The Flood/Precursors (Halo) vs Composite Star Wars

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now I know what you're thinking, "who are the precursors and what do they have to do with Halo?" Well, the Forerunner trilogy revealed that the Flood are actually one of the many forms a race that is to the Forerunners what the Forerunners are to the UNSC and covenant, taking that form after the Forerunners surprised them by throwing off the shackles of slavery, traveling to their home galaxy, and grinding them into dust while they stood there stupefied that anyone would rebel against them.

The last remaining precursors took the form of organic dust and sealed themselves in containers across the universe in hopes of figuring out new bodies. But after ten million years of degredation, when the dust was released it became the first flood spores, at first working in a sinister way by tricking people into thinking it was healthy and awesome before bad things (tm) happened.

And thus the bouncing mutant death potatoes you see in the games were formed.

But that's not all, once a flood infestation reaches critical mass they start getting magical powers such as:

Shutting down technology by just being in the same area (not fool proof though)

Throwing out a logic plague that causes any AI that can have ambitions to join them.

Using thought to create massive cosmic strings that whip apart planets and can flense solar systems, said cosmic strings can only be destroyed by attacking the "Neural physics" they are made from, so conventional guns? Useless. Weapons that attack thought? Now you're getting there. They also allow for instant travel from point A to B so long as the cosmic strings connect.

Just being present in force causes them to damage and break the spacetime continuum, which notably made it very difficult if not impossible for Ancient Human or Forerunner ships to escape to slipspace.

Oh and they can assimilate a planet of 200 billion actively resisting enemies within mere hours.

At which point does the flood start ripping apart planets and saying "lol, no tech or robots, fight nekkid and vulnerable to infection"? They need to convert entire planets into massive Key minds.

Addittionally once they assimilate engineers and scientists, they can build their own versions of their victim's technology. But the flood is lazy so they prefer just stealing it.

That being said the Flood isn't totally invincible, beings without large amounts of calcium (r.e conventional endoskeletons) or central nervous systems cannot be directly turned into combat forms and must be killed to reused as pure forms first.

With all this in mind, I decided regular star wars dies horribly, so instead we'll use a composite of the various eras and characters to stand against the parasite. Star Wars is given a year to prepare and every flood related material the Halo franchise has to offer to study before the Flood arrives at the outer rim's eastern fringe with a floodified Forerunner fleet and a Keymind.

Rules: No memetic Ewoks.

Fight!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Ewoks solo.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Let's try to be serious here.

Alright.

Any reason why Palpatine can't rip all the information he wants to know from the Flood's hive mind, then just send his giant supply of doomsday weapons, his various Darkside Adepts and his billions of soldiers in to fight them as they emerge, after weakening them with his Force Storm?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity said:

Maybe he was serious. Ewoks have rocks and sticks, that's some hardcore stuff.

Too true. Ewoks are notorious for beating groups they shouldn't be able to.

Therefore, they solo.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite said:

@guardian_of_gravity said:

Maybe he was serious. Ewoks have rocks and sticks, that's some hardcore stuff.

Too true. Ewoks are notorious for beating groups they shouldn't be able to.

Therefore, they solo.

Star Squirrel Girl. :V

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: The Flood are just half of the Precursors, the other half are extradimensional lovecraftian monsters who are a hundred billion years old (of course a Gravemind made this claim and it could have been lying) and have accumulated knowledge throughout all of it.

That kind of mental presence may be, overwhelming.

And of course getting near them may be a bad idea unless you want to see Sith combat forms.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: The Flood are just half of the Precursors, the other half are extradimensional lovecraftian monsters who are a hundred billion years old (of course a Gravemind made this claim and it could have been lying) and have accumulated knowledge throughout all of it.

And of course getting near them may be a bad idea unless you want to see Sith combat forms.

Fair enough, they sound pretty deadly.

I don't really know enough about either side to comment seriously.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not very likely to be that effective in the telepathic department. Gravemind couldn't even control MC with it's telepathy.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite: It's more of them being likely to throw off palpatine rather than them being able to control him. If he did go up against the Flood personally, he'd want to be sealed shut in shielded armor first.

Which is partly why I gave Star Wars prep with knowledge of how the flood works.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was honestly expecting someone to show me an ace in the hole Star Wars has that I hadn't heard of.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DecoyElite

@guardian_of_gravity: He could just use his abilities from a good distance, IIRC he could drain entire planets of their life without any trouble.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god, the ignorance here is overwhelming

The Precursors are practically nigh omnipotent, they would ROLF stomp a billion star wars universes combined at their peak.

They transcended beyond the physical plane, they were so powerful that they became bored with their life they actually LET the Forerunners kill them because they were BORED.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flood itself can be dealt with by Celestials, but the Precursors stomp. I mean Flood as in the biological forms that fight other things. Gravemind should also be killable by Celestials. Keymind... maybe, maybe not. But with multiple Key Minds and what have you, Precursors win.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite: He better hope he has an escape plan if things go south.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flood itself can be dealt with by Celestials, but the Precursors stomp. I mean Flood as in the biological forms that fight other things. Gravemind should also be killable by Celestials. Keymind... maybe, maybe not. But with multiple Key Minds and what have you, Precursors win.

that's until we see more feats, they'd be around sky father level in MARVEL with what we know now.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_cerberus_: Lower end Skyfather, I'm fairly sure Odin would still squash the Precursors.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bump in the interest of seeing someone come to Star Wars' defense.

Yuri_Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now I'm only seeing the Celestials stopping the Flood once it gains critical mass, Star Wars will need to protect itself by curtailing and quarantining the Precursors with extreme prejudice before they can start spreading out of control, which as the defeat of the Forerunner Ecumene showed, is no easy feat. Luckily Star Wars has prep to formulate an idea of how to stop the flood and counter their more...esoteric powers.

Killing that Keymind straight away is pretty much necessary for any chance of survival. The forerunner ships are also a problem, given that they should outgun pretty much anything in their weight class from Star wars, so they'll need to be swamped with logic plague proofed droid ships as soon as possible before they can form the vanguard of infected fleets.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_johnathan: The Bedlum spirits were stated to be nigh omnipotent IIRC. They have control over space/time/energy/matter. There is also the Ones of Mortis......

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_johnathan: The Bedlum spirits were stated to be nigh omnipotent IIRC. They have control over space/time/energy/matter. There is also the Ones of Mortis......

And what feats do they have that measure up to predator netting entire solar systems with cosmic strings?

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Imperator

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@lord_johnathan: Bedlum Spirits solos.

Except the Flood can break reality and engage in solar system busting level reality warping too.

I believe something says the Bedlam spirits are omnipotent, but don't quote me.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_johnathan said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Except the Flood can break reality and engage in solar system busting level reality warping too.

I believe something says the Bedlam spirits are omnipotent, but don't quote me.

But are they? Plenty of people who demonstrably aren't omnipotent have been given the title.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_johnathan: As I said they were stated to be omnipotent. They don't have much in the feat department though. the Ones of Mortis are so powerful there fighting has the potential to rip apart the fabric of the Universe, they are also sporting immortality.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@lord_johnathan: As I said they were stated to be omnipotent. They don't have much in the feat department though. the Ones of Mortis are so powerful there fighting has the potential to rip apart the fabric of the Universe, they are also sporting immortality.

Hmm, well barring the Bedlam spirits, is there anything in Star Wars that can stop the flood force in my OP from gathering momentum and taking over the galaxy?

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Imperator

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Hmm, well barring the Bedlam spirits, is there anything in Star Wars that can stop the flood force in my OP from gathering momentum and taking over the galaxy?

Your OP?

Nothing I can think of but literal!Bedlam Spirits.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@the_imperator said:

@lord_johnathan said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Your OP?

Nothing I can think of but literal!Bedlam Spirits.

I have a lot of role playing alts due to the way we RP here. GoG is one of them.

My primary one is Vrakmul. Well, Vrakmul *was* my main but I dunno, I felt like being GoG and LJ.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Frocharocha

@lord_johnathan said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

No, they cannot. Whomever the Precursors had the power to manipulate the universe as they choose to. The Precursors were also immune to all weapons from booth humanity and Forerunners. You could trow a trilion suns on their structures and it wouldn't even scratch it. Whomever the only way to destroy their structures would be by using the Halo Arrays (which is Precursor technology).

Unlike a normal alien, the precursors are immortal and almost undestructible. The Timeless One survived the Halo Aray fire two times, a time lock weapon and over 20 million years inside a capsule without water or food an even Oxygen. The Precursors can also regenerate their bodies from nothing even if they are turned into dust, because they fused themselfs with the matter of the universe.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@lord_johnathan: Let's see what the the Wars Universe can do with a year prep

They can gather every super weapon that was ever created Death Star,Death Star II, Death Star prototype, Galaxy Gun, Eye Of Palpatine, Sun crusher, Cosiar, Ascended Spear, Dark Reaper, Dark saber, the Center Point battle station, Baradium fission device, baradium missile, Cosmic Turbine, World Devastator,Hypergate; etc.

With just a few minutes prep a few rookie Jedi were able to combine there power and push a fleet of over a dozen Star Destroyers across a lightyear. Imagine with tens of thousands of Jedi and Sith could do with 1 year prep.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@lord_johnathan: Let's see what the the Wars Universe can do with a year prep

They can gather every super weapon that was ever created Death Star,Death Star II, Death Star prototype, Galaxy Gun, Eye Of Palpatine, Sun crusher, Cosiar, Ascended Spear, Dark Reaper, Dark saber, the Center Point battle station, Baradium fission device, baradium missile, Cosmic Turbine, World Devastator,Hypergate; etc.

With just a few minutes prep a few rookie Jedi were able to combine there power a push a fleet of over a dozen Star Destroyers across a lightyear. Imagine with tens of thousands of Jedi and Sith could do with 1 year prep.

They'd still have to deal with the tech shut down and logic plague.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_johnathan said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

No, they cannot. Whomever the Precursors had the power to manipulate the universe as they choose to. The Precursors were also immune to all weapons from booth humanity and Forerunners. You could trow a trilion suns on their structures and it wouldn't even scratch it. Whomever the only way to destroy their structures would be by using the Halo Arrays (which is Precursor technology).

Unlike a normal alien, the precursors are immortal and almost undestructible. The Timeless One survived the Halo Aray fire two times, a time lock weapon and over 20 million years inside a capsule without water or food an even Oxygen. The Precursors can also regenerate their bodies from nothing even if they are turned into dust, because they fused themselfs with the matter of the universe.

Are you disagreeing with me or her?

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha said:

@lord_johnathan said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Are you disagreeing with me or her?

With you. I don't know if the Flood can break reality. But still The Precursors shall win this. They have The Flood and weapons overpowerd as heck we don't even know about.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: The flood causes damage to reality when they gather in large numbers. And honestly I see the Flood and Precursors as more or less one and the same, it's just that the Flood are essentially the latest bodies of the precursors. Or rather hosts.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@lord_johnathan: Oh and for future references here is where the Bedlum spirits were stated to be "omnipotent"

No Caption Provided

--Taken from the Star Wars: Essential Atlas

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_johnathan: Oh and for future references here is where the Bedlum spirits were stated to be "omnipotent"

No Caption Provided

--Taken from the Star Wars: Essential Atlas

Sorry for the delay, but what here exactly is beyond the Flood's abilities?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought universal battles are banned?

What can the Flood do, in any case.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@guardian_of_gravity: From what you stated? Nothing really that is why I said the omnipotents can give them a win if they are. They were stated to be omnipotent but there feats are lacking. In the comic they were able to warp reality/energy/space/time but not to an extent that backs up there omnipotent title. So you can take what you will from there stated "omnipotents".

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Don't they have abilities to launch solar systems and crush suns under their pathways?

Avatar image for darthvenar501st
DarthVenar501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DarthVenar501st

Well let's see... 1 year of prep and ALL the information halo has on the flood will help the Star Wars universe a LOT. If you look at SW in its entirety, throughout ALL its history, there's got to be around a BILLION force users ALONE, with several 1000 of them being powerful, and maybe a few 100 being EXTREMELY powerful(like Revan, Sidious, Bane, Vitiate, Nihilus, Luke, Yoda, Starkiller, Vader, etc.). On top of that, SW has MILLIONS of different species, EACH with BILLIONS to TRILLIONS of people, 1000s of powerful factions and 100s of massive empires stretching across the galaxy! The CIS ALONE have droids(unaffected by the flood) numbering in the QUADRILLIONS! An estimate of the total amount of people in the SW galaxy would be... around several septillions to octillions of people! Many of those are very well equipped and experienced for war. They have dozens of superweapons. They have powerful weapons. I'd say Star Wars beats the flood, but not without some casualties. At most, the flood will probably consume 1000 species, 100 minimum. Even without prep, I find it possible that Star Wars can survive this with their level of tech and knowledge, and the Force. Also, I forgot that the OPrecursors are in this fight too. Well, the Celestials/The Ones of Star Wars can deal with them. They're pretty much the exact same thing as the OPrecursors. So for now, I'll say Celestials and OPrecursors fight to a stalemate while the rest of Star Wars eventually destroys the flood invasion.