The Flood vs The Reapers

DragoMorph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Flood versus the Reapers. Set in the Mass Effect universe, due to the technical constraints on how the Reapers work. The Flood show up just after Sovereign is defeated, giving them a few years to do their thing before the Reapers hit the scene. If that's not enough, how much additional time would they need before the Reapers show up to be prepared? Combatants have no prior knowledge of each other as both are extra-galactic threats.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm, the Flood can't infect Reapers so....

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hasn't this already been done?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give flood forerunner tech and we have a battle, er I mean a stomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give flood forerunner tech and we have a battle, er I mean a stomp.

LOL er stomp huh? XD

DragoMorph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flood can infect Reapers, through the logic plague. Or at least it's possible, whether or not the Reapers can resist is part of the debate. Based on the fact that Forerunner tech couldn't resist the logic plague, I'm going to say that the Repaers would have a tough time. The other thing to consider is that the Flood might use up the organic resources of the Reapers; if they're immune to indoctrination, then one of the major advantages the Reapers have is out the window.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@force_echo said:

The Flood can infect Reapers, through the logic plague. Or at least it's possible, whether or not the Reapers can resist is part of the debate. Based on the fact that Forerunner tech couldn't resist the logic plague, I'm going to say that the Repaers would have a tough time. The other thing to consider is that the Flood might use up the organic resources of the Reapers; if they're immune to indoctrination, then one of the major advantages the Reapers have is out the window.

Right, but they only got to that level at the very end of their war with the Forerunners. A few years, especially with Mass Effect' relatively sparse population, isn't going to be enough for them to get to that level. Maybe it isn't enough to form a full Gravemind. Especially since Quarantine is a lot easier in the ME Universe given that every race needs Mass Relays to go anywhere.