The Dragonborn VS Hogwarts

• 82 results
reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@penderor: Dovahkiin's companions include all of the Companions who're Werewolves, Serana whose a vampire with magic, students at the College who all have magic as well, all of his Housecarls, plus Thieves Guld and Dark Brotherhood figures. A Priestess of Azura and really a couple dozen others all across Skyrim, including the Blades members.

Hogwarts gets steamrolled. Dovahkiin can also call in Odahviing and Durnehviir, and summon the Ancient Tongues from Sovngarde. And the spirit of a Dark Brotherhood Assassin. And Atronachs and True Undead from the Soul Cairne. Basically the Dovahkiin has an army backing him, complete with Dragons.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: really? all are equiped with high end armor with magic resist companions from the Companions guild can shape shift into were wolf form and slaughter countless wizards ( whom can barrly handle their verse werewolves) Seline is a vampire lord for christ's sake she can solo countless wizards drink their blood and keep soloing, then we have the troll companions from the dawn guard that will brutalize the wizards fodder and regen quickly form their wounds, the wizard compainions's novice spells can kill dozens of potter verse wizards and witchs god help Hogwarts if they break out the master and expert class spells. oh and the mage's can summon up their own support swelling the number of skyrim forces by a large number.

hell even the house carles should be killing dozens of wizards each due to the fact that they are given the high end gear with spell resist and the fact that they should one shot wizards a the wizards are only humans with no armor or defense's a knife will kill them easily a claymore should kill 3 per swing

the only way the wizards win is by using hogwarts it's self as a weapon useeinng it as a sheild to stop the skyrim team from destroying them and to separate the skyrim team.

@jack_ does the skyrim team have their hud compass?

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jack_

@cjdavis103: No, that's more of a gameplay feature than an actual ability and it wouldn't make any sense here.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_:

.... aren't we using game play Dragonborn?

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Yeah, but he doesn't see a little health bar in the corner of his vision. Same goes for the HUD.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Where is your proof that Skyrim magic is the same as HP magic. That armors might be good against Skyrim but you cannot prove they are good against HP.

Also what is preventing wizards from shutting down the whole bridge once Dovahkiin and company are on it? Dumbledore or Voldemort, they could both solo destroy that bridge and destroy almost every person in Dovahkiin team with that.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Cjdavis103

@jack_: but we are using Gameplay feats knowing exactly where his target is at all times regardless of distance and hiding spells is a feat

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor:

I know that there is such a ting as magical restaince the HP verse due to some beings such as giants haveing it and spells bounceing off of them

I also know that Magic resistance in skyrim bllocks physical magic (fire,water,ice,lightning etc) it also works on non physical magic such as drain soul magic and such. my money would be that magic Resistance is magic resistance , as that would be common sense you would expect that someone like Dr strange and Doctor fate would be able to counter HP magic even thoughe they have never met any HP wizards

Wards to block , shouts ,spells arrows form master bowmen and women to force them back the fact that they can clear the bridge in a few seconds the fact that Dov's shouts will kill anyone stupid enough to be anywhere near him

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Can your Skyrim armor deflect this?

Loading Video...

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Cjdavis103

@penderor:

Ah fiend fire I myself used this in another debate defending Hogwarts the problem with this is Fiend fire is uncontrollable and is as much a danger to the wizards as it is to team skyrim. only difference is the Dragon born has unrelenting force that can push the fire back and away for his group and towards the wizards heck fiend fire might just do the job for the skyrim team

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Penderor

@cjdavis103: It is controllable.

Voldemort and Dumbledore can control it. If they cast it both at once on the courtyard then Dovahkiin ends like this.

No Caption Provided

And what???!!!.

only difference is the Dragon born has unrelenting force that can push the fire back and away for his group and towards the wizards heck fiend fire might just do the job for the skyrim team

I played the games around 80 hours and never was able to use unrelenting force against magic or elements. Thats pure stupidity what you just said.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor:

Voldemort and Dumbledore can control it

oh when did they do that

I played the games around 80 hours and never was able to use unrelenting force against magic or elements. Thats pure stupidity what you just sai

it's called logic Unrellenting force is a literal wave of restrained force that pushes everything away from the user that includes air fire can be pushed by Air and the magic of the shout . even if that dosen't work he has sevral shouts that can stall the flame such as frost breath and ice form and with his mage buddies can use Ice wall magic as well to keep it back as well

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor:

oh when did they do that

it was mentioned right after fiendfyre was first seen. Carrows didn't teach crabbe how to control it. Carrow isn't a high tier death eater either. And for the record, I don't see dumbledore using it.

it's called logic Unrellenting force is a literal wave of restrained force that pushes everything away from the user that includes air fire can be pushed by Air and the magic of the shout . even if that dosen't work he has sevral shouts that can stall the flame such as frost breath and ice form and with his mage buddies can use Ice wall magic as well to keep it back as well

Logic? You're making UF do something that it hasn't done before. No logic involved at all. Unrelenting force isn't a high level attack like shinra tensei repelling everything lol. I haven't seen anything saying it works on fire and air.

Ice wall? lol. Fiendfyre burned through every single thing in the room of hidden things and a horcrux. Ice wall isn't doing anything against it. And team dragonborn has no way past the everlasting fire either.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

so Let me get this stright you have no feats for them controlling fiend fire and you are makeing an assumption thagt hey can but when i make an assumption that an shout that can push anything away can push fire away that's stupid? great double standard here

I haven't seen anything saying it works on fire and air.

it is a wall of force why would it not work on fire and air.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: No, it's a gameplay mechanic. There's a difference between that and a feat. You wouldn't say that the Dragonborn could quicksave whenever he so desires during this battle and load back to that point, that wouldn't make any sense. He doesn't have a HUD and he can't detect his enemies via mini-map.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@cjdavis103: No, because it was literally said that crabbe, being crabbe, wasn't paying attention when the death eater told him how to control it.

it is a wall of force why would it not work on fire and air.

Because it has never done before? Show me UF working on air or fire, gameplay, lore, game books, novels, cinematics, anything. If you're claiming a magic spell can do something it can't, you need some kind of proof.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: UF has vaporized people, daedra and dragons, and has shattered castle walls and blew a town into the sea by accident. It is essentially a wave of kinetic force that batters anything in its path. That would include fire. You're acting as if fiendfire is somehow intangible, when it's not.

nvm that it would hardly tickle these people. Their elemental resistance is so great that they're virtually immune to all elemental magic. And I don't see what stops the Dovahkiin from simply using the Cyclone shout and literally destroying all of hogwarts with a massive tornado.

you know that show Sand Blasters? Well, think of Hogwarts as a sand castle. Now imagine what would happen with a single Fus Ro Dah from the Dovahkiin.

0:35sec

Loading Video...

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

do we have any feats for any wizard using it in a controlled fashion? if it was a practical spell to use why would the good guys need grifndore's sword to destroy the holocruxs?

those are game mechanics not limits give me one physical reason why a larger amount of force cant push air and fire?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@cjdavis103: It's dark magic, used only by death eaters. Did you even read the sentence fully? He wasn't concentrating when they taught how to control it. It was literally said in the books. He was taught, but didn't pay attention.

those are game mechanics not limits give me one physical reason why a larger amount of force cant push air and fire?

Because.. it's a magic spell which is shown to be useless on fire. If you're claiming it's game mechanics, then give me a lore statement, or cinematic clip showing it work. Right now, you only have your opinion.

@reikai said:

@princearagorn1: UF has vaporized people, daedra and dragons, and has shattered castle walls and blew a town into the sea by accident.

Vaporizing things is good. Same thing was done by a portable shield dumbledore can call up.

And when did fus ro dah shatter castle wall again? (This one is a genuine question, it'd be great if you provided quotes. This seems a very reasonable feat to me, something that I can put on the dragonborn respect thread)

Also for the town into the sea one.

It is essentially a wave of kinetic force that batters anything in its path. That would include fire. You're acting as if fiendfire is somehow intangible, when it's not.

Says what?

I'm not acting as if fiendfyre is intangible. It's your assumption that is causing the problem.

Fact - Fus ro dah has never shown to work on fire.

My statement - Fus ro dah won't work on fiendfyre either.

Your statement - Fus ro dah can affect fire, contradicting what's shown.

Back up - None.

nvm that it would hardly tickle these people. Their elemental resistance is so great that they're virtually immune to all elemental magic.

And that's why elemental magic is never used in cinematic and all. Oh wait.

And it works perfectly fine on things immune to most magic, like a horcrux.

And I don't see what stops the Dovahkiin from simply using the Cyclone shout and literally destroying all of hogwarts with a massive tornado.

Just as he did before. Oh wait.

He may very well use the cyclone shout, but it's nothing that can't be countered by a standard wizard, at least not from what he shows.

you know that show Sand Blasters? Well, think of Hogwarts as a sand castle. Now imagine what would happen with a single Fus Ro Dah from the Dovahkiin.

0:35sec

Yes, it's nice to imagine. Imagination is important. But now.. let's look at reality. hogwarts isn't a sand castle, and fus ro dah doesn't even begin to have the power needed to destroy a big building. Much less hogwarts.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

no feats then?

Because.. it's a magic spell which is shown to be useless on fire. If you're claiming it's game mechanics, then give me a lore statement, or cinematic clip showing it work

Your Voice is raw power, pushing aside anything - or anyone - who stands in your path.

^^^^^^ the basic description on the shout

if we want to go into detail in lore the thum was used by old nords in the second era as a sige weapont o take down gates and those where the weakest of the shout users the grey birds shake the world by whispering "Dragonborn" I would imagen the dragon born who is stated to have a Th'um much stronger then them can push back fire

useing game play mechanics?r as proof? really??? in that case the dragonborn is pretty much unkillable and can lower the difficulty to novice and smite without issue

Yes, it's nice to imagine. Imagination is important. But now.. let's look at reality. hogwarts isn't a sand castle, and fus ro dah doesn't even begin to have the power needed to destroy a big building. Much less hogwarts.

since we are apparently using gameplay Dragonborn without mechanics he cant shout a victory in a second but by lore he should be able to smite hogwarts in .35 seconds the voices where stated to have brought down fortress with only their voice and the dragon born is > them

Talos is stated to have had massive power with his voice that was feared by entire army and he did not have a single dragon soul amping him

if we use lore the dragon born should solo Hogwarts with contemptuous ease

the only reason this is in debate is because the op has nerfed him to game play level

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Lore feats are acceptable as long as they are consistent with gameplay level feats.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: I know that however there is a limit t the engin of the Ps3 and the game designers wanted a fun game not someone who could blow up the enemy with a single word. so the game does a poor job of showing how powerful the dragon born should be.

Alduin for example=

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Cjdavis103

@jack_: I know that however there is a limit t the engin of the Ps3 and the game designers wanted a fun game not someone who could blow up the enemy with a single word. so the game does a poor job of showing how powerful the dragon born should be.

Alduin for example should have destroyed everyone in helgen with a single attack yet in game he cause very little damage

in game you can theoretically kill a dragon with your bare hands despite dragon scales being the hardest substance konwn to tamrile

in game guards men can kill an imortal dragon with nigh imaginable armor massive stregth and powerful shouts that should atomize them .

hell even the lord of the vampires is a panzy compared to his lore stated strength

heck in game Aurilas bow whcih is stated in lore to have powerful affects aiding the user is just enchanted to have good damage hell player made weapons are better at DPS

gameplay is not a good measurement for TES lore

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry but there is a thing called Spell Resistance in Skyrim.

A friend of mine played Skyrim and he focused on being being a blacksmith, enchanter and alchemist, when he was 100 on each he crafted items that would improve the results of his creations, he made potions and a set of armors JUST to be able craft the most BADASS and powerful armor and weapon set ever.

This Dragonborn with Alduin on his side is just overkill.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: considering it was taught, it's rather obvious the teacher controlled it in front of him. That's feat 1.

Your Voice is raw power, pushing aside anything - or anyone - who stands in your path.

^^^^^^ the basic description on the shout

That's basically the very definition of nlf. Presuming it does push. How many of those 'anything' or 'anyone' is it successful/effective against? it certainly doesn't work on fire. or a planet. or someone with block level durability. or so on.

if we want to go into detail in lore the thum was used by old nords in the second era as a sige weapont o take down gates and those where the weakest of the shout users the grey birds shake the world by whispering "Dragonborn" I would imagen the dragon born who is stated to have a Th'um much stronger then them can push back fire.

Two completely irrelevant effects. Taking down the castle of a gate = pushing back fire? nope.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

okay no it's not look at the efect of unrelenting force it is an energy pure kentic force tinted blue so we can see it

as it is pushing against whatever is in front of it that includes air and fire unless you can say for sure that for some reason thatt there is airholes in a blast of pure energy.

take a look at the mythbusters useing sound to put out a fire a shock wave which is the closeist real world equivalent to an unrelenting force shout showing that yes a fire is affected by it

now unless you can prove that there is some property of fire which renders it impossible to affect with a shock wave then it is safe to say an unrelenting force shout will push away the fiend fire

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Fus ro dah doesn't have a real world equivalent. It's a magic spell lol.

If you say we can't break a drum because game doesn't permit it, I'm fine with it. But you're saying a magic spell will do something it hasn't done before, that'll need back up.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

It. Is. A. Blast.Of.Kentic.Engergy.

also known as a shock wave.

Prove that there is a way for fire to avoid being pushed when everything else can be!!!!!!!!!!!! what reason besides gameplay mechanics can you give for fire to not be affected by it!!!!!!!! it is the same thing as when you shout into the water there is no affect to water are you saying that water is some how immune to unrelenting fore?????

please give me some logic to your statements because frankly at this point i have provided legitment backing for my argument while you are using game play mechanics which ( i checked with the OP) have no place in this fight

so please prove your position

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

It. Is. A. Blast.Of.Kentic.Engergy.

also known as a shock wave.

proof? I'm hundred percent sure there is none. There is no such thing in the real world as 'blast of kinetic energy'.

Prove that there is a way for fire to avoid being pushed when everything else can be!!!!!!!!!!!! what reason besides gameplay mechanics can you give for fire to not be affected by it!!!!!!!! it is the same thing as when you shout into the water there is no affect to water are you saying that water is some how immune to unrelenting fore?????

'everything else'? No. It doesn't push away lightening and ice either.

please give me some logic to your statements because frankly at this point i have provided legitment backing for my argument while you are using game play mechanics which ( i checked with the OP) have no place in this fight

You're confusing game mechanics with nature of the ability. You're saying fus ro dah can be used to guard against flames, while it has never ever shown the ability to do so. And it's not like skyrim doesn't have fire.

so please prove your position.

I don't have to prove my position, you're the one giving new abilities to the attack. You're the one who have to prove it.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

Alright now I know you are trolling

Unrelenting force is described to push every thing the only reason why it can't is mechanics the same reason why it doesn't work on water it saves on processing space

I am done with you

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1

Vaporizing things is good. Same thing was done by a portable shield dumbledore can call up.

Dumble didn't vape anything. He turned glass into snow that Voldy was throwing at him. That's nothing next to disintegrating the body of a dragon.

And when did fus ro dah shatter castle wall again? (This one is a genuine question, it'd be great if you provided quotes. This seems a very reasonable feat to me, something that I can put on the dragonborn respect thread)

Lore. One of the in-game books actually says this Post-Dragon war when the Nords were hunting down the remaining Dragon Priests and Cultists. Fortified in a castle, so the army sent for a Tongue Master to shout down the walls so they could invade. Also noted that Talos has done the same as well when he was still a General.

Says what?

The laws of physics. Strong wind can still blow out a fire. So a devastating wave of kinetic energy would be more than sufficient.

My statement - Fus ro dah won't work on fiendfyre either.

Your statement - Fus ro dah can affect fire, contradicting what's shown.

Back up - None.

It's not a fact. It's game mechanics. Same reason why buildings don't explode everytime the Dovahkiin sneezes or why you can't kill that annoying brat Braith in Whiterun without a mod. People die when getting shot in the meat of the a$$ with an arrow, despite that not being possible. It's Game Mechanics. We tend to ignore the BS part of it.

And that's why elemental magic is never used in cinematic and all. Oh wait.

It has been shown in ESO trailers. Also Dovahkiin getting flamed on by a dragon and not so much as taking a scratch.

And it works perfectly fine on things immune to most magic, like a horcrux.

Considering TES magic is on a higher tier and Thu'um's are performed in the Dragon Language which is an ancient form of magic given to the Dov by the Divines and only taught to Man because they felt sorry for Alduin taking giant dragon dumps all over them, Shouts that can do far more than anything ever shown in HP.

And that's your opinion. Which is a fine thing to have. But given Dovahkiin is top dog and dropped an evil god who created a soul-stealing fog across an entire plane of existence, would countermand any such thoughts to the contrary about his power. Especially as eye-witness reports from a dragon older than recorded history tells you as much.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jack_

Bump