Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MarvelFan15

Captain America's personal journal.

March 26th - Unspecified year:
I was recruited today. Again. It seems my talents on the field of battle have impressed some higher-ups in the government, and now, of all the things they could have had me do, I'm being transported to some alien planet to help with the militia there. A lot of strange things have happened to me, and I've encountered a number of aliens a number of times. Never been asked to aid in the defense against them on their home planet, though. It should be an interesting experience. I'm on until they've got the place settled. I leave in a few weeks.

March 29th:
It seems I'll be undergoing some chemical treatments to better enable me to compensate for what I'm about to do. Again. Reed Richards is working on the procedure, so I'm not too worried. I've been told it's to help me "cope with the foul air." I guess the atmosphere is unhealthy for human lungs. This treatment should keep my lungs from failing, and be able to function properly without a breathing apparatus. I've also learned who my commanding officer is. A certain Colonel Quaritch. I've seen his stats. He's been to Nigeria without so much as a scratch. I've seen men like him deserve great admiration. I've also seen men like him deserve nothing more than a by-your-leave. Accomplishments do not determine character.  Already I feel predisposed to detest Quaritch...it seems I'll be under the direct command of someone I'd rather sucker-punch in the jaw. Again.

April 1st:
 The ship sets sail. So to speak. Nothing much to say in this entry...though I noticed that my recent chemical enhancements have disrupted my taste buds.  Everything has an aftertaste of copper...

April 5th:
Arrived on base without much trouble. They call the place Hell's Gate, and for good reason it seems. The world beyond is a hellish, if beautiful, place to be. From what I've already heard, the world around seems innocuous and innocent at a distance, but uncertain and lethal up close. They'd better have a damn good insurance plan to cover my ass if I get attacked by a wild alien monster. I've also met Quaritch today. He's one stern man. He reinforced the idea of this place's dangerous nature when he pointed out his scars, running along the right side of his skull. He got them on his first day. He also mentioned the need to constantly exercise, as this planet's low gravity can be a little too relaxing for muscle tissue. I came upon him lifting weights, but from what I've seen, the training facilities are somewhat inadequate....But they'll do.
--- 

"The rest of the journal is not to be found. We can only speculate based on this and other evidence, which include Rogers' testimony, about what happened," said Roger Stockholm, professional investigator. He looked back at Norman Osborn, who was deep in thought. His gaze seemed despondent to the point of alienation of the physical world. He muttered, "This...this will cost..." He held both hands up to either side of his face, and began to massage his temples. He was near breakdown. Thank God the Goblin wasn't here. Though, in a way it was worse. He was suffering alone, his conscious mind being offered no place to escape to. He wearily opened his eyes. They fluttered a bit. "Give me the rundown on what happened. Concise and to the point."

"Captain America defected, sir," explained Roger.  "Apparently, he found out about some internal corruption taking place. Belligerent and intentional mistreatment of the natives, to the point of driving them from their ancestral home. He took it upon himself to help defend them."

"And Quaritch? What about him?"

"Well, sir, he came into direct conflict with Captain America. He was piloting an AMP suit at the time..."
 ===
Scenario 1
===

"And how did Captain America first become accepted among the...these..." Osborn struggled to find the correct name. Roger came to his aid.

"Na'vi, sir. It would appear, based on reports and documented recordings, that he physically fought several of them to gain their respect."

"And the outcome?"

"The fight analysis from my reports is as follows..."

===
Scenario 2
===

"Yes, thank you, Roger." And now, Osborn was aware of what happened, and what had led up to it. Not everything, but it provided him with some closure, enough to sustain his sanity, however briefly. On that note, he retired. His sleep was undisturbed, and no visions of the Goblin arose. 

Fortunately.
===
===

So, you have two scenarios. First is Quaritch in his AMP suit vs. Captain America, armed with his shield. Quaritch has his suit's knife. Battle takes place in same location as the Jake Sully vs. Quaritch battle did. Ends when either one is incapacitated in some way.

Scenario 2: Cap has to fight off several Na'vi. In hand-to-hand combat. There are two rounds this scenario. First is unarmed combat. Second is meelee weapons, a la deleted Tsu'Tey vs. Jake scene in Avatar (Cap is allowed his shield). Cap fights the Na'Vi one at a time. Opponenets battle to incapacitation.

And, just for fun... 

Scenario 3: Jake Sully with multiple meelee weapons vs. Captain America (with shield). Battle to incapacitation.

Note: Sorry I didn't add pictures. Will post some later.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By difficlus

Scenario 1: Quaritch is pretty slow in the AMP suit, given's Caps feats of agility and speed the knife will not be a problem. He skillfully disposes of it with a calculated shield throw to a joint on the suit, probably incapacitating that arm and combo kicks through his glass viewer on the AMP and drags him out. From there Cap outclasses old Quartich is every way.  a slap across the face and the colonel is out cold.Cap 10/10 

Scenario 2: Easy win for cap, he's dodged bullets form close range and has fought people like Rhino, Spider, Luke Cage, Dare devil who would Pawn an entire army of na`vi (not DD). He wins both battles handily. You should make them all rush at him all at once so its more fair. The Na'vi and strong, but not fast or agile enough. 

Scenario 3: Even in his avatar body Jake is simply outclassed in speed, experience, agility, durability and reflexes.  Seen as how Cap fought spider-man and spider man barely got a hit on him he could easily avoid Jake and KO him using pressure points. 

Love the battle set up, more battles should be like this. 

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch

BEST BATTLE THREAD EVER.

If every battle could be set up like this, ComicVine would be amazing.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By difficlus
@texasdeathmatch said:

BEST BATTLE THREAD EVER.

MarvelFan15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MarvelFan15

Thank you both for the compliments, and difficlus for the detailed analysis. Texas, care to elaborate on who would win?

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@texasdeathmatch said:

BEST BATTLE THREAD EVER.

@difficlus said:

Scenario 1: Quaritch is pretty slow in the AMP suit, given's Caps feats of agility and speed the knife will not be a problem. He skillfully disposes of it with a calculated shield throw to a joint on the suit, probably incapacitating that arm and combo kicks though his glass viewer on the AMP and drags him out. From there Cap outclasses old Quartich is every way.  a slap across the face and the colonel is out cold.Cap 10/10 

Scenario 2: Easy win for cap, he's dodged bullets form close range and has fought people like Rhino, Spider, Luke Cage, Dare devil who would Pawn an entire army of na`vi. He wins both battles handily. You should make them all rush at him all at once so its more fair. The Na'vi and strong, but not fast or agile enough. 

Scenario 3: Even in his avatar body Jake is simply outclassed in speed, experience, agility, durability and reflexes.  Seen as how Cap fought spider-man and spider man barely got a hit on him he could easily avoid Jake and KO him using pressure points. 

Love the battle set up, more battles should be like this. 

this.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By castleking

i got a headache. 

not knocking down your OP its actually very detailed and stuff.
I just have A.D.D. or so i tell myself.
is this the Avatar aliens fighting Cap? O_o

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

Hey Op guy you forgot to add in. 

"The colonel points to me in his AMP suit and say "You do this for me. I'll make sure you'll get your shield back. Your REAL shield."

MarvelFan15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MarvelFan15
@castleking: Yes, it is. Also, the AMP suit (piloted by Quaritch) vs. Cap.

@FortressoftheMoon: Hmm...I'll think of a way to add that in there.