• 77 results
#1 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

The Captain has Mjolnir and his shield. Batman has his utility belt. In-character. No prep. No intel. Win by KO or kill, no BFR. The battle takes place in Marvel NYC but assume no other supers will become involved.

Who and why?

#2 Posted by homicidalmaniac (5410 posts) - - Show Bio

What?

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15983 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Superman Speeding Bullets

#4 Edited by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

The Captain versus Batman from the book "Speeding Bullets."

#5 Posted by JediXMan (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

The Captain?

#6 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Steve Rogers with Mjolnir.

#7 Posted by MonsterStomp (13338 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#8 Edited by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys aren't giving reasons....

#9 Posted by godzilla44 (1743 posts) - - Show Bio

spite thread

#10 Edited by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by godzilla44 (1743 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: batman can barely pull off a win against cap in random encounter and now you cap a weapon that can easily summon lightning and one shot batman with it. batman stands no chance in this fight especially if batman is in character and has no prep

#12 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@godzilla44: I'd like to see Cap have bullets bounce off his Kryptonian skin like Speeding Bullets Batman does. Also, he goes for bone breaking and intense doses of heatvision.

#13 Posted by CF12793 (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Steve Rogers with Mjolnir.

Then put "Captain America" in the title instead of "the Captain" so no one gets confused.

#14 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: In HeroClix, his codename was "The Captain." I assumed that was what he went by when he lifted the hammer in the comics.

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (27230 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Jokergeist (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist: HAS ANYONE BESIDES ME AND ALLSTAR READ "SPEEDING BULLETS???"

#19 Posted by Jokergeist (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: Speeding bullets are too fast to read as they pass by.

#20 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist: Dude, if you liked the Flashpoint Joker, you'll love Speeding Bullets' Joker.

#21 Posted by OreoAssassin (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

Im generally confused sooo

#22 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: I found a copy for five bucks. Good deal. It's an Elseworlds tale though.

#23 Posted by MonsterStomp (13338 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Edited by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Juiceboks (6043 posts) - - Show Bio

#26 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Not you too. Don't tell me NONE of you have even HEARD of the story?!

#27 Posted by Wolverine08 (27230 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: You guys are mean. It's because I'm a woman, isn't it?

OK, I think Steve will be a tough opponent and can dish out more damage, but Batman's superspeed and brutal tactics will keep him in the game.

#29 Posted by godzilla44 (1743 posts) - - Show Bio

@godzilla44: I'd like to see Cap have bullets bounce off his Kryptonian skin like Speeding Bullets Batman does. Also, he goes for bone breaking and intense doses of heatvision.

I'm sorry I didn't we were using a different batman in this match, I've never read speeding bullets batman so I don't know who to vote for.

#30 Edited by reaverlation (7594 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15983 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Jokergeist (4930 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by CF12793 (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to come across as mean, but this should probably be locked. "The Captain" doesn't have any feats (unless there are full comics of Steve Rogers wielding Mjolnir. IIRC he has only lifted it very briefly) so we have literally no idea how he would fight with it, and while this "Speeding Bullets" book does sound intriguing, it's apparent that not a lot of people have read it.

@saren @god_spawn

#36 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: So I'M to be penalized because other people are not well-read?? And yes, Steve did wield Mjolnir in the comics.

#37 Posted by CF12793 (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: So I'M to be penalized because other people are not well-read?? And yes, Steve did wield Mjolnir in the comics.

No need to take this personally. And he has, but IIRC, not for an extended amount of time.

#38 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: You do realize Speeding Bullets is a full book?

#39 Posted by CF12793 (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: You do realize Speeding Bullets is a full book?

Then post the feats from it so people who haven't read it can see what it is.

#40 Edited by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: I'm not a pirate and it's not my job. You're being totally unreasonable and a buzzkill.

#41 Posted by CF12793 (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: I'm not a pirate and it's not my job. You're being totally unreasonable and a buzzkill.

Mmmmk..................

#42 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: If you take issue with my thread, then no one is forcing you to post in here. You can simply let it fade into obscurity until others have had ample time to research both characters.

I haven't AFAIK violated any rules, so asking for it to be locked is plain petty and spiteful imo.

#43 Edited by Veshark (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, firstly Steve Rogers was only referred to as 'The Captain' when he wore the black costume. It has nothing to do with Mjolnir. It just so happens that the first time Steve picked up Mjolnir was when he wore the black outfit, which was probably why HeroClix referred to him as 'Captain'. Just to clear the confusion out of the way.

And I have never read Speeding Bullets before (but I've heard of it, I don't think it's that obscure, you weirdos), but under the impression that it's a Kryptonian Batman, I would give the win to Bruce. In comics history, Cap has only lifted Mjolnir twice, and both for very short times. There was the first time as the Captain, he lifted it, swung it a bit and then gave it back to Thor. Second time was in Fear Itself, he fought Skadi for a bit, but nothing else beyond that.

Truth be told, we've never really seen anything too impressive from Cap when he's lifting Mjolnir. And even with the hammer, Super-Bats still has a huge variety of advantages to beat someone who is essentially a street-leveler with a magic hammer.

#44 Posted by CF12793 (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: If you take issue with my thread, then no one is forcing you to post in here. You can simply let it fade into obscurity until others have had ample time to research both characters.

I haven't AFAIK violated any rules, so asking for it to be locked is plain petty and spiteful imo.

All I'm trying to do is help out. Has Captain America used Mjolnir in battle ever? Does he have any feats with it? If he hasn't, then there's no way to debate with him. Batman from "Speeding Bullets" sounds really cool, but if you can't post feats from the book, than the only people who can debate in this thread are the people who have read the book, which doesn't appear to be many.

#45 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Thank you, Battle Guy. Nice synopsis and analysis and contribution.

I mean that.

As an aside, I thought Cap got the power of Thor? Beta Ray Bill did, so I don't see why Cap wouldn't? Thanks.

#46 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3706 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Edited by Veshark (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart said:

@veshark: Thank you, Battle Guy. Nice synopsis and analysis and contribution.

I mean that.

As an aside, I thought Cap got the power of Thor? Beta Ray Bill did, so I don't see why Cap wouldn't? Thanks.

I'm not saying he wouldn't get it, but having Thor's power and wielding it effectively are two different things. The truth of the matter is that we have little feats attesting to Cap being able to use Mjolnir's power very effectively. It's not a stretch to suggest that he can (tactical mastermind and all), but he doesn't have many on-panel feats beyond a short fight with Skadi, and given Super-Bats' overwhelming physicals - I'd still give it to him.

#48 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Fair point. I thought it'd be a slobberknocker and a nice change of pace from the usual.

You're the coolest, Battle Guy.

I'm considering pitting the supervillainess from Rick Jones' bachelor party (in an old PAD issue of Hulk) up against Miranda Swedlow, btw. Thoughts?

#49 Edited by Veshark (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Fair point. I thought it'd be a slobberknocker and a nice change of pace from the usual.

You're the coolest, Battle Guy.

I'm considering pitting the supervillainess from Rick Jones' bachelor party (in an old PAD issue of Hulk) up against Miranda Swedlow, btw. Thoughts?

*Salutes*

I don't know about the Rick Jones villainess, but I don't think Night-B*tch has any really notable feats...

#50 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Dude, family site, Battle Guy. And what'd I tell you about taking the Lord's name in vain? j/k buddy.

Um, as soon as I find the issue I'll post scans, but I want a suitable opponent for her.