Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lance Bastro

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

prep-time favors the enterprise crew
power favors the star wars crew

if the force is able to intervene via a sith lord, q will be able to intervene with the force.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Undergroundgod

Enterprise D would win if you are asking me what ship is better. Enterprise D if you are asking me which crew is better aswell. If one Sith Lord was to get aboard the Enterprise the crew would be dead however. Only it is not like Sith Lords are a a normal crew member on every Star Destroyer, so I find that to be a diffrent question all togeather. I go with Entirprise D if it is ship vs ship, only.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The average Star Destroyer loses without a highly trained commander and crew. If this were the Anakin Solo, Chimaera, Eclipse, Executer, etc. then they win. But the average Star Destroyer loses.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lance Bastro

watch this

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Undergroundgod
@JediXMan said:
"The average Star Destroyer loses without a highly trained commander and crew. If this were the Anakin Solo, Chimaera, Eclipse, Executer, etc. then they win. But the average Star Destroyer loses. "

I agree, with you here.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lance Bastro

star destroyers are typically more powerful and solider than the enterprise, but the enterprise has better adaptive equipment and a smarter crew. so anikin, solo, chimaera can prep better than data, picard, laforge, barkclay?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Lance Bastro said:
" star destroyers are typically more powerful and solider than the enterprise, but the enterprise has better adaptive equipment and a smarter crew. so anikin, solo, chimaera can prep better than data, picard, laforge, barkclay? "
They have the advantage of tactical minds, greater firepower, and Force users. The Anakin Solo is commanded by Jacen Solo, who was a master of battle meditation (boosting his crew while weakening the enemy). The Chimaera was commanded by Thrawn, and excellent strategist. The Eclipse can destroy capital ships with ease (it has a Death Star-like laser). The Executer is just a big giant Star Destroyer with massive firepower.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Undergroundgod
@Lance Bastro said:
"watch this

"

LMFAO!!!
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Undergroundgod said:

" @Lance Bastro said:

"watch this

"
LMFAO!!! "
yea star trek can't mess with the force. lol
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By geraldthesloth

The average Star Destroyer is alot more powerful than any Star Trek ship..

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lance Bastro

they are bigger afterall

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lance Bastro

any thoughts?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By AtPhantom

Star destroyer easy. Their weapons and shields are several orders of magnitude above Enterprise.

rightprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rightprice
@AtPhantom said:
"Star destroyer easy. Their weapons and shields are several orders of magnitude above Enterprise. "

Where do you get that from?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtPhantom
@rightprice said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Star destroyer easy. Their weapons and shields are several orders of magnitude above Enterprise. "
Where do you get that from? "
Star destroyer weapons are capable of vaporizing asteroids in a single bolt. Star trek ships aren't. Not even close.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Star Destroyers are indeed stronger. I still think that the Enterprise wins due to a superior crew. It's not like the Enterprise is just another Federation ship - it's a revered ship with an experienced crew and a long record. That's why I say that if it were the Enterprise replaced with a normal Federation crew, the Star Destroyer would win. Enterprise with its usual crew wins. And as I said before, a Star Destroyer with an experienced crew and good leader (Anakin Solo, Alliance, Chimaera, etc.) would win.

rightprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rightprice

@AtPhantom said:

" @rightprice said:
" @AtPhantom said:
Where do you get that from? "
Star destroyer weapons are capable of vaporizing asteroids in a single bolt. Star trek ships aren't. Not even close. "

I've seen that done numerous times in the various Star Trek tv series, where some asteroid was flying toward some planet and they destroy it with a single torpedo to save the planet.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lance Bastro

actually torpedoes can be charged into isograms. the basic charge is 24 isograms which is still stronger than the most powerful nuclear bomb we have today. these kind of setting can blast asteroids the size of what the star destroyer vaporized into pieces. a higher setting would vaporize it completely. 56 isogram torpedoes can crush small planets. and the enterprise once shot 6 to 8 torpedoes at a star to collapse it. in voyager, they modified a torpedo to wield 200 isograms that was as powerful as a small nova explosion.

also phasers can "vaporize" asteroids too, but they would have to set all the power into the phasers in order to do it which really isnt stadard in battle considering dividing the power for defense, offense, and life support. also, the enterprise uses type X phasers. if it were type XII like the enterprise in the episode "all good things", an asteriod would vaporize with just one blast.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AtPhantom
@Lance Bastro said:
" actually torpedoes can be charged into isograms. the basic charge is 24 isograms which is still stronger than the most powerful nuclear bomb we have today. these kind of setting can blast asteroids the size of what the star destroyer vaporized into pieces. a higher setting would vaporize it completely. 56 isogram torpedoes can crush small planets. and the enterprise once shot 6 to 8 torpedoes at a star to collapse it. in voyager, they modified a torpedo to wield 200 isograms that was as powerful as a small nova explosion.  also phasers can "vaporize" asteroids too, but they would have to set all the power into the phasers in order to do it which really isnt stadard in battle considering dividing the power for defense, offense, and life support. also, the enterprise uses type X phasers. if it were type XII like the enterprise in the episode "all good things", an asteriod would vaporize with just one blast. "
None of this was ever shown. It's just conjecture.  And It's isotons, not grams.

@rightprice said:
"I've seen that done numerous times in the various Star Trek tv series, where some asteroid was flying toward some planet and they destroy it with a single torpedo to save the planet. "
Destroy, yes. Vaporize, don't think so. In fact, Only asteroids I can remember are the artificially manufactured asteroids from Voyager, and they weren't able to completely destroy them even, IIRC.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By EdwardWindsor

star destroyer since teher equipt with several fleets of ties as well as on board firepower so they can atatck any stand alone ship form multiple angles easily

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lance Bastro

star destroyer's are considered more powerful because of the power supply. it's basically star trek antimatter power vs starwars hypermatter power.

but this should be noticed. the star destroyer is very heavy with huge engines that adds to the weight. one hyper matter reactor is about 100 times bigger than the enterprise warp core.

most of the power has to keep the star destroyer awake, and then able to move. then life support. and in battle they would need to have power for defense and offense.
note: the star destroyers use most of its power when jumping into hyperspace.

for the federation, their ships have multiple power supplies. the antimatter handles defense and offense and when in warp. but computers and life support are maintained by a different power supply.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lance Bastro
@lazystudent said:
" star destroyer since teher equipt with several fleets of ties as well as on board firepower so they can atatck any stand alone ship form multiple angles easily "
the enterprise is faster and more maneuverable than both destroyer and its tie fighters under impulse and thruster power.
the only time the destroyer and tie fighters are faster than the enterprise is by hyperspace in a straight line.

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Undergroundgod
@Lance Bastro said:
" @lazystudent said:
" star destroyer since teher equipt with several fleets of ties as well as on board firepower so they can atatck any stand alone ship form multiple angles easily "
the enterprise is faster and more maneuverable than both destroyer and its tie fighters under impulse and thruster power. the only time the destroyer and tie fighters are faster than the enterprise is by hyperspace in a straight line.  "

Yeah I have to agree, even my rabid Starwars fan friends admit that Startrek has better ships, and standard fleets.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@Lance Bastro: and the enterprise beeng faster  here helps how? if the Enterprise is being attacked by multipal ship at once. A star destroyer would  for certain have( ties,interceptors) if fully equipt apperently up to 72 units, the enterprise is not gonna be able to dodge sustained fire from multipal points of origin even thou its more maneuverable. 

Even if the ties dont do much damage they could still be a deciding factor since they are more maneuverable than the enterprise and having small fighter units out in battle and being able to use the destroyers primary weapons as well, edges it for the destroyer for me.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xan84

Enterprise probably get's 1 shooted.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lance Bastro
maneuver does help.
and there's a problem with the tie fighters getting close. the enterprise can rapid fire 100's of antimatter spread burst a second at all directions. (best of both worlds 2) if a tie fighter gets close it will get destroyed. the tie fighters will have to be at a distance. i doubt that the enterprise will waste torpedoes on the tie fighters since phasers and antimatter burst can deal with them.

and another thing that warp can do that hyperdrive cant, is that it can be used tactically by warping and boomeranging back causing several after images. not forget that it takes a press of a botton (s) to warp compared to waiting a few minutes to go hyperspace.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lance Bastro

not saying that warp is faster. hyperspace is millions of times faster. but warp can be used tactically. (also warp can surpass hyper by warp 10 but save that for a racing debate)
tie fighters won't even distract the enterperise be the real power is the star destroyer. 
i don't think the star destoryer can one shot the enterprise though. in order for them to do that, they would need to divert all power into their guns which is risky btw, because each gun doesn't equal the same output of the power the hyper reactor generates. if they do, the guns would either melt or the power would just backfire by overloading.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xan84

Bub you realy need to edit the OP. If Q get's in this fight he would snap all of Star Wars universe out of existence ... If a sith lord get's in this fight then he can destroy the enterprise alone (if he is a high level sith like Sidious). 

Enterprise also can't get to warp 10 ...

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Xan said:
" Bub you realy need to edit the OP. If Q get's in this fight he would snap all of Star Wars universe out of existence ... If a sith lord get's in this fight then he can destroy the enterprise alone (if he is a high level sith like Sidious).  Enterprise also can't get to warp 10 ... "
i almost forgot i made this thread. (d'oh!) -_-
 yea it can't go warp 10 by itself. i think its 9.7 or something like that.
mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mattbryce2000

there was this arcticle that came out a LONG time ago. it was a Star Wars vs Star Trek. Star Wars totally raped. Star Trek is about exploration and going into "the final frontier" Star Wars is about...War. they pretty much said that there was nothing Star Trek could put up that matched the power of a Star Wars ship. oh and Chewie vs Worf in H2H would be epic. just my opinion

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EdwardWindsor

tie fighters are really just a distraction while the star destroyer does the damage , any damage the ties could do would be a bonus, since enterprise has only theoritcly got the power to destroy planets and never having actualy done it as far as iam aware iam sticking to the tried and tested star/planet destroyers.

DygenEntreri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DygenEntreri

It would have to be the Star Destroyer. I'm assumeing that this is a Imperial-class due to the pictures, and the Destroyer has way more fire power and stronger sheilds. It' also way bigger while still maintaining a fair amount of speed, so it can take a lot of damage before being destroyed. I don't think the Enterprise would be destroyed though, more likely Picard would retreat after the first volly or so, as he doesn't want to risk the lives that are on his ship, mostly civilians. I don't think that the Destroyer would need a Force user to win, but if they did, I think all that Q would do would be to prevent Picard and the others from dieing. He's not the type to just come out of nowhere and destroy the enemy, in fact, I would bet on him being the reason the two ships came across each other in the first place.
Ortsab Ecnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ortsab Ecnal

30,000,000 terrajules of plasma gased charged lasers
or
1,000,000 terrajules of multiphasic chainreaction phasers

?????

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lance Bastro

thanks for posting

Newvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if we were to look at the stats with a fine-toothed comb, the Enterprise would win on a 1v1 scale. The reason being comes from the episode The Outrageous Okona. In that episode, Warf (I think) said that lasers cannot penetrate the Enterprise Shield only worthy of yellow alert by federation guidelines. If that's the case, well that's the only thing a Star Destroyer has. I have never seen or read that a Star Destroyer has or uses Proton torpedoes (Not like I know how they differ from photon torpedoes). However there is one thing the Star Destroyer has that could tilt the battle in its favor. The Star Destroyer unlike the Enterprise has a secondary role serving as a starfighter carrier. Loaded with Tie Bombers, the Star Destroyer could send them to the Enterprise, completely depleting its shields. Then the enterprise would be vulnerable to laser attacks.

God I feel like a geek.

Keegan51Noel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Keegan51Noel

This is Ike comparing a WWII Aircraft Carrier and a Modern Nuclear Tridant Submarine.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed kills, and in this one, it kills easily. The Enterprise can and has fought and fired while at warp. The Star Destroyer can't even hope to match that unless it has a gravity field generator, which your average SD does not. Even then, it might not interdict the Enterprise as they can go to warp close to gravity wells, as evidenced by the various times they've sling-shot around the sun to go back in time. Generally, the Enterprise should be able to just do high-speed passes at ftl speeds while letting loose with various photon torp. spreads. I honestly don't see how a Star Destroyer counters such a tactic.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed kills, and in this one, it kills easily. The Enterprise can and has fought and fired while at warp. The Star Destroyer can't even hope to match that unless it has a gravity field generator, which your average SD does not. Even then, it might not interdict the Enterprise as they can go to warp close to gravity wells, as evidenced by the various times they've sling-shot around the sun to go back in time. Generally, the Enterprise should be able to just do high-speed passes at ftl speeds while letting loose with various photon torp. spreads. I honestly don't see how a Star Destroyer counters such a tactic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SD

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wolfrazer

@killerwasp: Wait for to defend that...also is Scotty giving it all she's got? :P

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I'm not big on getting involved with SW vs ST tbh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Wolfrazer

@killerwasp: It's more of really not knowing what is in the STverse as far as ship capabilities are, plus this battle has been done many times, so it's kinda dull...dunno why this was bumped.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: yeah same here, and uh honestly ST has always been considered weaker imo. Idk why the enterprise is considered such a threat to a SD which can take a punch while I'm not seeing the Enterprise taking so much punishment

hoverslam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hoverslam

@geraldthesloth: Nope, not really, and probably not. Star Wars ships are not more powerful or more advanced that Star Trek ships. They might be more powerful than Starfleet ships, but Star Trek has aliens with ships as big as Star Destroyers with more advanced weaponry.

There is a Star Wars vs Star Trek thread on sciforums.org that went 8000 pages that I participated in. This argument could go on forever.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll bump this, I love me some Star Trek v. Star Wars. also... the beta for the new Battlefront is up.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ISD outstrips the trek ship in both firepower and shield strength by several.orders of magnitude. There's no amount of techno babble that can make up for that gap, the ISD blasts the enterprise to bits.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: There's no way it's even hitting an Enterprise at warp. That's just not happening. The Enterprise however, can hit the Star Destroyer. It's a matter of tactics, and the SD for all it's power is basically just a big, sitting, slow-moving duck. It hit's hard maybe, but it hit's slow... it moves slow... it dies.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schillenger420:

Except for the fact that the enterprises firepower is laughable when compared to the ISDs shields and what they can take. ISDs can exchange fire for hours with ships of similar firepower thanks to how powerful their shields are and their recharge rate, the enterprise doesn't have the firepower to take the ISD down anytime soon, while the ISD only has.to land one or two hits.