The Covenant VS The Geth

Avatar image for deactivated-64515c7889021
deactivated-64515c7889021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Round 1: Covenant-6 Elites with dual plasma repeaters. 10 grunts, 5 with needlers and 5 with plasma pistols. No cloaking.

Geth- 6 geth destroyers with pulse shotguns. 10 Geth troopers with Carnifex pistols.

Round 2: Covenant: 6 Elites with 3 plasma grenades each, 4 with energy blades and plasma repeaters, 2 with rocket launchers. Cloaking allowed. 6 Brutes, 4 with dual spikers and 2 with gravity hammers. 2 Hunters. 4 jackals with shields and plasma pistols.

Geth-6 Geth Hunters with 3 grenades each, 4 with Geth pulse rifles and 2 with rocket launchers.Cloaking allowed. 6 Geth Destroyers, 4 with pulse shotguns and 2 with flamethrowers. 2 Geth Prime with rocket launchers. 4 Geth Hoppers.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Could go either way. I would give a slight edge to the Covenant since the Geth Troopers are just given pistols while half the grunts get needlers.

Round 2: Covenant.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i give all rounds to the covenant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You think the needlers would make a huge difference against the Geth shields and metal bodies? Also these are Mass Effect pistols, every one in the game is basically at or above the Magnum from Halo 1. The Geth Destroyers use a charge attack in conjunction with there shotguns. Also for round 2 the Geth Juggernauts can use overload, and also amp the Geth around them in battle.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geth win both rounds, mainly due to Destroyers and Primes. Shotguns and Flamethrowers are insanely effective against Covenant troops.

The energy swords could definitely take out some of the lesser Geth easily, but the heavyweights on the ME side are what give the Geth the victory.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wut

@hyena401: Given needlers are fairly impressive in terms of penetration, have broken through shielding before, and tend to go boom once enough of them hit a body, I don't think it really matters if it is a metal (and it isn't like the Geth are made out of super unobtanium) or organic tissue.

Not really. Halo Magnums are .50. They would also do nasty things to someone's skull just like ME pistols do and that was only really seen with Saren. More if the Magnum is firing hollow points.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last Halo I played was Reach and its been awhile. The needler def was stronger in the first few games. And Idk the Carnifax was my go to gun for almost all of ME:2&3 because it was better than almost every other gun against armored targets.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geth

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wut

@hyena401: The Mattock was the gun I used for 2&3. Love that gun so much.

Needler is still massively strong. You have to get it in 'drops' from kills because it tends to pwn pretty good if you get it.

These are various shots from modern .50 handguns (some lower grain, first one is 300ish while the second is 500, if I recall correctly).

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

We never judge something based on gameplay, we use lore such as cutscenes, novels, etc. So, when judging a pistols power for ME, we look at Saren popping himself in the head that tore out a good portion of his skull, and as you see above, shooting yourself in the head with those would cause... massive damage to your head as well.

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geth both rounds

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: It also depends on OP what specific pistols the Geth are using. Heavy pistols like the Carnifex and Paladin have been shown to cause heads to explode, and take down shields with a single headshot.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Lol if we are using gameplay 'heads explode so utterly nothing is left not even a neck' then no.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Covenant win both. It only takes a single needle penetrating body tissue to go boom. This means if you get stuck with one your guts are getting blown through your ribs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Grunts dont have shields, and im editing it, I meant Carnifex pistols. I think the grunts can get off a few needler shots before the geth can get off a pistol sht but it still has to get through there shields. And 1 pistol shot should be enough to drop a grunt.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wut

@hyena401: Geth aren't aimbots. If they were, they would not have been bested by Shepard while causing almost no casualties to her crew, not have been pushed back by the council races, and would have been able to deal with the Quarians without having to make a deal with the Reapers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously? That is for gameplay reasons. If your crew members died every mission who would be left? Those are named characters goingbagainst fodder. This is a fodder vs fodder battle. And the Geth dont constantly fire wildly or run away screaming when facing a superior opponent like grunts do. Have you seen the accuracy Legion is capable of? Amd the Geth almost eliminatd the Quarians, booted them from there own homeworld.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 Covenant

Round 2 Covenant real hard.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points