Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flood will have forerunner tech which going by lore is > Imperium of Man tech. At their peak they also have the numbers game......

Floodrunners take this IMO.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wut

Silentium flood take it.

(Granted, with all the Silentium Flood on one planet, it may end in MAD with the planet becoming a black hole from the sheer mass of bodies.)

Budgenasty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: But it never stated it was during the Fore Runners time so it could be pre crisis USMC.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly are we calling "Peak" for the Death Guard? If this is the DG before the loss of their numbers but post Heresy with the Deamon Primarch Mortarion, Typhus and his destoryer hive and all those Deamons that Mortarion was pumping out like a gooden. I'm thinking the DG have serious chance at wining here.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@budgenasty5: It says their peak. Their peak is Silentium Flood which was when they fought the Forerunners.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@wut: One fight I would really like to see is Silentium Flood and Peak Forerunners Vs "War In Heaven" Eldar and Necrons. That would be a bloodbath.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wut

@strider92: I can tell you from experience that War in Heaven Necrons vs Peak Forerunners comes down to, 'Cannot compute, more feats required' for both sides, so the debate usually ends in a stalemate. Both sides rely very heavily on implied feats and vague references for their bigger powers, so it always comes down to a shrug. Keep in mind that War in Heaven Necrons vs Peak Forerunners usually forbids C'tan usage, with C'tan, it tends to slide in the Necrons favor.

I would love to be able to read a book about a What If scenario though with those four fighting it out as it would be very awesome.

That said, I do believe War In Heaven Necrons crush the Silentium flood since they cannot really be infected. The only threat they face is the Logic Plague.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Yeah including the C'tan and Eldar gods would be unfair.

Honestly the Black Library should finish off the Horus Heresy series and then write a War In Heaven series. It has more than enough lore to pump out a LOT of books and flesh out the Eldar/Necrons a lot more.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wut

@strider92: Ya, C'tan and Eldar Gods are outside the realm in which Forerunners are used to dealing with.

I would love to see the weapons and devices that threatened to unmake reality that terrified the Necrons to the point where they would mind-wipe themselves. The novels would probably take most of the perspective from the Eldar, but it would still be a fun read.

They are expanding on the background lore with Fantasy, so they need to get their behinds in motion and start getting into the history of other races besides the Imperium.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Wait, at their prime doesn't nurgle out number then considering their o wait its death guard LOL, is this then the IoM full Death Guard chapter? If so they lose, i believe nurgle's death guard could win with the spam of blight nades and other little cuties awaiting for the flood, however does the flood get the grave mind with that of the forerunner era?

Archanfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flood decimate.

thelegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have to say the Flood. The Flood are a formidable force, it'd take more than one 40k faction to beat that team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelegion: Unless nids, necrons, eldar, and Chaos ( daemons )

thelegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay true, but it would take one and a half DG factions at max at least to win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thelegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say once you got one and a half factions they could take it, but before that no.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@strider92: Is Mortarion or Typhus or even Nurgle involved? if so then the Death Guard should win.

If not then the Flood might take this in a good fight.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those pictures make me hungry.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Nurgle, most certainly, is not a member of the Death Guard. lol, I think he can afford to be apart of a cool group.

I don't see Typhus doing much, tbh. I mean... at best... the flood that infect him are going to have a bad day since it will probably end in MAD since Nurgle's Rot will hurt the Flood, but this is Forerunner-Era Flood. Losing billions to Rot won't matter.

Their biggest weapon is Daemon Primarch Mortarion as he is a Daemon and so immune to infect, and he is going to inflict some damage, Forerunner weaponry or no, but he will destabilize sooner or later.

@killerwasp: Since this is peak flood, they will have Key minds which are planet sized graveminds.

One and a half Death Guard Factions? Death Guard is a part of the Chaos Space Marine 'faction'. Honestly, you could gather all the Chaos Space Marines together, and I would bet all my money on the Flood winning... by a large margin. The largest threat would be Magnus by far.

As Killer mentioned, the races that could defeat the flood are Necrons (War in Heaven and, if prompted to unify, current Necrons), Eldar (War in Heaven, this is one that could be argued) and Chaos (Gods/Daemons).

I, however, do not believe the Tyranids can defeat the Flood. I believe Orks have a better chance as they might end up being immune because of gestalt fields while I see no possible way for Tyranids to really adapt against the Flood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: o ik what key minds i used them in that debate with the zerg are i just needed to know if we are using the grave mind, the grave mind alone would be a beast lol

Rithik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flood for the win.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@strider92: Is Mortarion or Typhus or even Nurgle involved? if so then the Death Guard should win.

If not then the Flood might take this in a good fight.

Both Mortarion, Typhus and any other named character that belongs to the Death Guard are present but Nurgle himself no as he would solo lol.

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of the second guy. But going for him. Looks like a badass Zombie Fallout Brother Hood of Steel guy.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@thelegion said:

One and a half Death Guard Factions? Death Guard is a part of the Chaos Space Marine 'faction'. Honestly, you could gather all the Chaos Space Marines together, and I would bet all my money on the Flood winning... by a large margin. The largest threat would be Magnus by far.

I would argue that the Thousand Sons could potentially solo. They have no biological bodies to infect or assimilate thanks to Ahzeks Rubic Curse, nearly every squad Captain is a powerful psyker in their own right and on top of it that have two of the most powerful psykers to ever grace 40k. Magnus, Ahzek, Veq, Phosis etc.... would be a VERY hard obstacle to overcome ontop of being unable to infect Rubic Marines.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: What do u think about the Ultramarines do u think their PIS could beat the whole entire flood race?XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: If the Sons had more members, I would believe it could be possible to hold the Flood off near indefinitely with their ability to resurrect their members. But there are just so many flood with powerful Forerunner weaponry, and the odds are very likely they would wear down and beat the Thousand Sons by pure numbers.

I would agree that the Thousand Sons are the hardest with Magnus the Red being extremely hard to bring down, honestly, even then Magnus might be impossible to bring down due to his nature of a daemon. He could then start summoning back the dead sorcerers and rubrics from his Daemon World, but I don't see them having the numbers to really stop the flood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: wrong so wrong that

<-- they even say so. We all know Alpha legion would fair the best against the flood

<-- is scouting for the flood and will precede to give them ^^ XD

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Detrolord

Both faction at their peak imao

Flood then

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have to say the Flood. The Flood are a formidable force, it'd take more than one 40k faction to beat that team.

-_- Tyraninds? Necrons? Old Ones? Eldar? Chaos? and even the Emperor could solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord: emperor can't solo hes on his death bed right now. XD

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord: emperor can't solo hes on his death bed right now. XD

Emperor at his Prime b4 his spoiled son beat him 2 death XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord: XD and i think still on his death bed the emperor could prolly beat the flood if he didnt have to focus on chaos.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Detrolord

@detrolord: XD and i think still on his death bed the emperor could prolly beat the flood if he didnt have to focus on chaos.

True man but he can't solo cause he still needs millions of psykers to eat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord: thousand per day XD and thats all he would need XD

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@strider92: Yea I knew Nurgle wasn't involved LOL! I was joking but stince he's my favorite Chaos God and that the Eath Guard are his faction I thought I'd bring him up for fun XD

Anyways since you said Mortarion & Typhus are in play then I personal think the Death Guard might win.

Without them then the Flood should win.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: What do u think about the Ultramarines do u think their PIS could beat the whole entire flood race?XD

Well to be fair the Ultramarines are the largest Chapter of Marines in 40k and one of the most versatile thanks to them being the conjunction of nearly every single Marine that remained loyal from different chapters that fell to Chaos. However they do fail to exhibit the baadassery that I would expect from a hybrid Chapter.

However as I said before they do have numbers. Nowhere near as much as the entire Flood race but a lot. Including a HELL of a lot of spaceships all prepped for Exterminatus if it comes to it. If any loyalist chapter was going to be a major threat to the Flood it would be them........and i'm not a big fan of the Smurfmarines. The battle would also probably only be one by the Marines playing tactical and bring the fight into space where their superior firepower would be best used. As I said the Ultra's are my least favorite chapter but damn do they have resources.

@wut said:

@strider92: If the Sons had more members, I would believe it could be possible to hold the Flood off near indefinitely with their ability to resurrect their members. But there are just so many flood with powerful Forerunner weaponry, and the odds are very likely they would wear down and beat the Thousand Sons by pure numbers.

While I agree the Flood has a good shot with Forerunner tech wouldn't the psykers be more dangerous. I mean I heard Magnus performed a planet wipe (don't recall where the feat is from but would be good to know if anyone can tell me) and even people like Ahzek, Veq and Phosis are known for the city level capabilities. Heck Phosis even held off and attack from Leman Russ. Throw in their ludicrious pre-cog (Ahzek watching battles before they happen etc...) they'd have a very good idea of what not to do and if Magnus chose to go all time-slow hax on them then they'd have a LOT of trouble fighting an enemy that they cannot infect, knows what they'll do before they do it, can essentially control every aspect of the battle and also wielding a type of power the Flood has never faced before.

Halo doesn't have any kind of magic etc... does it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: They maybe big, but they are not the size of the good ol' legions XD. Honestly i thought the Imperial fists with its allies would be a bigger threat its got more chapters than the ultramsurfs and well they are experts at siege. I'd think they'd hold the longest? I mean yes the flood do got mind powers ( this was for the second post but too lazy to put the picture back up so i commented on this ), but the things hes talking about the Key minds which heres what they are basically from my sources ( books, comics, novels, etc. ) Direct Quote below for the Key minds however the format is a little off ( the big paragraph ) but none the less quoted

"Flood Evolution: KEY MINDS

IDENTIFICATION OF NEW categories of flood components and forms will be distributed upon confirmation.

Tentative conclusion: the Flood is mutating to form Graveminds of unprecedented size and complexity, incorporating many species. Entire planetary ecosystems have apparently undergone conversion to what are being referred to as Key Minds.Evidence of the extraordinary strategic planning abilities of these Key Minds is rapidly increasing. They appear to be more than a match for any metarch-level ancilla, capable of assuming complete control of besieged sectors, and sending converted battle fleets through unprecedented number of slipspace portals utilizing unfamiliar technology.This technology also appears to be capable of blocking delivery of our forces to battle fronts. Vessels showing signs of extreme reconciliation failure have been witnessed at the arrival points of major Forerunner portals.Perhaps most alarming, reports arrive each of reawakened Precursor artifacts, including orbital ribbons, star roads, planetary fortresses, and citadels. Combined defense forces are inadequate to investigate and confirm all instances of these reactivations.They appear to be galaxy-wide."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Halo doesn't got magic its got very little tk and other uses like such, but it doesn't got any magic, its mostly tech based. The only ones that have been known to have any time of force, magic, warp, etc. Was this guy and maybe a few others, but that was about it.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Peak Flood have Forerunner ships which are larger and stronger then Imperium ships, so they won't be outdone in space battles at all. Flood do have massive amounts of telepathy as Graveminds and Key Minds transmit thoughts and actions to flood across the galaxy which would create a Shadow in the Warp like feature. They are also able to speak and corrupt mortal thoughts, the Logic Plague was literally them force feeding someone, or something, so much information it drove them mad as the Flood have conquered numerous galaxies and devoured many races able to give all their memories and thoughts.

Magnus did destroy the surface of Prospero. But, the only two instances of him showing time manipulation where both smaller scale. Since only he and the Emperor have shown this power, I would assume it is incredibly draining and complex to do, so I doubt he could do it for very long or often.

The problem with the Thousand Sons, again, is their lack of members. They are not fighting a bunch of infection forms. They are going to be facing those and infected Forerunners using Forerunner weaponry. While Thousand Sons, including their sorcerers, are going to be immune to having their DNA messed with, a Sorcerer could still have his body stolen via infection form latching onto his spine. That said, I don't see why a Sorcerer couldn't blast said infection form off with his mind, but the infection forms are not what beat the Thousand Sons, it is the massive, massive, massive, massive disparity in numbers.

While they have very good pre-cog, Ahriman being able to guide a ship through a hail of AA fire and consider it a game, seeing an entire battle play out, guiding his bullets with his mind, etc the Flood are not a foolish race. They have planet sized Graveminds known as Key Minds which have consumed the intelligence of unknown amount of species. They are not incompetent in the field of tactics.