• 58 results
#1 Posted by thedoctoristhebest (3 posts) - - Show Bio

- morals off

- the doctor has 1 week prep

- darkseid is pre crisis and has the anti life and soul fire he also has apokilps and its resources

- darkseid has 1 week prep

- fight takes place on apokips

#2 Edited by thedoctoristhebest (3 posts) - - Show Bio

also i think a mod also banned my account by accident (billzgodofdestruction)

#3 Edited by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no. Not you again.

#4 Edited by monarch_prime (377 posts) - - Show Bio

By accident,sure.

#5 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Suuuuuurrrrre, accident.

#6 Edited by X_insignia1 (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by The_Imperator (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you give Darkseid ALE AND Soulfire?????? That is quite literally nigh-omnipotence. He stomps the Doctor hard. In fact, with that combo, Darkseid is nearing Lucifer Morningstar/LT/etc. levels (implied power, since neither of those things were ever truly used to their full potential in universe). You know how the Doctor makes people talk a lot - that is a bad thing in this case.

#8 Posted by russellmania77 (14542 posts) - - Show Bio

what did you do?

#9 Edited by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:
@thedoctoristhebest said:

what did you do?

He insulted people, made mismatched threads (often arguing his preferred character could take a much stronger character, such as Lucifier Morningstar vs Bills), trolled the Superman forums etc, etc.

#10 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (15998 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

with soul fire and ALE darkseid stomps.

#13 Posted by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

with soul fire and ALE darkseid stomps.

Not to mention he's Pre-Crisis.

#14 Posted by XLR87T3 (2251 posts) - - Show Bio

I am pretty sure the Doctor can absorb the Tardis and basically become God.

#15 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (15998 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3:Yes, he can. But he didn't do it in multiversal crisis.. He's NOT doing it here, even bloodlusted..

#16 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (15998 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on which resources he's given. Whovian resources are far, far inferior to comic verse, the super alien police don't even have auto lock guns and pocket lie detectors.. but with that stuff, doctor does insane stuff, like brain fry wave, or time lock, or stopping multiversal end..suspending people in time and whatnot. if given comic resources, he won't even register darseid as threat, but it's tough with his current ones.. al and sf are a bit too much..

#17 Edited by NeonGameWave (7688 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way.

#18 Edited by hudyman (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on which resources he's given. Whovian resources are far, far inferior to comic verse, the super alien police don't even have auto lock guns and pocket lie detectors.. but with that stuff, doctor does insane stuff, like brain fry wave, or time lock, or stopping multiversal end..suspending people in time and whatnot. if given comic resources, he won't even register darseid as threat, but it's tough with his current ones.. al and sf are a bit too much..

Spoken like a true genius.

#19 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Crisis Darkseid - Okay...

With ALE - Well, I'm saying Darkseid.

And Soulfire - I definitely say Darkseid. Borderline spite.

#20 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (15998 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@princearagorn1 said:

long time since I saw your name in my inbox :)

#21 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11716 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@princearagorn1 said:

#22 Posted by russellmania77 (14542 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:
@thedoctoristhebest said:

what did you do?

He insulted people, made mismatched threads (often arguing his preferred character could take a much stronger character, such as Lucifier Morningstar vs Bills), trolled the Superman forums etc, etc.

hmmm well that doesnt sound like an accident at all lol

#23 Posted by pongbaz (20 posts) - - Show Bio

An example of the sheer fanboyism of the OP is he once posted a thread of The Doctor vs All incarnations of superman at their prime.

#24 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

By accident.....

xD

#25 Posted by Frocharocha (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@pongbaz said:

An example of the sheer fanboyism of the OP is he once posted a thread of The Doctor vs All incarnations of superman at their prime.

Well, anyway i will try to kill this battle already:

-Darkseid use his speedblitz to kill The Doctor in a nanosecond before he can even see the light reaching his eyes.

#26 Edited by pongbaz (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Also I want to clear something up. When rose absorbed the heart of the TARDIS she did not become omnipotent or a god, she became powerful but not god. All she did was erase a few daleks from time, I'm sure Darkseid would be a lot harder to deal with and it would kill the doctor in the process.

#27 Posted by Frocharocha (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@pongbaz said:

Also I want to clear something up. When rose absorbed the heart of the TARDIS she did not become omnipotent or a god, she became powerful but not god. All she did was erase a few daleks from time, I'm sure Darkseid would be a lot harder to deal with and it would kill the doctor in the process.

Indeed. Not sure if even Dalek shields could absorb darkseid ridiculous amount of damage he could generate.

#28 Posted by The_Imperator (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed. Not sure if even Dalek shields could absorb darkseid ridiculous amount of damage he could generate.

They would not. Because Dalek shields were meant for terrorizing lesser species, since they quite literally move slowly and use slave labor when up against humans and such for the lulz. If they really cared, they have tons of other stuff they could use, if at their prime.

@pongbaz said:

What the crap? Really? That seems rather stupid.

#29 Posted by Montaq (932 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not not a fight when the Doctor is involved, the guy is a walking deus ex machina. There are no reasons to give or argument to be made against him, he just wins because its what he does. There is nothing Darkseid has or could ever get that could pierce his plot armor.

#30 Posted by Montaq (932 posts) - - Show Bio

@pongbaz said:

She fused with the space/time continuum giving her full control over all space and time for a few moments, and yes it would kill him, but he would regenerate.

#31 Posted by cliffrice (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

It was implied she (Rose) Could see all time space and possible futures and pasts. She could resurrect the dead and make people unkillable. Was at least a solarsystem buster level in power hinted at being able to manipulate all matter and energy. Another thing we never got to see the whole power of, like the soul fire and the ALE. With prep The doctor could grab some Plot devices from his past. De-mat gun comes to mind. It erases you from existence kinda like the ultimate nullifier without the unfortunate side effect of you croaking when using it.

anyway my two cents :)

#32 Posted by Dextersinister (5756 posts) - - Show Bio

@montaq said:

It's not not a fight when the Doctor is involved, the guy is a walking deus ex machina. There are no reasons to give or argument to be made against him, he just wins because its what he does. There is nothing Darkseid has or could ever get that could pierce his plot armor.

Plot armour is stripped away for battle forum purposes.

He's always has a plot device or always stumbles upon the answer because it's his own show so he will always inevitably win. In the comic verse the good guys win but that doesn't mean the good guy wins since it's a shared universe Darkseid normally steamrolls over dozens of named characters before he is stopped.

Given his capabilities and who he normally goes up against and how he normally acts Darkseid could win by pulling a gun on him while the Doctor explains his plan.

#33 Posted by Inphase (329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure if the doctor was pissed off, and completely bloodlusted, he would absorb the time vortex and stomp darkseid. I dont know why people always say he wouldnt do it even if he was bloodlusted, thats the hole point of being bloodlusted, a character goes full out at no cost to defeat there opponent, batman never kills, but i always see on multiple battles that if he is bloodlusted, he would kill. Its the same with the doctor and the time vortex, not to mention doctor has a non killing rule just as important as batmans. The time vortex is one resource at his disposal, and since he has 1 week of prep, he has more than enough time to absorb it. He would then become a god, and unleash the true fury of a time lord. Darkseid would then be crushed by his awesome power.

#34 Edited by The_Imperator (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he has Plot stuff because the universe quite literally bends over backwards to help him. In universe explanation for his ridiculous luck is that he collapses quantum waveforms to the waveform most advantageous to his survival in the long run, subconsciously. So taking it away is like taking away Superman's strength or Flash's speed.

@montaq said:

Against high enough level foes, the effect tends to taper off. Darkseid with ALE and Soulfire is effectively the Sourcce. Which means he is beyond any universe bending shenanigans the Doctor has with him.

@inphase said:

I'm pretty sure if the doctor was pissed off, and completely bloodlusted, he would absorb the time vortex and stomp darkseid. I dont know why people always say he wouldnt do it even if he was bloodlusted, thats the hole point of being bloodlusted, a character goes full out at no cost to defeat there opponent, batman never kills, but i always see on multiple battles that if he is bloodlusted, he would kill. Its the same with the doctor and the time vortex, not to mention doctor has a non killing rule just as important as batmans. The time vortex is one resource at his disposal, and since he has 1 week of prep, he has more than enough time to absorb it. He would then become a god, and unleash the true fury of a time lord. Darkseid would then be crushed by his awesome power.

Bloodlusted he has so much more he can do. He built a De-Mat gun for crying out loud; he could do it again if he really tried. But yeah, bloodlusted he will go for anything. Even then, though, ALE and Soulfire are pretty ridiculous.

#35 Posted by Scoop316 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

With all that, Darkseid should win. Take away ALE and Soulfire and you got a better fight. PC Darkseid vs. The Doctor should be interesting...

Standard Darkseid should probably lose against The Doctor, assuming he has any prep and catches Darkseid off-guard. Jobber Darkseid... jobbers in any scenario.

#36 Posted by pongbaz (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to mention Darkseid could use the boomtubes to his advantage

#37 Posted by thedoctorissupreme (12 posts) - - Show Bio

the doctor is a better telepath then martian manhunter, a better fighter then batman, physically better then captain America, has better technology then anything in comics, is more invincible then superman and the smartest fiction character ever.

the doctor is the greatest and most unbeatable person in fiction or otherwise

#38 Edited by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

the doctor is a better telepath then martian manhunter, a better fighter then batman, physically better then captain America, has better technology then anything in comics, is more invincible then superman and the smartest fiction character ever.

I think this might just be the most disgustingly biased post in the history of CV.

#39 Posted by thedoctorissupreme (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedoctorissupreme said:

I think this might just be the most disgustingly biased post in the history of CV.

your just in denial and your biased

#40 Posted by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

Great response, dude. Also *you're

#41 Posted by thedoctorissupreme (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

the doctor is a better telepth then martian manhunter: he has been shown to get info and give info to people he holds back this ability obviously because thats how much of a nice guy he is. if he wasn't holding back he could easily break through the minds of anyone

he's a better fighter then batman he's been alive for 900 years

he's an alien with 3 hearts which is much better then the puny captain america whos human

technology: tardis nuff said

invincibility is because the plot armor protects him from anything and everything so the omega beams will have no effect on him at all

just watch an episode of dr who and you'll see the doctor is easily the smartest fictional character ever

stop hatin on the best tv show ever you uncultured animalistic barbarian

#42 Edited by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

@comicstooge said:

the doctor is a better telepth then martian manhunter: he has been shown to get info and give info to people he holds back this ability obviously because thats how much of a nice guy he is. if he wasn't holding back he could easily break through the minds of anyone

he's an alien with 3 hearts which is much better then the puny captain america whos human

invincibility is because the plot armor protects him from anything and everything so the omega beams will have no effect on him at all

just watch an episode of dr who and you'll see the doctor is easily the smartest fictional character ever

Unless you have actual feats to back that up, I have no reason to believe you.

So? Vandal Savage has been alive 50,000 years and he's not a better fighter then batman.

Captain America can lift 2 tons, can take punches from Iron Man, can fight for days, is immune to poison gas and is physically better then any human normal human could ever be. Simply having 3 hearts doesn't make him superior.

There is technology is in the comicbook realm that is simply above anything in the Dr Who universe.

I don't see how his magic plot armor can save him from something like the Omega Beams. So, if he gets hit directly with a nuke to the face, his plot will just protect him? How does that work?

Right. I have no intention of watching Dr Who anytime soon and you're doing nothing to change my mind.

If watching the show turns me into someone like you, I'm staying as far away from it as I can.

The only person an 'animalistic barbarian' here is you. Unlike you, I don't structure my sentences like a 4 year old and I can at least attempt punctuation.

#43 Edited by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh right, and Darkseid slaughterstomps.

#44 Posted by TheIrishDoctor (440 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy is an utter moron, don't let his ridiculousness taint the image of a truly great show. The Doctor has no h2h skills shown. Although he has been shown to be capable of certain combat skills that he very rarely shows because his morality, but still, no hand to hand skills at all shown. Being 900 (now 1200) doesn't automatically make him a good fighter.

The Doctor has few strength, feats but he has been shown to survive things that would kill a normal human being, specifically in regards to pressure and electric shocks and stuff.

Tech? Yeah I might actually agree with the troll on this one. Some of the Time Lord and Dalek tech really is beyond anything I can remember seeing in Marvel or DC. Things like the Tardises, De-mat gun, and Reality Bomb? They basically toy around with stuff on the level of the Ultimate Nulifier except...better.

His plot armor won't save him from Omega beams. In a random encounter, this is a stupid, one sided fight. If Darkseid wanted to kill the Doctor and would blitz him, he would do so. What makes the Doctor so dangerous is giving him any, and I mean ANY, level of prep. Do this and he literally jokes around with semi-omnipotent gods. It's really not plot armor what the Doctor has. He beats enemies so much more powerful than himself because the other thing Mr. Troll is right about is that he's arguably one of the smartest characters in fiction. He has an innate understanding of how the universe works, and when he goes up against cosmic level entities he always figures out how they work and what their weaknesses are in minutes. With more than an hour's prep, knowledge of his enemies, and morals off (the other thing that occasionally holds the Doctor back, is his absolute stance on morality), he beats cosmic entities and gods like it's fun.

With prep against ALE and SF Darseid? He'd probably realize that every equation has a reverse equation and figure out the...I guess Life Equation (An episode of Doctor Who actually shows that this basically exists and the Doctor almost acquires it but turns it down because he doesn't want to be a God who can create and restore all life). And he's absorb the time vortex to counter Soul Fire. Considering what little we saw of the potential of Rose with the Time Vortex made her a high end reality warper, I'd put that as a pretty good SF counter. Then, when they are essentially equals on that realm, the Doctor would just out-smart Darkseid and beat him via psychology and tactics. So yeah, Doctor with morals off and any sort of prep is really, legitimately OP.

#45 Edited by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

@theirishdoctor said:

The guy is an utter moron, don't let his ridiculousness taint the image of a truly great show. The Doctor has no h2h skills shown. Although he has been shown to be capable of certain combat skills that he very rarely shows because his morality, but still, no hand to hand skills at all shown. Being 900 (now 1200) doesn't automatically make him a good fighter.

The Doctor has few strength, feats but he has been shown to survive things that would kill a normal human being, specifically in regards to pressure and electric shocks and stuff.

Tech? Yeah I might actually agree with the troll on this one. Some of the Time Lord and Dalek tech really is beyond anything I can remember seeing in Marvel or DC. Things like the Tardises, De-mat gun, and Reality Bomb? They basically toy around with stuff on the level of the Ultimate Nulifier except...better.

His plot armor won't save him from Omega beams. In a random encounter, this is a stupid, one sided fight. If Darkseid wanted to kill the Doctor and would blitz him, he would do so. What makes the Doctor so dangerous is giving him any, and I mean ANY, level of prep. Do this and he literally jokes around with semi-omnipotent gods. It's really not plot armor what the Doctor has. He beats enemies so much more powerful than himself because the other thing Mr. Troll is right about is that he's arguably one of the smartest characters in fiction. He has an innate understanding of how the universe works, and when he goes up against cosmic level entities he always figures out how they work and what their weaknesses are in minutes. With more than an hour's prep, knowledge of his enemies, and morals off (the other thing that occasionally holds the Doctor back, is his absolute stance on morality), he beats cosmic entities and gods like it's fun.

With prep against ALE and SF Darseid? He'd probably realize that every equation has a reverse equation and figure out the...I guess Life Equation (An episode of Doctor Who actually shows that this basically exists and the Doctor almost acquires it but turns it down because he doesn't want to be a God who can create and restore all life). And he's absorb the time vortex to counter Soul Fire. Considering what little we saw of the potential of Rose with the Time Vortex made her a high end reality warper, I'd put that as a pretty good SF counter. Then, when they are essentially equals on that realm, the Doctor would just out-smart Darkseid and beat him via psychology and tactics. So yeah, Doctor with morals off and any sort of prep is really, legitimately OP.

I doubt Darkseid can be beaten by simple mind games. He's mentally dominated billions and can manipulate Earth's heroes like chess pieces:

And Darkseid's telepathic abilities can enslave billions at a time. I don't see why Darkseid can't simply read his mind then convince him to kill himself, if it really does come down to use of physiology and tactics.

Not to mention simply speaking the ALE Darkseid gives them the mathematical certainty that life, hope and freedom are all pointless, effectively giving him control over them.

#46 Edited by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, The Doctor has no idea that the Anti-Life Equation even exists, how is he supposed to counter it?

#47 Posted by Dextersinister (5756 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister said:

No, he has Plot stuff because the universe quite literally bends over backwards to help him. In universe explanation for his ridiculous luck is that he collapses quantum waveforms to the waveform most advantageous to his survival in the long run

How exactly does that work? Sounds like a terrible plot device thrown in to justify bad writing.

Either way he is up against an opponent who can manipulate time with the omega effect and see through space and time with the godsense.

Does it work in a way that you show up when your opponent just happens to bein the Bath but if your opponent knew you where going to show up he would have had his bath half an hour earlier.

#48 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (15998 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing true in that post is he's more invincible than superman. He doesn't need obscene objective power to do so..

#49 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1985 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sick of Dr. Who threads.

#50 Posted by hudyman (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

The amount of misplaced facts that have been used on this thread is just unbelievable.

First

The Doctor is bloodlusted and has been given a week of prep................... let me rephrase that. The Doctor, the last timelord in the universe who ended the last great time war between the daleks at their prime and the Timelords who create corridors to walk through dimensions on a daily basis. Yeah he has been given a week of prep to kill someone who has obviously done something to bring on the timelord's rage, in which case the doctor would win. Using doctor who logic, the current doctor ( Matt Smith) Would obviously spend a couple of years observing darkseid as timelords are supposed to do. Thats one of the reasons he is so dangerous, he already knows all your utilities before you use them. Knowing the doctor he wont just absorb the time vortex and be done with darkseid, He is bloodlusted which means that he will modify the time vortex itself to torture darkseid beyond his imagination.

Secondly

Also, The Doctor has no idea that the Anti-Life Equation even exists, how is he supposed to counter it?

Yup, Im sure that during the time the doctor has 1 week of prep (which he could extend at anytime) He wont try to learn anything about darkseid..... yup great statement.

@comicstooge said:

@comicstooge said:

Ah I wouldnt go that far, his telepathy is ok but i wouldnt say it was on par with The MM

1, Hes been alive for around 1700 years now 2, Being alive for a long time does not mean that you automatically become the universes best fighter.

He has two hearts.... What does captain american have to do with this?

Ill agree with you here.

This is just becoming a bit of a hyperbole, This is a battle there are no plot shields......

The Doctor is pretty intelligent but i wouldnt go so far as the smartest fictional character.

That is just Irrelevant to anything on this thread.., he never once stated that he hates doctor who, so i would say that there is no need for the insults.