prep at all, his only shot is with prep in this scenario, and I'm still waiting for someone to say what he can do with the one day of prep he has at his disposal, that the Emperor could not see coming with his foresight. If he can grab some plot device like the gauntlet or the HOTU in a day that would be seriously impressive and then of course he will take the battle with prep.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them are stomps but thanos puts prep to good use. But TGE has a better moveset so unpreped thanos wouldn't be able to top him since it's random.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14 said:

@darkraiden said:

Prove then.

I believe, given the Emperor's feats that he does not eclipse Thanos's feats. Thanos has insane durability to that a trying Odin couldn't put him down. And Odin>>>Emperor from what I've been told about him (the Emperor).

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_annihilate said:

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14 said:

@darkraiden said:

Prove then.

I believe, given the Emperor's feats that he does not eclipse Thanos's feats. Thanos has insane durability to that a trying Odin couldn't put him down. And Odin>>>Emperor from what I've been told about him (the Emperor).

I didn't say he eclipses/dwarfs Thanos, I just said he wins a random encounter. As for for GEOM vs Odin....I'm not going to get into that.

Alright, I'll give the Emperor's feats.

While his backstory still remains shrouded in mystery, it is generally agreed he was born on Earth during Prehistoric times in 8000 BC when shamans ( the very first human psykers) sacrificed their lives to reincarnate into the Emperor of mankind. The shamans walked the Earth even before the Emperor and many of them remember the dawn/predation of the human species. The Emperor added all of their experience and power to his own. The Emperor was many people throughout human history such as Buddha, Jesus, Alexander the Great and many others from history, mythology and religion (shape shifting and aiding mankind through the guise of all these historical,mythological and religious figures). Heck, he could have been George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and many others you couldn't think of.

His Primarchs sons all have only a tiny fraction of his power.

His mere presence was enough to utterly humble, drive insane, make go blind even powerful humans like space marines and Primarch.

He can also stop/slow down or whatever time.

While the Emperor is not nearly as powerful as the Chaos gods (whom are nigh omnipotent and multiversal or above), he is still herald/skyfather level.

He can teleport under his own power like he teleported himself and a small army aboard Horus's flagship. He is a master of fire manipulation

Biomanipulation: can rip apart someones molecules, turn someones blood to poison, his son Magnus made himself grow larger than a battle titan to beat down gargants in single combat. Was able to talk to his Vulkan many light years away by creating a body and could use his powers in this body. His son, Magnus, while on the other side of the galaxy, casually telepathically dominated Lorgar whom easily mind dominated a daemon that can mind control entire planets after he got serious and he did this while putting some effort into building a psychic weapon and avatar with his mind. Technopathy as can interact with and control machines very easily. In the novel Santus, a prophet whom was only given a small fraction of the Emperor's power was able to casually rip apart many kilometers long skyscrapers which he uses to create a city and then cloak that city. He also showed control of whether and earthly elements. The Empy completely healed Coarx after he was nearly ripped in half and Saints have been ressurected through his will and power IIRC.

There is far more of course and the Emperor created a dyson sphere with his mind to imprison the void dragon (was it the void dragon ?) and the void dragon, at it's peak, was worshipped as a god in more than a thousand galaxies and went around destroying entire civilizations for amusement.

Chaos gods would be VERY powerful by comic standards (but almost certainly not the most powerful, since they are not truly omnipotent).

He can also stop/slow down or whatever time.

Draco, Page 227

Quote:

Time twisted.

Time shifted.

Times was, and was not.

An eerie silver power flowed through Jaq, as though he

had invoked it by those words. The power used his mind as its conductor. He sensed how the time stream itself was being negated and annulled.

Some psykers of the highest level could distort time thus. Not Jaq, hitherto.

Never Jaq.

Page 228

Throbbing pipes ribbed the walls of the vast throne room. The muscles of the room were thick power cables feeding stegosaurian engines. The air was spiked with crisp ozone and bitter myrrh, and ointmented with balmy, somewhat greasy fragrances. The holiest battle banners, icons, and golden fetishes flanked the arena of dedication where psykers were soul-bound.

Squads of Emperor's Companions who guarded that vast hall, a mob of tech-priests ministering to the machinery, a gaudy Cardinal Palatinate and his entourage, a red-robed High Lord of Terra and his staff — not to mention clusters of Astropaths, chirurgeons, scholastics, battlemasters: all were motionless.

The soaring, tube-ridged throne resembled some fossilized, metastasized sloth crafted by some mad master of the Adeptus Titanicus. This enormous, sacred prosthetic device —more precious by far than any gold — framed the wizened, mummy face of the God. Who looked not; though he saw through eyes of the mind, saw far beyond his throne room and his palace and the solar system. Who breathed not; yet he lived more fiercely than any mortal, enduring a psychically supercharged life-in-death.

A Thousand Sons pg 890

Magnus set foot on the causeway, and the normal tempo of time's passage slowed, each raindrop falling as though in slow motion, the zigzagging traceries of lightning moving with infinite slowness.

There you go.

And time resuming.

Pg 896

Though it broke his heart, Ahriman nodded, and the world swelled around him as the flow of time restored its integrity from the distortion Magnus' arrival had caused. The bellows of burning pyres and immaterial thunder rolled across the face of the world once more, and the deafening fire of weapons roared even louder than before.

Well we have an example of a Navigator who bangs his head have enough power to stop, reverse, or loop time over an area the size of a Sector...

And the Emperor is many Orders of Magnitude more powerful.

More time shenanigans.

"'The daemon knows of our mission. It knows the strange nature of the weather that has been spreading from Ilissus. I believe it will attempt to save the planet and then feed the disturbance with its own life-force. No one entirely understands what is happening down there, but one thing is clear: if the disturbance is not curtailed immediately, we could be looking at a catastrophe of unimaginable proportions.' He taps the tube of parchment clasped to his belt. 'All these pretty signatures will be meaningless if the daemon manages to stoke whatever strange fire is burning down there. The temporal disturbances that have been plaguing this system could spread to the whole sector.' He looks at the officer. 'Even I cannot predict what would happen then.' His voice drops even lower. 'We must destroy the planet now, while our souls are still intact.'"

Pg.131 Sanctus

"Halser curses and shakes his head, trying to rid himself of his confusion. 'What is happening?' he cries. 'I keep seeing the same thing, over and over.'

He hears the voice of Comus in his head again. 'Sergeant. The power of this Astraeus is like nothing I've ever felt. I think time itself is bending to his will.' He pauses. 'Or maybe not even that. It feels almost as though time is collapsing.'"

Pg.161 Sanctus

"'He's going to unfetter us.' Comus's pain is clear to Halser, even over the vox. 'Whatever he's doing, it's going to unhinge time.'

'I don't understand!' cries Halser, reaching the archway and leaning against the stone to catch his breath.

'Ilissus is heading towards some kind of time loop. Maybe even the whole sector. Whoever this prophet is, you need to stop him.' There is an uncharacteristic note of fear in the Librarian's voice. 'You have to kill him, sergeant. The Black Legion want him to succeed. They have only attacked now to stop us hindering him. They could have struck at any time. He is dangerous, Halser. More than I guessed. Maybe he doesn't even realise it himself.'"

Pg.177 Sanctus

"'When the Emperor cast me down onto Ilissus I thought He had abandoned me.' The prophet waves at the ceiling. 'My beloved ship was utterly destroyed.'

Halser looks up and notices Imperial designs, warped into the strange architecture, as though the whole place has been grown from the carcass of a battleship.

'My injuries were horrendous,' he turns his head slightly revealing the signs of crude, brutal surgery on the back of his skull, 'but my children kept me safe.' He smiles at the adoring pilgrims. 'Over time, I realised the damage to my brain had untapped my true potential. That is all you are seeing here, sergeant: the true potential of a loyal subject.' He flexes his fingers and the air ripples visibly, like water. 'Soon I will have the power to crush those who would oppose us.' His voice grows higher in pitch. 'I will be invincible.'

Halser grips his bolt pistol tighter as he remembers his goal. He must stop this deluded monster before he tears the whole galaxy apart with his witchcraft."

Pg.187 Sanctus

There are more.

Anyway DarkRaiden, the Emperor wins the solid majority but it's not a curbstomp.

Also, hate to say but Doctor Who has defeated beings easily on par with if not stronger than Doctor Doom. Actually, I dare say stronger than Doom.

Here you go, Doctor Who feat thread: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/doctor-who-feats-and-source-thread.298198/

Just some highlights, the Time War was multiversal, the Guardians are multiversal, Chronovores eat entire universes like candy, etc.

EDIT: With morals off, the Doctor has used his in-universe probability manipulation, and can directly become one with all energy in the multiverse if he stops caring about the consequences.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14: I honestly do respect your knowledge of the Emperor and your opinion on this fight, so let me explain what I meant before. from what I've seen of Thanos's durability and unwillingness to die or yield, one has to greatly eclipse him in nearly every way to get a good victory. Even Galactus, who DOES eclipse him had troubles putting Thanos down, and Galactus was well fed at the time.

I believe it will look much like Emperor hitting Thanos with everything, Thanos walking through some stuff, being hurt by others, even ragdolled by others, but ultimately, when Thanos gets his offense in he either takes the Emperor out or eventually wears down on him. A battle of attrition of him.

The only thing that really gives me pause is the time stuff (which should just manifest as a significant speed advantage) and the telepathy (but Thanos has never really been successfully TP'd even by the most powerful of minds).

That's why I feel he wins. Personally.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14: I honestly do respect your knowledge of the Emperor and your opinion on this fight, so let me explain what I meant before. from what I've seen of Thanos's durability and unwillingness to die or yield, one has to greatly eclipse him in nearly every way to get a good victory. Even Galactus, who DOES eclipse him had troubles putting Thanos down, and Galactus was well fed at the time.

I believe it will look much like Emperor hitting Thanos with everything, Thanos walking through some stuff, being hurt by others, even ragdolled by others, but ultimately, when Thanos gets his offense in he either takes the Emperor out or eventually wears down on him. A battle of attrition of him.

The only thing that really gives me pause is the time stuff (which should just manifest as a significant speed advantage) and the telepathy (but Thanos has never really been successfully TP'd even by the most powerful of minds).

That's why I feel he wins. Personally.

Hey Darkraiden, you should know that The Emperor is beneath a Chaos god.

The Emperor has never fought a chaos god and he has never really pushed them. The only time they "kinda" came face to face is when the chaos gods sent their shadows to scatter the primarchs, the emperor faced them, sort of.

I mean shadows because the chaos gods are too powerful to exist in the material universe, like Magnus the Red is now too powerful to ever fully manifest. CG crammed what power they could in the material realm and sent them, but the Emperor chose to back down. This meant he would have lost, or he would have won but it would have cost him so much power it would have ended him. Empy looked into the future for all the possible outcomes, except Horus betraying because the CG didn't want him to see that.

Note: It is heavily,HEAVILY implied the emperor brokered a deal with the chaos gods to get the knowledge and power to create the primarchs and whatever the deal was, he broke it.

In the Horus Heresy, the chaos gods never intended to "win". They intended for Horus to fight the Emperor, mortally wound him then die. This is hinted everywhere, but proven in the visions they give Horus of what the future will bring should he stay loyal (in truth the future they showed him was what would happen if he turned traitor, but they are tricky like that.) They showed horus a future of a man a corpse sitting on the Golden throne (the emperor) but Horus thought it was him and such, so he rebelled hoping he could save his future and vice versa.

The 40k galaxy, as it is now, is what the Chaos Gods wanted it to be. They wanted the Emperor to be worshiped as a god by humanity. They wanted humanity to be forever sentenced to stagnation which is why you will see people say that Chaos won the horus heresy. Horus and the CSMs lost, but Chaos won.

the Emperor in a sense is holding back the Warp. He is only said to be 'holding back the Dark Gods' by the Imperials, but taken into context, the Chaos Gods aren't really pushing to take over the galaxy, they are, more so, enjoying the ride because, again, time means nothing to them.

Anyways, to sum it up, the Emperor is beneath a Chaos God. He is not nearly as powerful as any of them and if he had attempted to truly fight one, head to head, he would be annihilated which is why his plan revolved around cutting humanity off from the warp as much as possible.

So....Chaos gods stomp Odin but the Emperor loses, probably. But that's just my opinion since the Emperor's power level is at best speculative. So is the chaos god's, but I know they are multiversal or above. But the Emperor ? Nope. Not Until I get feats and quotes from him.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Thanos all rounds

nope.

No Caption Provided

This is the guy who at his peak holds back Multiversal Chaos Gods from overwhelming the Galaxy, and killed their champion Horus who had all the Gods powers poured into.

Thanos is not winning a random fight.

No Caption Provided

At all.

Nice, did you draw that picture ?

Flyingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: in the Warp he is universal or multiversal, but in the material universe he is not that powerful.

Thanos has immune to reality warping.

No Caption Provided

And multi-star system level durability.

So Thanos wins.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flyingcliffs: Thanos is not immune to reality warping. Your scan shows this as he is affected by pieces himself together, it's not even a reality attack of quantifiable power either.

Thanks never tanked multi star level power and recent times has issues with Avengers lol.

GEOM at his living best is sector of the Galaxy level. His TP is Galaxy level. He still has thousand year Precog abilities, time freezing abilities, lightspeed reaction, slow time, planet cracking blows, and star level energy attacks, and soul manipulation. All this is shown while alive.

Thanos is outclass mate.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flyingcliffs: Thanos is not immune to reality warping. Your scan shows this as he is affected by pieces himself together, it's not even a reality attack of quantifiable power either.

Thanks never tanked multi star level power and recent times has issues with Avengers lol.

GEOM at his living best is sector of the Galaxy level. His TP is Galaxy level. He still has thousand year Precog abilities, time freezing abilities, lightspeed reaction, slow time, planet cracking blows, and star level energy attacks, and soul manipulation. All this is shown while alive.

Thanos is outclass mate.

Pffft, did you know the Emperor can grant godlike powers and immortality (Imperial saints, guardians of void dragon,etc,etc...........) to anyone he wishes Sirfizzwhizz ? He can ftl across the galaxy under his own power and he was Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad and many other figures throughout human history. Lion El Jonson and luther wrecked a fortress monastery that was over 30m long at least and probably vastly, vastly larger and shrugs off starship weapons, Ferrus and Fulgrim traded blows that would "defeat armies and topple mountains" and illuminated their battle for hundreds of metres with their ferocious energies.

A prophet/navigator from the 40k novel sanctus was casually and effortlessly reshaping an entire planet (vastly changing the topography atmosphere, etc.........) , raising mountains deep out of the ground at will, Altering the whole atmosphere, turning people to stone, creating great cities for his pilgrims and cloaked them like how themyscira was cloaked and he did this casually under his own power, bending time itself to his will, creating timeloops on whole sectors, almost collapsed time etc..........and he was only getting MORE and MORE powerful.

Dak'ir casually flew through space under his own power, casually cut a chaos capital amped ship in half that dwarfed battle barges in half just by swinging his sword and flying fast at the ship. He almost destroyed a planet in his fight with a daemon and almost destroyed it again just by getting too powerful and had to commit suicide.

Breadth of the gods (which was being powered solely by a c'tan shard) was warping reality in many ways over vat unimaginable distances, destroying planets and stars and remaking them, and almost swallowed and destroyed all of reality via temporal blackhole. The c'tan have just about no limit to their except for what they can imagine.

Magnus can turn h20 into something corrosive enough to melt space marine and reinforced space wolf wulfen super space marine armour. That easily puts him in the teraton-petaton range considering he can turn entire OCEANS into something new (eg add protons/neutrons from pure energy)And that's using known science to transmute elements. If you go the other way, Magnus is a reality warper limited by his imagination.Then he created a hurricane of immaterial fire that tore/bent reality a bit and shook a planet (not prospero) to it's core just by raising his arms.

"Magnus stopped next to Ahriman and placed a hand on his shoulder. The hand was that of a giant, yet he looked up at a face that was only slightly larger than his own, the features sculpted as if from molten metal, the single eye green once more. Ahriman felt the immense, unknowable power of his primarch, understanding that he stood before a living sun, the power of creation and destruction bound within its beauteous form.

Magnus' body was not so much flesh and blood, but energy and will bound together by the ancient science of the Emperor. Ahriman had studied the substance of the Great Ocean with the aid of some of the Legion's foremost seers, yet the power that filled his primarch was as alien to him as a starship was to a primitive savage."

Pg.89 ATS