• 73 results
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the darknessss

Hal jordan wants to bring in jackie for questioning,,can he take him down,fight takes place in nyc at midnight.

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By skaarason

has much as i like both , long as hal has a charge he wins !

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By progenitorigin

I actually would love to see this fight.  If this were Kyle Rayner, i'd give it to Estacado, but it being Hal, i'd say he takes down Jackie.  It would be tough, though, especially if it were at night, 'cause Jackie would be able to use the shadows to his advantage and deal out some impressive firepower and offense, but all Hal has to do is shine his ring bright as could be on Jackie and that's it.  Even if Jackie had firearms, Hal would have overwhelming power, and he could easily exploit Jackie's darkness with light.  Either way, I like Darkness more.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By sexy_merc

The Green Lantern pictured is Kyle Rayner.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Is Darkness at full power? Because what power level the Darkness is operating at will make a BIG difference.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IcePrince_X

Darkness wins if this fight goes in the dark. 
I am not familiar with the green light and how it can affect the Darkness' powers.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By whacknasty

Yeah.... I think what level the Darkness is operating at might make a difference... And I read around here somewhere that Jackie still was able to do some pretty powerful things even in mid-day sun, so I'm not sure if shining light from the ring will be a clincher or anything...

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the darknessss
@whacknasty:
@Crom-Cruach:  he has full power to stop hal jordan.
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fist_of_Mandalore
@progenitor: Not true. It needs to be direct sunlight. Jackie can actually control the darkness in the morning and night when the sun is first coming up and first coming down. It Hal Jordan's light won't do it. Idk who wins  I'm just saying that that is not how Hal would win.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@the darknessss: Then Hall will die screaming pure and simple. At his highest power, then Estacado's mind becomes inconsequential as he is nothing more then a physical vessel of the primordial incarnation of the dynamic forces of chaos and absence of light. A being that was created when God separated light from from Darkness by uttering "Let there be Light!" and that is so powerful that going full out he can shake the foundations of the universe and thus adheres to self-imposed labyrinthine rules to ensure the universe survives his battle with his opposite, the Light (also known as the Angelus Force), Kyle is an insect compared to the Darkness at full power.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NexusOfLight

Couldn't Jackie create a darkling inside Hal's body? His power isn't limited by range, and he's shown to be capable of creating creatures inside of people's bodies before. At first, I thought Darkness vs a Green Lantern would give the fight to the GL easy, but going through my mental records, the Darkness can do some pretty amazing things.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By progenitorigin
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @progenitor: Not true. It needs to be direct sunlight. Jackie can actually control the darkness in the morning and night when the sun is first coming up and first coming down. It Hal Jordan's light won't do it. Idk who wins  I'm just saying that that is not how Hal would win. "

Thanks for clarifying, that's awesome, I didn't know he could still control during dawn and dusk.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@NexusOfLight:  see abov about what the Darkness is, at full power Hal has absolutely no chance. And you are correct, he could create a darkling inside him to rip out at a distance, this is something normal level darkness can do.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @NexusOfLight:  see abov about what the Darkness is, at full power Hal has absolutely no chance. And you are correct, he could create a darkling inside him to rip out at a distance, this is something normal level darkness can do. "
Nice to see a knowledgeable Top Cow fan in the forums.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@NexusOfLight: love Top Cow, the Witchblade verse is one of the few american comic lines I actually like enought to make the effort to keep up with
Aquamariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aquamariner

um...correct me if Im wrong but isn't the Darkness photo-intolerant?! As in, you shine a light at him and his darklings run off like crazies.  He can't operate under any light, right? If so then Hal wins, hands down, just for that reason alone.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Aquamariner: No, you are wrong. Light being his opposite one crushes the other. To stop the Darkness with Light one has to use a mystical force of the metaphysical representation of light with equal strenght of the energy the Darkness entity has infused in his vessel. If Darkness's level is superior, his Darkness will swallow all light. See my above posts, at full power, the Darkness can potentially endanger the whole universe and the only thing that can stop him is the Angelus Force, his primordial opposite. GL is a non-factor against Full power Darkness.

The Darkness entity is the metaphysical incarnation of Darkness and Chaos half of the universe created by God in the top cow universe. GL is not even close to that level.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@progenitor: Yeah, he can actually do more than that. You should read his comics. Darkness is a total badass and is one of the most unstoppable forces in any comic universe.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Aquamariner: No, you are wrong. Light being his opposite one crushes the other. To stop the Darkness with Light one has to use a mystical force of the metaphysical representation of light with equal strenght of the energy the Darkness entity has infused in his vessel. If Darkness's level is superior, his Darkness will swallow all light. See my above posts, at full power, the Darkness can potentially endanger the whole universe and the only thing that can stop him is the Angelus Force, his primordial opposite. GL is a non-factor against Full power Darkness.  The Darkness entity is the metaphysical incarnation of Darkness and Chaos half of the universe created by God in the top cow universe. GL is not even close to that level."

So what you're saying is a full powered Darkness is pretty much the GEB from DC?
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IcePrince_X

The Power of the Darkness is equal to a god - creation among its most power feats and limited only to its host's imagination. 

As I said above, unless there is a proof that Green Light can affect the Darkness, Hal will be having a difficult time catching up with Jackie and can very well lose some major juice in his ring thus, making him very vulnerable. 

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@IcePrince_X said:
"The Power of the Darkness is equal to a god - creation among its most power feats and limited only to its host's imagination.  As I said above, unless there is a proof that Green Light can affect the Darkness, Hal will be having a difficult time catching up with Jackie and can very well lose some major juice in his ring thus, making him very vulnerable.  "

That is what I was asking. GEB= Great Evil Beast which the Spectre fought and got his ass kicked.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @the darknessss: Then Hall will die screaming pure and simple. At his highest power, then Estacado's mind becomes inconsequential as he is nothing more then a physical vessel of the primordial incarnation of the dynamic forces of chaos and absence of light. A being that was created when God separated light from from Darkness by uttering "Let there be Light!" and that is so powerful that going full out he can shake the foundations of the universe and thus adheres to self-imposed labyrinthine rules to ensure the universe survives his battle with his opposite, the Light (also known as the Angelus Force), Kyle is an insect compared to the Darkness at full power. "

No Caption Provided
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FinalStar86
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @the darknessss: Then Hall will die screaming pure and simple. At his highest power, then Estacado's mind becomes inconsequential as he is nothing more then a physical vessel of the primordial incarnation of the dynamic forces of chaos and absence of light. A being that was created when God separated light from from Darkness by uttering "Let there be Light!" and that is so powerful that going full out he can shake the foundations of the universe and thus adheres to self-imposed labyrinthine rules to ensure the universe survives his battle with his opposite, the Light (also known as the Angelus Force), Kyle is an insect compared to the Darkness at full power. "

No Caption Provided
"
Damn, I need to buy some Darkness comics. that looks badass
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By Zoom

Meh Top Cow. 

The Darkness will fear Green Lantern's light.  Kyle closes black holes in the morning, splits atoms in the afternoon and moves moons around in the evening. 

Scans of the Darkness opperating in the light?  Because Kyle's got a lot of that.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Precise

As said before, Jackie could simply use the darkness inside a human body. Wetter or not the protective aura of a Green Lantern would protect him from that can be argued, but i doubt it. 

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Zoom:  At full power, Hal wouldn't even be able to do anything more then annoy him, again the Darkness is one full half primordial incarnation of the universe. Hal is a non factor in that case, he'll die, screaming... 
@Ferro Vida:  Yeah, that scene was awesome.
@OmegaDynasty:  I'm not familiar with the GEB much, but the best way to explain what the Darkness is the concept of Chaos and Darkness versus Order and Light
The Darkness is the metaphysical, sentient incarnation of Chaos and Darkness
The Angelus is the metaphysical, sentient incarnation of Order and Light
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By IcePrince_X

The Darkness is capable in working at daylight granting it is not the same light as that of the sun.  
In one of its incarnated host, the Darkness was able to take over the faerie kingdom in broad daylight since the sunlight of the faerie world is different from the human world. Fortunately for the faerie world Medieval Spawn and Medieval Witchblade "Katarina" was able to stop him. 

Put in mind, when Hal and the Witchblade met in the JLA /Witchblade crossover, Hal was defeated at first strike. I assume that the power of the Darkness is far more lethal specially the one wielding it is a killer.

Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IcePrince_X: Yes, the Darkness is much more powerful than the Witchblade. As Crom said the only thing that can resist the Darkness at full power is the Angelus. 
@Zoom:
 Haha, your a funny guy. Hal closes black holes that awesome. Well, how about this. The darkness, is half of what make sup the entire fucking universe...lol. Darkness wins.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zoom

Why did the OP change which character Darkness is fighting?
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zoom
@IcePrince_X said:
"Put in mind, when Hal and the Witchblade met in the JLA /Witchblade crossover, Hal was defeated at first strike. I assume that the power of the Darkness is far more lethal specially the one wielding it is a killer. "

Lol.

Please.  There are dozens of scans of the Darkness visably weakening in the sunlight or saying that he's more powerful at night or getting hurt by light blasts. 

Green Lantern wields extreme light and while Jackie may be bulletproof, Kyle Rayner is nuke proof. 

There's a reason Darkness fights mobsters while Green Lantern saves galaxies. 

Unless the Darkness has gotten huge power ups since early in his series (which is frankly, mediocre at best), I don't see how the Darkness is supposed to even hold a candle to Green Lantern's light.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By the darknessss
@Zoom:
Because the first picture of lantern wasnt hal,but i said hal in the battle.:-)
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Zoom: Jackie's only real "power ups" are realizing the Darkness's potential. His only weakness is his imagination, and throughout the series, someone is always telling him that. The Darkness itself should be able to take on anything a Green Lantern can put out. That's how it was established in Top Cow's universe. Jackie, on the other hand, is just a man who wields wields that power. The reason he fights mobsters is because he's not thinking outside of the box. He's not thinking big. He's only going after money. Lately, he's started going after slightly bigger things, but he's still only looking for riches like a mobster would. If the Darkness were given to someone like Lex Luthor or Dr. Doom, then we'd have a universal for real.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Zoom:  No because Jackie Estacado is not the Darkness at full power. Normal Jackie is a piddling compared to the real Darkness (the one the OP is using). The power the Darkness has over light depends on his power level. but the Darkness (the primordial entity) can only be stopped by the Angelus.

@NexusOfLight: It's also a lot because the Darkness is petty and cruel, he takes Jackie's power away all the time, weakens him  or boosts him when he finds it appropriate. This will always make a difference. Normal Jackie Estacado Darkness avatar has trouble in direct sunlight. Primordial Darkness entity swallows all light except the Angelus.

the Darkness murders Hal that's it.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zoom

I think the OPer just misunderstood your question because the OP says Hal is trying to bring Jackie in. 

The power level you're attributing to the Darkness is not the power level of the character that's actually in this fight.  It'd be like if I used Ion feats and called them Green Lantern feats.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Precise

Jackie can manipulate the darkness inside a body as well, nothing GL can do about it.
 Jackie can manipulate the darkness inside a body as well, nothing GL can do about it.
Avatar image for notasoccerstar09
Notasoccerstar09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Notasoccerstar09

Hal 

he could take the fight into space then fight him there since the sun would affect darkness 

also didnt gl reignite the sun so whats keeping hal from stopping the darkness?

OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Darkness. Spite.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Zoom:  Read whole the thread before making such a comment. I asked what power level, OP answered Darkness at full power, hence the Darkness entity. Hence why Darkness will curbstomp. 

Don't comment if you won't bother to read the whole thread.
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By theiconic
@FinalStar86: u said it!
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zoom
@Crom-Cruach said:

" @Zoom:  Read whole the thread before making such a comment. I asked what power level, OP answered Darkness at full power, hence the Darkness entity. Hence why Darkness will curbstomp.   Don't comment if you won't bother to read the whole thread. "

I did read the whole thread, I just have better reading comprehension skills than you do.

Jackie often goes by "the Darkness."  The OP said this was Jackie.  You asked what power level "the Darkness" was at and he said full.  That implies full powered Jackie, not full powered the Darkness Entity. 

@Precise 

Argueable, since Green Lantern rings regulate their user's vitals and protect them.  This is why GLs have force fields up constantly and can breathe in space.  The ring would absolutely detect the Darkness trying to use darkness inside of Hal.  Whether it could then do something about it is questionable but frankly, I think Hal would smack Jackie in the face with a giant green hammer hard enough to reduce this as an option all together.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Precise
@Zoom: That all depends on who gets the first hit. And while the ring protect the bearer with a skintight aura from the outside, it doesn't nescecarily mean it'll also protect the inside.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zoom

Indeed. 

While it is true that Hal doesn't have internal force fields, he does have internal regulation.  He's not passively protected but he's passively aware which means he may be able to actively protect himself.  I don't see what Jackie is supposed to do against a green lantern contstruct.  We've seen him hurt by a lot less. 

I also think that any Green Lantern worth his salt is faster than the Darkness.  They fly around at hundreds of mph shooting lasers from their rings.  I haven't seen any reason to believe than the Darkness has superhuman speed or even reflexes that are all that good, though you're more than welcome to try to prove me wrong.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the darknessss
@Zoom:
a full powered jackie?? jackie is the darkness holder at this time so a full powered darkness/jackie is as one as i stated when asked by crom-cruach on page 1 of this thread.jackie alone is not really a match to green lantern now so hes at full power {as in darkness jackie} to stop any confusion.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Precise
@Zoom:  I don't know, flightspeed isn't the same as reaction speed though. Jackie has dodged bullets before. Anyway, this fight is at night. Jackie won't fight alone here, he can summon a whole range of darklings ranging from the little gobblins to the very large dragon like monsters. Who's to say Hal (or whatever Green Lantern) won't attack the darklings first granting Jackie more than enough time to execute the little move I showed earlier.
Sasuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sasuke

I say GL
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zoom
@the darknessss said:

"@Zoom: a full powered jackie?? jackie is the darkness holder at this time so a full powered darkness/jackie is as one as i stated when asked by crom-cruach on page 1 of this thread.jackie alone is not really a match to green lantern now so hes at full power {as in darkness jackie} to stop any confusion. "

That...doesn't make any sense.  Which is another reason I think you're confused. 

Jackie at full power would be as strong as Jackie has ever been in any given comic.  Crom is throwing out things like the Darkness force being essentially half of god which is great and all but there's a huge difference between Jackie Estacado, avatar of the Darkness and the entire Darkness force.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By the darknessss
@Zoom:
the full power thing is jackie in darkness form to the max of what we has seen in the comics,yeah i get what your saying though.:-)
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NexusOfLight

Actually, a full powered Jackie/Darkness has been seen in the comics. Darkness #75. It was all about Jackie being ruler of the world. Darkness finally defeating the light. Post-Apocalypse.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zoom

So a future non cannon version of the character?  Forgive me but that doesn't sound relevant to this battle.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By the darknessss
@NexusOfLight:
very true,i have that one,but its only a possible future so i cant really use it here,has to be a jackie/darkness that happend where jackie was at his most powerful in real time issues past,,,that version of the darkness in the future would beat hal pretty easy imo.