• 185 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#151 Posted by Frocharocha (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

Swamp-Thing being effected by the Spores? imo no not a chance.

& Ghost Rider being BFR sorry but wheres that in the rules here?

during the debate ive only mentioned probably 8 characters that will cause chaos to the flood.

So lets start then by getting the main Soldiers on the front line against the Flood & im only going to use Earth Born characters.

Lanterns be Black, Green, Yellow, White & Red will decimate all comers.

Ghost Riders, Stormwatch, Brother Hood of Evil Mutants, Hellfire Club & thats without taking the prep/egg heads into the scenario.

Regardless of the Flood Numbers & tech/weapons if they cant take down the humans/Spartans in there own Uni they stand little chance imo of taking over Earth with so many Guardians.

if the swamp thing is made of organic life, he can get infected. The flood would turn vegetal life into i'ts own Biomass. if the super heroes are unable to stop the Flood from speeding, there would be no more organic life to the Swamp thing to protect itself.

#152 Posted by Mysterioz (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frocharocha: plus the gl's will run out of energy or their rings will be useless

Yellow Lanterns need fear to work

Hal needs Will Power but once he see's the people of earth mutating and turning into horrendous creatures by a nigh unstoppable force he will give up on hope.

#153 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frocharocha: they're not cosmic entities. They are mutants.

#154 Posted by Chaos Prime (10621 posts) - - Show Bio

ok wont debate anymore untill someone proves to me the Halo uni is on a par with this Marvel/DC Earth end of!!!

#155 Posted by Frocharocha (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Frocharocha: they're not cosmic entities. They are mutants.

With cosmic powers.

ok wont debate anymore untill someone proves to me the Halo uni is on a par with this Marvel/DC Earth end of!!!

Master Chief owned 20 ODSTs with his bare wrists when he was a child for the Spartan Training. The ODSTs were so fucked up the UNSC couldn't save them. they died the instant he beat them.

Spartans are know to kill hundreds of elites alone. See halo wars. An Elite is taller than a predator and can easily kill one for sure. Dark Horse also showed a a predator trophy wall with Batman and Cyclops and Wolverine hand.

Fal 'Chavamee also defeated an entire Covenant army trowed at him after his wife was killed. He killed every one only with his swords. He also killed Mega Hunters. Which are basically build sized Hunters.

The Primordial survived the halo rings fire and the reverse Time lock, which accelerates billions of years in nano seconds. He also made the majority of the Forerunner armada go rough and also made created thons of civil wars inside the Forerunner empire. If the Precursors are a tier 4 species in the Karshev scale, then the Primrodial Omnisience is Omniversal.

#156 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frocharocha: I'm not really gonna weigh an opinion on this, as the only Halo I've played to completion is the first one.

I will say that the Predator trophy wall thing you just mentioned is non-cannon. As is Marvel Zombies (for the person above that tried to use that), and can't be used to prove (or in this case disprove) anything.

#157 Posted by Mysterioz (602 posts) - - Show Bio
#158 Posted by Frocharocha (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

@Frocharocha: I'm not really gonna weigh an opinion on this, as the only Halo I've played to completion is the first one.

I will say that the Predator trophy wall thing you just mentioned is non-cannon. As is Marvel Zombies (for the person above that tried to use that), and can't be used to prove (or in this case disprove) anything.

I only used as an example of how strong an elite can be. They are trained harder than the Samurais lol.

#159 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

If galactic incineration couldn't stop the Flood, I don't think Marvel/Justice League would stop the Flood. Batman, for example, is just one man with billions of dollars of technology. The Forerunners made the Halo Rings that rid the entire galaxy of life and that barely stopped the Gravemind. That said, Superman and Flash are fast enough (and them, as well as most other heroes are probably immune to infection) to dodge all of the Graveminds attacks. Wally as far as I've seen has faster metabolism, but he hasn't shown immunity to diseases.

So yeah, restrictions need to be made for beings like Thor, Superman, Dr.Strange, and others that can instantly eradicate most Flood Forms, but those aren't needed directly against Gravemind.

Jean Grey or the Martian Manhunter could probably mind rape the Grave Mind and tell it to shove off.

That's why I'm saying beings like those shouldn't be included in the battle as they are instant wins. However, if too many of them are removed and only Street Levelers are left, than the Gravemind instantly wins.

#160 Posted by Chaos Prime (10621 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mysterioz said:

@Chaos Prime said:

ok wont debate anymore untill someone proves to me the Halo uni is on a par with this Marvel/DC Earth end of!!!

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_spore

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_growth_pods

atmosphere gets infected,

/thread

play halo wars if you don't believe me, they had an entire planet infected with flood spored and the planet was bigger than earth.

My argument here isnt that it cant be done as i mentioned in an earlier post, my argument is have they The Flood been able to take over a planet with the force/protectors/Egg Heads that this Marvel/Earth have?

How do they go about even trying to deal with Iceman? or Prof X with prep?

#161 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frocharocha said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Frocharocha: I'm not really gonna weigh an opinion on this, as the only Halo I've played to completion is the first one.

I will say that the Predator trophy wall thing you just mentioned is non-cannon. As is Marvel Zombies (for the person above that tried to use that), and can't be used to prove (or in this case disprove) anything.

I only used as an example of how strong an elite can be. They are trained harder than the Samurais lol.

Being taller =/= being stronger, and using low-ball showings from a non-cannon source doesn't support your argument.

#162 Posted by Mysterioz (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

@Mysterioz said:

@Chaos Prime said:

ok wont debate anymore untill someone proves to me the Halo uni is on a par with this Marvel/DC Earth end of!!!

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_spore

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_growth_pods

atmosphere gets infected,

/thread

play halo wars if you don't believe me, they had an entire planet infected with flood spored and the planet was bigger than earth.

My argument here isnt that it cant be done as i mentioned in an earlier post, my argument is have they The Flood been able to take over a planet with the force/protectors/Egg Heads that this Marvel/Earth have?

How do they go about even trying to deal with Iceman? or Prof X with prep?

Yes

The Fore Runners

they sent trillions of sentinels against the flood in a thousand year war and were never close to beating them, the flood defeated the fore runners had entire star systems at their disposal losing a planet was nothing to them they'd just bombard it from orbit (Halo Legends) but the flood spreaded faster than they could contain it.

Flood have survived in space which is below zero, Ice Man won't be soloing

Proffesor X is weaker than Jean, grave mind has absorbed trillions of minds none of the telepath's in MARVEL come close to even giving Grave Mind a headache.

FLOOD WIN BECAUSE THEY CAN SPREAD FASTER THAN THE HEROES/VILLAINS CAN CONTAIN IT.

With in hours of landing on earth a small group of flood forced the Covenant to glass the entire continent of africa,

Africa is one of the biggest continents of earth, what if the full force of the flood landed on North America?

they'd get stomped.

#163 Posted by itsgotime (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth-bound beings only so ok.

I'll just take Superman, GL, Franklin Richards, Worldbreaker Hulk, Odinforce Thor, Dark pheonix, Dr. Doom, and Ghost rider (Zarathos in control).

Because you didnt say anything about what scale we could have our heroes. I think the flood are gonna get smashed. Because, as mentioned before, the flood were beaten by two (albeit highly trained) guys with guns. But there wasnt exactly anything magical or mighty about them.

#164 Posted by Frocharocha (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mysterioz said:

@Chaos Prime said:

@Mysterioz said:

@Chaos Prime said:

ok wont debate anymore untill someone proves to me the Halo uni is on a par with this Marvel/DC Earth end of!!!

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_spore

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_growth_pods

atmosphere gets infected,

/thread

play halo wars if you don't believe me, they had an entire planet infected with flood spored and the planet was bigger than earth.

My argument here isnt that it cant be done as i mentioned in an earlier post, my argument is have they The Flood been able to take over a planet with the force/protectors/Egg Heads that this Marvel/Earth have?

How do they go about even trying to deal with Iceman? or Prof X with prep?

Yes

The Fore Runners

they sent trillions of sentinels against the flood in a thousand year war and were never close to beating them, the flood defeated the fore runners had entire star systems at their disposal losing a planet was nothing to them they'd just bombard it from orbit (Halo Legends) but the flood spreaded faster than they could contain it.

Flood have survived in space which is below zero, Ice Man won't be soloing

Proffesor X is weaker than Jean, grave mind has absorbed trillions of minds none of the telepath's in MARVEL come close to even giving Grave Mind a headache.

FLOOD WIN BECAUSE THEY CAN SPREAD FASTER THAN THE HEROES/VILLAINS CAN CONTAIN IT.

With in hours of landing on earth a small group of flood forced the Covenant to glass the entire continent of africa,

Africa is one of the biggest continents of earth, what if the full force of the flood landed on North America?

they'd get stomped.

Don't forget that the species who created the Flood is billions years old and are probably Tier V in Kardshev scale. Which is higher than the Time Lords, whose who could go back in time and kill Galactus back when he was mortal.

#165 Posted by Chaos Prime (10621 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mysterioz said:

@Chaos Prime said:

@Mysterioz said:

@Chaos Prime said:

ok wont debate anymore untill someone proves to me the Halo uni is on a par with this Marvel/DC Earth end of!!!

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_spore

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_growth_pods

atmosphere gets infected,

/thread

play halo wars if you don't believe me, they had an entire planet infected with flood spored and the planet was bigger than earth.

My argument here isnt that it cant be done as i mentioned in an earlier post, my argument is have they The Flood been able to take over a planet with the force/protectors/Egg Heads that this Marvel/Earth have?

How do they go about even trying to deal with Iceman? or Prof X with prep?

Yes

The Fore Runners

they sent trillions of sentinels against the flood in a thousand year war and were never close to beating them, the flood defeated the fore runners had entire star systems at their disposal losing a planet was nothing to them they'd just bombard it from orbit (Halo Legends) but the flood spreaded faster than they could contain it.

Flood have survived in space which is below zero, Ice Man won't be soloing

Proffesor X is weaker than Jean, grave mind has absorbed trillions of minds none of the telepath's in MARVEL come close to even giving Grave Mind a headache.

FLOOD WIN BECAUSE THEY CAN SPREAD FASTER THAN THE HEROES/VILLAINS CAN CONTAIN IT.

With in hours of landing on earth a small group of flood forced the Covenant to glass the entire continent of africa,

Africa is one of the biggest continents of earth, what if the full force of the flood landed on North America?

they'd get stomped.

Being able to Breath in space is onething being able to beat Silver Surfer is another.

Again your not answering my main point so its fair to say NO The Flood have never encountered the Likes of this Marvel/DC Earth in their uni.

U know wot Prof X can do with prep? go to his fav room in the Mansion & put on that state of the Art head set & wait for the Flood to bring it on, while hes waiting he can invite all the telepaths on the planet to a pre Flood party at the mansion, now that would be a nice welcoming commity.

#166 Posted by asIsuspected (529 posts) - - Show Bio

heroes

#167 Posted by Alexman113 (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: Bro, I have been at this for hours. They won't ever address points that conflict their own. This has just turned into fan wank. Walk away while you still can.

@Mysterioz: What is your basis for believing that they would spread faster than the Marvel/DC U could respond. A Universe with much weaker heroes and lower-grade tech stopped the Flood from spreading on Earth.

#168 Posted by Alexman113 (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frocharocha: If he needed Arby and Chief to stop the rings from firing then why did he try to kill them on High Charity and on Earth?

#169 Posted by Mysterioz (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexman113 said:

@Chaos Prime: Bro, I have been at this for hours. They won't ever address points that conflict their own. This has just turned into fan wank. Walk away while you still can.

@Mysterioz: What is your basis for believing that they would spread faster than the Marvel/DC U could respond. A Universe with much weaker heroes and lower-grade tech stopped the Flood from spreading on Earth.

They stopped the flood at it's weakest,

if you want to keep rubbing that in how about I run in some PIS in your face

Black Panther beat Silver Surfer

A Doom Bot stomped Silver Surfer

Reed Richards got one shotted by Spiderman

Spiderman solo'd the X-men

Professor X can't even beat jean in a TP fight.

@Chaos Prime said:

@Mysterioz said:

@Chaos Prime said:

@Mysterioz said:

@Chaos Prime said:

ok wont debate anymore untill someone proves to me the Halo uni is on a par with this Marvel/DC Earth end of!!!

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_spore

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_growth_pods

atmosphere gets infected,

/thread

play halo wars if you don't believe me, they had an entire planet infected with flood spored and the planet was bigger than earth.

My argument here isnt that it cant be done as i mentioned in an earlier post, my argument is have they The Flood been able to take over a planet with the force/protectors/Egg Heads that this Marvel/Earth have?

How do they go about even trying to deal with Iceman? or Prof X with prep?

Yes

The Fore Runners

they sent trillions of sentinels against the flood in a thousand year war and were never close to beating them, the flood defeated the fore runners had entire star systems at their disposal losing a planet was nothing to them they'd just bombard it from orbit (Halo Legends) but the flood spreaded faster than they could contain it.

Flood have survived in space which is below zero, Ice Man won't be soloing

Proffesor X is weaker than Jean, grave mind has absorbed trillions of minds none of the telepath's in MARVEL come close to even giving Grave Mind a headache.

FLOOD WIN BECAUSE THEY CAN SPREAD FASTER THAN THE HEROES/VILLAINS CAN CONTAIN IT.

With in hours of landing on earth a small group of flood forced the Covenant to glass the entire continent of africa,

Africa is one of the biggest continents of earth, what if the full force of the flood landed on North America?

they'd get stomped.

Being able to Breath in space is onething being able to beat Silver Surfer is another.

Again your not answering my main point so its fair to say NO The Flood have never encountered the Likes of this Marvel/DC Earth in their uni.

U know wot Prof X can do with prep? go to his fav room in the Mansion & put on that state of the Art head set & wait for the Flood to bring it on, while hes waiting he can invite all the telepaths on the planet to a pre Flood party at the mansion, now that would be a nice welcoming commity.

I did not say they can breath in space I said they can survive the extreme temperatures in space unaided with out equipment

90% of your MARVEL characters and DC characters will die in space with out a special equipment or powers

2. There are 7 billion people on MARVEL earth

and not even half of them are professional telepath's

even with all the telepaths on dc earth and marvel they still don't equal to a trillion minds.

#170 Posted by itsgotime (9 posts) - - Show Bio

All these feats of the flood are really interesting and all...

But the point you're ignoring, which many have brought up, is that the Marvel/DC universes aren't just full of standard issue cannon fodder. They're full of geniuses and super=powered beings the likes of which can desecrate entire legions without so much as breaking a sweat.

Whats to say that they can't simply purify the planets of these spores? For the minds of marvel and dc, that doesn't sound like too much of a task. A little of Thor's storm on a planetary scale should do the job.

#171 Posted by Frocharocha (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexman113 said:

@Frocharocha: If he needed Arby and Chief to stop the rings from firing then why did he try to kill them on High Charity and on Earth?

Good question. Probably because the gravemnd tough they weren't going to be such of use after. Wheel Mysterioz still got a point on Gravemind telekinetic powers. The Gravemind is a universal being with a uncounted number of minds in a single being with Ominescence. How would the Marvel telepaths go against a being with immeasurable Q.I? Sure, Cosmic beings are going to kick the Flood ass like Thor, but Superman would have to have to destroy every atom of the Earth to destroy the Flood. The spores can just duplicate themselves and create more and more flood forms until every living thing on Earth turned into Flood or until Superman inhalated Flood spores (if it's possible) and turned into a super Flood unit.

@itsgotime said:

All these feats of the flood are really interesting and all...

But the point you're ignoring, which many have brought up, is that the Marvel/DC universes aren't just full of standard issue cannon fodder. They're full of geniuses and super=powered beings the likes of which can desecrate entire legions without so much as breaking a sweat.

Whats to say that they can't simply purify the planets of these spores? For the minds of marvel and dc, that doesn't sound like too much of a task. A little of Thor's storm on a planetary scale should do the job.

Humans tried to do that. They said they created a cure. It was a lie. The only cure like the Zerg according to the Protoss, is by wiping out every spore. But they saw it was impossible so the only way to stop the Flood it was by vaporizing entire planets. The Forerunners done the same, but the infestation was just baaaad. So they destroyed entire clusters and solar systems trying to contain it. The ultimate solution was starving the Flood.

In the games, the Flood was spreading at isolated locations while the sentinels tried to contain. Delta Halo, the Halos and so on. You could see at the 4th level of Halo 3 Elites using masks, all the other elites got infected.

The Special Operations Elite Kusovai was horribly infected when he inhaled too many Flood spores. Given his appearance after infection, he seemed to be mutating much slower than when a victim is traditionally infected by an infection form, perhaps to say that the re-writing of a victim's genetic code for use as a combat form and later biomass is much slower when infection is due to prolonged inhalation and exposure to flood spores.
#172 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

A multitude of characters in both Marvel Earth and the Justice League could blinkstomp the Flood.

List follows

Superman

Flash

Thor

Batman (with prep)

Reed Richards (with prep)

Alan Scott

Supergirl

Wonder Woman

Captain Marvel

Captain Atom

Hal Jordan

Hulk

Classic Strange

Dr Fate

the list goes on.....

#173 Edited by Frocharocha (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56 said:

A multitude of characters in both Marvel Earth and the Justice League could blinkstomp the Flood.

List follows

Superman

Flash

Thor

Batman (with prep)

Reed Richards (with prep)

Alan Scott

Supergirl

Wonder Woman

Captain Marvel

Captain Atom

Hal Jordan

Hulk

Classic Strange

Dr Fate

the list goes on.....

Captain Atom would be a stomp. Outside that, many Flood forms are immune to physycal attacks for some reason. All of them are in Halo CE lol. Anyway, a Forerunner dreadnought would destroy Earth in a blink of an eye and they still lost lol.

The only way to know if Superman can take a Forerunner Dreadnought is by know; can superman survive thousands of blasts of mac rounds, plasma weaponry all of that in the gigatons of powers? Well, the Dreadnought could without loosing a single percentage of their shields and each shoot was in the peratons of power. Basically, hundreds of trilions of nuclear bombs in his face.

#174 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (10240 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman solos

Online
#175 Posted by Chaos Prime (10621 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexman113 said:

@Chaos Prime: Bro, I have been at this for hours. They won't ever address points that conflict their own. This has just turned into fan wank. Walk away while you still can.

@Mysterioz: What is your basis for believing that they would spread faster than the Marvel/DC U could respond. A Universe with much weaker heroes and lower-grade tech stopped the Flood from spreading on Earth.

Alexman113 apart this this reply to u im done!! Lol

#176 Posted by mk111 (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG, this debate is still going? How does the Flood even stand a chance?

#177 Posted by Frocharocha (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111 said:

OMG, this debate is still going? How does the Flood even stand a chance?

They defeated The Forerunners. Every Forerunner was super hero like. Civilian armor was around 6 times stronger than Spartan II armor. The Flood was just too fast.

Btw, Necromancer powers! i ressurect this topic.

#178 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

DC/Marvel stomp.

Some of Marvel Telepaths already had some encounters against Extraterrestrial minds, so, I think they alone could probably do the job.

#179 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Cold Solos

#180 Posted by Frocharocha (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Captain Cold Solos

Is he fast enough to counter?

The Flood entered the Milky Way galaxy at approximately 98,379 BCE, and initially caught the Forerunner military by surprise at G617 g1 using captured non-military vessels to penetrate local Forerunner naval blockades to descend and land upon Forerunner-colonized worlds, overrunning local defenses and converting billions of Forerunners per world with hundreds of millions of Flood forms within a few years. Eventually, Forerunner fleets were forced to commence orbital bombardment on Flood-infested worlds to prevent the Flood's spread to other planets.

After Flood spreading continued, planetary self-bombardment after Flood infestation turned into complete system-wide destruction by detonating planetary system stars after a large Flood presence was detected in a Forerunner system. Forerunner military forces were ordered to don heavy armor and other personnel were ordered into protective stasis.
#181 Edited by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

The Third Army solos. Dr Doom with prep could also solo. All herald level and higher beings could also solo. eg. SS, OF Thor, Monarch etc. Dr Strange, Wanda, Magik could also work together to produce a cure. Characters like Zarathos would be immune. If heroes are allowed to gather items like Cosmic Cube or Infinity gems, they blinkstomp.

I dont think the Flood can take down a red lantern

#182 Posted by Frocharocha (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydama said:

The Third Army solos. Dr Doom with prep could also solo. All herald level and higher beings could also solo. eg. SS, OF Thor, Monarch etc. Dr Strange, Wanda, Magik could also work together to produce a cure. Characters like Zarathos would be immune. If heroes are allowed to gather items like Cosmic Cube or Infinity gems, they blinkstomp.

I dont think the Flood can take down a red lantern

Probably not. That's why i asked for no cosmic beings or sky father.

#183 Edited by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

I went and read Silentium to see if the flood with a Keymind could pull a win. I remain unconvinced that they can given that they've gone from Tyranid wannabes to Xeelee wannabes. That being said, kudos to Bears making glorified space fungus zombies a legitimate threat to a culture-lite level civilization.

#184 Edited by Shawnbaby (9347 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richards and Hope Summers play a game of "Anything you can do I can do better". The End.

#185 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: [Haloite]Butbutbut Keymind logic plague!!![/haloite]