The Darkness vs Dr.Light

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Light gets a week of prep if he needs it.
Battle Location: New York. 
SilverSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SilverSentry

The Darkness  .

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crom-Cruach

If Darkness is at anything around his normal level, then he'll win this.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Crom-Cruach said:
"If Darkness is at anything around his normal level, then he'll win this. "

Even with all that light in the Big Apple at Light's disposale?
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@OmegaDynasty: lights cast shadows. Darkness can teleport from shadow to shadows. And he can use the shadows inside the human body to rip a person appart from the inside alien chest buster style. Doctor Light will die.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @OmegaDynasty: lights cast shadows. Darkness can teleport from shadow to shadows. And he can use the shadows inside the human body to rip a person appart from the inside alien chest buster style. Doctor Light will die. "

So even with a weeks prep, and knowing what he is up against he will still die a horrible death? He's a genius himself when it comes to his light manipulation.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By llagrok

Genius Light will win. 
Idiot Light, no.

Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fist_of_Mandalore
@OmegaDynasty:
Yeah, there are a few characters in comics that can't be stopped no matter how much prep. The Darkness is one of them.
zombie flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By zombie flash
@llagrok said:
"Genius Light will win. Idiot Light, no. "

what he said
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@OmegaDynasty: Because his power create his weakness, all Light creates a shadow. Darknes can use that for limitless mobility. He can use these as portals to summon shadow demons. Add in the shadow ripping part. The fact the Darkness's avatar has super-regeneration, even from death. That he can create shadow weapons, bend darkness into solid shapes and more. I don't see Light winning this, he's not on the same level as the Darkness's avatar even at normal level. Let alone what would happen if the Darkness entity decided he wanted to curbstomp the Doctor and thus give Jackie more power. And being a primordial entity capable of threatening the universe. He has limitless power to give to Jackie Estacado (his avatar, also called the Darkness, as the comic title even if he is technically only an avatar of the true Darkness).
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @OmegaDynasty: Because his power create his weakness, all Light creates a shadow. Darknes can use that for limitless mobility. He can use these as portals to summon shadow demons. Add in the shadow ripping part. The fact the Darkness's avatar has super-regeneration, even from death. That he can create shadow weapons, bend darkness into solid shapes and more. I don't see Light winning this, he's not on the same level as the Darkness's avatar even at normal level. Let alone what would happen if the Darkness entity decided he wanted to curbstomp the Doctor and thus give Jackie more power. And being a primordial entity capable of threatening the universe. He has limitless power to give to Jackie Estacado (his avatar, also called the Darkness, as the comic title even if he is technically only an avatar of the true Darkness). "

You of course know that Dr.Light can do alot with his Light manipulation
Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Rothschild

Im gonna go with the good Dr... 

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@OmegaDynasty:  Yes, of course. That he would loose to the Darkness is not saying he is weak. But his powers will create shadows because light casts shadows. And with the other powers at Jackie's disposal (most importantly the teleportation, the ability to summon a limitless army and to rip someone inside out with the shadows inside a human body) Doctor Light will be in big trouble keeping up with him. That will mean death.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By charlieboy

but isn't when jackie is in light doesn't that make his powers go away? i could be wrong.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By charlieboy

i just read his file and his powers do not work in the light. so dr. light wins.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@charlieboy:  In full light with no shadows and that light has to be stronger then his own darkness (hence the often forgothen very important element of stating which power level the Darkness is operating at, as he's been at various levels at different times). If the lights are weaken then his darkness, then he'll just swallow the light away with shadows.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By charlieboy

but his file says his powers don't work when he is out in daylight as well.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@charlieboy: then that file needs to be updated because Jackie has long passed that point. His powers are hindered but he can still use them.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By charlieboy

can you show some scans of him operating in light? it sounds to me like that dr. light pretty much has jackie's weakness at his disposal.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OmegaDynasty

My question is how well can the Darkness track down some one that can bend light around him to become invisible, and also create forcefields, and fly for that matter.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I don't have scans but look at the run when Jackie takes over a south american nation. Plenty of examples.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Dr. Light wins he is an unstable powerhouse of ludicrous amounts of raw energy. When regained his powers The Teen Titans and The JLA could not handle him

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By charlieboy

the last thing i read with him in it was firstborn.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NexusOfLight
@charlieboy:  Jackie can go up against people of light, because "it's always dark inside."
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@NexusOfLight: Thanks, your scans are spot on as always. I don't have scans but you always seem to have the ones that come to my mind.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By charlieboy

cool. if he can do that then he can win.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Crom-Cruach: No problem. It was a good issue. One of my favorites out of the latest volume. Some crazy stuff.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@NexusOfLight: agreed.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmegaDynasty

I wonder if he needs to see the person to do that to them. As Dr.Light can take the light from a person's eye's and blind them.  

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30  Edited By Zoom

If light that can be blocked by sunglasses is enough to bring the Darkness to his knees, Dr. Light will slaughter him. 

His light is powerful enough to burn through people in a fraction of a second.  He may not be able to destroy the Darkness but he can certainly kill its host.
Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Agony

No matter how anyone wants to put this the darkness is gonna win hands down
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Zoom: Jackie's been "dead" before. I can recall two instances. The Darkness can and will reform him. The point behind the scan is to show that even if he's being attacked by direct light, he can still work around it, so long as there is something dark around. The very fact that his mortal enemy, the Angelus is a creature of light, should be proof positive for that, and he has beaten the Angelus on more than one occasion.

@OmegaDynasty: No, he doesn't have to see someone to do that. He's created darklings entire cities apart, and used their eyes to gather information for whatever he was scheming in that issue. The Darkness is very versatile.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@NexusOfLight said:
" @Zoom: Jackie's been "dead" before. I can recall two instances. The Darkness can and will reform him. The point behind the scan is to show that even if he's being attacked by direct light, he can still work around it, so long as there is something dark around. The very fact that his mortal enemy, the Angelus is a creature of light, should be proof positive for that, and he has beaten the Angelus on more than one occasion.

@OmegaDynasty: No, he doesn't have to see someone to do that. He's created darklings entire cities apart, and used their eyes to gather information for whatever he was scheming in that issue. The Darkness is very versatile. "
this.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By llagrok

Dr.Light takes punches from Superboy and Red Star. 

"herp derp he will liek regular perzon"

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zoom
@NexusOfLight said:
" @Zoom: Jackie's been "dead" before. I can recall two instances. The Darkness can and will reform him. The point behind the scan is to show that even if he's being attacked by direct light, he can still work around it, so long as there is something dark around. The very fact that his mortal enemy, the Angelus is a creature of light, should be proof positive for that, and he has beaten the Angelus on more than one occasion."

I'm aware.  If Jackie dies, that's a win for Light even if he comes back.  Otherwise Deadpool and Mr Immortal would never lose a fight. 

The point of your scan may have been to show he can handle direct light but what it really showed is that direct light much weaker than what Dr. Light is going to throw at him brings him to his knees.  That light wasn't that strong.  The other people are completely fine just by wearing sunglasses.  Think what happens when Light shoots him with a blast powerful enough to hurt Superman.
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#36  Edited By Nerx

Does dr.light still need oxygen and stuff? since jackie might as well be creating darkness aids or cancer

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Dr. Light has become light multiple times in the past. I don't think using the darkness in him will be so easy if he does it in this fight.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Zoom said:

" @NexusOfLight said:

" @Zoom: Jackie's been "dead" before. I can recall two instances. The Darkness can and will reform him. The point behind the scan is to show that even if he's being attacked by direct light, he can still work around it, so long as there is something dark around. The very fact that his mortal enemy, the Angelus is a creature of light, should be proof positive for that, and he has beaten the Angelus on more than one occasion."
I'm aware.  If Jackie dies, that's a win for Light even if he comes back.  Otherwise Deadpool and Mr Immortal would never lose a fight.  The point of your scan may have been to show he can handle direct light but what it really showed is that direct light much weaker than what Dr. Light is going to throw at him brings him to his knees.  That light wasn't that strong.  The other people are completely fine just by wearing sunglasses.  Think what happens when Light shoots him with a blast powerful enough to hurt Superman. "
I think the main reason Jackie was on his knees was because it was hot. One sun at high noon in the summer is bad enough. Four directed only at you, would be even worse, but I get what you're saying. Dr. Light could probably replicate the effect no problem, even make it stronger, but I don't think it won't be too much for Jackie not to handle, so long as there is a dark area in the field. Dark spots means, teleportation, summoning more darklings, summoning weapons, pretty much anything he could possibly imagine.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zoom

But all the darklings and weapons he has will disappate instantly when Dr. Light does this. 

NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Zoom: Alright, I'll buy that. Dr. Light wins against Jackie.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zoom
@NexusOfLight said:
" @Zoom: Alright, I'll buy that. Dr. Light wins against Jackie. "

Thank you.
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthur

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna say Jackie, but he's slower than light .....

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Current Darkness wasn't affected by light anymore