The Galactic empire vs The Imperium of Man

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vrakmul

A wormhole connects the Star wars galaxy to the larger Milky way, and the imperium of man launches an all out blitzkrieg onto the Star wars galaxy destroying the rebel alliance instantly.  This is the Battle of Endor era empire, but the Death Star was blown up by the Imperium before either the emperor or Vader arrived.  The Imperium is at it's peak with the 20 primarchs. 

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Vrakmul

but the imperium also has whatever tech it managed to attain by the 41st millennium, so 8th Cadian FTW! 

Kataklysmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kataklysmo
Imperium of course
Your average space marine can deal with thousands of stromstroopers who are worse shots in the star wars universe
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AtPhantom
Kataklysmo said:
"Imperium of course
Your average space marine can deal with thousands of stromstroopers who are worse shots in the star wars universe
"
They're not the worst. They just suffer from Stormtrooper effect.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vrakmul
AtPhantom said:
"Kataklysmo said:
"Imperium of course
"
They're not the worst. They just suffer from Stormtrooper effect.
"
The storm trooper effect greatly lessens the competence of villains in large groups arrayed against the main characters.  However nameless villains easily slaughter nameless good guys, as nameless good guys have never been able to take two steps without getting themselves killed. 
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Tevnoba

Imperium of Man stomps The Empire back to the stoneage.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vrakmul

Damn thread bumping glitch.  Seems to attack my threads the most. 

Avatar image for generic_usename
Generic_Usename

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Generic_Usename

I've seen this one sooooo many times on other forums It always ends up the same. Someone knowlegable about starwars tech posts loads of evidence of its vast superiority and either no one listens or the situation is tweaked and tweaked to be higly biased twords the imperium...ah well first of all this situation is totally biased. You've assumed the imperium can take out the rebel alliance and the death star, the second of which I highly doubt would be achieved without terrible losses.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul
Generic_Usename said:
"I've seen this one sooooo many times on other forums It always ends up the same. Someone knowlegable about starwars tech posts loads of evidence of its vast superiority and either no one listens or the situation is tweaked and tweaked to be higly biased twords the imperium...ah well first of all this situation is totally biased. You've assumed the imperium can take out the rebel alliance and the death star, the second of which I highly doubt would be achieved without terrible losses."
The Imperium doesn't care much for losses, in fact they consider caring for losses to be a crime. 
Generic_Usename

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Generic_Usename

Right but by terrible losses I mean losses that significantly weaken them for the comming battle, that is assuming that attacking the deathstar isn't entirely suicidal. Oh and reading my post again I can see it seemed more  offensive than I ment it. I love WH40k like woah, and think this would be a cool battle, it's just that I'm pretty sure the empire wold beat them in the end. We arn't talking curbstomp level here but a sound victory, albeit at the cost of many stormtroopers.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vrakmul
Generic_Usename said:
"Right but by terrible losses I mean losses that significantly weaken them for the comming battle, that is assuming that attacking the deathstar isn't entirely suicidal. Oh and reading my post again I can see it seemed more  offensive than I ment it. I love WH40k like woah, and think this would be a cool battle, it's just that I'm pretty sure the empire wold beat them in the end. We arn't talking curbstomp level here but a sound victory, albeit at the cost of many stormtroopers."
The Empire isn't entirely consistent of clones, most of it's men are birthborn by then.  Which means they do in fact suffer morale problems, the Imperium has a very scary policy about "morale issues" If your faith in the empire is shaky, you get a plasma bolt through the brain.
Kataklysmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kataklysmo
Considering the fact that the Imperium has way more exp fighting more horrible shit in the Warhmmaer 40k Universe, along with their superiro numbers and tech, makes this a massive stomp for the Imperium
Generic_Usename

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Generic_Usename

Right I'm not claiming morale superiority for the empire...but I fail to see how it affects things in this case, a deathstar laser to the face is a deathstar laser to the face no matter how you feel about it. Technological superiority trumps I believe. 

I.E.
-A single imprerial star destroyer can vaporize the surface of a planet whereas I believe it takes several of the Imperiums of mans's ships to do so.
-Star Wars "Lasers" are very different from imperial guard lasers. Star Wars blasters leave  holes in plasteel,  which is what terminator armor is reenforced with, and those are the small guns.
-The Empire's hyperspace travel is vastly faster and safer than warp travel.

The list goes on. I can provide more examples if you so desire, but later. Now I must bid you farwell.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vrakmul

The Imperium doesn't fight many foes that actually could be considered a nation.  The eldar are to fracticious, the Tyranids are a hive mind, Chaos is also fracticious, the Dark eldar have no real political force, only the Tau and the Orks actually have a political system, and the Tau are run by a caste with pheromone control.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vrakmul
Generic_Usename said:
"Right I'm not claiming morale superiority for the empire...but I fail to see how it affects things in this case, a deathstar laser to the face is a deathstar laser to the face no matter how you feel about it. Technological superiority trumps I believe. 
I.E.
-A single imprerial star destroyer can vaporize the surface of a planet whereas I believe it takes several of the Imperiums of mans's ships to do so.
-Star Wars "Lasers" are very different from imperial guard lasers. Star Wars blasters leave  holes in plasteel,  which is what terminator armor is reenforced with, and those are the small guns.
-The Empire's hyperspace travel is vastly faster and safer than warp travel.

The list goes on. I can provide more examples if you so desire, but later. Now I must bid you farwell.

"
The Imperium is also a fan of base delta zeroing planets.  They do it on a seemingly daily basis. 
Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the Galactic Empire deystroying a planet is a big deal, while for The Imperium its nothing special, The Death star will be taken down with relative ease, They could blow it up or Infiltrate it with Space marines.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know alot about the ships the Imperium has all i know is that there's a Shit load of Imperial Guards and i don't see the Empire surviving that amount of manpower.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"When the time came to leave Terra, it was a great moment. Not even the triumph at Ullanor can compare with the moment of grief as an entire world wept to see the architect of Unification depart. The alliance of Terra and Mars was complete, and the Mechanicum had outdone itself, building fleets of ships to allow the Emperor to take to the stars and complete his Great Crusade of Unity. The skies over Terra were thick with starships, hundreds of thousands of them organised into more than seven thousand fleets, reserve groups and secondary, follow-on forces. It was an armada designed to conquer the galaxy and that was exactly what we set out to do.”

- A Thousand Sons, pg. 383

These ships were built just by Mars alone in less than 50 years, before Mars had numerous forge worlds around the galaxy.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Far too many variables but the Imperium has a massive number advantage.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperium should win.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Empire

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperium of Man in a stomp.

Aparajita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright. Let's consider this at the Height of Both at the best possible case.
In the Imperium, it's considered if Horus didn't fall to Chaos, and the Emperor remained alive and well.

We're going to consider this fight broken down in several factors: Numbers, Infantry Skills, Technology, Morale/Zeal, Leader Strength.

Numbers: This goes, without saying, 1,917,000 Aprox was the numbers of the Space Marine Legions at the time of Ullanor. The Empire's army consisted of at least 500 Legions of 7000, more than 3,500,000.
This is Armies, not Navies - where the Empire really begins to outshine. Mars and the Other Forge Worlds are very adapt at what they're doing, but the Empire has too much production. Empire victory, no doubt.
Infantry Skills: This goes, hands down, to the Imperium. Space Marines fight enemies stronger (Orks), Faster (Eldar), better organized (Tau), more ruthless (Tyranids), more terrifying (Necrons), more "magical" (Daemons), than the Stormtroopers ever face on a day-to-day basis. Think a Rancor is scary, Trooper? Fight a Daemon of Khorne, or watch a fellow turn into a racid pus of Nurgle. This is a Imperium victory - hands down.
Technology: This is where it begins to even out more - the Empire possesses powerful Planetary destructive weapons like the Death Start, despite all of their Superweapons dying within months of their application. The Imperium possesses none of these such devices. However, the Imperium does possess superior ground technology in the form of Bolters (Highly effective against armor and flesh), Metalasers that Shred metal, and more. The Imperial War Titans built on Mars are taller than the Cities in the Warhammer Universe. Then you consider the Mars Techpriests able to "mind control" enemy technology and force it to work for the Imperium in the name of the "Machine Spirit" Tech Speaking, i'd have to give this to the Imperium, although it's closer than other categories.
Morale/Zeal: Stormtroopers are nearly incapable of disobeying orders - Space Marines are not. However, Space Marines are the closest you can get without removing the aspect of disobedience from someone. However, in terms of Morale itself and Zeal, Imperium wins hands down again. A Space Marine does not retreat from a fight.
"Do you, Garviel Loken, accept your role in this? Do you promise to lead your men into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory, no matter the ferocity or ingenuity of the foe? Do you swear to crush the insurgents of Sixty-Three Nineteen, despite all they might throw at you? Do you pledge to do honour to the XVI Legion and the Emperor?"
When Garviel's commander, Jubal, turned into a Daemon before his eyes and murdered his brothers - a feat that shouldn't have been possible because of gene programming, Garviel didn't retreat or surrender, he fought and killed the daemon. Horus, his commander said, "Remove guilt, my son, i will not have it." Imperium Victory here.
Leader Strength. This is where people will get upset. Darth Sidious at his peak vs The God Emperor of Mankind. GEoM is the single being able to hold multiversal beings (The Chaos Gods) from entering the physical realm, and has fought and defeated one of the eldest gods in the Warhammer Universe - the Void Dragon, the God of Machines.
GEoM's psychic strengths are on par with the freaking Phoenix. There is debate that he could defeat Phoenix on the Golden Throne. This is simply too much for Sidious to handle. The Primarchs beat any lowerling in the Empire's Army. Hell, there is debate that Warmaster Horus would defeat Sidious. I mean, that's saying something in of itself.

After a short calculation, the Imperium Wins, it's not a stomp - but it's a victory none the less. The God Emperor would be sad at the loss of so many of his children, so fallen to darkness.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peak, and since the primarchs are there, that means it is Great Crusade Imperium, so I would back them because all their fleets are already prepared for a massive invasion/expansion and their empire is geared towards supplying this.

If it was current Imperium, I would back the Galactic Empire.

@aparajita:The Imperium can, and has, destroyed planets via blowing them into small bits akin to the Deathstar. They have done this with raw ship power as seen with Nostromo. They generally don't do this because there is no reason to as exterminatus weaponry renders planets unlivable and void for life anyways that totally destroying it is just a waste of money. (The Night Lords just really, really didn't like Nostromo).

The closest you get in 40k to pure obedience is servitors.

Aparajita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Correct. Pure Obedience is frowned on in Warhammer World after the Iron Men Wars.

If we're considering Great Crusade Imperium, i would give it hands down to the Imperium, as it's just so militaristically strong.

Current Imperium, i would still back the Imperium for the reasons i stated. Current Imperium wins in Numbers even because of the sheer amount of Guardsman, as i orginally only quoting for Space Marines and Mars Mechanicus, not including the Guard or anything similar.

Here is my verdict - take it or leave it. Great Crusade Imperium is a hands down stomp, as GEoM is a reality warping, time stopping, matter manipulating monster who can force entire legions to their knees with a word. Current Imperium? I still give it to the Imperium, as it's weathered bigger calamities than Palpatine's Empire and kept swinging. Either way....

Imperium Wins.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aparajita: Current Imperium doesn't have the resources to spare to launch such an invasion. They are simply too busy in too many different areas to gather a large enough force to truly threaten the Galactic Empire. Between Chaos, the Orks and Leviathan, they don't have enough forces to teach the Tau a lesson, much less the GE.

At best, they send a laughable 'crusade' as they did against the Tau.

Correct. Pure Obedience is frowned on in Warhammer World after the Iron Men Wars.

You mean AIs, and no, Servitors are obedient to those that control them and are the closest thing to 'true obedience' you get in the Imperium.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aparajita said:

@wut: Correct. Pure Obedience is frowned on in Warhammer World after the Iron Men Wars.

If we're considering Great Crusade Imperium, i would give it hands down to the Imperium, as it's just so militaristically strong.

Current Imperium, i would still back the Imperium for the reasons i stated. Current Imperium wins in Numbers even because of the sheer amount of Guardsman, as i orginally only quoting for Space Marines and Mars Mechanicus, not including the Guard or anything similar.

Here is my verdict - take it or leave it. Great Crusade Imperium is a hands down stomp, as GEoM is a reality warping, time stopping, matter manipulating monster who can force entire legions to their knees with a word. Current Imperium? I still give it to the Imperium, as it's weathered bigger calamities than Palpatine's Empire and kept swinging. Either way....

Imperium Wins.

backing this as well, the Imperial fleet max of actual ships ( like ISD's ) IIRC was only 22,000 strong..... Lol. At height.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Mhhh i remembered more, and Terra itself has a million ships strong IIRC.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: There are more, that was just ISDs, not SDs or the various variants of SDs or SSD, just Imperial Star Destroyers (which, I know odd, are their own class).

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@aparajita: Current Imperium doesn't have the resources to spare to launch such an invasion. They are simply too busy in too many different areas to gather a large enough force to truly threaten the Galactic Empire. Between Chaos, the Orks and Leviathan, they don't have enough forces to teach the Tau a lesson, much less the GE.

At best, they send a laughable 'crusade' as they did against the Tau.

Correct. Pure Obedience is frowned on in Warhammer World after the Iron Men Wars.

You mean AIs, and no, Servitors are obedient to those that control them and are the closest thing to 'true obedience' you get in the Imperium.

oh so we have the other 40k factions existing in this battle?

A couple orks make it to the other side of the wormhole...

I am confident the star wars verse is in for a very... very... bad time.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wut

@thekillerklok: You better believe Orks will go explorin' and lootin'!... Which... would end badly for both.. factions.. Orks with their stupidly strong fire power, teleporters, and the much faster FTL of Star Wars without the care of 'running into space debris' with blind jumps?

Orks may very well become the doom of both! Hail the Glorious Green Overlords!

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Just Think about all of the prerequisites It takes the Imperium to survive in the 40k verse.

The number of Star destroyers The star wars side has Has no bearing on how screwed they are.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: Mmmm, would depend heavily on how Chaos entered this equation. (Although, if it is full on with everyone in both galaxies, Chaos wins no matter who loses.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: SSD only has 3, 3 that's it.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By maiamaku

@aparajita: where did you get your numbers from? 3.5 million stormtroopers to occupy 12 million systems??

Phillibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The question is how the the two galaxies interact. Warp travel in warhammer 40k is impossibly unreliable, sometimes arriving thousands of years late, sometimes before they set off. Hyperdrives are more reliable but sometimes lose something of the balls out speed of warp travel. The imperium also has a very different approach to planetary protection than almost any other sci fi universe. In any other piece of fiction, it is rare for there to be any sort of planetary defences that can match a ship. If the Star Wars galaxy invades the warhammer galaxy, they are in for a VERY rude awakening, as almost every planet has a fully battle ready army available to them, and many have planet to orbit weaponry that puts starship cannons to shame

I still think the imperium would take it, on 3 counts.

1) In the warhammer 40k galaxy there are factions that destroy planets for fun, and one faction that has HAX at a stupid level (A device that can be used too snuff out every star in the galaxy), and it is VERY strongly implied that if the Imperium were to focus its efforts on any one of them, they would get curbstomped so fast many would forget they were ever born 'The imperium boasts the mightiest military force the galaxy has ever seen', (Warhammer: Apocalypse)

2) I mentioned the warp travel irregularites earlier. The Imperiums response is to send so many troops that it doesn't matter how many don't make it, there will be enough at the other end. If star wars were able to reverse engineer warp technology, it would go horribly wrong thanks to their lack of psykers, warp training, mental discipline, and no turncoats on the warhammer side would be able to fill them in, because they don't know.

3) Everything in warhammer is bigger than star wars. The Super star destroyer and death star are really the only two things that can match the bigger imperial ships by tonnage. Every Imperium ship has more firepower (to a truly ridiculous degree), and many of them have experience destroying objects that make the death star look pitiful by comparison (The World Engine, Hive fleet behemoth). Space marine chapters are armies of one man armies, lasguns are superior to blasters, available in similar numbers, and have more ammunition per weapon (infinite beats anything). Further, the Empire just dosen't have the same level of experience of fighting a galaxy wide total war. Every single citizen within the Imperium is considered available for drafting into the Imperial Guard. Trillions of unused individuals, whose everyday lives would make all but the most tragic of Empire wretchedness look like childs play. They will stand their ground against transdimensional daemons, an infinite zerg rush, armies of robots that cannot die, and a race 100% consisting of barbaric warriors. The stormtroopers are really just... pitiful compared to the horrors they have to face.

I am not an expert on star wars. I read what I can. The empire is immensely powerful and any victory would be costly, but it is the inevitable fate of any faction forced onto the defensive. Any invasion of the warhammer 40k universe would be blasted from existence in seconds. While star destroyers are my favourite ship in any fandom anywhere, they are pitifully light hitting compared to even some of the smaller vessels in the imperial navy.

On a different note, I have absolutely no idea how force measures up to psykers. Some force beings are ridiculously powerful, some psykers are nigh on omnipotenet. Je ne sais pas...

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperium ftw

CTNCO2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all,high end calcs for the empire in the new canon place the industrial capacity at stupid amounts of star destroyers a day,more than a billion ISDs,13 SSDs,point defense guns with megaton level power from 20 years before the peak,and enough troops to basically impose martial law on all their planets,along with extremely op strategist like Thrawn,or Wulff Yularen,who are used to fighting enemies with overwhelming firepower,numbers,and with barely a shadow of hope,yet winning decisive victories. You think your imperium can stand against THAT!? What was those ship numbers again? Your pitiful fleets of hudreds of thousands will be crushed under the empire,while the emperor laughs from his control room. And on the ground? Your force will be going up against massive armies consisting of millions of unflinching stormtroopers,who don't care when one of their own dies,and the thousands of AT-ATs and other armor support they need! The imperium doesn't stand a chance!

CTNCO2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CTNCO2222

I do agree,though,that the imperium forces are insane beasts,who have fought many unspeakable forces in their time.

Destroyer0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperium stomps GE easy
-Bigger cooler Gothic ships that take on ridiculous odds and still win
-Space marines curbstomp any and all Infantry the GE can throw (and thats assuming if the pathetic stormtroopers with shit aim can actually beat the Guardmen)
-The imperium has faced bullshit superpowers by chaos,necrons,eldar and pretty much every other faction and still came up on top so having the sith to help GE wont really make a huge difference

This comes to space battles as ground battles would be pretty one sided and the Imperium would simply masacre the incompetant stormtroopers with overwhelming firepower,numbers and generally better units
Which leads us to space battles

-The Imperium has 6 Blackstone fortresses (basicly 6 Deathstars , the Phalanx (Imperial fist space station that wiped out an entire chaos armada in 1 blast) , tons of other notable ships with 'Abilities' either because the captain was a psyker or the ship was generally OP

Gloriana glass > Super Star destroyer
Retribution > *laughs then procedes to shit on star destroyers*

And Finally the Emperor and his primarchs....oh boy I dont even need to explain how much ownage is gonna be set on GE ground troops or boarding actions is gonna happen when these bad boys join the fight

The Emperor basicly goes to palpatine and says *You actually call youself an emperor? 'giggles'* Before bitchslapping the old fart into the realm of slaanesh to be molested for all eternity.

-THE END-

Ubermorph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ubermorph

The Imperium would get completely annihilated. Look at their technology ffs! Are those vehicles from the far future or WWII? A single tie fighter could destory the entire Imperium.

Kh0rn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ubermorph:

i find your lack of warhammer 40k knowledge laughable

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
TheOneWhoKnocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheOneWhoKnocks
ubermorphagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job failing to cite anything that proves me wrong. You know I am right. When Fallout has better tech than the Imperium. Yet you still try to convince yourselves that the imperium is somehow from the far future. 40,000 BCE is more like it. Have fun convincing yourself otherwise.

Kh0rn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kh0rn3

@ubermorphagain:

Mate you must be some paid SW troll from G.Lucas himself your knowledge of the 40k is as dumb as some SW fanboy

Okay so compare both ship

For exp: average Imperium ships has power magnitude of the gigatons to teratons while star wars ship is at best gigatons

Talking about WMD and WH40K wins again because blackstone fortresses is more capable than Death Star also more mobile also Blackstone fortresses could destroy a sun and could hurt a God like being like the C'tan which make Darth Sidious and Vitiate pale in comparisons talking about psykers

Both Magnus and Ahriman outclasses pretty much any force user in SW they are pretty much Solar System and Star level while maybe Darth Sidious could beat them using Force storm buttt it still pale comparisons to the Emperor who can make Warp Storm for sh** and giggles while in his dead state and also Sidious can only make 1 Force storm each because everytime he use it he will die

And also we are not talking about the Gods here because they will make SW galaxy to dust in seconds

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kh0rn3: There was no reason to tag me.

Kh0rn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubermorph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have proof of your claims post it. Warhammer ships don't even use laser based weaponry, the projectiles they shoot would just bounce off a star destroyer. Sidious could just kill the corpse on a throne using force lighting. As for the Gods, their power is limited to their own universe and it isn't shit compared to the force.

Nice try.

Ubermorph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ubermorph

You actually compare pskyers to force users LMFAO.