the flash vs thanos

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Dredeuced

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@dondave: @Dredeuced:@thanosii: This guy, right?

Yeah, I think to fit him into Marvel continuity they renamed him to Fastforward and he's given a few silly appearances since then, but it's almost certainly, to an absurd degree of certainty, Barry Allen.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By dondave

@ThunderGodsWrath:Yep

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Pokergeist

What the Freak....

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2 said:

What the Freak....

Don't ask :P

How did they ever fix Makkari after that race btw? Or is he still permanently stuck in an FTL state? Poor guy can only communicate with other people going FTL :(

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By New_World_Order

@dondave: @Dredeuced:

Oh.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By XxGin

@KCsuperman09:Actually faster it was sadly the Runner.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Jorgevy

I like how everyone 3 years ago was freaking out with whole canon thing yet still considered the "buried alien" event as inter company canon...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@god_spawn said:

@Vance Astro said:

The Flash will punch Thanos so hard in his back that it will rain nachos.

I know this is old, but i can totally picture this being a Superbowl Doritos commercial.

I can't believe I even said that LOL.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By TifaLockhart

I can't believe how hostile it was 3 years ago. Sorta.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By thanosii

tht wasnt even a crossover and unless its on panel or said by an editor then buried alien is just homage not a flash. How they resemble each other is irrelevent and like saying thanos is darkseid

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Killemall

@Floopay said:

How did they ever fix Makkari after that race btw? Or is he still permanently stuck in an FTL state? Poor guy can only communicate with other people going FTL :(

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Burried Alien actually teaches him how to slow down, and he learns the trick off panel. Its in the same issue.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Floopay

@Killemall said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Burried Alien actually teaches him how to slow down, and he learns the trick off panel. Its in the same issue.

I don't remember that, but then again, I haven't read it in years.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Killemall said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I'd like to re-read that issue. Do you know it off hand?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Killemall

@Floopay said:

I don't remember that, but then again, I haven't read it in years.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Here are the relevant scans from Quasar 58

So Burried Alien just says he is going to teach him but teaching him is not shown on panel.

Makkari's next appearence was in Marvel Universe 04, where he looks alright again, given its 4 years after this issue i can understand writers completely forgetting the hyperspeed issue or he learnt to calm down off panel.

@ToO_RaW: I have the issues with me, i have the whole Quasar solo series with me, so i can always go back and confirm.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ToO_RaW

I just want to get them for myself.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Floopay

@Killemall:

Bah, I wish I still had Quasar's solo series. Wendell Vaughn is easily one of my top 10 favorite heroes. Probably in my top 3 to be honest.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By thanobomb1124

@god_spawn: That was funny as hell.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By New_World_Order

Thanos.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By New_World_Order

@Floopay said:

@Killemall:

Bah, I wish I still had Quasar's solo series. Wendell Vaughn is easily one of my top 10 favorite heroes. Probably in my top 3 to be honest.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Is Beta Ray Bill in your top 10? I've seen from battles that you have a rather liking to him.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Floopay

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Floopay said:

@Killemall:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Is Beta Ray Bill in your top 10? I've seen from battles that you have a rather liking to him.

Very much so. Star Masters was one of my all time favorite series. As was Quasar's and the Godhunter series.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By New_World_Order

@Floopay said:

@Killemall:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Oh.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By comic_book_fan

@Zoom: you don't need galactus to hurt thanos he has been hurt by thor and hulk and surfer but hurting isn't beating him.

he has fast enough reflexes to hit flash and he is strong enough to destroy a planet with his bare hands flash isn't winning this hell the team would be lucky to.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash hands down. Wally especially smashes. No contest this is stupid.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By comic_book_fan

@Supermanwithatan01: no he doesn't.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan said:

@Supermanwithatan01: no he doesn't.

Yes he does.
comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By comic_book_fan

how thanos can hit him or even turn him to stone before.

i like wally also but he can't win this on his own.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan said:

Wally is much faster and quicker than Thanos. He could speed steal, pile on IMP's, BFR him into the speed force, vibrate through him causing him to explode, whereas Thanos can do nothing to Wally. Wally could speed up his thoughts so that Thanos telepathy has no effect, Barry used the Speed force to shield Iris from mind control before as well. Thanos with no prep has no chance of defeating a morals off West. Even morals on he should lose unless Starlin is in charge of the ending. 

This battle is spite. Thanos has no defense, Wally has vibrated through all types of shields including lantern constructs. He has picosecond reaction timing, faster than light speed and control over kinetic energy known as "speed steal", "speed lend" or "speed dump". He can even heal at an accelerated pace. Wally is over powered as it is. If this was Jay or maybe Bart as Impulse it'd be much closer but I'd probably still give it to Bart seeing as how he's the fastest Flash. Even if he isn't the most powerful. It should go like this. 

Wally > Barry > Bart > Jay > Jesse. Any of the bold could win. Jay or Jesse might be a closer fight and even a win or 2 for Thanos.

Otherwise. Spite. One Character has no way of catching/harming the other. Speed Steal and IMP would be done with it. Thanos may be durable but Wally slapped PC Mongul around like a ragdoll. He's easily more durable than the Mad Titan. Especially if Thanos isn't being amped by having Death back him. (AKA able to die.)
whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By whydama

@Supermanwithatan01 said:

@comic_book_fan said:

Wally is much faster and quicker than Thanos. He could speed steal, pile on IMP's, BFR him into the speed force, vibrate through him causing him to explode, whereas Thanos can do nothing to Wally. Wally could speed up his thoughts so that Thanos telepathy has no effect, Barry used the Speed force to shield Iris from mind control before as well. Thanos with no prep has no chance of defeating a morals off West. Even morals on he should lose unless Starlin is in charge of the ending.

This battle is spite. Thanos has no defense, Wally has vibrated through all types of shields including lantern constructs. He has picosecond reaction timing, faster than light speed and control over kinetic energy known as "speed steal", "speed lend" or "speed dump". He can even heal at an accelerated pace. Wally is over powered as it is. If this was Jay or maybe Bart as Impulse it'd be much closer but I'd probably still give it to Bart seeing as how he's the fastest Flash. Even if he isn't the most powerful. It should go like this.

Wally > Barry > Bart > Jay > Jesse. Any of the bold could win. Jay or Jesse might be a closer fight and even a win or 2 for Thanos. Otherwise. Spite. One Character has no way of catching/harming the other. Speed Steal and IMP would be done with it. Thanos may be durable but Wally slapped PC Mongul around like a ragdoll. He's easily more durable than the Mad Titan. Especially if Thanos isn't being amped by having Death back him. (AKA able to die.)

You are right. Flash has no way of hurting Thanos

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jackofspades

thanos

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This very thread proves comicvine is full of fanboys and morons together. Flagging for spite

edit:

As @ShootingNova: pointed out, I said comicvine. I mis-spoke and apologize for the disrespect. What I meant to say was the over abundance of pointless posts made by fanboys or morons. I am not referring to anyone in particular. When a battle is all but decided, bumping the battle is fine imo. I'm not a moderator nor do I have any right to tell anyone not to. However if the battle is all but decided or points are being made against a character, answering ".... WINS" and ignoring the actual posters that are attempting to prove a point is both extremely disrespectful and huge SPAM on battle threads. It is not cute, it is not funny, if the intention is but to agitate then fine, have a laugh. But it should be reprehended especially with all the work serious viners put into their posts and moderators put into keeping the battle forums clean and actual fresh debates funded by logic and reasoning. Canon and actual scans or sources aren't always necessary but greatly helpful. Once again I apologize if I offended anyone, but I feel very strongly about this.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ToO_RaW

This very thread proves comicvine is full of fanboys and morons together. Flagging for spite

Omega (twice as powerful as Galactus) couldn't penetrate Thanos' shields. lol. And even if Flash somehow can, Thanos recovers from anything Flash can do to him and then rips him apart. In fact as soon as Flash goes to hit Thanos he is dissolved into nothing via Thanos's dissolving shield thing.

You can't vibrate your molecules while they're dissolving! LOL. Flash dies horribly. There is literally no way for Flash to keep him down. Plus Thanos is just too versatile.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ToO_RaW said:

Omega (twice as powerful as Galactus) couldn't penetrate Thanos' shields. lol. And even if Flash somehow can, Thanos recovers from anything Flash can do to him and then rips him apart.

Haha okay.. What happens is Wally has soo much control over his molecules that he can vibrate them (so can Barry and Bart) between objects including light constructs.  No Flash has to actually touch someone to steal their kinetic energy. Which would leave Thanos to having to use telepathy, which seems to have little to no effect on Flash anymore. This battle doesn't state anything about BFR, Morals on or off, location... The OP is awful but given the lack of parameters one must go by the obvious, they are fighting to win. KO or Death. Flash doesn't have to kill Thanos to win. He could easily drop him into the speed force where it took Superboy Prime (could we agree he's easily more physically imposing than Thanos?) a good bit of time to get out. PC Mongul was slapped around, Superboy Prime (when he was a beast) was getting pwned by Bart, he has a Flash phobia because of it. Thanos could not see, catch, touch, affect the Flash. The Flash in the picture is Bart Allen, also known as Impulse. He is the fastest of the Flash family. Not the most powerful but powerful enough to easily win this battle.

In fact as soon as Flash goes to hit Thanos he is dissolved into nothing via Thanos's dissolving shield thing.

Flash doesn't need to hit Thanos, he could vibrate straight through him. If he wanted to Vibrate through the force field, like any Flash has ever, then he would. Then simply pound Thanos face. Thanos wouldn't be able to react. Wally specifically doesn't have the control Barry and Bart do, that's why he vibrates his molecules too fast which causes friction, then combustion i,e. the explosions that ensue.

You can't vibrate your molecules while they're dissolving! LOL. Flash dies horribly. There is literally no way for Flash to keep him down. Plus Thanos is just too versatile.

She's trying to physically overpower a force field. Flash will become intangible and slide right through it. On any Flash respect thread or forum involving Wally, Barry or Bart, they are sure to have a number of scans where the Flash has vibrated through mystical force fields, Green Lantern constructs, other tech force fields etc. Flash could literally hit Thanos just as hard as he's ever been hit, (infinite mass at the speed of light, there is no greater force) every time he lifted his head from the ground. He could steal his speed, making him a statue, then speed force dump him. Where he would have lost the battle due to BFR.

Thanos can't touch Flash. Can't use his telepathy. Can't even defend himself adequately (with no prep) vs the Flash. Unless the OP changes and Thanos gets prep time then he loses here, and badly. 

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ToO_RaW

She's trying to physically overpower a force field. Flash will become intangible and slide right through it. On any Flash respect thread or forum involving Wally, Barry or Bart, they are sure to have a number of scans where the Flash has vibrated through mystical force fields, Green Lantern constructs, other tech force fields etc. Flash could literally hit Thanos just as hard as he's ever been hit, (infinite mass at the speed of light, there is no greater force) every time he lifted his head from the ground. He could steal his speed, making him a statue, then speed force dump him. Where he would have lost the battle due to BFR.

Thanos can't touch Flash. Can't use his telepathy. Can't even defend himself adequately (with no prep) vs the Flash. Unless the OP changes and Thanos gets prep time then he loses here, and badly.

Thanos's shields have kept Vision from phasing through them. Intangibility means nothing to Thanos. Sorry dude.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ToO_RaW said:

Thanos's shields have kept Vision from phasing through them. Intangibility means nothing to Thanos. Sorry dude.

Vision has nothing to do with the Speed Force. His ability to be intangible has nothing to do with the way the Flashes do. Thanos also had his heart ripped out IIRC. If you post a scan that clearly states he has "auto shields" I'll concede that Wally wouldn't be able to break through. However he has to everyone else. Even so the Flash has done things like this... 

"ACCELERATING YOUR NEURONS... SLOWING YOUR CEREBRAL CORTEX"
All the Flash has to do is Speed steal, render Thanos brain dead. AND for overkill or incase the first 2 don't work (which there is no reason they shouldn't) then he could just dump him into the Speed force. With no prep, Thanos loses. He can't react, let alone move fast enough to defend or go on any sort of offensive. Lets say the Flash is having an off day, theres still no CIS here. He's not going to slip on a banana peel or allow Thanos to do anything before he puts him down. The objective his to win. BFR is a win on the vine. Easily done. IF this was bloodlusted or morals off, Thanos would be comatose by the end..

EDIT: Up top I said that Wally slapped around pc mongul. It was actually after crisis but it was the First mongul that slapped Superman around. Just wanted to correct myself.
ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ToO_RaW

Vision increases and decreases his density to phase and become intangible. Meaning the less dense he is, the easier it is for him to move his molecules through an object. It's actually the exactly the same thing that Flash does but with less molecules involved and no vibrating.

And when Drax ripped Thanos' heart out, Thanos shields were up. However, Drax is specifically designed and created to kill Thanos which is why he was able to pass them.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ShootingNova

It isn't spite unless its intentional.

And flagged for your language. Not everybody on the Vine is as unintelligent you think, nor are they obsessive fanboys.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ToO_RaW said:

@Supermanwithatan01 Vision increases and decreases his density to phase and become intangible. Meaning the less dense he is, the easier it is for him to move his molecules through an object. It's actually the exactly the same thing that Flash does but with less molecules involved.

This paragraph doesn't make sense. The Flash uses his molecular control to "vibrate" through things, he can also move through time and dimensions this way. And yes Vision controls his density but does so by interfacing with an unknown dimension to/from which he can shunt or accrue mass, thus becomingintangible. It's not at all the same thing as the Flash. 

And when Drax ripped Thanos' heart out, Thanos shields were up. However, Drax is specifically designed and created to kill Thanos which is why he was able to pass them.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Yeah, I understand that but my point is, Thanos was physically killed. He's been physically harmed on many occasions. The point isn't necessarily to say that the Flash outright kills him. It's to suggest that it's possible and given the right force he could at least KO the mad titan.  

BTW you ignored my suggestions about the other ways to win and also have yet to show a scan of Thanos' "autoshields" not that I'm saying you don't have one. If you tell me that you have actually read this or seen it and you're 100% sure he has autoshields that dissolve molecules then I'll concede it wouldn't be very effective for the Flash to do that. However it does not answer the other and more important points I brought up in my previous posts.
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShootingNova said:

It isn't spite unless its intentional.

And flagged for your language. Not everybody on the Vine is as unintelligent you think, nor are they obsessive fanboys.

Case and point. And Flag me for language? Moron is now an inappropriate word. You can flag me as many times as you want, it doesn't change the fact that no one besides ToO_RaW is even giving a debate. Just saying "Thanos wins" when he's clearly out matched. You are either a) ignorant of each character and his powerset, or b) a fanboy. Either way that is the kind of thing that should be shunned on the vine. There are posts with people cussing, remarking on intelligence in terms of "retardation" that go on without being flagged. The vine IS full of fanboys and morons together. It's not rude to state the obvious when the obvious is not only proven, but flaunted on a thread to thread basis.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ShootingNova

@Supermanwithatan01: Language isn't necessarily the thing, but you just go on calling them fanboys and morons.

My point is that the Vine isn't filled with "fanboys and morons". No, it isn't obvious. Perhaps there are many that give you that opinion, but the Vine is far from filled by such people.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShootingNova: I'm going to PM you, it's pointless to SPAM this thread. I will gladly send what I'm about to PM you to any moderator if you indulge me for a moment.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ShootingNova

@Supermanwithatan01: Yeah, it's off-topic.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By toptom

this is nothing less than a spite thread. thanos wins.

flash has just defeated ONCE a white martian(that was his best feat) who as ONLY used his speed even if he has got 20 other powers.still,some pages later wally was defeated by another martian. but here on comicvine flash can defeat...mm.. anyone?shure.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By kcaz

neither zoom nor flash can hurt thanos. thanos has taken hits from a power gem + warrior's rage thor, and continues trading blows with him. and that was a weaker thanos, before he received his power boost. flash's own speed will knock him out when he run into thanos's invisible force field.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:

flash has just defeated ONCE a white martian(that was his best feat) who as ONLY used his speed even if he has got 20 other powers.still,some pages later wally was defeated by another martian. but here on comicvine flash can defeat...mm.. anyone?shure.

Flashed KO'd that Martian with a single punch... He has 1 power that he can utilize 20 different ways thanks to the usage of the Speed Force. Thanos was just defeated by the current Avengers. The reason Flash wins battles vs other characters on the vine is, there is no CIS (character induced stupidity), WIS (Writer induced stupidity) or PIS (plot induced stupidity. Examples: CIS - Flash slipping on a banana peel. WIS - Zoom (Hunter) time traveling to the past with his power that doesn't work like that at all.. PIS - Doctor Doom not getting the ig before LT turns the power to on/Green Lantern Kyle KOing Deathstroke after he defeated the Justice League.  Thanos has nothing that could take out the Flash before the Flash takes him out.

@kcaz said:

neither zoom nor flash can hurt thanos. thanos has taken hits from a power gem + warrior's rage thor, and continues trading blows with him. and that was a weaker thanos, before he received his power boost. flash's own speed will knock him out when he run into thanos's invisible force field.

Have you ever read a comic with the Flash in it? Honestly, it's alright to say no that you have a more basic knowledge of Thanos or Marvel or anything over Flash or DC or whatever. The reason I'm asking is because I just posted scans, illustrated key instances and even counter argued Thanos' forcefield and durability. 
toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By toptom

@toptom said:

Flashed KO'd that Martian with a single punch... He has 1 power that he can utilize 20 different ways thanks to the usage of the Speed Force. Thanos was just defeated by the current Avengers. The reason Flash wins battles vs other characters on the vine is, there is no CIS (character induced stupidity), WIS (Writer induced stupidity) or PIS (plot induced stupidity. Examples: CIS - Flash slipping on a banana peel. WIS - Zoom (Hunter) time traveling to the past with his power that doesn't work like that at all.. PIS - Doctor Doom not getting the ig before LT turns the power to on/Green Lantern Kyle KOing Deathstroke after he defeated the Justice League. Thanos has nothing that could take out the Flash before the Flash takes him out.

@kcaz said:

Have you ever read a comic with the Flash in it? Honestly, it's alright to say no that you have a more basic knowledge of Thanos or Marvel or anything over Flash or DC or whatever. The reason I'm asking is because I just posted scans, illustrated key instances and even counter argued Thanos' forcefield and durability.

when i was talking about "20" different powers i intended the white martian. it is not a big deal defeating a martian,who are famous for the numbers of their powers,if he uses JUST one of them.

it is right to not use cis,pis or wis or whatever you want. but people seems to forget that wally or barry are so powerful just on these threads..and not in their comics.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can agree with that, but we are supposed to be assuming each character is fighting to the best of his abilities given the parameters of the OP.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By comic_book_fan

thanos doesn't move superfast but he reacts superfast and wally isn't speed stealing because thanos isn't a speedster nor is he conected to the speedforce in anyway.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Dredeuced

@comic_book_fan said:

thanos doesn't move superfast but he reacts superfast and wally isn't speed stealing because thanos isn't a speedster nor is he conected to the speedforce in anyway.

That's not how speed stealing works. Wally has speed stolen the entire earth, a giant space ship, bullets, Anti-Monitor, etc. You don't have to be a speedster or connected to the speed force for him to speed steal -- you just have to have kinetic energy.