Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fatalsniper728
No Caption Provided

vs.

Both parasites are trying to take over New York City, will come out on top? The Xenomorphs have the queen and the Flood have the gravemind. New York City is fully inhabited with people.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nick_hero22

Probably the Xenomorphs since their Queen has telepathy which can be used to easily subdue multiple human hosts for harvesting.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fatalsniper728

@nick_hero22: doesn't the gravemind have that same ability? he's the one that can create flood spores

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nick_hero22

@fatalsniper728 said:

@nick_hero22: doesn't the gravemind have that same ability? he's the one that can create flood spores

IDK if the Gravemind has telepathy, but it was shown in the comic Aliens: Earth Hive that Queens are able to utilize telepathy to send horrific nightmares and influence the behavior and perception of dozens of individuals over a pretty large radius.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fatalsniper728

@nick_hero22: oh wow damn lol, but you do you know anything about the flood? I know that they can take over an entire planet...idk if the aliens could do such a feat

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fatalsniper728

@nick_hero22: can the aliens take over an entire planet ?

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@fatalsniper728:

Given enough Aliens, I'm sure they could take over a planet, but the Flood would come out on top in this battle.

As intellegent as a Xeno Queen could/can be, the presence of a Gravemind suggests that the Flood have "taken" a very large amount of humans as their hosts. That means that all the mind power of all those humans is collected in the Gravemind, and it has total control of all it's flood subjectives. Even with the Queen's telepathy, I don't think she will be able to push any telepathic messages to, or through, them due to the fact that a Gravemind's mind is exonentially stronger.

The Gravemind is said to be omicient, with the ability to be able to recall all the memories of every human the Flood had ever taken. With a Gravemind in control of the Flood, issuing orders telepathically to all flood hosts, It would have much more info about the Xeno's, and the landscape they are fighting in, than the Xeno's would have on the flood in the same amount of time. The Flood would be able to gain a good position to take the Aliens due to shere number simply because they would have eyes and ears everywhere.

The Flood also has many forms that can match the Xeno's in strength and lethality, not to mention that Xeno's need living bodies to procreate while the flood can use the dead. Xeno's can't use the flood because they are already dead, but the Flood can use the Xenos. On top of that, while I don't think there has been any account of a Gravemind making a human see specific things, the Gravemind can speak directly to a human through telepathic means so psychic screams in the mind of an opponent isn't far from possible (but that might be speculation).

I respect that a queen can push a couple dozen human minds, but for a Gravemind to form it takes hundreds, if not thousands, of minds to be collected and assimilated into itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The Xenomorphs acidic blood would probably make them immune to the flood as they couldn't make them hosts.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@hyiena:

The Flood would assimilate and adjust. In the Halo-verse, NOTHING was/is able to kill the flood other than starving them, that is, destroying all sentient life in the Galaxy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@onilordasmodeus: @onilordasmodeus:

If they can assimilate the Xenomorphs they should win simply by how fast the flood spreads.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@hyiena:

That's my thought. If the OP made it impossible for the Flood to take the Xenos, I think that would make it more fair.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fatalsniper728

@onilordasmodeus: its fair game both of them, and take into consideration that theyre in new york city, and trying to take city over, and plus there's humans living there

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fatalsniper728

@hyiena: so the flood wouldnt be able to spread faster then ?

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 18hunt

Xeno's

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Do aliens even count as sentient life to begin with? They really have no higher thought capacity beyond that of an semi-intelligent animal.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fatalsniper728

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: they basically are, im sure the flood can find a way to infect one

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Do aliens even count as sentient life to begin with? They really have no higher thought capacity beyond that of an semi-intelligent animal.

For a Xeno Queen to have telepathic abilities, I thinnk that implies higher thought.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@onilordasmodeus: I know Xeno Queen's have telepathy, but it is difficult what counts as sentience. They have no form of higher thought besides to reproduce and spread. But given that Xenomorphs more times than not has shown the ability to problem solve and do pretty impressive things, I'm left in a stump. If they are considered sentient life then the Flood would assimilate them, but if they're not the Flood would just leave them be.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fatalsniper728

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: can't the flood find to infect them though ?

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want this one to continue...

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I am a monument to all your sins". Flood wins

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Hyperlight

i feel like it would take more for aliens to assimilate then the flood

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Phylos

A hybrid of the two species will emerge, it will rise to power and destroy both sides.

/thread

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fatalsniper728

@phylos: hmmm prolly an alien queen flood form

JoshManTheGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: oh no, the flood will infect anything with a central nervous system and sufficient biomass, if it has only one, or neither of these, it can be converted to biomass for flood pure forms.

I am not sure (though I am quite certain) this is canon, but the flood have converted inorganic materials (I.E. metal) into biomass.

ducky2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatalsniper728: don't forget the incredibly acidic blood and thick hide also the xenos can use most creatures to produce as shown in alien 3 when the face hugger uses a dog

Omegasfirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Omegasfirst

I've read every halo book/comic, seen every halo movie and played every halo game. I have also dabbled in everything xeno. The flood only need sentient life with sufficient biomass (a rat would do. Even the ability to recognize functions like reproduction is enough for the flood). However the xenos are completely impenetrable to the flood. For a flood to attach a little blood is necessary. Xeno blood (Molecular acid) would hit the flood were it counts, dissolving every bit down to it's dna. Xenos are very innately intelligent even without a queen. They'll find a way to attack effectively but the flood can't die. Stalemate... or is it? Gaining the knowledge of every human consumed the flood will find and use any and all weapons in NYC. Game over xenos.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flood lolstomp. Reproduction rate for xeno's are waaaaaaay too slow compared to flood which is nigh instantaneous. Flood turn all the humans into combat's or carriers to wreck the xeno's

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By jwwprod

Flood easily

Omegasfirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off topic: I really hated how much disrespect the queen got in the first AvP movie. 1 predator and a human took her down? Ha my shiny metal butt. The queen is stupid strong and incredibly fast. She could rip 1 predator easy. A challenge for her is 5 low rank predators minimum. It took 3 ancients (elder predators) to take 1 queen in her prime.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xeno's get infested they can't beat a species that can infect at flood rate and they wouldn't be able to produce other xenomorphs without them being corrupted hybrids.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flood lolstomp. Reproduction rate for xeno's are waaaaaaay too slow compared to flood which is nigh instantaneous. Flood turn all the humans into combat's or carriers to wreck the xeno's