• 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay the battle takes place in the Grand Canyon at night. So who wins and like always please describe the battle and how it would play out.

#2 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#3 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
SeanAKAMisery said:
please describe the battle and how it would play out.
"
Wonder Woman Dies :P

Seriously though, I'll make a case for Darkness later
#4 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"SeanAKAMisery said:
please describe the battle and how it would play out.
"
Wonder Woman Dies :P

Seriously though, I'll make a case for Darkness later"
Lol I think it would be a good fight, but I do agree I think she bites the dust this time.
#5 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont think Wonder Woman can handle The Darkness...
#6 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I dont think Wonder Woman can handle The Darkness..."

i think she can, maybe
#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

The darkness

#8 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Once Night Time comes... The Darkness has this fight here... there isnt much Diana could do to stop The Darkness Constructs that he could create at Night...
#9 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

...........yeah darkness lol

#10 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

Darkness really isn't that powerful.  He's great if the other guys are just mobsters but against people as powerful as Angelous and Witchblade, he's not so hot.  Considering Wonder Woman far outclasses both Witchblade and Angelous in almost every department, I don't see how Jackie is supposed to win.

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Was wondering if anyone would support Diana. No one really said what Jackie would do, just that he'd win.

Moderator
#12 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkness at night is prety much godly when you think about it. All he needs is Darkness to create the constructs and creatures that he does, and with this fight taking place at night, I see no way of Diana taking the win. The tiara should'nt be that hard to avoid, (seeing how he could have a Darkling take the hit or something). Honestly, The Lasso seems like it would be a huge problem for Jackie.

I dunno, I wanna' say Darkness but I'm kinda stumped.

#13 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Wonder Woman.

Darkness really isn't that powerful.  He's great if the other guys are just mobsters but against people as powerful as Angelous and Witchblade, he's not so hot.  Considering Wonder Woman far outclasses both Witchblade and Angelous in almost every department, I don't see how Jackie is supposed to win."
Darkness is indeed powerful... just because the average comp he has isnt always up to par doesnt mean Diana can just punch his head off... once the Night Falls... Jackie will be able to create whatever constructs he needs through The Darkness... and last time I looked Wonder Woman didnt do well against someone who can create constructs... ( hint, hint Green Lantern )... though Wonder Woman may have the direct speed advantage... Jackie could create use things to distract her like Darklings and possible subdue her using Darkness Constructs...
#14 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Was wondering if anyone would support Diana. No one really said what Jackie would do, just that he'd win.
"
Wasn't he able to beat Superman?  I don't know I didn't read it.
#15 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

darkness will win.

When night comes he has so many powers and basically can create anything that there is no way wonder woman could last.

#16 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"Wonder Woman.

Darkness really isn't that powerful.  He's great if the other guys are just mobsters but against people as powerful as Angelous and Witchblade, he's not so hot.  Considering Wonder Woman far outclasses both Witchblade and Angelous in almost every department, I don't see how Jackie is supposed to win."
Darkness is indeed powerful... just because the average comp he has isnt always up to par doesnt mean Diana can just punch his head off... once the Night Falls... Jackie will be able to create whatever constructs he needs through The Darkness... and last time I looked Wonder Woman didnt do well against someone who can create constructs... ( hint, hint Green Lantern )... though Wonder Woman may have the direct speed advantage... Jackie could create use things to distract her like Darklings and possible subdue her using Darkness Constructs..."
Darkness' constructs are not half as powerful as Green Lantern's constructs.

Witchblade destroyed his little Darklings in one shot.  Witchblade is cool and all but Wonder Woman hits hella harder than her.

This would be a lot like Wonder Woman fighting a rookie GL and punching Jakie's head off is exactly what I see happening.  Angelus floored Darkness in one blow and Angelus isn't as strong or as fast as Wonder Woman.

I really have no idea where you guys are getting the idea that Darkness is as powerful as you all seem to think he is.
#17 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I was around when the witchblade, darkness and angelus even the Magdalena character is created by Top Cow and how they are still playing on. I would have to say the first 3 i mentioned are leaning on god-like powers but is limited only by their hosts' own imagination. The Darkness is now being presented as two entities, the host and the darkness force itself which the darkness force is more superior than its mortal counterpart.

As strong as the Darkness is, I do not think he can survive Wonder Woman in terms of fighting skill and speed. I do not really know how he will react to her Magical Lasso but I see her pulling this guy out from the scene and into the heavens...even throwing him to the sun. Diana is a product of THE GODS and I do not see her just giving in on this kind of fight. Her powers are magical based as to that of the Darkness, so I see a good fight here.

If I am right, WonderWoman became of the host of the Witchblade in the JLA/Witchblade crossover. But thats another issue, i guess.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Buckshot said:
"Was wondering if anyone would support Diana. No one really said what Jackie would do, just that he'd win.
"
Wasn't he able to beat Superman?  I don't know I didn't read it.
"
I could have sworn I heard the same thing.
Moderator
#19 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"Wonder Woman.

Darkness really isn't that powerful.  He's great if the other guys are just mobsters but against people as powerful as Angelous and Witchblade, he's not so hot.  Considering Wonder Woman far outclasses both Witchblade and Angelous in almost every department, I don't see how Jackie is supposed to win."
Darkness is indeed powerful... just because the average comp he has isnt always up to par doesnt mean Diana can just punch his head off... once the Night Falls... Jackie will be able to create whatever constructs he needs through The Darkness... and last time I looked Wonder Woman didnt do well against someone who can create constructs... ( hint, hint Green Lantern )... though Wonder Woman may have the direct speed advantage... Jackie could create use things to distract her like Darklings and possible subdue her using Darkness Constructs..."
Darkness' constructs are not half as powerful as Green Lantern's constructs.

Witchblade destroyed his little Darklings in one shot.  Witchblade is cool and all but Wonder Woman hits hella harder than her.

This would be a lot like Wonder Woman fighting a rookie GL and punching Jakie's head off is exactly what I see happening.  Angelus floored Darkness in one blow and Angelus isn't as strong or as fast as Wonder Woman.

I really have no idea where you guys are getting the idea that Darkness is as powerful as you all seem to think he is."
So the Darkness had a low showing in a comic against Witchblade... big deal. The Darkness was able to hold his own against Superman before in a comic... and just because he had a low showing against an inferior character does not mean he is weak... Spawn has had low showings before against characters like Batman... does that mean Spawn is weak too ? Naw... its just an issue of writing. And on another tip the Green Lantern who beat Wonder Woman wasnt a high experienced one... and how do you know how powerful Darkness constructs are to an average Green Lantern's ? 
#20 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Buckshot said:
"Was wondering if anyone would support Diana. No one really said what Jackie would do, just that he'd win.
"
Wasn't he able to beat Superman?  I don't know I didn't read it.
"
Other than the fact that it happened in a normal comic, not a situation where they really let the characters go full throttle, Superman is weak against magic and The Darkness is sorta magical.
Moderator
#21 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Nobody said:
"Buckshot said:
"Was wondering if anyone would support Diana. No one really said what Jackie would do, just that he'd win.
"
Wasn't he able to beat Superman?  I don't know I didn't read it.
"
Other than the fact that it happened in a normal comic, not a situation where they really let the characters go full throttle, Superman is weak against magic and The Darkness is sorta magical.
"
Thats a good point.
#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna back Wonder Woman here....

*Starts to realize that he's been supporting Wonder Woman a lot lately*

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"I'm gonna back Wonder Woman here....

*Starts to realize that he's been supporting Wonder Woman a lot lately*
"
I don't blame you for supporting Diana.People keep making all these mismatches and actually saying the other guy can win.People have no respect for the Princess.
Moderator
#24 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I don't blame you for supporting Diana.People keep making all these mismatches and actually saying the other guy can win.People have no respect for the Princess."

I'm beginning to think it's because she's a woman.... Don't you think?
#25 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Wonder Woman gets respect in the battle threads... I just think she will lose this fight here
#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't blame you for supporting Diana.People keep making all these mismatches and actually saying the other guy can win.People have no respect for the Princess."

I'm beginning to think it's because she's a woman.... Don't you think?
"
That's how it seems.This is the first thread where people used at least a little logic instead of saying anything that came to mind.The arguments in other threads were so desperate and weak.
Moderator
#27 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Something that I wasnt thinking about till now was Diana's Magical Weapons... they maybe able to actually really hurt The Darkness here... may have to rethink this fight
#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Wonder Woman gets respect in the battle threads..."
She doesn't seem to get enough. Remember the thread with her and Android 18? Or the one with her and Sentry? Or the one with her and Ghost Rider?
#29 Posted by Scarlet Spider. (654 posts) - - Show Bio

are we saying the darkness as in the guy who controls it and everything or just the powers themselves

#30 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"King Saturn said:
"Wonder Woman gets respect in the battle threads..."
She doesn't seem to get enough. Remember the thread with her and Android 18? Or the one with her and Sentry? Or the one with her and Ghost Rider?
"
Yeah. I remember when I made the Android 18 thread... that did shock the hell out of me... and the Ghost Rider thread was wild too

Yeah I think you have a point there Static
#31 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"Wonder Woman.

Darkness really isn't that powerful.  He's great if the other guys are just mobsters but against people as powerful as Angelous and Witchblade, he's not so hot.  Considering Wonder Woman far outclasses both Witchblade and Angelous in almost every department, I don't see how Jackie is supposed to win."
Darkness is indeed powerful... just because the average comp he has isnt always up to par doesnt mean Diana can just punch his head off... once the Night Falls... Jackie will be able to create whatever constructs he needs through The Darkness... and last time I looked Wonder Woman didnt do well against someone who can create constructs... ( hint, hint Green Lantern )... though Wonder Woman may have the direct speed advantage... Jackie could create use things to distract her like Darklings and possible subdue her using Darkness Constructs..."
Darkness' constructs are not half as powerful as Green Lantern's constructs.

Witchblade destroyed his little Darklings in one shot.  Witchblade is cool and all but Wonder Woman hits hella harder than her.

This would be a lot like Wonder Woman fighting a rookie GL and punching Jakie's head off is exactly what I see happening.  Angelus floored Darkness in one blow and Angelus isn't as strong or as fast as Wonder Woman.

I really have no idea where you guys are getting the idea that Darkness is as powerful as you all seem to think he is."
So the Darkness had a low showing in a comic against Witchblade... big deal. The Darkness was able to hold his own against Superman before in a comic... and just because he had a low showing against an inferior character does not mean he is weak... Spawn has had low showings before against characters like Batman... does that mean Spawn is weak too ? Naw... its just an issue of writing. And on another tip the Green Lantern who beat Wonder Woman wasnt a high experienced one... and how do you know how powerful Darkness constructs are to an average Green Lantern's ? "

And yet, I seriously doubt Darkness vs Superman and Batman vs Spawn are any more in continuity than Wonder Woman vs Juggernaut or Storm.

You're calling Witchblade a low showing?  Gimmie a high showing.  Name one character that Darkness has beaten that is as powerful as Wonder Woman.
#32 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"Wonder Woman.

Darkness really isn't that powerful.  He's great if the other guys are just mobsters but against people as powerful as Angelous and Witchblade, he's not so hot.  Considering Wonder Woman far outclasses both Witchblade and Angelous in almost every department, I don't see how Jackie is supposed to win."
Darkness is indeed powerful... just because the average comp he has isnt always up to par doesnt mean Diana can just punch his head off... once the Night Falls... Jackie will be able to create whatever constructs he needs through The Darkness... and last time I looked Wonder Woman didnt do well against someone who can create constructs... ( hint, hint Green Lantern )... though Wonder Woman may have the direct speed advantage... Jackie could create use things to distract her like Darklings and possible subdue her using Darkness Constructs..."
Darkness' constructs are not half as powerful as Green Lantern's constructs.

Witchblade destroyed his little Darklings in one shot.  Witchblade is cool and all but Wonder Woman hits hella harder than her.

This would be a lot like Wonder Woman fighting a rookie GL and punching Jakie's head off is exactly what I see happening.  Angelus floored Darkness in one blow and Angelus isn't as strong or as fast as Wonder Woman.

I really have no idea where you guys are getting the idea that Darkness is as powerful as you all seem to think he is."
So the Darkness had a low showing in a comic against Witchblade... big deal. The Darkness was able to hold his own against Superman before in a comic... and just because he had a low showing against an inferior character does not mean he is weak... Spawn has had low showings before against characters like Batman... does that mean Spawn is weak too ? Naw... its just an issue of writing. And on another tip the Green Lantern who beat Wonder Woman wasnt a high experienced one... and how do you know how powerful Darkness constructs are to an average Green Lantern's ? "

And yet, I seriously doubt Darkness vs Superman and Batman vs Spawn are any more in continuity than Wonder Woman vs Juggernaut or Storm.

You're calling Witchblade a low showing?  Gimmie a high showing.  Name one character that Darkness has beaten that is as powerful as Wonder Woman."
Superman is the character I was using here as the example of someone that Darkness was able to handle that was as powerful as Diana... 
#33 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana, dont EVER underestimate her lasso.

#34 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"Wonder Woman.

Darkness really isn't that powerful.  He's great if the other guys are just mobsters but against people as powerful as Angelous and Witchblade, he's not so hot.  Considering Wonder Woman far outclasses both Witchblade and Angelous in almost every department, I don't see how Jackie is supposed to win."
Darkness is indeed powerful... just because the average comp he has isnt always up to par doesnt mean Diana can just punch his head off... once the Night Falls... Jackie will be able to create whatever constructs he needs through The Darkness... and last time I looked Wonder Woman didnt do well against someone who can create constructs... ( hint, hint Green Lantern )... though Wonder Woman may have the direct speed advantage... Jackie could create use things to distract her like Darklings and possible subdue her using Darkness Constructs..."
Darkness' constructs are not half as powerful as Green Lantern's constructs.

Witchblade destroyed his little Darklings in one shot.  Witchblade is cool and all but Wonder Woman hits hella harder than her.

This would be a lot like Wonder Woman fighting a rookie GL and punching Jakie's head off is exactly what I see happening.  Angelus floored Darkness in one blow and Angelus isn't as strong or as fast as Wonder Woman.

I really have no idea where you guys are getting the idea that Darkness is as powerful as you all seem to think he is."
So the Darkness had a low showing in a comic against Witchblade... big deal. The Darkness was able to hold his own against Superman before in a comic... and just because he had a low showing against an inferior character does not mean he is weak... Spawn has had low showings before against characters like Batman... does that mean Spawn is weak too ? Naw... its just an issue of writing. And on another tip the Green Lantern who beat Wonder Woman wasnt a high experienced one... and how do you know how powerful Darkness constructs are to an average Green Lantern's ? "

And yet, I seriously doubt Darkness vs Superman and Batman vs Spawn are any more in continuity than Wonder Woman vs Juggernaut or Storm.

You're calling Witchblade a low showing?  Gimmie a high showing.  Name one character that Darkness has beaten that is as powerful as Wonder Woman."
Superman is the character I was using here as the example of someone that Darkness was able to handle that was as powerful as Diana... "

was there any superspeed involved?  have you seen the darkness use superspeed?
#35 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen Diana use it?

#36 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Apparition said:
was there any superspeed involved?  have you seen the darkness use superspeed?"
I dont recall Superman using much Super Speed in the fight... as far as the answer to the second question, I dont believe The Darkness has the level of Super Speed Diana has...
#37 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Have you seen Diana use it?
"

all the time.

King Saturn said:
"Apparition said:
was there any superspeed involved?  have you seen the darkness use superspeed?"
I dont recall Superman using much Super Speed in the fight... as far as the answer to the second question, I dont believe The Darkness has the level of Super Speed Diana has..."

then why is anyone doubting her?
#38 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
Apparition said:
"Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Have you seen Diana use it?
"

all the time.

Not flying? have scans?
#39 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Apparition said:
"Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Have you seen Diana use it?
"

all the time.

King Saturn said:
"Apparition said:
was there any superspeed involved?  have you seen the darkness use superspeed?"
I dont recall Superman using much Super Speed in the fight... as far as the answer to the second question, I dont believe The Darkness has the level of Super Speed Diana has..."

then why is anyone doubting her?"
Well I dont know why everyone else is... but my reason was cause she had been beaten down by a Green Lantern of an average status... and the GL didnt really use Super Speed against Diana in the fight... he just used his Energy Constructs to take her down... now I have heard the arguement from Zoom that the constructs of a Green Lantern are stronger than the Consrtucts of The Darkness which more than likely is Correct... but  The Darkness Constructs should be able to cause damage to Diana cause he should be able to use the Darklings as a distraction here against her as well... 
#40 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Apparition said:
"Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Have you seen Diana use it?
"

all the time.

Not flying? have scans?
"

i bet you could find some.  she's known to use her superspeed, which is near superman and flash.  darkness shouldnt stand a chance.
#41 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I'm the one thats kidding ;)

Ps: gotcha back :P

#42 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who says WW cant handle the Darkness should take a brief look at this.

#43 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Now I'm the one thats kidding ;)

Ps: gotcha back :P
"

good job vic
#44 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

I know right, *golfclaps*

#45 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Anyone who says WW cant handle the Darkness should take a brief look at this.

"
So I should believe Wonder Woman can handle The Darkness cause of a Wonder Woman Respect Thread ? The feats that Wonder Woman was doing in that thread Superman is easily capable of... BUT When I say Darkness was able to handle Superman you say its non canon... so its like a cop out to even debate this now... but I will give you Wonder Woman winning the fight here since there really isnt anyone else saying anything on Darkness behalf now
#46 Posted by New Venom (78 posts) - - Show Bio

W.W.

#47 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Anyone who says WW cant handle the Darkness should take a brief look at this.

"
So I should believe Wonder Woman can handle The Darkness cause of a Wonder Woman Respect Thread ? The feats that Wonder Woman was doing in that thread Superman is easily capable of... BUT When I say Darkness was able to handle Superman you say its non canon... so its like a cop out to even debate this now... but I will give you Wonder Woman winning the fight here since there really isnt anyone else saying anything on Darkness behalf now"
Did "I" say it was NON canon?? and btw, WW owned Supes :P
#48 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"King Saturn said:
"Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Anyone who says WW cant handle the Darkness should take a brief look at this.

"
So I should believe Wonder Woman can handle The Darkness cause of a Wonder Woman Respect Thread ? The feats that Wonder Woman was doing in that thread Superman is easily capable of... BUT When I say Darkness was able to handle Superman you say its non canon... so its like a cop out to even debate this now... but I will give you Wonder Woman winning the fight here since there really isnt anyone else saying anything on Darkness behalf now"
Did "I" say it was NON canon?? and btw, WW owned Supes :P
"
No. You didnt say it was non canon... Sorry that was meant for someone else. And Superman and Wonder Woman have both beaten each others butts on separate occasions
#49 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I assumed it was non cannon on account of 99% of crossovers not being in cannon.

I thought perhaps there was somebody even more powerful than Angelous that Darkness has fought in a comic I hadn't read or something.

#50 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"I assumed it was non cannon on account of 99% of crossovers not being in cannon.

I thought perhaps there was somebody even more powerful than Angelous that Darkness has fought in a comic I hadn't read or something."
I see what you are saying. But I cant say I have seen The Darkness fight anyone more powerful than Angelous in a comic outside of Superman... but I must say that after doing a little research. I think Wonder Woman should be able to defeat The Darkness now...