Avatar image for doctor_alchemist
Doctor_Alchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Doctor_Alchemist

The Doctor (You can pick which Doctor) lands his TARDIS in Gotham City and finds out that Batman has disappeared after rescuing Catwoman in Arkham City. Armed first with only his sonic screwdriver, his martial arts skills, and his intelligence, the Doctor creates a plan to sneak into Arkham City to investigate Batman`s disappearance and if necessary, defeat Hugo Strange and stop the Joker just as Batman would have done. Will the Doctor survive in Arkham City?

Bonus: Same scenario, only this time the Doctor knew that Batman was going to disappear and has had an entire day of prep. The Doctor has an entire arsenal of gadgets he created during the prep time to carry around in his bigger-on-the-inside pockets. Will the Doctor still survive?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

The Doctor wins, easily.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By youmessinwithme

is there anything preventing the doctor from being shot?

No.

the Doctor is shot in the arm causing him to drop the Screwdriver. making him just a normal man in a p-coat. one or several of the deranged sadistic criminals in arkam drag him into a sell, tie him up with a straight jacket and proceed to do things atat I shal not mention to the doctor.

the Doctor will wish he stayed out of all comic related battles since then though.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Imperator

@youmessinwithme: Or, you know, they miss him since, you know, the Doctor is a Time Lord and thus causes reality to conveniently fall into place into what he needs it to be. Or the fact that, diregarding that, he has shown the ability to slow down time before (episode Parting of Ways), has the TARDIS telepathic circuits mess with the heads of everyone he meets (the whole all languages sound like English thing, along with the episode Hand of Fear where we learn that the telepathic circuits suppress curiosity in people), and is an expert at hand to hand combat.

No.

the Doctor is shot in the arm causing him to drop the Screwdriver. making him just a normal man in a p-coat. one or several of the deranged sadistic criminals in arkam drag him into a sell, tie him up with a straight jacket and proceed to do things atat I shal not mention to the doctor.

the Doctor will wish he stayed out of all comic related battles since then though.

Nothing really, but why is he just blindly walking into Arkham? He has prep, since he knows whats going on before hand. We know he can use the TARDIS telepathic circuits, which he is always connected to, to work as a perception filter. He's not going to be noticed until he wants to be. There's also the fact that he's not adverse to using a gun (Three, Four, Two, and Five all used guns on multiple occasions). Using Third or Fourth Doctor, he sneaks his way in, sneaks through the place locking doors and such as he goes, and then uses a gun to pick off people as needed. Three was able to to shoot bullets out of the air, so the Doc is a fairly good shot. The sonic can also allow him to just lock the entire place down if he needs to, meaning people only run into people when he wants them to.

Also, thanks to his quantum manipulation as a Time Lord and telepathic circuits in the TARDIS, villains will monologue to him instead of killing him.

So no, the Doctor isn't stomped at all by the people in Arkham; I'm not saying he wins, I'm just saying it is not cut and dried in the villain's favor.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By youmessinwithme

@the_imperator said:

@youmessinwithme: Or, you know, they miss him since, you know, the Doctor is a Time Lord and thus causes reality to conveniently fall into place into what he needs it to be. Or the fact that, diregarding that, he has shown the ability to slow down time before (episode Parting of Ways), has the TARDIS telepathic circuits mess with the heads of everyone he meets (the whole all languages sound like English thing, along with the episode Hand of Fear where we learn that the telepathic circuits suppress curiosity in people), and is an expert at hand to hand combat.

@youmessinwithme said:

No.

Nothing really, but why is he just blindly walking into Arkham? He has prep, since he knows whats going on before hand. We know he can use the TARDIS telepathic circuits, which he is always connected to, to work as a perception filter. He's not going to be noticed until he wants to be. There's also the fact that he's not adverse to using a gun (Three, Four, Two, and Five all used guns on multiple occasions). Using Third or Fourth Doctor, he sneaks his way in, sneaks through the place locking doors and such as he goes, and then uses a gun to pick off people as needed. Three was able to to shoot bullets out of the air, so the Doc is a fairly good shot. The sonic can also allow him to just lock the entire place down if he needs to, meaning people only run into people when he wants them to.

Also, thanks to his quantum manipulation as a Time Lord and telepathic circuits in the TARDIS, villains will monologue to him instead of killing him.

So no, the Doctor isn't stomped at all by the people in Arkham; I'm not saying he wins, I'm just saying it is not cut and dried in the villain's favor.

only he doesn't have the tardis. he just gets the screwdriver like the description says. and he gets shot. and it doesn't say he gets prep either.

No tardis. read the description just the Screwdriver. (which according to it's description isn't nearly as effective as you claim). and most of the time the doctor has no superhuman attributes what so ever, least of all FTB reactions.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme: He doesn't need the TARDIs, he is inherently connected to it. OP says the TARDIS landed in Gotham. Ipso facto, he is still connected to it.

I specifically said Third Doctor, since OP said we could choose which Doctor to use. Three will shoot people, will be able to shoot bullets out of the air, etc. Also, he is fairly good with dismantling electronics and rebuilding them. On top of that, he does have prep, in that he gets to choose how gets into Arkham, so he can choose where he encounters people.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 106me

@youmessinwithme: The doctor stopped two full armies of daleks and cyber men with not even one day of prep. The Doctor takes a stroll in Arkham City without a scratch. Mismatch.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By youmessinwithme

@the_imperator:

Armed with only his sonic screwdriver, his martial arts skills, and his intelligence,

^from description.

I choose to use the 11th doctor. who seemingly is just a man(in a P-coat) and it says he's already arrived and rescued catwoman and it doesn't say he gets prep. so no prep.

11th doctor gets shot and didled in a cell.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_imperator:

Armed with only his sonic screwdriver, his martial arts skills, and his intelligence,

^from description.

I choose to use the 11th doctor. who seemingly is just a man(in a P-coat) and it says he's already arrived and rescued catwoman and it doesn't say he gets prep. so no prep.

And your point is? He doesn't have to have the TARDIS to use the telepathic circuits, he is connected with them all the time.

Prep... As in PLANNING HOW TO GET IN. Not prep as in building anything he wants, prep as in choosing how to get into Arkham.

11 is on average stronger and faster than the average human (The Lodger episode), and the sonic can jam guns. He's not going to get shot as well, because he can talk them down. According to the 9th Doctor (episode The Parting of the Ways), an alien studying the 7th Doctor (Timewyrm novels), and the 10th Doctor (Waters of Mars) Time Lords can implicitly see the future and react to it. That's how the Doctor gets people to talk to him, at least one of the ways. Events that would cause the people to monologue literally fall into place as needed. Sure, it probably won't give him the win in this battle, but he's not going to get instantly caught and die in a cell, at least not easily.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By youmessinwithme

@106me said:

@youmessinwithme: The doctor stopped two full armies of daleks and cyber men with not even one day of prep. The Doctor takes a stroll in Arkham City without a scratch. Mismatch.

Doctor gets No prep!!!!!!!!!!!! 0. So it doesn't matter what he can freaking do with prep. get it?

learn how to read. or at least don't reply to my comments.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme said:

@the_imperator:

^from description.

And your point is? He doesn't have to have the TARDIS to use the telepathic circuits, he is connected with them all the time.

Prep... As in PLANNING HOW TO GET IN. Not prep as in building anything he wants, prep as in choosing how to get into Arkham.

11 is on average stronger and faster than the average human (The Lodger episode), and the sonic can jam guns. He's not going to get shot as well, because he can talk them down. According to the 9th Doctor (episode The Parting of the Ways), an alien studying the 7th Doctor (Timewyrm novels), and the 10th Doctor (Waters of Mars) Time Lords can implicitly see the future and react to it. That's how the Doctor gets people to talk to him, at least one of the ways. Events that would cause the people to monologue literally fall into place as needed. Sure, it probably won't give him the win in this battle, but he's not going to get instantly caught and die in a cell, at least not easily.

being stronger than the average man isn't impressive. and it's not like he only has to defeat one thug. they're armed as well.

none of the thugs are going to stop and talk to him. that's just ridiculous. it isn't that strong it doesn't just mind control all opposition into not wanting to fight him. that's ridiculous.

and if you know so much about the sonic screwdriver you should update the page about it. because according to it's page, it can't do like any of the things you claim it can. and he gets shot.

choosing how he gets into arkam isn't going to help him.( he also does not no the layout of arkam and may have only one way in) and because it says he's armed with only those things. So i took it to mean he is only allowed to use those things. so NO tardis

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

being stronger than the average man isn't impressive. and it's not like he only has to defeat one thug. they're armed as well.

none of the thugs are going to stop and talk to him. that's just ridiculous. it isn't that strong it doesn't just mind control all opposition into not wanting to fight him. that's ridiculous.

and if you know so much about the sonic screwdriver you should update the page about it. because according to it's page, it can't do like any of the things you claim it can. and he gets shot.

choosing how he gets into arkam isn't going to help him.( he also does not no the layout of arkam and may have only one way in) and because it says he's armed with only those things. So i took it to mean he is only allowed to use those things. so NO tardis

I guess I shall concede them. We have no way to quantify the Doctor without the telepathic field, since he always has it with him. He probably can't do it, but he most definitely isn't getting shot, his quantum field manipulation is enough to deal with that http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/weakest-thing-person-faction-that-can-defeat-plot-doctor.235538/page-4#post-8648806 (run down of this ability to cause people to monologue and talk).

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme said:

I guess I shall concede them. We have no way to quantify the Doctor without the telepathic field, since he always has it with him. He probably can't do it, but he most definitely isn't getting shot, his quantum field manipulation is enough to deal with that http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/weakest-thing-person-faction-that-can-defeat-plot-doctor.235538/page-4#post-8648806 (run down of this ability to cause people to monologue and talk).

according to the write up of the sonic screwdriver on this site he gets shot. But like I said you should update the page if this isn't true.

and also it isn't straight up mind control from what i've gathered and doesn't completely stop all the thugs from trying to endanger him. so he's going to be in a lot of danger.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme: No, it doesn't completely save him, I said that. But it does allow him to at least get people to talk not shoot first.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme: No, it doesn't completely save him, I said that. But it does allow him to at least get people to talk not shoot first.

so if a sniper has him in his site the sniper will always give away his position by trying to yell at the doctor and make dialogue with him?

doubtful.

either the Doctors powers don't quite work the way you say, which the write ups seem to say.

or the doctor is a retarded character with a retarded power and shouldn't be used in the battle forum anyway.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Imperator

@youmessinwithme: REtarded power, and always tends to hold back. Oh, and as the write up says, little things will go wrong. Dust in their eye, hits a non-vital organ, etc. He's not a good character to ever use in battles, because he either gets stomped or is stomped.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By youmessinwithme

@youmessinwithme: REtarded power, and always tends to hold back. Oh, and as the write up says, little things will go wrong. Dust in their eye, hits a non-vital organ, etc. He's not a good character to ever use in battles, because he either gets stomped or is stomped.

yeah based on the article on the time lords powers it doesn't say anything about that.

and it doesn't say his mental powers are strong enough to do what you're saying.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sabbath shrugged graciously. "You know, Doctor, even allowing for the, ah, unique circumstances of your last near-death experience, it's extraordinary how often you're plucked out of trouble at the last minute."

"Is it?"

"Rescuers turn up. Weapons jam. Your companions, who, if you will forgive me, don't strike me as more than usually competent, save the day. Buildings explode immediately after you find the way out. Cities fall just as the TARDIS dematerialises."

"Exaggerated reports, I assure you."

"Electrical currents short-circuit. Evil masterminds make foolish errors. If you fall out of a window, there's something to catch you. If you're drowning, a spar floats by. You find your way unsinged out of burning houses."

"Where do you get all this stuff? I don't remember half of it."

"You survive alien mind probes that would boil the average brain in it's skull. You are dug unharmed from beneath fallen rubble. No one ever shoots you in the head. Deadly drugs turn out not to affect you. Villains tie you up too loosely, and hide-bound tyrants convictions falter at your rhetoric. In short," Sabbath finished smoothly, "in your presence, the odds collapse."

This speaks for itself. And considering Sabbath directly experienced much of that after taking the Doctor's Time Lord abilities, this isn't exaggeration.

He smiled again, but it was a sad kind of smile this time. "Lets just say I'm a doctor of history."

She smirked, in a way exactly calculated to inform people when they are being pretentious. "You mean you study it."

"I mean I make it better." And he held her look. Funny thing about those eyes....

For a giddy, plunging moment she believed him. She knew he really needed the book, knew that she could trust him absolutely, knew that lives hung in the balance and only this improbable-looking music-hall reject could make a difference. She found herself reaching to punch in the authorization codes and the complex protocols that would pluck the book from it's shelf half a world away, suck it through a HyperTube, and thump it down on the desk in front of her. As her fingers flickered over the sensor pad, she only hoped it wasn't too late, prayed she hadn't cost this strange little man too much time....

Continuing on in the story, the woman actually reveals that she doesn't even know what a music-hall is, but she somehow thought it.

Now, the viral creature was attempting to see the datascape as the Doctor saw it, constructing the area as a two-dimensional map, a simple pattern. This Time Lord, it decided, must have a real gift for approximation. The datascape extended into time as well as space, and the wetware (a human term meaning biological computer hardware - the Wyrm had liked the sound) it was housed in was threaded with symbiotic nuclei. These had defied analysis, a fact that, considering the Timewyrms resources, was equally astonishing. They were, as far as the being could fathom, atomic nuclei that somehow acted in an intelligent manner, coordinating the host's nervous system on a hyperspatial level.

The host, the Timewyrm was beginning to realize, was a lot more than a simple intelligence. The mere concept of memory in such a being was complex. Memories of the future, of alternate possibilities of tachyon-based fictional universes - there was the potential to access them all.

Basically he can see the future and react to it (9th Doctor and 10th Doctor both stated this as well in the show).

It's the reason the Daleks don't incinerate him on site. It's the reason why thugs don't kill him immediately when he interferes with their plans. Not unbeatable, but against generic human thugs, enough to save him from being shot on site. Without prep, not enough to win, but enough to keep himself from being killed instantly.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

senerio one: the doctor handles this like he usal does he goes in finds thee problem and poaks it with a stick. in this case he has an advatage in that he has no prior history with the villans ( he can get info mation by speed reading some local data) for self defses what people foreget is the that the sonic is badass it works as a non leatal deterent ( sonic attack) jams guns, unlocks doors hacks systems and fiunctions as a freaking force shield!( rings of arkeraion) now he will have to play to his stregths which are in this case runing and fixing problems.

all he has to do is discover the plot by both strange and joker. strage can be found out preety easily by the doctor and the Jkers plan revolves around batman so i have no idea how this plays out

round 2: doctor +prep+ array of gadgets = he stomps epicly

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, didn't see scenario 2. He stomps in that one.

Avatar image for thesacredonewithin
TheSacredOneWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if batman can survive in gotham city, anyone can. this a stroll in the park for the doctor

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_alchemist: The Doctor should take this handily he plans his entrance and if anything goes wrong he stalls and thinks on the spot like he always does he makes everything go to plan,a plan which is usually made up as he goes along, and always pulls it of of course he can do this.

Is this bonus meant to be more difficult because quiet frankly it's a huge stomp the Doctor has consistently taken entire army's of alien invaders in less time than that let alone prep time.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Doctor can actually regenerate without using up a full regeneration, so shooting him (even in the face) isn't as deadly as people here are assuming. This was revealed during the Day that Never Was when they were discussing how to kill the Master. Considering the Master shouldn't have any regeneration cycles left, it's safe to assume that he can regenerate bits at a time.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme: So what? You're missing the point, the Doctor is a master of on the fly situations. He won't even need prep for this. YOU are underestimating the Doctor.

Don't make "spite" threads to shoot down a character. It's a horrible way to prove your point. Go hate the Doctor somewhere else.

Also, learn to spell.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NeonGameWave

The Doctor will do a better job than Batman and with Batman to arrive back within the aftermath he will be surprised on how fast the City was cleaned up.

The_Replicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Third Doctor would get through this fairly easily. So would the Fourth. All Four would have to do is hand out jellybabies and he could build up a small army based on how good they taste.