The Flash vs Superman (Not what you think, Just a discussion)

• 56 results
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slimj87d

Lets get down to it, we all know the Flash is faster than Superman when in earth. If you don't agree (I know some of you don't) then lets just assume so in this topic. Use any Flash you want. This is against current Superman.

Round 1
I want to ask who can do the following the farthest (I might add more, can you guys suggest some for others to discuss?).

1. Who can throw a baseball the farthest?
2. Who can hit a baseball the farthest?
3. Who can throw a light frisbee the farthest?
4. Who can sling a rock with a roped slingshot the farthest?

Round 2
Next (I will need help adding discussions for this one)
1. Who can punch with the most force? 
2. Who can carry 1 pound dumbells one at a time out of an apartment the fastest? 20 pound dumbells? [UPDATED @ 7PM, 12-06-2010]

I am always curious about this because from a scientific stand point, F = MA. So applying this to both of these characters (Muscle with good speed vs Extreme Speed) we can have a good discussion here. I hope I can learn more form you guys and see your insight on how this should all play out at a comic book point of view and a realistic point of view.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@SlimJ87D:  the thing with most of the round one challenges is does the flash have to be standing still when he throws hits etc? since then hes not gonna be anywhere near as good.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slimj87d
@lazystudent said:

" @SlimJ87D:  the thing with most of the round one challenges is does the flash have to be standing still when he throws hits etc? since then hes not gonna be anywhere near as good. "

No, I want to use this book as an example.

No Caption Provided

I want to use this book as an example. In this book Wally at will sped his clock up, the way his powers were described was that he sped up his internal clock relative to our time. When he did this, he did not need to run. He only willed the speed force to speed himself up.

I believe this is how the comics may work too. I don't think Wally needs to be running to speed himself up, because he has gone from standing still to running to other countries to gather things and back. We didn't see him start off with a job he was just gone.

I will throw in some input from my point of view, although speed is a key here, it also depends on strength as well. For Superman, picking up a baseball will be like us picking up a tiny pebble. For the Flash, picking up a baseball will be like picking up a normal weight baseball. I believe the strain that the weight of the baseball will exert on the flashes muscle might cause him to not be able to throw the baseball as far as Superman.
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By theiconic

supers is way stronger 

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@SlimJ87D:  even with with this much control of the speed force i still think hes coming second to superman in every field. Mostly because supes has huge power advantage where as the speed advantage to Flash while relatively large isnt as big as the strenght loss to superman.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By slimj87d
@theiconic said:

" supers is way stronger  "

Yes, he is millions of times stronger than Flash. But he is not faster. 

Example: Who can carry more things out of a building, the Flash or Superman?
It really depends, if they are carrying light things, then the Flash will win, but if they are carrying heavy things like 200 pound things, then Superman should win.

Doing activities as I listed doesn't just take strength but also speed. The Speed Force does a lot more than just make its user faster as well, it can form a protective barrier that allows almost no friction. What if the Flash added this barrier to the things he throws or hits? 

Remember, Force = Mass X Acceleration, and there is more too it than that too.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slimj87d
@lazystudent said:
" @SlimJ87D:  even with with this much control of the spped force i still think hes comes second to superman in every field mostl because supes has huge power advantage and  where as the speed advantage to flash while relatively large isnt as big as the strenght loss to superman. "
But what about fluid dynamics?

Thanks to the speed force, the things Flash does is lend the Speed Force to things and people when eh wants to. When he throws a baseball, he could lend that aura to the ball and for a do amount of time the ball would almost have no external frictions fighting against it?
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By tensor

superman 
an from a scientific stand point superman again

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Jayso4201

I'm sorry I'm a huge Flash fan especially Barry but I think you have to give every catagory to Superman, not only is Superman almost as fast but infinitely stronger and can put speed behind all of those tasks.  
Sorry Barry, but they knew what they were doing when they made the Man of Steel.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@SlimJ87D:  in terms of momentum sure far less energy would be lost while the ball is moving via speed force manipulation. But supes has thrown asteroids etc massive distances  and a ball has far less mass, so in terms of energy lot via drag (having that much power to start with) isnt gonna put much of a dent in the balls movement due to all the stored energy it would have from supermans throw. Flashs balls has less drag more ,speed would be close but less power stored in ball from the individual accelerating the ball, supermans ball has nomal drag  but vastly higher power due to strenght from throw being transferred into ball.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By slimj87d
@lazystudent said:

" @SlimJ87D:  in terms of momentum sure far less energy would be lost while the ball is moving via speed force manipulation. But supes has thrown asteroids etc massive distances  and a ball has far less mass, so in terms of energy lot via drag (having that much power to start with) isnt gonna put much of a dent in the balls movement due to all the stored energy it would have from supermans throw. Flashs balls has less drag more ,speed would be close but less power stored in ball from the individual accelerating the ball, supermans ball has nomal drag  but vastly higher power due to strenght from throw being transferred into ball. "

E = [1/2 * M * (Velocity)^2]

Once again, it really depends who throws it the fastest. I think it really depends on how much faster the flash is than how much stronger Superman is than the flash. It's too bad we don't have a way to clock how much faster the Flash can be as compared to Superman.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Erik

Not a battle.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimj87d
@erik said:
" Not a battle. "
Nope.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erik
@SlimJ87D: 
So why put it in the battle forum?
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slimj87d
@erik said:

" @SlimJ87D:  So why put it in the battle forum? "

Well Erik, to answer your question, I see topics like this all the time:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/fastest-there-is-hulk-screamed/584637/ 

I just thought it'd be appropriate here. The crowd here does a lot better analysis on things of this matter anywhere else. It just made sense for me to put it here.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erik
@SlimJ87D said:
" @erik said:

" @SlimJ87D:  So why put it in the battle forum? "

Well Erik, to answer your question, I see topics like this all the time:   http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/fastest-there-is-hulk-screamed/584637/   I just thought it'd be appropriate here. The crowd here does a lot better analysis on things of this matter anywhere else. It just made sense for me to put it here. "
So the reason you posted it in the wrong forum is because others have done so and because you feel the users on the battle forum provide better discussion?
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@SlimJ87D:
Flash isnt faster than Supes probably equal , if you've heard this is because he's beaten him n a race , it's becauise he can steal kinetic energy , therefor can drain Superman of his speed
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By slimj87d
@CaptainRodgers said:
" @SlimJ87D: Flash isnt faster than Supes probably equal , if you've heard this is because he's beaten him n a race , it's becauise he can steal kinetic energy , therefor can drain Superman of his speed "

Any proof to back up your claim?
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@erik:
ano :L , why is this in the battle forum , it's just a series of ridiculous events , like some sort of weird Olympics with the equipment they could find in their shed . 

Why didn't you just ask who is faster and who is stronger ? rather than who can throw  a frisbee further  :L
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By slimj87d
@CaptainRodgers said:
" @erik: ano :L , why is this in the battle forum , it's just a series of ridiculous events , like some sort of weird Olympics with the equipment they could find in their shed .  Why didn't you just ask who is faster and who is stronger ? rather than who can throw  a frisbee further  :L "
because I'm doing a battle where it's Ability s Ability.

So I see the way you want to put it. If Superman and the Flash punched each other who would connect first and why? You claim that Superman is fast as the Flash but what reasons do you have?
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@SlimJ87D:  
read a comic , they have raced Superman 199# they have a tie  
Superman 463# Wally beats him by inches. 
World's finest 198,199# Superman loses and  says Flash is the fastest  
 DC First - Jay steals his Kinetic energy like Wally has done before .
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@SlimJ87D:
Flash 209# - Waly beats him again. 

They have raced many times , they've had a tie and Flash has won , more than one version of Flash.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slimj87d
@CaptainRodgers said:
" @SlimJ87D:  read a comic , they have raced Superman 199# they have a tie  Superman 463# Wally beats him by inches. World's finest 198,199# Superman loses and  says Flash is the fastest   DC First - Jay steals his Kinetic energy like Wally has done before . "

No Caption Provided

Okay, you probably have seen this scan and have a good reason to disprove it. I am open to and interested in your opinion.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think a couple people said what I'm thinking. Supes is only a little slower but a LOT stronger. He can put almost as much speed behind any throw but a lot more force on top of that. It might get iffy with speed force tricks involved, but in straight competition I think Superman for most (unless there's something I don't know about physics...which is entirely possible). But throwing frisbees isn't about power, it's about finesse. Flash wins that one. :)

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By slimj87d
@lazystudent:  
@Buckshot said:

" I think a couple people said what I'm thinking. Supes is only a little slower but a LOT stronger. He can put almost as much speed behind any throw but a lot more force on top of that. It might get iffy with speed force tricks involved, but in straight competition I think Superman for most (unless there's something I don't know about physics...which is entirely possible). But throwing frisbees isn't about power, it's about finesse. Flash wins that one. :) "

Well first, thank you both for your serious answers and opinions. I thought this topic was going to have a flame war.

@Buckshot:
I felt the same way, I brought it up a bit earlier. I don't know how much faster a Flash can be when fully tapping into the speed force as compared to Superman. 

Under Atmosphere Conditions:
I really think it depends now on a matter of factors. It really depends on how much drag effects the two. Mostly Superman will be able to win because of his strength factor but then again a Flash might have the ability to win thanks to their ability to lend the speed force aura on the things. I'm still a little more bias towards Superman for the baseballs but maybe Flash can win at frisbee

Another interesting note is in space:
If there is no gravity in space, and they threw these items, and if the Flash is indeed faster than Supes then the Flash surely has to throw and hit the baseball and Frisbee further. Lets say they were both grounded on the floor somehow.
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By theiconic
@SlimJ87D: if this is true  flash is the most powerful  of any  comic hero  weather dc  marvel
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By slimj87d
@theiconic said:
" @SlimJ87D: if this is true  flash is the most powerful  of any  comic hero  weather dc  marvel "
There are other things that play into the factor though. If they needed someone to hurl something very large then Superman is needed. If they really did need someone to punch something hard then Flash or Zoom theoretically should punch harder. 

That is an example for you that many viners believe here is Zoom, Zoom punches harder than Superman because he is faster than Superman. 

I'd say there are still a lot of things Superman can do that Flash can't. Flash wouldn't be able to carry a car at fast speeds but Superman can. That's why I made this thread to discuss how Strength and a bit of speed would match up against extreme speed.
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By theiconic
@SlimJ87D: good point, but  remember   when superman  doesnt hold back  every thing he does is even far greater and powerful  agreed? u must account for that, when supes lets go
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By difficlus

Round 1
I want to ask who can do the following the farthest (I might add more, can you guys suggest some for others to discuss?). 

1. Who can throw a baseball the farthest? : SUpes 
2. Who can hit a baseball the farthest? : Um depends...could be flash if he gives the baseball speed. Otherwise obvious supes
3. Who can throw a light frisbee the farthest? : flash
4. Who can sling a rock with a roped slingshot the farthest? : Flash if he gives the rock speed, otherwise obviously supes.

Round 2
Next (I will need help adding discussions for this one)
1. Who can punch with the most force?    : FLash

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Physically, if Flash can make the ball leave his hand at a faster speed than Superman, the Flash wins. I'm pretty sure he can, even if he doesn't get a running start, because he's not just a faster runner. He can make his entire body, or any one part of it move faster at will because of the Speed Force.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@SlimJ87D:  its not as simple as just plane momentum when you accelerate something yourself msicne its all about force transfer from yourself the ctaalyst of the reaction. Its very tough to narrow it down to an absolutenaswer. Since we know both flash and supermnas bodies are capable of handling extreem stresses and can manage feats far beyond we can actauly compare. But since superman has vast strenght in all his muscular groups hes a far mopre effiecient strat in terms of getting something accelerated due to his muscles being  in peak condition. Flas has the advantage as i mentioned beofre of virtualy zero drag on his ball thou.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By slimj87d
@lazystudent said:
" @SlimJ87D:  its not as simple as just plane momentum when you accelerate something yourself msicne its all about force transfer from yourself the ctaalyst of the reaction. Its very tough to narrow it down to an absolutenaswer. Since we know both flash and supermnas bodies are capable of handling extreem stresses and can manage feats far beyond we can actauly compare. But since superman has vast strenght in all his muscular groups hes a far mopre effiecient strat in terms of getting something accelerated due to his muscles being  in peak condition. Flas has the advantage as i mentioned beofre of virtualy zero drag on his ball thou. "
Sure, and when you say force transfer it's the amount of acceleration you can accelerate the ball the very moment it leaves you're hand. I believe with both of us understand the physics there. You sound like you've studied in the sciences as well.

Next is the force of drag we are both talking about.

The equation simplified is very close to a parabola. 

Y = X^2 , X being velocity.

So from my understanding almost instantly when Superman throws the ball there is a really high jump in drag already. And the faster it goes a much more higher amount of force from drag will counter the ball.

I actually believe that the Flash  might be able to throw a baseball farther than Superman either in the atmosphere or in space.

Throwing the ball:
Note: This is my educated guess, I didn't have time to work out all the equations.
-In the atmosphere, it really depends on how long the ball will contain the speed force aura. This would be a toss up between both Flash and Superman. But for me, I'd give it to Flash due to drag resistance he'd be able to throw the ball farthest. But who can throw the ball with the higher top speed, I'd say Superman.
-In space the ball would be really light so it would definitely be who can throw it the fastest. Flash.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@SlimJ87D:  yeha iam a forensics graduate i stuidied ballistics as a module. Your are correct about the drag being much higher on supermasn ball as i mentioned also, but the fact that ball is thrown with a greater amount of energy stored and moving at a higher velocity may in fact make it a dead heat or still win for superman.  Because the shear force of the throw while being sapped away via drag would take an aweful long time to cause a complet stop. Where as Flashes ball is moving slower and relying purely on its lack of drag till the speed force  stored in ball runs out. 

It all comes down to this, do you think Flash can put enough speed force into the ball so that it can out travel a ball moving that will travel at a much higher velocity. Tbh i think its more likely for superman to take it on these grounds.
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CaptainRodgers

Flash and Superman are the same speed , Flash wins in a race , it also dpends on which Flash , you may not know but there's different Flashes, Jay Garrick ,Wally West ... they don't have identical abilities so straight away in the title this thread doesn't work , another thing about the title , "not what you think , just a discussion" when people discuss they usually put forward what they  think :S 
This is in the battle forum , though isn't a battle , why is it here ?  
The random events ? whats up with them ? who could throw a frisbee further ? would it not  be better (as i've said ) just to ask who is stronger , who is faster , who can apply more force , who has superior skill etc. even then it wouldn't be a battle . 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By slimj87d
@lazystudent said:

" @SlimJ87D:  yeha iam a forensics graduate i stuidied ballistics as a module. Your are correct about the drag being much higher on supermasn ball as i mentioned also, but the fact that ball is thrown with a greater amount of energy stored and moving at a higher velocity may in fact make it a dead heat or still win for superman.  Because the shear force of the throw while being sapped away via drag would take an aweful long time to cause a complet stop. Where as Flashes ball is moving slower and relying purely on its lack of drag till the speed force  stored in ball runs out.   It all comes down to this, do you think Flash can put enough speed force into the ball so that it can out travel a ball moving that will travel at a much higher velocity. Tbh i think its more likely for superman to take it on these grounds. "

That's very nice, I did some minor forensic lab work as a Materials Engineer using SEM and AFM microscopes. But I'm more in tuned with my mechanical background.

What I was getting at was how much faster would Superman be able to throw the ball than the Flash due to Superman's strength. Relative to our time, The Flash is much more sped up than Superman is, do you agree? Therefore we truly don't know how much faster or even if Superman throws the ball faster than the Flash. In order for us to make a proper analysis, the best thing for us would be to understand how much faster the the Flash is than Superman, how much more the Flash is sped up relative to our time than Superman is sped up relative to our time. I'm guessing Flash would have to be at least magnitudes in the double digits which would most be unlikely. So yeah, I can see where you are coming from and why you chose Superman for the baseball toss.  

The thing that I'm mostly thinking about is when weight isn't too much of an issue. For example a body builder and an average person (not using these two as a Flash and Superman comparison) could probably throw a paper cup the same distance and possible speed. This could be used more as an argument for the frisbee and slingshot rock. How about if they threw the baseballs in outer space? How do you feel about that?
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@SlimJ87D:  the thing about the paper cup is the force of throw affects it far less than a bal,l due to the cup being a bad shape for a projectile its drag and warp factor " warping of the projecticle in flight" due to its material are high therefor it will never travel far outside of a vaccum. But i get the example i just believ that superman is a far more effecient machine in order to apply force to something  he is generating his own force as well its not from an outside source " speed force in this case" so its the safest bet .
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By slimj87d
@lazystudent said:
" @SlimJ87D:  the thing about the paper cup is the force of throw affects it far less than a bal,l due to the cup being a bad shape for a projectile its drag and warp factor " warping of the projecticle in flight" due to its material are high therefor it will never travel far outside of a vaccum. But i get the example i just believ that superman is a far more effecient machine in order to apply force to something  he is generating his own force as well its not from an outside source " speed force in this case" so its the safest bet . "
I feel you man, the speed force is too ambiguous but at least we know that Superman is just a person with all his attributes multiplied magnitudes far beyond imagination.

But discussing the ambiguities of the speed force is the fun part for me! I guess there is no real physics to understand the effects if a person with his same attributes being sped up relative to time itself due to an external source. This is why the Flash is one of my favorite of all time characters because it's hard to grasp exactly how his powers can work to his favor. 
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@SlimJ87D:  exactly its a safer bet as i said.  As a power source teh speed force is intretsing to me to but since its not really science based its very tough to quantify lol
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By difficlus
@SlimJ87D said:
" @lazystudent said:
" @SlimJ87D:  its not as simple as just plane momentum when you accelerate something yourself msicne its all about force transfer from yourself the ctaalyst of the reaction. Its very tough to narrow it down to an absolutenaswer. Since we know both flash and supermnas bodies are capable of handling extreem stresses and can manage feats far beyond we can actauly compare. But since superman has vast strenght in all his muscular groups hes a far mopre effiecient strat in terms of getting something accelerated due to his muscles being  in peak condition. Flas has the advantage as i mentioned beofre of virtualy zero drag on his ball thou. "
Sure, and when you say force transfer it's the amount of acceleration you can accelerate the ball the very moment it leaves you're hand. I believe with both of us understand the physics there. You sound like you've studied in the sciences as well.

So from my understanding almost instantly when Superman throws the ball there is a really high jump in drag already. And the faster it goes a much more higher amount of force from drag will counter the ball.

I actually believe that the Flash  might be able to throw a baseball farther than Superman either in the atmosphere or in space.

Throwing the ball:
Note: This is my educated guess, I didn't have time to work out all the equations.
-In the atmosphere, it really depends on how long the ball will contain the speed force aura. This would be a toss up between both Flash and Superman. But for me, I'd give it to Flash due to drag resistance he'd be able to throw the ball farthest. But who can throw the ball with the higher top speed, I'd say Superman.
-In space the ball would be really light so it would definitely be who can throw it the fastest. Flash. "
wow you know you guys dont need to bring all the real life physics into this stuff...comics contradict the laws of physics and even logic...
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By slimj87d
@difficlus said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

" @lazystudent said:

Throwing the ball:
-In space the ball would be really light so it would definitely be who can throw it the fastest. Flash. "
wow you know you guys dont need to bring all the real life physics into this stuff...comics contradict the laws of physics and even logic... "

You will forget everything about this thread okay? 3 2 1, done.
toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toptom

round 1 is a stelemate. here they are equal.

round 2 the winner is superman. everybody saying the opposite is just...wrong. superman can generate an IMP too,a much much(much)stroger IMP. wally can punch his enemy in the atmosfere if he is running at light speed..superman can do the same standing still,or can just punch you trough the whole planet. supes can even split a moon with a single punch(he said that when he was fighting blackadam). when i'll see wally destroying a moon i'll say that they are equal.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Force = Mass x Acceleration

Flash wins all rounds.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comics don't operate by F=M*A, strength is taken into account when it comes to force (e.g. effect/damage).

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SheenLantern
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, assuming he's not worried about collateral damage, can move his limbs at astounding speeds as well...probably at the speed of light. So you have his strength, that already exceeds Wallys by an unimaginable amount, and his movement speed, which might not be nearly as fast, but is certainly fast enough. That being said, with his combo of extreme speed and strength, I think Superman would edge out Wally in all of these contest.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Explain the IMP.

I should have said "Comics rarely operate by F=M*A"

I'm sure you are aware of many "slow" bricks that have incredible force.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw this.

No Caption Provided

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we assuming that the baseball and the bat are unbreakable ? If they are real baseballs and bats then Flash wins, easy.

1. Who can throw a baseball the farthest?

We have seen the Flash carry people at hundreds of times the speed of light (when he saves them from a nuclear explosion) without killing them, thanks to the speedforce, so I guess he can throw a baseball at the same velocity without the ball being vaporized. Superman cannot do that. Same applies to contests 2, 3 and 4.