The DARK SOULS gauntlet - Master Cheif

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

So i was playing dark souls posibly the most frustrating hard ass balls to the wall awesomely hardest game out there and got to thinking vidio game character stand a chance agenst the bosses of this hard as wolverines bones game? and then i came up with the idea of puting this character through a Dark souls gauntlet and i picked the master chief so lets begin.

If you are not familier with the master follow the link to find out more - http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/John-117

No Caption Provided

The chief gets his equipment i.e. Any weapon from the halo universe including the halo 1 pistol and keep in mind he can only have two weapons and one grande type but he can have up to 2 of said granade . Also he can have up to two armor attachment from halr reach. The cheif also has four over shield and bubble shield equipments but can only have one during a fight. The master cheif can also rest in between figt to replanish health and get ammo and change weapons.

(any summons sign at a ceartin boss fight can be summond)

Asylum Demon

Stray Demon

Taurus Demon

Capra Demon

Belfry Gargoyles

Gaping Dragon

Chaos Witch Quelaag

Moonlight Butterfly

Sif, the Great Grey Wolf

Iron Golem

Dark Sun Gwyndolin

Dragon Slayer Ornstein / Executioner Smough

Crossbreed Priscilla

Seath the Scaleless

Pinwheel

Gravelord Nito

The Four Kings

Ceaseless Discharge

Demon Firesage

Centipede Demon

The Bed of Chaos

Gwyn, Lord of Cinder

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xanni15

Yeah... He's not clearing this.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By z3ro180

@Xanni15: if im being honest i dont see him getting past orstien

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Xanni15

@Z3RO180:

I haven't played it, but these creatures look enormous and quite powerful.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Laurcus

Chief stomps easily. The fact is, everyone in Dark Souls is far too slow for him. I've played the game, and there's nothing any of the bosses do that the Chief couldn't easily dodge.

The bosses aren't particularly durable, as standard swords and such damage them, and the Chief uses high caliber armor piercing futuristic guns. None of the bosses, even the powerful DLC ones like Kalameet and Manus have the feats of durability to show that some sustained gunfire won't tear them up.

The Chief is also too durable. If you wanna go by the numbers, a regular Hollow Soldier's running thrust deals 195 damage. One of the most damaging attacks in the game, Gwyn's Choke Explosion Finisher, only deals 838 damage. Something 4.3 times more powerful than a standard sword thrust isn't going to hurt the Chief, as him and other Spartans have survived far far more than that, such as unaided orbital drops. No matter how you slice it, the Chief has too many feats of insane durability.

Chief curbstomps.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Laurcus said:

Chief stomps easily. The fact is, everyone in Dark Souls is far too slow for him. I've played the game, and there's nothing any of the bosses do that the Chief couldn't easily dodge.

The bosses aren't particularly durable, as standard swords and such damage them, and the Chief uses high caliber armor piercing futuristic guns. None of the bosses, even the powerful DLC ones like Kalameet and Manus have the feats of durability to show that some sustained gunfire won't tear them up.

The Chief is also too durable. If you wanna go by the numbers, a regular Hollow Soldier's running thrust deals 195 damage. One of the most damaging attacks in the game, Gwyn's Choke Explosion Finisher, only deals 838 damage. Something 4.3 times more powerful than a standard sword thrust isn't going to hurt the Chief, as him and other Spartans have survived far far more than that, such as unaided orbital drops. No matter how you slice it, the Chief has too many feats of insane durability.

Chief curbstomps.

If you have played the game than you know that very few of the swords/weapons are standard.

But regardless I think it is difficult to just throw Master Chief into this world, as Dark Souls world, and Halo world, are based on completely different mechanics and damage.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Laurcus

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Laurcus said:

Chief curbstomps.

If you have played the game than you know that very few of the swords/weapons are standard.

But regardless I think it is difficult to just throw Master Chief into this world, as Dark Souls world, and Halo world, are based on completely different mechanics and damage.

I am aware of that. I am talking about standard swords though. I am specifically referring to the standard +0 80 damage longsword. Which is what the Hollow Soldiers wield. Hollow Soldiers have not demonstrated superhuman strength, and a non-reinforced, non-ascended longsword is comparable to a standard longsword in the real world.

I am not comparing damage from Halo to damage from Dark Souls. I am comparing a real life longsword to the Chief's durability, because we know from actual numbers from Dark Souls that Gwyn's damage is only 4.3 times that of a standard longsword wielded by something with an average Human level of strength.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Laurcus said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Laurcus said:

Chief curbstomps.

I am aware of that. I am talking about standard swords though. I am specifically referring to the standard +0 80 damage longsword. Which is what the Hollow Soldiers wield. Hollow Soldiers have not demonstrated superhuman strength, and a non-reinforced, non-ascended longsword is comparable to a standard longsword in the real world.

I am not comparing damage from Halo to damage from Dark Souls. I am comparing a real life longsword to the Chief's durability, because we know from actual numbers from Dark Souls that Gwyn's damage is only 4.3 times that of a standard longsword wielded by something with an average Human level of strength.

Fair enough.

Although I think you have to take into account the nature of the damage as well, the sword being purely physical.

Gwyn's attacks, not just merely physical.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Laurcus

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Laurcus said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Laurcus said:

Chief curbstomps.

Fair enough.

Although I think you have to take into account the nature of the damage as well, the sword being purely physical.

That's true, and in the case of Gwyn's Choke Explosion Finisher, it's 200 physical, 638 fire. Doesn't matter though, as the Chief has very significant durability feats for both fire and physical, such as the heat from orbital reentry.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Laurcus said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Laurcus said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Laurcus said:

Chief curbstomps.

Fair enough.

That's true, and in the case of Gwyn's Choke Explosion Finisher, it's 200 physical, 638 fire. Doesn't matter though, as the Chief has very significant durability feats for both fire and physical, such as the heat from orbital reentry.

True so I suppose it doesn't matter.

Still I have a hard time thinking none of the demons will harm him.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sethlol

Say whatever you want, but he aint passing Ornstein/Smough.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kingkronos

From what I recall from Dark souls. Gwyn was able to stomp many dragons with his thunderbolts in one strike. So he should solo.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By z3ro180

@Laurcus: if the chief can win its not a curb stomp

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Xanni15said:

Yeah... He's not clearing this.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cooljammy18

I was waiting for someone to make this type of thread. Honestly the Chief would be lucky to get past the Asylum Demon. He stops at Ornstein and Smough. If for some reason he passes them, there's no way he's getting through The Four Kings, if he even knows how to traverse the Abyss.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cooljammy18

@kingkronos said:

From what I recall from Dark souls. Gwyn was able to stomp many dragons with his thunderbolts in one strike. So he should solo.

This was before Gwyn gave up his essence to keep the Flame burning, thus becoming a hallow.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kingkronos

@cooljammy18 said:

@kingkronos said:

This was before Gwyn gave up his essence to keep the Flame burning, thus becoming a hallow.

So what does this exactly mean?

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Laurcus

@cooljammy18 said:

I was waiting for someone to make this type of thread. Honestly the Chief would be lucky to get past the Asylum Demon. He stops at Ornstein and Smough. If for some reason he passes them, there's no way he's getting through The Four Kings, if he even knows how to traverse the Abyss.

I just don't see how someone that can survive hundreds of thousands of pounds of pressure, can lift over a ton, has superhuman precision with 1500% greater reflexes, can run over 50 MPH and is armed with futuristic weapons, can possibly lose to what amounts to a big dude with a club.

I mean, just compare him to the main character of Dark Souls. The maximum equip load you can have without an item increasing it is 139 pounds. The Chief can lift a ton without breaking a sweat. Like, a 50 foot fall will kill you in Dark Souls. The Chief fell from space and lived. The Chief's strength and durability feats are many magnitudes greater than anything shown in Dark Souls. What could anything here realistically do to him?

And I consider the Abyss walking thing to be a technicality, like seeing Bleach characters in Bleach battle threads.

It means he is a mindless undead shell of his former self.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By z3ro180

@kingkronos: a hollow is an undead that has lost all their humanity and souls and has went insane. Think of it like the gouls from fallout if they asorb to much radiation or spend years alone the go insane I.E. hollow hope that helps if not watch a guy on you tube called EpicNameBro he has lore vidios about dark souls and better explains the games story.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kingkronos

@Laurcus: @Z3RO180: Thanks for explaining, Dark Souls is a complicated game.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By z3ro180

@kingkronos:

complicated maybe ball crushinly hard definently

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SpideyPresence

@cooljammy18 said:

I'm not going to say something brash here since i know nothing about darksouls but do you have any evidence to back this up?

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@SpideyPresence said:

@cooljammy18 said:

I'm not going to say something brash here since i know nothing about darksiders two but do you have any evidence to back this up?

This game is Dark Souls, not Darksiders

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Laurcus

@SpideyPresence said:

@cooljammy18 said:

I'm not going to say something brash here since i know nothing about darksiders two but do you have any evidence to back this up?

I'm very very familiar with Dark Souls, and trust me, The Chief laughs at the Asylum Demon, and every other slow moving enemy of Dark Souls. The only Dark Souls boss that would stand a chance against the Chief is Manus The Father of the Abyss, and he's a DLC boss, and not listed in the OP.

That's the first boss of Dark Souls. Note how incredibly slow it is.

The fastest boss listed here is the final one, Gwyn, Lord of Cinder.

Also note, while Gwyn is faster than the Asylum Demon, The Chief would run circles around him.

gamerzdu04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gamerzdu04

Bosses Win

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpideyPresence

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@SpideyPresence said:

@cooljammy18 said:

Ahh excuse my for my typo

@Laurcus said:

I'm very very familiar with Dark Souls, and trust me, The Chief laughs at the Asylum Demon, and every other slow moving enemy of Dark Souls. The only Dark Souls boss that would stand a chance against the Chief is Manus The Father of the Abyss, and he's a DLC boss, and not listed in the OP.

Also note, while Gwyn is faster than the Asylum Demon, The Chief would run circles around him.

Thanks i thought so.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Never played Dark Souls but based on what I saw from the vids up above. Couldn't Chief just overwhelm with his more modern tech like guns, gravity hammers and sabers.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Laurcus

@slacker the hacker said:

Never played Dark Souls but based on what I saw from the vids up above. Couldn't Chief just overwhelm with his more modern tech like guns, gravity hammers and sabers.

Pretty much.

Though really, with the speed difference, I see no reason why the Chief couldn't solo 99% of the enemies in Dark Souls unarmed. And even then, that last 1% would depend on how well he reacts to Manus' giant AoE spell of doom.

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

Can we use game mechanics for Chief?

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Laurcus

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

I would generally say no. The Chief is much stronger in lore than he is in gameplay. They have to nerf him down so that the player isn't a god.

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@Laurcus said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

I would generally say no. The Chief is much stronger in lore than he is in gameplay. They have to nerf him down so that the player isn't a god.

Actually in game a Spartan can flip Elephants which are 205 tons so that would put Chief at 205+ tons.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Laurcus

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Laurcus said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

Actually in game a Spartan can flip Elephants which are 205 tons so that would put Chief at 205+ tons.

While that's true, he's only really better in strength feats from the games. Speed, reflexes, precision and durability are all much better in lore.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MonsterStomp

Chief has luck which has served him pretty well throughout the series.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@SpideyPresence said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@SpideyPresence said:

@cooljammy18 said:

Ahh excuse my for my typo

@Laurcus said:

Thanks i thought so.

No worries.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kingkronos

@Z3RO180: Also, I what to ask, does Dark souls get easier and better? Because I played the beginning, and it's very hard, and becomes repetitive with my constant deaths, so does it get easier later?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By z3ro180

@kingkronos: Nop it doesnt the bosses get bigger and harder.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By z3ro180

@TheVoiceOfReason: that elephant thing is for the lols and not actually part of the lore

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kingkronos

@Z3RO180 said:

@kingkronos: Nop it doesnt the bosses get bigger and harder.

Thanks I guess. I really hoped you wouldn't say that.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By z3ro180

@kingkronos: dont worry you get better armor and weapons witch makes you stronger.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kingkronos

@Z3RO180 said:

@kingkronos: dont worry you get better armor and weapons witch makes you stronger.

I know but thanks anyway.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By z3ro180

@kingkronos: what do you play it on ?

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kingkronos

@Z3RO180 said:

@kingkronos: what do you play it on ?

PS3, why?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By z3ro180

@kingkronos: if you played on the 360 we could have had a little battle :(

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kingkronos

@Z3RO180 said:

@kingkronos: if you played on the 360 we could have had a little battle :(

Unfortunately I don't have a 360. And I prefer PS because it has better graphics.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By z3ro180

@kingkronos:NO WAY 360 IS BETTER IN SO MANY WAYS blaah blah blah lol

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kingkronos

@Z3RO180 said:

@kingkronos:NO WAY 360 IS BETTER IN SO MANY WAYS blaah blah blah lol

LOL. I hate PS3 vs Xbox 360 debates.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By z3ro180

@kingkronos: same cant tell you how many people try to start one with me and fail

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kingkronos

@Z3RO180 said:

@kingkronos: same cant tell you how many people try to start one with me and fail

LOL.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah MC is a badass but unfortunately he dose not clear .

Frist off everyone is saying Chief can doge the Bosses attacks but... The Bosses can tank his bullets IMO they are massive beasts to a one and frankly lets remember how many bullets it takes to kill a brute then compare that to the sheer size of some of there bosses let alone if the bullets can pierce the hide of some of these guys which I doubt.

Next up Seath the scaleless How the hell is Chief supposed to now to smash a certain crystal in that cavern? he is unfamiliar with magic and has no idea that a crystal is keeping his foe alive ( there are no visual cues) the only way he knows that is if he meets Big hat logain the only way he meets Big hat is if he gets imprisoned in Duke archives, the only way he gets there is if he fights Seath and dies.... and well he is not Undead he stays dead.

Four kings win by BFR chief can not function in the abyss game over

Bed of chaos Come on we have all died from this guy from a cheap fall Chief slips up once he dies for good

You cant Clear Dark souls without dying at least once in my mind ( unless you have a cheat mode or the power of a god)