• 63 results
#1 Edited by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio
The Demogorge
Galactus

The Demogorge vs Galactus

-Demogorge has already consumed many elder gods (he is the Demogorge seen in the image)

-Galactus is well fed

-They begin 200 meters apart

-The fight takes place on an uninhabited Earth

#2 Edited by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd assume the Demogorge takes this, I'm not sure how difficult it will be though. Elder gods and cosmic beings don't seem to clash very often, so I have few easy points of comparison.

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

Demogorge I think

#4 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

might as well bump

#5 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus ftw. Being well fed, his powers are greater in power level and scope.

#6 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

A fully fed Galactus only has 1 shot at out a Demogorge that had absorbed all the Elder Gods including 1 of the Vishanti.

#7 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Galactus have any classic feats vs Elder Gods?

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus.

#9 Edited by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone give any evidence?

Galactus's feats and losses are all over the place since so many different writers have handed him over the years, I know. But Demogorge has more easily contained feats (meaning less all over the place)...and they're good feats.

#10 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

Can anyone give any evidence?

Galactus's feats and losses are all over the place since so many different writers have handed him over the years, I know. But Demogorge has more easily contained feats (meaning less all over the place)...and they're good feats.

Thats my point

#11 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump 'n' Jump

#12 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

bu,p

#13 Posted by Saren (25241 posts) - - Show Bio

The Demogorge was killed recently. By Thor of all people.

#14 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

really? What issue if you can recall?

That really sounds dumb to me, he is literally the god killer, its his job to take out Skyfathers and Gods of the like. Thor defeating him shouldn't have happened unless he was maybe in a weak state? I can't see that happening unless something was up...er...makes no sense to the character lol. Demo could wreck Odin, Zeus, Ra and all the other god like beings on that level including galactus with ease. I mean...thats what he did lol...

#15 Posted by Saren (25241 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

@CitizenBane said:

That really sounds dumb to me, he is literally the god killer, its his job to take out Skyfathers and Gods of the like. Thor defeating him shouldn't have happened unless he was maybe in a weak state? I can't see that happening unless something was up...er...makes no sense to the character lol. Demo could wreck Odin, Zeus, Ra and all the other god like beings on that level including galactus with ease. I mean...thats what he did lol...

The Mighty Thor #12.

He kills the God-Eater by beating his heart with a magic hammer. I don't even...

#16 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

The Mighty Thor #12. He kills the God-Eater by beating his heart with a magic hammer. I don't even...

Well the OP does say:

Demogorge has already consumed many elder gods (he is the Demogorge seen in the image)

Fraction has completely re-purposed the him into a being that eats forgotten gods. The guy Thor fought was feat less,

#17 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus, easily.

#18 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@P0rtal said:

@CitizenBane said:

The Mighty Thor #12.

He kills the God-Eater by beating his heart with a magic hammer. I don't even...

Oh yeah I called bull on that.

#19 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Demogorge, only because Galactus is wearing a skirt in that picture.

#20 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: Yeah, I wasn't aware that Demogorge was retconned to be weak enough to lose to Thor, but as you already said, I'm referring to Demogorge as envisioned by the character's original creators, not the modern Demogorge.

I feel like everyone has their own idea of a well-fed Galactus' strength, so I didn't bother specifying any particular version of him.

#21 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin and Zeus are just as powerful as the Egyptian god that Demo ate with ease. Galactus is NOT more powerful than Odin, I can safely assume they are equals. Its demz job to eat them. That newer thor comic is rubbish, the other links to the older ones are exactly how I remember it.

Galactus literally stands no chance.

#22 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal: @CitizenBane said:

Well it's different, because you have a weapon that has hurt skyfathers, and abstracts, hitting your heart. That should mean something even for the Demorgorge.

#23 Posted by Saren (25241 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

Odin and Zeus are just as powerful as the Egyptian god that Demo ate with ease. Galactus is NOT more powerful than Odin, I can safely assume they are equals. Its demz job to eat them. That newer thor comic is rubbish, the other links to the older ones are exactly how I remember it.

Odin has fought Galactus and lost. Thusly, they're not equals.

#24 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal: If both characters are written with their average strengths represented (meaning not written by writers who don't know about the characters), Odin loses big to Galactus. But I agree that alot of those elder gods Demogorge is eating are high-high level guys, he's just making it look easy.

#25 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Im going with Demo

#26 Posted by Ohgawd (128 posts) - - Show Bio

@RiseofApocalypse said:

Galactus, easily.

#27 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@P0rtal said:

I call BS on that. Where did Galactus beat Odin? Their only physical encounter as I recall ended with both of them double knocked out with Galactus literally smoking as he fell backwards.

#28 Posted by Saren (25241 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

@CitizenBane said:

@P0rtal said:

I call BS on that. Where did Galactus beat Odin? Their only physical encounter as I recall ended with both of them double knocked out with Galactus literally smoking as he fell backwards.

It was that same encounter. Odin headbutted Galactus, they both fell to Earth. Galan got back up. Odin didn't.

#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (14451 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Thor defeated him so easily,this won't be hard for Galactus to destroy the Demogorge in seconds.

#30 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@P0rtal said:

@CitizenBane said:

@P0rtal said:

It was that same encounter. Odin headbutted Galactus, they both fell to Earth. Galan got back up. Odin didn't.

Nope, still BS. Thors Hammer strike is enough to tag Galactus and bust his face up.

#31 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus and Odin, falling like LIMP WET NOODLES TOGETHER, Galactus in total ruin, charred and smoking. This scan immediately after the headbutt. Thor busted Galactus right in the face and seemed to do serious damage right before all that. After they landed on the ground, Odin was awake, Galactus was out cold with his eyes still closed. Galactus got back up and reformed himself, Odin took a little bit longer and eventually got up and walked away with Thor, looking just fine as he sat down on his throne outside watching. Demogorge eats skyfathers for breakfast with no effort, he would tear Galactus a new one and never think twice if Odin and Thor are capable of doing that to Galactus.

Odin saying he couldn't beat Galactus, so he called in the Destroyer to help. Odin and Galactus are equals, they could not destroy each other. Demogorge getting killed by Thor is the dumbest thing I've read since Superman being stripped of his powers. Odin walked away and looked well sitting on a chair outside watching galactus leave.

#32 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal: The thing is, there are too many Marvel writers that don't understand where the characters they are writing for fit in the hierarchy. In a story arc that's over 30 years old, Odin funneled the power of all Asgardians into the destroyer armor, got in it, and still had no chance against even a single Celestial. But a few months ago, some writer decided to make Galactus strong enough to rip Celestials in half and blast them to dust, and you have scans of Galactus getting hurt pretty bad by a regular Odin, so there's really not much continuity for alot of these characters, especially in newer comics.

I think the best thing to do is sort of guess of both characters average strength based on what you've seen, and take your best guess and not get hung up about something a newer writer established that ruins the continuity...although that's easier said than done since it's all supposed to be cannon.

#33 Posted by WarBlade539 (4464 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus. Would be a good match though. They are gonna destroy multiple planets as an aftermath of this match.

#34 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: Yeah, I agree it should be a good fight, but I'd lean towards Demogorge alittle. I feel like Mephisto would at least be able to hurt Galactus alittle (but of course still lose to him), while Mephisto and dozens of other (maybe stronger) elder gods look have literally no chance against Demogorge. Although, you could argue that this was when the elder gods were weakest, before they received extra power from worship etc, like Chthon supposedly did.

#35 Posted by WarBlade539 (4464 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman: That's true. But since, The Surfer has been known to defeat powerful cosmic entities like two of The Proemial Gods, don't you think Galactus can take on Demogorge? How strong is Demogorge anyway, as compared to The Celestials?

#36 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

@P0rtal: The thing is, there are too many Marvel writers that don't understand where the characters they are writing for fit in the hierarchy. In a story arc that's over 30 years old, Odin funneled the power of all Asgardians into the destroyer armor, got in it, and still had no chance against even a single Celestial. But a few months ago, some writer decided to make Galactus strong enough to rip Celestials in half and blast them to dust, and you have scans of Galactus getting hurt pretty bad by a regular Odin, so there's really not much continuity for alot of these characters, especially in newer comics.

I think the best thing to do is sort of guess of both characters average strength based on what you've seen, and take your best guess and not get hung up about something a newer writer established that ruins the continuity...although that's easier said than done since it's all supposed to be cannon.

Odin fought against 8 of them, not against one, if you are fighting against 8 dudes and each is strong as you, do you think you could take some of them?

#37 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: There were actually 9 Celestials, but I don't think they all "fought" Odin, think they all pretty much just stood there and did nothing since the gods were no real threat, although I can't find many scans of Odin fighting in the destroyer armor. Odin had no chance against even one Celestial, are you implying that Odin is as strong as a Celestial?

I know Thor tried to fight multiple Celestials, but neither him nor Odin succeeded in doing much to any of them.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13573/1935599-celestials_odin_zeus_vishnu_1_super_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6955/959674-odin_zeus_vishnu_2_super.jpg

Here we have Odin attacking one Celestial, seeing his attack be completely ineffective, and then backing down when Arishem shows the gods that he can irreparably destroy the gateways to all their dimensions (that attack had the added power of Vishnu and Zeus funneled into it by the way). I don't see anything that shows that the Celestial's numbers had anything to do with the outcome or that Odin and the other gods had any chance of significantly harming any Celestials. Here are some more scans that may also relevant to the thread.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsCelestials03.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7862/thorv1300page24.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2517/mephistothor1qx0.jpg

#38 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

@BigCimmerian: There were actually 9 Celestials, but I don't think they all "fought" Odin, think they all pretty much just stood there and did nothing since the gods were no real threat, although I can't find many scans of Odin fighting in the destroyer armor. Odin had no chance against even one Celestial, are you implying that Odin is as strong as a Celestial?

I know Thor tried to fight multiple Celestials, but neither him nor Odin succeeded in doing much to any of them.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13573/1935599-celestials_odin_zeus_vishnu_1_super_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6955/959674-odin_zeus_vishnu_2_super.jpg

Here we have Odin attacking one Celestial, seeing his attack be completely ineffective, and then backing down when Arishem shows the gods that he can irreparably destroy the gateways to all their dimensions (that attack had the added power of Vishnu and Zeus funneled into it by the way). I don't see anything that shows that the Celestial's numbers had anything to do with the outcome or that Odin and the other gods had any chance of significantly harming any Celestials. Here are some more scans that may also relevant to the thread.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsCelestials03.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7862/thorv1300page24.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2517/mephistothor1qx0.jpg

But Arishem is the most powerful celestial, he is even above Galactus, my personal opinion is that Odin=one average celestial

#39 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: Arishem may be the toughest of the 4th Host, but TOAA is stronger than him, newer conceived Celestials like Exitar the Exterminator are stronger than him, and then ofcourse there are guys like Scathan in other dimensions (if you even consider that cannon).

Why exactly do you think Arishem's stronger than Galactus?

#40 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#41 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

@BigCimmerian: Arishem may be the toughest of the 4th Host, but TOAA is stronger than him, newer conceived Celestials like Exitar the Exterminator are stronger than him, and then ofcourse there are guys like Scathan in other dimensions (if you even consider that cannon).

I already made a point about thsi I think

OAA is possibly the second strongest Celestial only to Tiamut who is equal to Jack Kirby

OAA however is inept because he has human emotions, when Thor trashed Gilgamesh OAA thought that Thor was going to kill him regardless of the fact that one is the king of Celestials and the other is Thor (no amp)

Exitar is one of the toghest celestials but is currently destroyed

#42 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

If a normal Thor can kill Demogorge, Im sure Galactus can too.

#43 Edited by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

Because Galactus was hurt by Thor and Arishem has taken the combined blast from 3 most powerful skyfathers without moving

#44 Posted by jashro44 (19228 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@fondofpacman said:

Because Galactus was hurt by Thor and Arishem has taken the combined blast from 3 most powerful skyfathers without moving

That was a starving galactus.......

#45 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThatThorFan said:

If a normal Thor can kill Demogorge, Im sure Galactus can too.

bull look on page one of old school demo

#46 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

Except you know Galactus beat Odin in a one on one fight.

@P0rtal said:

Nope, still BS. Thors Hammer strike is enough to tag Galactus and bust his face up.

Besides pointing out that hammer can hurt abstracts, the entire reason Thor could do that was because Odin was mentally fighting Galactus. The page right after he continues besting Odin in that mental one on one duel, so the hit didn't even phase him.

@P0rtal said:

Galactus and Odin, falling like LIMP WET NOODLES TOGETHER, Galactus in total ruin, charred and smoking. This scan immediately after the headbutt. Thor busted Galactus right in the face and seemed to do serious damage right before all that. After they landed on the ground, Odin was awake, Galactus was out cold with his eyes still closed. Galactus got back up and reformed himself, Odin took a little bit longer and eventually got up and walked away with Thor, looking just fine as he sat down on his throne outside watching. Demogorge eats skyfathers for breakfast with no effort, he would tear Galactus a new one and never think twice if Odin and Thor are capable of doing that to Galactus.

Odin saying he couldn't beat Galactus, so he called in the Destroyer to help. Odin and Galactus are equals, they could not destroy each other. Demogorge getting killed by Thor is the dumbest thing I've read since Superman being stripped of his powers. Odin walked away and looked well sitting on a chair outside watching galactus leave.

Galactus wasn't out cold he was hurt. Which is a phenomenal feat for Odin, that was if he didn't use all his power to pull it off. Odin had one last go to hit Galactus with everything he had and it fizzled. He then resorted to immediately going into the Destroyer and taking Mjolnir straight out of Thor's hand. How was Galactus out could? His eyes looked exactly the same throughout the book, white and barely open. He was awake, likely collecting himself after the hit. Smoke isn't purple, that is Galactus, he isn't physical being under that armor. He reformed none worse for wear and was prepped to fight the Destroyer Odin without hesitation. Odin literally had everything going for him that fight and still lost.

Regardless, that wasn't even a well fed Galactus. He was drooling prior to coming to Earth and even tried diplomacy first. Now the guy that took on 4 Celestials, after devouring 5 planets, that was well fed. Odin's run in with the Celestials weren't so good. Even Chaos War, Galactus was shocked Zeus was still standing after the blast he hit him with, same blast had Chaos War Herc shouting in pain.

#47 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

What's stronger, four crazy Celestials that planned to take over the multiverse and adult Franklin Richards(albeit down to three at that point) amped with mastery over his powers couldn't beat or Odin, Zeus and that other guy?

#48 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212: Galactus wins buddy. Sorry. If Thor can beat him, just think of what G can do.

#49 Edited by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was inside Demogorge and was hitting him in the freaking heart, that's PIS if I've ever seen it. I can't believe I need to say this, but Thor is not on Galactus' level, nor is he on the level of someone who has can easily kill elder gods, like Mephisto and Chthon, en-mass.

There's many inconsistent feats with classic characters--Odin, Thor, and Galactus, in particular, have been handled for years by many different writers, several of whom, to be honest, knew less about the characters than we do, and because of that you end up with such inconsistencies. Galactus's fluctuations in power can at least be explained alittle; he can go from being a push over when he's starving to being stronger than most Celestials when well fed (or so I'm led to believe from recent FF scans). IMO, if you want to gage a character's strength, it's best to just take the newer comics with a grain of salt and look back to more classic comics for most of your info, at least with classics the characters are handled by writers who worked with or knew the people who created them...if not the writers who actually created the characters.

Anyway, here are scans of Mephisto fighting both characters. Both fights end prematurely, but MEphisto seems to be holding his own better in the Galactus battle (supposedly Galactus was well fed there too, but the fight takes place in Meph's realm)...doesn't prove anything, but it's food for thought. If Mephisto is even 1/10 Galactus' strength, I'd say Demo could be above him since he looks to have absorbed way more than 10 elder gods in the various scans.

Just because Galactus is a Cosmic Entity and a necessary component of the universe doesn't make him an abstract, I think that word's reserved for characters who literally are actual abstract concepts, like Death. And I didn't read that FF story arc, but I think that if Celestials were planning on taking over the multiverse, then they weren't legit Celestials, at least not like the ones from the 4th Host.

@daak1212: Wait, TOAA was afraid of Thor? That makes as much sense as Galactus being afraid of Captain America. I don't really like the idea of having the Celestials ranked in strength, although they're all unbelievably strong, they're not really a species that's about raw power, I remember the old 90's Marvel Masterprints trading cards listed all their stats as "Non-Applicable".

#50 Edited by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman: Your right. Coming from a Thor fan, I secretly know that that is PIS and dont want to admit it XD

Thor has had multiple different writers, I understand that. Being a true fan of Thor, I know when they make him seem much more powerful than he truly is (just Thor, not Rune King). I know that Demo would not compare to Thor in multiple cases. Big G at his most powerful could take down Demo in my opinion. But on a normal occasion I have to say Demo 6/10.