The Game of Thrones: Battle Royal of 16 amazing fighters!

• 58 results
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GhostRider29

Just letting everyone know, spoilers do happen in the Game of Thrones threads. So in this battle it's going to be right outside of...

Winterfell.

Winner becomes the King/Queen of the 7 kingdoms!

Here are the contestants:

1. Bronn
  2. Jamie Lannister
  3. Sandor Clegane(The Hound)
  4. Gregor Clegane(The Mountain)
  5. Jon Snow
  6. Jorah Mormont
  7. Loras Tyrell
  8. Brienne of Tarth
  9. Robert Baratheon
  10. Khal Drogo
  11. Ned Stark
  12. Barristan Selmy
  13. Janos Slynt
  14. Jory Cassel
  15. GreatJon Umber
  16. Oberyn Nymeros Martell (The Red Viper)

There are going to be two rounds...

ROUND 1: All in character, all in the best shape of their life. People that would work together will be standing next to each other before the fight. No outside interference. Winner is the last one standing. So when it comes to a group of friends that survive, only one can be allowed to stand.

ROUND 2: All characters have no morals and are in the best shape of their life. Everyone will go after everyone, so it's anyone's game. They all start off ten feet away from each other in a circle. No one has any range weapons. No outside interference.

How does each round go? Who dies first, last, or doesn't even deserve to be in this? Tell me what ya'll think! :D

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BringnIt

Jamie and Barriston Selmy should be the best of the knights. Robert and Jon Snow are wild cards, in my opinion--virtually impossible to evaluate these two accurately.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GhostRider29

@BringnIt said:

Jamie and Barriston Selmy should be the best of the knights. Robert and Jon Snow are wild cards, in my opinion--virtually impossible to evaluate these two accurately.

You got to think though, how would they react in round 2? They'd have to watch their own backs, kill everyone around them, and even then be careful for if someone is lying down acting dead(Something that I could see Bronn doing if it got hectic). I just wish that this really would happen. And the only reason I have Jory in there instead of someone else is because I actually liked the guy. Even though in both the show and book he's barely in it.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BringnIt

Well, if they are initially fighting together, I could see Robert, Ned, Jon and potentially Brienne working together to make a pretty formidable team.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BringnIt

My buddy just pointed out that Selmy would be with Robert as well. I really don't know how round 2 would go.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By greenteaforme

I thought rules prohibited non-comic book characters.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Blood1991

Does Brienne have Oath Keeper? If so I give round 2 to her she was able to pwn every one of Renly's kingsguard, and Jamie. Her without morals would be nasty.

Round 1 I wanna say Gregor based on his size and the simple fact that he isn't going to change at all between rounds.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BringnIt

She hardly owned Jamie, and he wasn't exactly in the prime condition of his life. Why would you pick The Mountain out of a list of people that includes the man who ended his life?

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

If you are strictly talking about things that have happened in the TV show so far, Sandor easily looked the most impressive, of course there is word of mouth, with a boat load of people stating how skilled Jamie was, but Sandor has performed the best so far. Taking on the Mountain among other things.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Blood1991

@BringnIt said:

She hardly owned Jamie, and he wasn't exactly in the prime condition of his life. Why would you pick The Mountain out of a list of people that includes the man who ended his life?

He kinda was killed too and not by poison. He is just massive, strong and has no morals at all.

Also I asked if she had her sword if not then I don't think she would win. She may not own him, but she is the character who out of all of these hesitates to kill the most and yet she was able to defeat some of the best fighters in Westeros

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GhostRider29

@BringnIt: I believe GreatJon would work with Robert and Ned in round 1 too. Also, Jory was Ned's Number 1 man. So he'd help them two. But Idk about Brienne.

@Blood1991: Jamie was tired, has been in cages/dungeons for so long he felt like he was losing his skill, and his hands and legs were chained. Made movement very hard. I bet any more that if he was fresh and unchained, that he'd beat her.

@Uno_Oscuro: It's both the show and all five books.

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@GhostRider29: Ahh, well, I haven't read all the books yet, so I can't judge. And now I'll have to leave this battle so that nothing is spoiled for me. Cool battle though, I'm loving me some GoT.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GhostRider29

@Uno_Oscuro: Yes, you need to get out of here soon then. Lol Spoilers are really hard to avoid when talking about GoT. It's just... too... hard... Lol

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheDude123

Jamie Lannister without a doubt.(best looking sword also).

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crackerjack82
  1. Bronn Killed by Barristan, for being a honorless dick
  2. Jamie Lannister
  3. Sandor Clegane(The Hound) Killed by his Brother
  4. Gregor Clegane(The Mountain) Killed By his Brother
  5. Jon Snow, Killed by Bronn
  6. Jorah Mormont, would fight Ned, could go either way, Would have Longclaw
  7. Loras Tyrell Killed by Brienne
  8. Brienne of Tarth
  9. Robert Baratheon
  10. Khal Drogo Would fight robert
  11. Ned Stark, would fight Jorah, could go either way, he would wield ICE
  12. Barristan Selmy
  13. Janos Slynt, Killed by Snow
  14. Jory Cassel Killed by Jamie
  15. GreatJon Umber, killed by Jamie

Overall Jamie would win this

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GhostRider29

@TheSwordsman: With out a doubt? Both rounds?

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BringnIt

@Blood1991 Because he was arrogant, his skill and speed advantage was massive as well. @TheSwordsman Definitely not in round 1, but I think he and Selmy are the best fighters here.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheDude123

@BringnIt said:

@Blood1991 Because he was arrogant, his skill and speed advantage was massive as well. @TheSwordsman Definitely not in round 1, but I think he and Selmy are the best fighters here.

@GhostRider29 said:

@TheSwordsman: With out a doubt? Both rounds?

Well, he might have a bit of trouble in the first round but knowing him he would use his guile and poison tongue to get many of them to fight each other or make them so angry that they fight wildly and without skill,,lol (although it would still be a difficult win).

He would definitely win the second round hands down.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GhostRider29

@BringnIt said:

Even if they're the best fighters, would that be enough? Think about Stamina. What if the hound went after one, The mountain the other. Then Robert one, Drogo the other? They could tire out real fast. Lol I'm just trying to make it more exciting.

@TheSwordsman: How would he get guys that love each other like brothers, a son, a man 100% loyal and would never change that, and a close friend to change that? They all hate Jamie other than Selmy.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GhostRider29

@crackerjack82 said:

1. Bronn Killed by Barristan, for being a honorless dick
  2. Jamie Lannister
  3. Sandor Clegane(The Hound) Killed by his Brother
  4. Gregor Clegane(The Mountain) Killed By his Brother
  5. Jon Snow, Killed by Bronn
  6. Jorah Mormont, would fight Ned, could go either way, Would have Longclaw
  7. Loras Tyrell Killed by Brienne
  8. Brienne of Tarth
  9. Robert Baratheon
  10. Khal Drogo Would fight robert
  11. Ned Stark, would fight Jorah, could go either way, he would wield ICE
  12. Barristan Selmy
  13. Janos Slynt, Killed by Snow
  14. Jory Cassel Killed by Jamie
  15. GreatJon Umber, killed by Jamie

Overall Jamie would win this

I honestly don't see most of this fight going this way at all. Only one that makes sense is Jorah vs. Ned. Khal wouldn't even know which one is Robert. Lol And this seems only for Round 2. What about Round 1?

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gritterr

Selmy in his Prime would be too much IMO. Selmy has everyone beat Feats wise. Its either him or Jamie in the end. Brienne and Loras are my wild cards.

Also I think Arthur Dayne would beat all

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GhostRider29

@Gritterr said:

Selmy in his Prime would be too much IMO. Selmy has everyone beat Feats wise. Its either him or Jamie in the end. Brienne and Loras are my wild cards.

What about Round 1: Selmy would only fight for the King at first. Which leads to Robert, would would work with Ned, with his first hand man Jory, and his son Jon. We both know Jamie would do anything to kill Robert and be kill to marry Cersei.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gritterr

@GhostRider29: Round 1 is tough if I understand the rules right all of neds people would be roberts as well so i guess Robert would be left by default or its him vs Ned to the death. No idea

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheDude123

@GhostRider29 said:

@TheSwordsman: How would he get guys that love each other like brothers, a son, a man 100% loyal and would never change that, and a close friend to change that? They all hate Jamie other than Selmy.

He would not, of course, be able to get loved ones to turn against each other, but there is a slight chance that he could play some of the fighters against one another and a very real chance that he could enrage them all to the point of reckless fury by using their hatred for him to his advantage. It is a long-shot but it is his only chance. I will admit,though, that he, in all probability, does not win round 1. Round 2 is definitely his for the taking.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By crackerjack82

@GhostRider29: Reading all the books i will explain why

first you said in they are in there prime. Meaning the two best people will be Jamie and Barristan the bold are the best fighters

Bronn is sneaky,

the Cleganes would kill eachother

Drago, would attack the who he thinks is the biggest baddest person, robert looks that way the reason he would fight

Ned and Jorah have history, And due to lack of feats it goes either way

Bronn will attack Snow, while he is watching Ned fight, now if you put him as Lord commander of the nightswatch he would attack Jorah after killing Slynt

and No matter what if they are in there prime Jamie will win

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jayfournines

Jon Snow takes it, he's my fave

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crackerjack82

@Jayfournines: Snow does not have the skill to win, sorry to say, he ijs good, but he is below most here in terms of skill

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jayfournines

@crackerjack82 said:

@Jayfournines: Snow does not have the skill to win, sorry to say, he ijs good, but he is below most here in terms of skill

To be completely honest, I think Jaime Lannister wins this, I just WANT Jon Snow to win something, that poor bastard =(

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crackerjack82

@Jayfournines: im with you on that, if snow had more skill id say hell yes

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Shadow_Thief
yo927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By yo927

If you put Syrio Forel in this battle, he would defiantly come in top 3 considering the fact that while old, he was able to kill or maim 5 trained solders with a wooden sword. Imagine the devastation he would cause in his prime with a real sword.

As for those who are in the battle, I think Selmy in his prime would win, considering that his current old self is considered to be extraordinarily dangerous. The only person I could see killing him is Drogo, because when he was fighting the men outside of the seven kingdoms, he had trouble deflecting their speedy blows, and relied on his armor to block them.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaime

VoraciousSouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Oberyn martell is being severely underestimated, the only reason he got killed by Gregor clegane in the book is that he was very cocky and focusing on showmanship and getting him to say something.

If he is serious about the fight, he will be using the gnarliest poison he can get his hands on, and he will be fighting carefully with his spear.

If he were using poison that killed fast instead of his long painful stuff he would have easily killed the mountain.

In this fight all he has to do is avoid attacks, which he has demonstrated being good at, and he will only have to hit people once to kill them.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By schillenger420

This is a good battle and a pretty tough one to call. In round 1 I'm giving this to team Baratheon. Since he's king he's going to have Selmy, all of the Starks, probably Brienne as well (she fights for either House Baratheon or Catylen so it's a safe assumption.) , the Greatjon and Jory. They just have the numbers. The Jaime's got the Clegane's, probably Bronn (he is a sellsword) and Janos Slynt.... that's about it. Drogo I guess would have Mormont, but he's highly outnumbered. Loras Tyrell really doesn't belong to a team. I suppose you could give him to the Lannister's but it's not like he ever liked them or wanted to fight with them. Him being on their side was always engineered by the Queen of Thorns, so if given the option I doubt he'd side with them. Last is poor Oberyon who winds up being the cheese that stands alone. Jaime is good, as are the Cleganes, but they have a challenge on their hands with Robert in his prime (killed Rheagar on the Trident), Ned in his prime (Who survived a battle with Arthur Dayne, arguably the best knight who ever lived.... Ned did have help though but not that much.), Selmy Barristan in his prime, the Greatjon (you didn't see it in the show but at the Red Wedding he was the hardest 'good guy' to kill),etc... yeah, Team Baratheon in round 1.

Round 2 is much tougher. Jaime is good, or at least supposed to be, but he doesn't really have that many feats in the books. His reputation is mainly by word of mouth, though it was said by Selmy that Jaime was the best natural swordsman he'd ever seen. When Brienne beat him in the books she all but admitted that had Jaime not been chained and basically imprisoned for a year he'd have beat her pretty easily. Robert, well he did kill Rheagar who was supposed to be one of the most dangerous knights in Westross so he's not exactly featless and I can't really count him out. Ned.... as I said he's one of the few that faced Arthur Dayne in battle and walked away. Also a pretty significant feat, even if the odds were 2-1 in his favor. Dayne was really supposed to be THAT good.... Barristan is regarded throughout all of Westros to be one of the most dangerous knights alive, and this is old Barristan. Those are the ones I believe will be the last ones standing when everything's said and done, and at this point it's pretty rough to decide a winner. I'm going with a Barristan v Jaime showdown with Barristan coming out the victor. I think Jaime will just get too frustrated fighting Barristan until he finally makes a mistake. Winner Barristan Selmy. Close fight though and I can see how people's opinions can vary widely with this one.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta bump this cuzz I don't want this thread to fade into obscurity. GoT is awesome and I'm positive as March approaches there'll be more GoT battles. Can't wait.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cregan_Stark

Jaime wins. Barristan, the Clegenes and The GreatJon might make him break a sweat but he's too much for them.

Sorry, I misread and didn't realize that it is their Prime. Last ones standing are Robert, GreatJon, Jaime, Gregor and Sandor. With it coming down to Jaime vs. Barristan (in prime). Barristan in his prime beats Jaime.

yo927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those of you who know what I'm talking about, Jon might win if he has bastard rage

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yo927: Jon's blackout rage is impressive but he's not defeating everyone here. He beat Iron Emmett who is very impressive as a swordsman and I think with his rage he beats Loras, Slynt and Ned (possibly Brienne) but the others at this point are in another class or two (maybe even 3).

yo927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, rage can only push you so far. Plus it would be pretty hard to concentrate on monologuing to yourself about how you'll never get you dad's inheritance, while everyone around you is trying to kill you.

The more I think about it, the more I think The Red Viper would win in Round 2, considering his insta-kill poison is technically tournament legal, and he is undoubtedly skilled enough to hit even Barristan in this battle at least once.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yo927: he couldn't hit Barristan in his prime nor could he hit Jaime. Probably not Bronn either.

BTW, why is Drogo in this? This is beyond him by a mile.

yo927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By yo927

@cregan_stark The Red Viper is known for his speed, and I'm sure he could at least get a scratch on Barristan, even in his prime. Something I noticed was that when fighting against the Arakh, Westerosi fighters such as Jorah and Barristan rely mainly on their armor to deflect the slices of the swords, because they are not used to their speed. The Red Viper uses a spear, which cuts through air considerably faster than a sword, so i think he would at least get a scratch in.

As for Drogo, it is not that far beyond his skill level. It takes considerable skill to be able to not lose a single battle out of the many battles indicated by the bells in his hair.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yo927: a spear is also different because it is pointed and easier to avoid the dangerous area. Fighting the mountain and fighting Barristan are two vastly different tasks. Barristan will protect the weak areas in his armor while setting the red viper up for the kill shot.

Killing armored knights is not in Drogo's skillset, if they were all fighting without armor then if give Drogo a chance but if he's fighting against many armored knights, he'd die in a hurry.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaimie and Barristan are in different league. They could probably fight all other people in this thread at the same time and win.

yo927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d3athstroke:

Not at all. Think back to the fight of Arthur Dayne, Oswell Whent and Gerold Hightower vs. Ned and his 6 bannermen, Ned and his companions beat Arthur Dayne and company. Arthur Dayne was supposed to be as good as Barristan, with Arthur’s sword giving him the edge, and Gerold Hightower was better than Jamie when Jamie was in the Kingsguard. Ned was supposed to be the best of his companions in the fight, and considering that in Jamie and Barristan v. all, there are more than six other people other than Ned, most of whom are better than Ned, Jamie and Barristan could not singlehandedly take down all of the other people in this fight.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yo927: Hightower was only on Jaime's level because he was like 15, Jaime in his prime stomps him. Also, we have no idea what went down at the tower. There are so many possibilities there that it isn't funny.

I agree that they couldn't take everyone at the same time but one on one those two reign supreme with Barristan being better than Jaime.

mike01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mike01

Ok people get over Jamie lannister. His reputation is amazing but his actions are not. If you closely examine him you can see that his reputation is based on his heritage more than his skills.

1)

The lannisters are said to be the richest family in westros but it is revealed that this is only due to reputation. Tywin tells cerci that their gold mines have been empty for years. They are rich because of loans and the perception of being rich.

Do you really thing they are not above building up their own reputation? If they can do this for the families wealth why not the skills of Jamie lannister?

2) Brienne disarmed Jamie. While he had been in a pen for a year....so what? Do you think that would happen to oberyn? I don't.

3) When training him bron mentions that any good fighter can use both hands. He can't even hold his own against bron who is slightly above the average soldier if that.

4) Where are his feats? Oberyn killed the mountain. Khal droyo killed a man unarmed and ripped out his tongue. Barriston beat more man than any other in history in single combat. Jamie took out 4 stark men and was captured. Not impressive.

Oberyn would win every round.

yo927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By yo927

@mike01 1st of all Oberyn wouldn't win both rounds. In round 1, the numbers are simply not in his favor. As @schillenger420 said "poor Oberyon winds up being the cheese that stands alone." No one would side with him and there's no way he can take down the Stark/ Baratheon team of 5 (Jon, Ned, Robert, Jory, Greatjon), possibly even 7 (Breinne who either fights for Baratheon or Jamie, and Barristan who would probably fight for either Robert or Drogo). Oberyn would defiantly have a chance of winning round 2 though.

Also about Jamie, how you said he only killed 4 stark men, HE STILL KILLED 4 STARK MEN! These are men that have had formal instruction as knights since they were old enough to wield a sword, and were handpicked by Robb as members of his guard. Still, he probably wouldn't win either round considering his hot-headedness.

Finally, you said Bronn was only slightly better than the average soldier which isn't true. He has shown excellent deductive skills, in the way of observing an opponent's fighting style. he points out, and demonstrates on multiple occasions how he could easily defeat someone after observing how they fight. I honestly believe that he might even be able to beat The Hound after observing his fighting style in king's landing for the time he had to do so. Regardless, someone like Barristan, who he never observed and is fast enough to injure him, would kill him in this battle.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike01:

1. It also helps that the kingdom does owe them thousands of coins. When the crown is in debt to you, you are wealthy. Even if you don't have the coin on you at the time.

2. If you read the book you would realize that Jaime was in the worst condition of his life during that duel. He was half starved and hadn't been allowed to exercise or move for a year. His body was ruined. He wasn't as strong or fast as he was before he was taken prisoner, his stamina was in the gutter, and he hadn't even held a sword in a long time. Even with all that against him Brienne admitted in her inner monologue that if Jaime's hands weren't chained together during their duel, Jaime would have killed her without too much trouble. The show left out a lot of very important details from this fight.

3. Jaime never trained with Bronn in the books so this conversation didn't happen. Aside from that Bronn isn't slightly above the average. He is quite skilled. He defeated a fully armed knight while wearing nothing but boiled leather. Contrary to popular belief, armor is NOT a handicap in any way. The fact Bronn was able to win that duel shows he was much, much more skilled that his opponent who, as a knight of the Vale, had been training since childhood in the art of the sword, and seemed to be well respected among the other knights.

4. You don't seem to read the books so it's understandable that you wouldn't know Jaime's biggest feat, but still. You should have done more research. At the age of 15, and still only a squire, Jaime crossed swords with the infamous Smiling Knight, who was described as the Gregor Clegane of his day. The Smiling Knight was a brutal and dangerous swordsman, and was completely mad. Jaime survived the encounter, after which the Smiling Knight was slain after an extended exchange with the legendary Arthur Dayne, who then knighted Jaime on the spot for his performance against such a deadly foe. Anyone who can fight Arthur Dayne, one of the greatest knights in Westerosi history, is himself an incredible fighter, and Jaime was able to cross swords with him at the age of only 15. That's the same Arthur Dayne that Ser Barristan admires more than any other man he's ever met, by the way.

primeaxiom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By primeaxiom

Barristan "the bold" wins it all. No one has more experience, brains, or skill. I believe it ultimately comes down to him and the Viper. If you put Drogo in some Westeros armor he might have a chance. The Mountain is all brawn but that only gets you halfway. The same goes for Hound. Why the hell is Slynt even on the list...Dario Naharis should be in there instead or Syrio Forel of Bravos. Jamie Lannister and Eddard Stark are the wild cards. Has everyone forgotten that Ned fought toe to toe with Jamie until the cheap shot. Ned Stark is also responsible for slaying the great Arthur Dayne(arguably the greatest warrior in the history of Westeros).

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primeaxiom: I agree that Barristsn wins. However, I disagree that the Viper is one of the last standing, he didn't do a whole lot in the books. Also, you can't just throw armor on Drogo and call it good, he would be extremely hindered by the weight. The Hound is more than just brawn. Jaime ranks as a close 2nd here.