#1 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Who?

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

No scenario at all?

#3 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"No scenario at all?"

No scenario. Just an all out battle in a city.

#4 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, give me a sec
Post Edited:2007-08-30 01:42:20

#5 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Sir Donnie says:

"Hawksmoore"

I'm not saying my opinion, because I don't know who exactly would win, but Jacky would be able to make a giant darkness shield that stops everything or dark chains to hold the building together.

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see either of them winning (and could probably argue either side) and a scenario would have made it easier to choose, but since there is none I'm going for my boy Jack Hawksmoor. Simplest thing is to just suck Jackie into the ground before he knows what's going on. It's easy, it's fast, and it's never failed before. It could be an amazing comic since each one just has so much power at their disposal and the way the two could interact even when not fighting, but I'm pulling for Jack in a fight.

#7 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I can see either of them winning (and could probably argue either side) and a scenario would have made it easier to choose, but since there is none I'm going for my boy Jack Hawksmoor. Simplest thing is to just suck Jackie into the ground before he knows what's going on. It's easy, it's fast, and it's never failed before. It could be an amazing comic since each one just has so much power at their disposal and the way the two could interact even when not fighting, but I'm pulling for Jack in a fight."

Nice run down, and I like your opinion. I wasn't sure who would win. I was in my dad's car and I was like "Hmm... Buck brought up Hawksmoor a few times and I hear about the Darkness alot. Both have unique powers... Who the hell would win?

#8 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I can see either of them winning (and could probably argue either side) and a scenario would have made it easier to choose, but since there is none I'm going for my boy Jack Hawksmoor. Simplest thing is to just suck Jackie into the ground before he knows what's going on. It's easy, it's fast, and it's never failed before. It could be an amazing
#9 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Buckshot says:
"I can see either of them winning (and could probably argue either side) and a scenario would have made it easier to choose, but since there is none I'm going for my boy Jack Hawksmoor. Simplest thing is to just suck Jackie into the ground before he knows what's going on. It's easy, it's fast, and it's never failed before. It could be an amazing
"

?

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

blood hell... two of my favorite characters battling it out...

to be honest, i've got to site with Hawksmoor on this one, but it could be fought either way.

M

#11 Posted by BUMPER (37 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP!!!

#12 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm.

Interesting.

#13 Edited by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking of starting this thread myself but I used the search function (surprise!). In any case, it looks like this particular thread could use a scenario so if nobody minds I'll be commandeering this battle. If people do mind, let me know and I'll just start another one.

Jack Hawksmoor has inexplicably been cut off from the Carrier and stranded in a small (by "small" I mean about 1 square mile) old western style
town in the middle of nowhere (complete with tumbleweeds) and runs into Jackie Estacado who is in a similar predicament. Crows can be heard cawing in the distance as dusk settles over the eerie town and its new denizens, both of whom suspect the other for their current situation and both of whom decide it better to attack first and ask questions later. (just assume they don't question each other in the middle of combat.)
#14 Posted by King Saturn (223836 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Jack can beat The Darkness... it would be an awesome fight
#15 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i have to go with Jack over jakie

#16 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Reasons?

#17 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Reasons?"
kk i have to change my vote going on what you posted the battle to be, and not going on what EC had.
going on what you have just as soon as Jack hits the ground... he'd dead or dieing. BECAUSE he's in a dead ghost town and not a thriving city or rain forest, and his powers and his life is based on the life of the city. yours is dead so he is too.
and if its during teh day, the darkness cant be used, so Jackie would just sit and watch, if its a night then the darkling feed on jacks already dead body.

#18 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I was afraid the city was too small. Jack still has control over about a square mile of town which he can wrap around himself into a suit if he wants. He would be weaker than normal sure, but I don't think he would be as helpless as you're saying. Do you have examples of Hawksmoor weakening this much in a small town? If I recall correctly he can even exist outside a city for a while before weakening.

#19 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"I was afraid the city was too small. Jack still has control over about a square mile of town which he can wrap around himself into a suit if he wants. He would be weaker than normal sure, but I don't think he would be as helpless as you're saying. Do you have examples of Hawksmoor weakening this much in a small town? If I recall correctly he can even exist outside a city for a while before weakening."

he can exist outside while in the Carrier or in a bubble of concrete taken from a lively city. but as it is he's cut off from the Carrier, and his powers depend on the life of the city. what you have is a ghost town that's been dead for some time.
#20 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he could survive outside cities indefinitely albeit with reduced stats and no superpowers. Again, do you have any examples? In any case, I admit that I forgot that a city's population effects his strength as well. So I'll change it so that the town has a small population.

#21 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"I thought he could survive outside cities indefinitely albeit with reduced stats and no superpowers. Again, do you have any examples? In any case, I admit that I forgot that a city's population effects his strength as well. So I'll change it so that the town has a small population."

ill have to see if i can find it. buck would know more about it than i would. most the examples were in an old thread, and im not sure what one so its going to take a bit of digging.
#22 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

It kind of depends on the writer but going with all I know I'd say for the most part he'd just be weaker out of a city. He used to get sick almost immidiately and could even be beaten up by humans when in a natural area, but he's also shown that he can retain slight superhuman powers in nature and not be visibly weakened. The only exact limits that have been given have quite a range. He's been shown to get incredibly sick within 15 minutes but also said he can last 3 hours. Might be safe to say that at best, maybe just a tad better, but at worst he gets sick quickly.

#23 Posted by King Saturn (223836 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Reasons?"
Because the battle is in The City. Hawksmoor has the Ground Advantage... he can use the City Terrain to his advantage... and it has been shown before that Jackie isnt totally invunerable to high levels of attack even within The Darkness form... I think if Jack could generate the Suit he could probably generate enough force to KO Jackie...
#24 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

He gave no scenario though o.o

#25 Posted by King Saturn (223836 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"He gave no scenario though o.o"
EC said the battle was in a City later on in the thread
#26 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I should have probably just started another thread. Since EC didn't really give much of a scenario I came up with one myself, you guys don't have to use mine but you can.

#27 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"It kind of depends on the writer but going with all I know I'd say for the most part he'd just be weaker out of a city. He used to get sick almost immidiately and could even be beaten up by humans when in a natural area, but he's also shown that he can retain slight superhuman powers in nature and not be visibly weakened. The only exact limits that have been given have quite a range. He's been shown to get incredibly sick within 15 minutes but also said he can last 3 hours. Might be safe to say that at best, maybe just a tad better, but at worst he gets sick quickly."

and its buck to the rescue.
he is the authority on the authority. LoL
#28 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

I think in the end Hawksmoor will win, i love both characters though. In the initial battle Jackie might take the upper hand with his darkness powers. If Hawksmoor decides to suck him into the ground Jackie could survive by using a crawlspace to come up at a different location. However, once Hawksmoor will find out Jackie's weakness towards the light, he'll just use the city he's in to target all (street)lights towards Jackie.. and well, Jackie might make some use of the shadows around him in that case but it won't be enough to defeat Hawksmoor.

Besides that, there are numerous other things Hawksmoor could do to Jackie, like rerouting the electricity of the city towards Jackie which will probably knock him out, since he has been knocked out by lesser things. So i'm going with Hawksmoor on this one, although Jackie could win if he finished of Hawksmoor fast by overwhelming him with darklings.

#29 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

this fight would be sick. i think that jackie could win if he got the drop on hawksmoor 

#30 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't Jackie just explode him?

#31 Posted by Mekboy (1111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell: I think Jackie only does that when he's desperate.
#32 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mekboy:  I see this fight getting desperate.