The Galactic Empire [Star Wars] V.S The Covenant [Halo]

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@darthvenar501st: That isn't a last line of defense. Her plot armor is what keeps stormtroopers missing, but her getting hit, and it not killing her, while plot armor, also effects the universe, for ill or good. Star Wars isn't Doctor Who where Plot Armor is, truly, something he possesses in-universe.

As such, no, blasters do not one-shot people all the time (the mere fact exceptions to this exist renders the absolute void), just like most weaponry in fiction, limb shots aren't fatal while a center shot is due to vitals being there.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly, the covenant are simply outclassed in almost every aspect. The only way the covenant beats the empire is on the ground, and even that's debatable

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku: not on every aspect but enough to where the imps would stomp space and IMO be about even on ground even though mr Wut disagrees with me xD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

No Caption Provided

Hey! I said a ground battle, by itself, without outside interference (IE, GE space assets, ignoring logistics), would be a good fight!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@killerwasp:

No Caption Provided

Hey! I said a ground battle, by itself, without outside interference (IE, GE space assets, ignoring logistics), would be a good fight!

Hey dont lie to me Mr! XD You got no faith in the poor covies D:

kingogkings777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Covenant wins both. Why Grunts you just start feeling bad for them.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The empire beats the covenant in industrial strength and troop numbers(the largest covenant ships are 5,300m,empires are 35,000m) the empire also has the AT-AT,which has way more armor and has a devastating amount of firepower, BUT the scarab is much more maneuverable. So one on one, AT-AT would most likely lose.The thing is, they are usually supported by an armour platoon of AT-STs and carry 40 troopers in their holds,along with speeder bikes. Soooooooo...the most likely outcome is a long and drawn out war,but the empire would win simply because the covenant would not be able to fight the industrial power of the empire,coupled with the fact that the empires troops outnumber the covenants by 8 to 1.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By numbers alone the Empire decimates. Even talking equal numbers/types, the Empire effortlessly destroys in the space battle. The land battle doesn't matter much but the Covenant would win that assuming equal numbers. A single Elite could probably take down at least 10 stormtrooper.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The-berd

@force_echo: well that depends, a zealot or other higher ranking officers most definitely. But minors? No not really, sure, they have shields but those won't be very useful if the empire is dug in. Even in open battle storm troopers could easily overwhelm a minor or two. I'm not saying their shields are useless, but it takes what a little over half an assault rifle clip to take out their shields? A couple of storm troopers could take on a minor no question if the combined their firepower.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well let's be honest the Covenant are far, far more aggressive in their approach through the entire Halo series never hesitating to launch a planetary onslaught when they have to. The empire on the other hand tends to strike at the opportune moment and like take their time to prepare (often very badly) which often allowed the rebels to gather their resources and launch a counter attack which of course led to a massive shaming defeat that ended their...let's call it a reign. So yeah I'm going to go with the Covenant for a win on land because they're much more aggressive and as for space combat I'll give it to the empire because they've got the better toys in the air at least in my opinion they do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-berd: what part of equal numbers when he said that did u not understand, and no an elite minor would do just fine against a few stormies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamanouer: Problem is empire has like 22+ thousand actual spacecraft, while the covis sit at around 6,000 or so. Big difference lol. XD

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Hahaha! =P Well there is that small detail. I think in Space the Empire wins mostly due to the reason you just said but also a lot more speed in their arsenal.

A land assault though? For me that's a different story for reasons that I can only explain as "Return of the Jedi" the morons got distracted by light noises, tried to set an incredibly daft trap using their own shield generator as bait and got outdone by not taking into account the planets primitive inhabitants. Also I'm not sure about everyone else but I think I'd rather launch my attacks with something as agile as a Reaper rather than a AT-AT.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamanouer: Land i think Covies can win, but space they sadly just lose, unless they get more spacecraft theres a few things covies have that do put space in their favor, but its only minor.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: One thing that imperial troops beat the covenant in is the fact they have NO EMOTIONS.an elite goes berserk if a friend is killed or his shield go down. Grunts flee if their commanders are killed, jackals try and run if you get to close, hunters lose all control when it's partner is killed etc. Imperial troops however are so desensitized that they show no remorse, no fear, nothing. They only really feel hatred. Because that's how they're raised. Remember, most imperial troops are clones (not like jango fett, but created from multiple hosts) they are all sociopaths. And guess what? Next generation TIE fighters have shields. And elites? Highly over rated..don't get me wrong, I love elites. But their shields aren't as impressive as everyone keeps saying. A couple stormtroopers vs a minor could over power him easily. And plus the prophets BETRAY them. Even in an alternate universe. The prophets we're planning on replacing elites with brutes because they're more obidient.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-berd: first off their shields aren't overrated and neither are they, I don't think u know elites very well at all, second I'll address the other false points but I'm mobile right now so I'll have to get to it later.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Wolfrazer

@adamanouer:

1. The Empire was actually winning the ground battle, it wasn't until Chewie turned the battle around by hijacking an AT-ST. More to that, the plan actually worked, the Rebellion was all but done if the Ewoks hadn't come in to save everyone and honestly it was luck that the Rebel force even befriended the Ewoks in the first place.

2. Stormtroopers are regular humans, there were some clones yes, but not all Stormtroopers were clones, majority were regular humans.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By The-berd

@wolfrazer: plus, how do the ewoks stone spears and arrows penetrate their combat armour? And the empire does still clone troops just not nearly as heavy as the republic. Like you said the majority are normal humans.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The-berd

@killerwasp: your right, I don't know much about elites. I'm just saying from what I've experience in the games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-berd: well thank you for being honest I'm stuck on mobile for a few days but after I'll give some reasons why they can do better than thought.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-berd: The Ewoks didn't penetrate the armor, it's noted they worked themselves between the gaps where the black bodyglove is. That and if one takes notice, in the movies you see hordes of Ewoks jump just one or two Stormtroopers, 15 alone jumped the two Stormtroopers that were going after 3PO and R2.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Oh alright. One thing I realized though. Imperial fighters have shields just like the covenant. Several times you hear star fighter pilots mention them. Also, if you watch the new battlefronts trailer, you see troops deploy bubble shields like droidekas (hope I spelled that right) which if you think about is pretty believable, since the techs been around since clone wars.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Wolfrazer

@the-berd: The only Imperial fighters that have shielding are the more advanced which saw limited use or experimental ones. The TIE, TIE Interceptor and TIE bomber do not have shields. The latter two rely on their speed and maneuverability, the bomber though is more for surgical heavy strikes on capital ships or installations, not for dogfighting obviously.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-berd: TIE Fighters have had shields for a long time, it is what lets them fly in atmosphere without having to worry about wind resistance, however, TIE fighters, while quick and agile, aren't something you want to get shot in.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By The-berd

@wolfrazer: I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense. The millennium falcon has shield, same with rebel x-wings and y-wings. Even Jedi star fighters and clone fighters have them. And ur telling me that fighters far more advanced wouldn't be equipped with shields

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Wolfrazer

@the-berd: Right because the Empire wanted mass production over quality fighters, so the standard became cheap. The standard TIE fighter can outfly an X-wing and has comparable laser weaponry, the only thing the X-wing has over the TIE is it's shielding and durability.

Then you have the TIE Interceptor which grossly outclasses the X-wing in speed.

The Empire relied on their pilots to use the speed and maneuverability of their fighters.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: even so, it seems like a standard piece of equipment for every fighter so I have to still say it's hard to believe.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Wolfrazer

@the-berd:

The TIE maneuverability and speed come at a great practical cost to the pilot inside. TIE fighters have no shields, no secondary weapon or drive systems, minuscule fuel supplies and no on board life support system.

- Taken from Essential Guide to Vehicles & Vessels.

They got rid of all that, to make the TIE fighter have great speed and maneuverability. It's also not like they need these things anyway, TIE pilots are the best pilots in the galaxy, only 10% of pilots actually make it to become TIE pilots.

Their skill makes it so that they don't really need any shielding or any of that.

Heck look at the Battle of Yavin, Luke and Biggs both had to be saved because the TIE pilots were that good and they couldn't shake them.

Biggs being a former Imperial pilot himself and Luke having Force attuned senses and being a great pilot himself.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: well most TIE models had particle shielding, and could be Retro fitted with standard combat shielding if desired. I did some research myself cx

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: So yes you are right. But they do get the option if desired

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Wolfrazer
The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: still though, we're talking about a war between the galactic empire and the covenant, which would mean the rebellion isn't a problem in this alternate universe. So that means ships like the TIE defender, TIE M2, TIE/ TL, TIE Cyclone, TIE vanguard And many others would probably be in service by this time

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-berd: Wouldn't make a difference. GE wins space anyways. They don't need anything more as it is already overkill as it is.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By The-berd

@wut: Exactly. But might as well add even more. After all the more the merrier! But your right. Even though their are few in number, the eclipse class super star destroyers would annihilate anything that dared attack it(except maybe high charity with it's combined fleet. Of course, than the empire would bring in it's combined fleet!) Anyways when all said and done the empires industrial strength and military numbers would overwhelm the covenant Even on the ground. The covenant just doesn't have the resources to fight the empire in a drawn out conflict. Yes, an isolated battle would end up in a stalemate, with the empire blockading the planet among the shattered covenant fleet, and the covenant dug in thwarting off imperial attacks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-berd: iirc Jedi star fighters don't have shields they rely more on the force for their protection

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Would the Covenant not just glass the major planets of the Empire? The Empire have only ever tried something similar with the Death Star, but this was a pretty common tactic for the Covenant.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By The-berd

@maccyd: .No because the covenant fleet would be destroyed before it ever got the chance. The empires industrial might(as said before) is something the covenant cannot compete with. The only real advantage the covn. Has is on land and that's mainly due too scarabs. Vehicle wise, the only vehicle that out matches it's competition is the scarab vs the AT-AT. But covenant ships are just too out matched by the empires.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-berd: Is the Imperial fleet not more spread out anway?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: @maccyd: not at all,the empire fleet numbers 1,000,000+ where as the covenant number around 6,000 too 20,000.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-berd: It's been stated to have thousands of systems before and their fleet wasn't enough to cover them all sufficiently. You have to remember that they've got beaten by a faction with an even smaller fleet than the covenant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: mhh I'm gonna check the book I think it states otherwise lol

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By The-berd

@maccyd: Not really. The fleet wasn't destroyed, the death stars were. Yes ONE super star destroyer was destroyed along with some imperial class star destroyers, but the imperial fleet itself was still at large. Where did you get that info? And what time period is it stating this? Because as a person commented before, the empire pumps out three imperial class star destroyers a DAY.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: it has millions of systems, and the rebels STILL have superior technology compared to the covenant. Not to mention that the empire was designed to fail if Palpatine died. Even then, they were only defeated by Vader's betrayal.

Avatar image for darthvenar501st
DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: glassing planets under Imperial control wouldn't work due to every planet possessing a planetary shield.

Avatar image for jacobmcjackson3
Jacobmcjackson3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the republic and the separatist would defeat the UNSC and the covenant because the republic and the separatist r far more advanced then the UNSC and the covenants tech is equal to both star wars army's and both fleets alone would be equal to the covenant fleet so together they win now when it comes ground battles the droids are the quantity while clones r the quality the you can produce billions of droids each year and they will complete the mission at all costs and can take shot after shot the clones from the moment of birth r taught combat and only combat they know strategy and hand to hand plus r expert marksmen they r brothers and work as a team now Spartans can easily take out multiple clones and droids but they would eventually overpower them plus the Jedi/sith r in there own league the covenant troops r quite deadly especially elites and hunters but the republic and the separatists have way more vehicles to counter them if you disagree please tell me I would love to here your side

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@logic_mark_iii:

Keep your pseudo-science in your pants as much as you can. Try and go off of how things seem to work in the comics/movie/Books.

Best rule ever. There's so much BS fan calcs that make slingshots into nukes for these type of threads.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacobmcjackson3: I disagree on a few conditions, but I disagree most on the fact you think this will take place in the star wars universe and so on? I can't go into too much detail because I'm on the phone and what looks like a few lines turns out to be paragraphs while on mobile. I do agree jedi and sith would play a major role in the defeat against the Covenant and UNSC if this were the case and if this was the thread stating "UNSC and Covies vs Seps and Pubs", but 1 it's not and 2 you haven't even factored in the major things and establish any rules for either side. This is what a lot of people are not use to and this is what this site honestly capitalizes on.

The-berd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: wait what happened with galactic empire vs covenant? Lol but someone should create a new topic on that. But adding on too your what universe it takes place in, I thought of it taking place on a border galaxy between the two, that way no home field advantage you know? And just to clarify, I am talking about Galactic empire vs covenant still