The Flash(Wally West) vs. Silver Surfer

victorymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By victorymaker

The rules of this race are simple: The first person to circle the entire globe 100 times wins. Now, personally, I think Flash takes this. Why? Because he has the ability to go at whatever speed he choses. There are no limits to his speed, but at the same time, I never underestimate Surfer's speed. I know that he is incredibly fast, can achieve speeds far beyond those of lightspeed in hyperspace, and is a good match for Flash, but in the end, I believe that Flash will be victorious in this race. I also want to add that, if you have any scans to support what you say, do show them. I would like this to be more of a discussion topic thread, rather than just a "Surfer wins, Flash wins" thread. Personally, I hate those. We are all comic fans here, and in being comic fans, we should have discussions with other comic fans with evidence to support our claims, not just give fanboy answers like "He wins" and not have any proof to support your claim. 

Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Superparody

cant the surfer go hyperspeed???
Avatar image for flashingximpulse
FlashingxImpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FlashingxImpulse

Well, you know Wally can absorb Surfers speed and stack it onto his own. So that wouldn't work too well for Surfer, would it?

Tian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tian
@victorymaker:  
I'm voting Flash, I know a lot of people will say surfer. 
But I'm sticking to flash based on his description and near oneness with the speed force. 

It's said that Flash can go 500x the speed of light easily. He breaks through all the known speed barriers. He can brush up against the Speed Force(Whatever that means). He can make everything look as though it freezes in time.It's said that he can go as fast as he wants, if that is true than he can go faster than the surfer if he wants.
OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OhTru
@Tian said:

" @victorymaker:  It's said that Flash can go 500x the speed of light easily. "

Surfer has SilverAge levels of speed, he is said to be MILLIONS of  times light speed, traveling MANY light years not in a year or days or even hours
He travels to far away stars or planets in just a matter of seconds 

@FlashingxImpulse

said:

" Well, you know Wally can absorb Surfers speed and stack it onto his own "

No he can't 
Surfer's skin is practically impenetrable and the Silver Surfer has resisted energy absorption numerous times and Surfer has totally control over every molecule in his body.  Anyway if cheating is allowed and since Surfer is faster than Flash I'm sure he can just absorb Wally's life force leaving him dead on the floor so there is no possibility of Wally West ever winning the race
Surfer can do this to Wally without ever laying a hand on him
Tian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tian
@OhTru: Wally is so fast he makes light speed look like it's standing still. 

Given the fact that Wally is faster than Death itself, and that he can move and react to the attosecond or a zeptosecond. Basically a second to us would seem like more than trillion years to him(since the origin of the universe) 
Based on description I'd say Wally is faster. 

He's described as being the fastest being to ever have existed in DC. 
Surfer is fast, and he has great accomplishments. But there's nothing to signify that he's the fastest being in Marvel.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MKF30

Wally for sure, I agree with the O.P. plus once he goes Speed Force nothing is faster then that(outside of Zoom I believe) 

My votes for Flash here.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mortein

Flash probably has faster reaction time, but in race Surfer wins. I don't think flash can move more then few hundred times faster then light.
Surfer can pass light years in second which means he is more then 30 million times faster then light.

Avatar image for flashingximpulse
FlashingxImpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FlashingxImpulse

Considering Flash has comeback from even other dimensions, Flash has surpassed the speed of time before. Its roots comes from the love he has for his wife, Linda. Considering Surfer doesn't have that in his life, he never has something that can push him hard enough. Another thing, get Surfer off his bored and see if he can run faster than Wally.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Wally taps into the speed force and wins

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By difficlus

SS 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

im actually gonna say SS might win
uknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By uknow

flash wins easy

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By reactor

Speed Force >>>>> All except Zoom, and even then, there have been occasions when a Speedster has caught up to Zoom. This isn't a matter of reaching the speed of light, its how many times faster than light he goes. SS gets beat, he can't beat Wally's speed.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By difficlus
@Reactor said:
" Speed Force >>>>> All except Zoom, and even then, there have been occasions when a Speedster has caught up to Zoom. This isn't a matter of reaching the speed of light, its how many times faster than light he goes. SS gets beat, he can't beat Wally's speed. "
you do know SS can achieve FTL speed without hyperspace right? 
Over_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Over_kill

Can I just say that Wally wins and I know from a previous debate that I've had?  That particular debate was SS vs Barry Allen though.  However, it's common knowledge that Wally is faster than Barry.  Seeing as at the end of it all Barry beat SS, Wally stomps SS.  Will post a link to that disscussion in a few. 

Over_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fito510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fito510

if surfer can go 30 million times faster then the speed of light and flash can only go 500 times the speed of light then the surfer wins but i would how people r coming up with this cuz im just reading the posts i have no real in out on this.

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By riri4life

Surfer ftw. He's an all powerful cosmic entity y'all!

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin stomps.

Over_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Over_kill

...(Sigh)  Am I gunna have to get into this battle again? 

TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheFlash4740
@Over_kill said:
"

...(Sigh)  Am I gunna have to get into this battle again? 

"
Theres no sense in it, its just gonna be People yappin about Norrin going Warp speed AKA Hyperspace. And Flash being nigh unbeatable when going speed force. Neither side will condeide, and it will be a draw or people will just give up and leave like the other threads like this...
Over_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Over_kill
@TheFlash4740:
Or I'd win like I did the other one.  :D
TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheFlash4740

Feel Free lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wally can win. He can enter the Speed Force, dish out an IMP, or Speed steal. I mean his IMP KO'd White Martian. And he has fast combo speed. I think Wally wins 7/10.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Deranged Midget

Batman and Chuck Norris team up and are already at the finish line by the time Flash and Surfer even have time to warm up.

SolarRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolarRay

Isn't this Proof of the Surfer going FTL? Faster than the speed of light to be precise, Wally on the other hand hasn't shown any evidence of reaching that sort of speed however I would give it to Wally if there's some non cannon or at least evidence of him going faster than the speed of light.
ManofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ManofSteel

Wally West has occasionally become one with the Speed Force. He wins.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Dex_Starr

Only way Surfer is winning is if he starts up high in the air. 

bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bornstar

SS wins. he is faster than light so flash lose

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dex_Starr
@bornstar said:

SS wins. he is faster than light so flash lose

Flash is millions of times faster then light, the dude outran the big bang, Barry Allen outran death itself.  both are faster then Surfer, the only way Surfer wins if he starts 1000 feet in the air, otherwise he loses. 
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Freefa11
@Hohenheim_of_light said: 
Flash is millions of times faster then light,
 People have already indicated the Surfer should be 10s of millions of times faster than light.

the dude outran the big bang, 

How? What was he standing on? How could he even be outside of it? The big bang wasn't an explosion in space, it was the creation of space.

Barry Allen outran death itself.  

So? How fast is the Black Racer (I assume that's who you're actually talking about)?

both are faster then Surfer,  

I always find it funny in battle forums when people try to work around flat out assuming one character is better than another by just comparing them to other characters they assume are better. 

Plus, in Final Crisis, Wally seemed to be keeping up with Barry pretty well, and they were really running about even with the Black Racer; he wasn't gaining on them, but they weren't really outdistancing him either. This would make them equal.

the only way Surfer wins if he starts 1000 feet in the air, otherwise he loses. 

This is a race, not a fight. And Surfer's speed has nothing to do with his altitude.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Saren
@SolarRay said:

Isn't this Proof of the Surfer going FTL? Faster than the speed of light to be precise, Wally on the other hand hasn't shown any evidence of reaching that sort of speed however I would give it to Wally if there's some non cannon or at least evidence of him going faster than the speed of light.
LMAO 
Wally is millions of times faster than light.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only way Surfer is winning is if he starts up high in the air. 
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dex_Starr
@Freefa11 said:
Flash is millions of times faster then light,
 People have already indicated the Surfer should be 10s of millions of times faster than light.

the dude outran the big bang, 

How? What was he standing on? How could he even be outside of it? The big bang wasn't an explosion in space, it was the creation of space.

Barry Allen outran death itself.  

So? How fast is the Black Racer (I assume that's who you're actually talking about)?

both are faster then Surfer,  

I always find it funny in battle forums when people try to work around flat out assuming one character is better than another by just comparing them to other characters they assume are better. 

Plus, in Final Crisis, Wally seemed to be keeping up with Barry pretty well, and they were really running about even with the Black Racer; he wasn't gaining on them, but they weren't really outdistancing him either. This would make them equal.

the only way Surfer wins if he starts 1000 feet in the air, otherwise he loses. 

This is a race, not a fight. And Surfer's speed has nothing to do with his altitude.
It was during Zero Hour. I'll look for some scans

That depends on how fast death usually comes for people.  The Black Racer is essentially the Grim Reaper in DCU.  Silver Surfer has actually died before so the fact that Barry could avoid death by out running it speaks for itself. 

I don't need to use any of Wally's feats for Barry or vice versa.  Barry was never actually retconned by the Crisis so his silver age feats are still applicable.   The guy can still outrun time itself [he did it in Blackest Night].  His latest appearance in Superman stated that he could perceive things at the faster then an attosecond and is faster then time itself.  

This is a fight not a race, which is why the only way Surfer can win is if he can out of range of Flash. 
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

surfer blows him before he gets to pluto

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dex_Starr
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
Only if he starts high in the air out of Flashes reach. 
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
 what i ment was surfer will win before wally makes it to pluto. oh and if wally could even touch surfer he wouldnt be able to hurt him. 
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dex_Starr
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
 what i ment was surfer will win before wally makes it to pluto. oh and if wally could even touch surfer he wouldnt be able to hurt him. 
Really? Because Surfer has been harmed by physical strength before.  Flash's regular hits are about as hard as Superman's.  Imagine getting hit by 10000 of those in a picosecond....
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
Really? Because Surfer has been harmed by physical strength before.  Flash's regular hits are about as hard as Superman's.  Imagine getting hit by 10000 of those in a picosecond....
really. i know flash hits hard but not that hard. Surfer is intangible though so flash wouldnt be able to hit him, and if he could it wouldnt hurt.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dex_Starr
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
really. i know flash hits hard but not that hard. Surfer is intangible though so flash wouldnt be able to hit him, and if he could it wouldnt hurt.
Flash hits as hard as Superman does if not harder, if Surfer gets hit by 100 of those punches in an instant then he won't get up. 
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By supermandefender
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
@Petey_is_Spidey said:
Flash hits as hard as Superman does if not harder, if Surfer gets hit by 100 of those punches in an instant then he won't get up. 
Flash does not hit harder than Superman! O_O; You guys need to stop posting that nonsense. I mean seriously thats ridiculous.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dex_Starr
@supermandefender: Sorry, I don't have any troll food to give you, please go back under your bridge.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Hard choice to make, but I give my vote to Surfer.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheMightyAvenger
@supermandefender: Can't Flash hit with the power of a white dwarf or something like that. And he has the IMP.

Also to all of you this isn't a fight it's a race hence my vote goes to Wally. 
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By supermandefender
@TheMightyAvenger said:
@supermandefender: Can't Flash hit with the power of a white dwarf or something like that. And he has the IMP. Also to all of you this isn't a fight it's a race hence my vote goes to Wally. 
Yes, Wally is def. faster.  But only because of Speed- Force. 

As far as hitting power. Flash speeds up to light speed his mass becomes infinite. Faster than that you become weightless....unless its PIS writer bullcrap.  
Superman can speed up to light speed and increase his mass also. 

Know talking about straight hitting power. Superman has more powerful hits.....That and the Flash was NEVER EVER intended to be more powerful than Superman. Thats PIS in a comic that fans misinterupted the content of the feats being showed. Did the feat happen yes but is it a in general thing...no. 

@supermandefender: Sorry, I don't have any troll food to give you, please go back under your bridge.

lol.....look whos talking mr. flash hits harder than Superman. lmao.  And I wasnt being insulting or directing a attack at u...it was a statement for lots of ppl saying that. Its a misconception and it needs to stop. Flash is getting overrated.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By MrDirector786
@supermandefender said:
That and the Flash was NEVER EVER intended to be more powerful than Superman. Thats PIS in a comic that fans misinterupted the content of the feats being showed. Did the feat happen yes but is it a in general thing...no.
Do you have proof that he's not supposed to be more powerful than Superman? Did any writer ever say that Flash is not supposed to be as powerful Superman or anything like that?
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Flash does hit harder than Superman......... IMP........ 

Either way, Flash would still kill Superman. 

But that's not this thread. 

Flash wins.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheMightyAvenger
@supermandefender: I don't know if Flash does hit harder than Superman or not, all I know is that I heard he hits as hard as a white dwarf. 
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jojjimbo

Surfer ftw.