The Darkness and the Shade vs Kyle Rayner (GL)

Suske_Amoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rules:

Combatants are in character and are in standard gear

Hello i'm new to comic vine and this is my first battle thread so hopefully you all enjoy it :)

Win by death or KO

they start 165 ft or 50 meter apart

Darkness= Jackie Estacado pre 52

The Shade= The Shade from Modern Age

Kyle rayner= green lantern new 52 (because i wan't a descent battle he can't go for speedblitz)

Fight takes place when the sun has just set on the longest winter night

No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Darkness isn't DC, there are just has a few DC crossovers.

Anyways, I don't know very much about the Shade, but Jackie could solo this from what I've seen of his upper tier abilities. I think @wyldsong could provide more then me though.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Rayner ftw

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Wyldsong

@tparks said:

Darkness isn't DC, there are just has a few DC crossovers.

Anyways, I don't know very much about the Shade, but Jackie could solo this from what I've seen of his upper tier abilities. I think @wyldsong could provide more then me though.

Doh, misread the battle and had to completely delete my post. Oops=P

I'll be back with some actual thoughts...if anyone read my last post, please disregard it. For some strange reason my brain missed the versus Kyle Rayner bit, and thought it was another Darkness vs Shade thread...my brain is fried from studying today=P

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wyldsong

Alright, so Jackie could probably solo this one, and I don't think Kyle has any actual way to put Jackie or Shade down. But, I could be proven wrong, and will await to see any feats, but if an Angelus blade forged from several dying stars couldn't do it or if Kyle isn't packing a Witchblade, then he is not going to have much luck with current Jackie (really any version Jackie after volume 3).

Jackie is in effect a matter manipulator when it comes to the darkness, and that includes the darkness inside of people. Kyle has no real defense against this, and Jackie doesn't have to move, blink, or really do much of anything to make Kyle's insides a tasty snack for some lovecraftian horror of Jackie's devising:

No Caption Provided

Jackie's domain is the darkness. He can summon armies, weapons, can teleport (which includes moving matter through shadows), can create dopplegangers, has created life that was capable of bearing him a child, regenerate/heal, has superstrength, exceedingly durable (survived re-entry for one), can infect others with the darkness, can create highly addictive supernatural drugs from darkness, can shapeshift, and a ton more. Top that off with the fact that he doesn't mind killing, and you have Shade has his partner, who by all accounts was top tier in power in the pre-52 (not sure if he has shown up in new 52), and that is just icing on the cake.

Rayner goes down.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on who draws first. Jackie could kill Kyle with Darkness in the body trick or Kyle could just blow up the planet

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wyldsong

@dondave said:

It depends on who draws first. Jackie could kill Kyle with Darkness in the body trick or Kyle could just blow up the planet

Would Green Lantern Kyle blow up the planet in character? Seems a bit extreme...

Jackie on the other hand would most certainly do his darkness trick=)